• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
but what happens when the mk/snake players step up their game too? are they able to break the matchups just as you plan on doing to them?
Then I step my game up some more and not worry about that. worrying about this is not gonna get me the win, I don't have time to worry about this. I have to worry about doing my thing and win, done.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
dark pch has the right attitude. i know i have switched many times to top tiers whenever i wanna play to win in some matches and stuff, but i have still never given up on sheik/zelda because they are my favorite character. if i have to go the extra mile to discover things about my character, i will, regardless of how much 'potential' they have. whos gonna bring out the potential besides me?

to be great, u have to be ahead on the game. i cant be a great sheik if im just following the shadow of armada/champ/neo or whatever. i have to be my own player and push my character's metagame myself to get anywhere. its the only way the tier list changes, esp. if too many people consider the tier list some godsent authority. the tier list is always subject to change, even in melee.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Typically most characters can roll away fast enough to avoid the Dthrow chain. I hear Olimar's roll is too slow or too short and so Snake can Dthrow him again.
olimar's tech rolls are awful and basically reduce snake's guessing game to covering 2 options

get up attack

other

that being said it's still not something that can be done 100% on reaction, olimar is vulnerable and gets ***** by dthrow a lot, but it's no death grab, saying that it is and then criticizing people for theory craft is hilarious because this can only be true in theory, it has never been so in practice.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
dark pch has the right attitude. i know i have switched many times to top tiers whenever i wanna play to win in some matches and stuff, but i have still never given up on sheik/zelda because they are my favorite character. if i have to go the extra mile to discover things about my character, i will, regardless of how much 'potential' they have. whos gonna bring out the potential besides me?

to be great, u have to be ahead on the game. i cant be a great sheik if im just following the shadow of armada/champ/neo or whatever. i have to be my own player and push my character's metagame myself to get anywhere. its the only way the tier list changes, esp. if too many people consider the tier list some godsent authority. the tier list is always subject to change, even in melee.
Bingo, don't play by the book. You write it, and play by your book. high tiers arent **** to me and put no fear in my heart.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol peachrose remidns me of ~Peachy~

pink letters and smileys

wow u guys are so girly

unless u are girls :D

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
the popular peach mains are all dudes

@DP
IMA STOMP YOU OUT

but for serious, i would like to play you
Bring it punk azz

But for serious, ok.

To stay on topic I just realized. Peach is too good for a tier list. Just cause of the fact she can float and no one else can. Take her off the list. Peach is broken.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@ Dark.Pch

If I could actually get to tournaments, I would be the same way with Ness.
X_x
I probably would be like that with marth... if I didn't DESPISE dittos for Marth.

Basically, I counterpick 2 characters now, Marth (with MK) and DDD (with Zelda).

Though I occasionally just run Zelda/shiek and/or Ganondorf when I wanna be really manly.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
To stay on topic I just realized. Peach is too good for a tier list. Just cause of the fact she can float and no one else can. Take her off the list. Peach is broken.
Ganondorf is so rediculously manly that it is impossible to judge Ganon on his frame data and matchups alone. It is impossible to convey on a computer screen just how manly Ganondorf is and once you see his true manpower, most people's minds are unable to comprehend the manliness and simply explode.

Take Ganon off the tier list. He's broken.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ganondorf is so rediculously manly that it is impossible to judge Ganon on his frame data and matchups alone. It is impossible to convey on a computer screen just how manly Ganondorf is and once you see his true manpower, most people's minds are unable to comprehend the manliness and simply explode.

Sort of like Marth when you knock of the tiara.

Except he destroys the world.

Marth without tiara = broken on the manlyness tier.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Sort of like Marth when you knock of the tiara.

Except he destroys the world.

Marth without tiara = broken on the manlyness tier.
Except we're talking about Brawl here, and Marth... just face it, he doesn't play that manly in Brawl. He's leagues above his Melee counterpart when it comes to manliness, but a conservative playstyle featuring pokes and zoning =/= manly. Maybe Marth is an insanely manly swordsman in the Fire Emblem series (Isn't he in the DS one? I have yet to play that game), but in terms of how he is in the Smash Series, we'll take someone who doesn't regularly wear a tiara.

Now if we're taking background information into accounts, Captain Falcon would simply destroy everything. Any manly person would know why without me even having to reference it.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

And yea, Ganon is broken as well. He needs to go.

Peach is a hawt blonde in a pink dress with high heels and beats up people with sports and kitchen equipment. Also parasol. She also beats you up with plants and her nice booty. Then when she wins she dares get cocky and say "did I win?" Also if she feels a lil lazy, she has her servant "toad" come in and do the job for her. She also slaps you like you just violated her too many times. And while people try to hit her while she recovers, she just floats down with her parasol like it is all good. And she dances in a fight? And the only character that floats in this whole game. I don't see nobody else doing that. The hell is wrong with the SBR making her top of C, you guys high or something?

If this does not spell too much ****, then I don't know what is. Peach is too good for this broken sucky game. Just looking at her spells ****. Oh man you boys don't know the half of it. oh wooo is you guys.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
If you wanna talk broken, lets talk about the guy that can run the speed of sound.

Sonic >>>> Your life

I believe there was a thread on the falcon boards that determined that captain falcon runs 45 miles per hour and sonic in comparison, sonic run about 80 or so in brawl.

so we are talking about a dude that can run at the speed of sound, that limiting him self to fighting the rest of these silly fighters at around 20-25% of his maximum abilities.

Get *****.

P.s. thats without bringing certain "Jewels" into the equation...

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Sonic got all that speed for nothing. He still gets beat up by blonde in a pink dress. That is not **** to me sir.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Sonic's too fast.

In bed.

Captain Falcon on the other hand, shows his moves. And his moves are good.

In bed.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Sonic's too fast.

In bed.

Captain Falcon on the other hand, shows his moves. And his moves are good.

In bed.
"YOUR TOO...URRGGHH OOOHH!!"

. . . yea lets not go there. Im having some bad flash backs to SONIC 2006~*~*~*~

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
. . . yea lets not go there. Im having some bad flash backs to SONIC 2006~*~*~*~
...What are you talking about? (That game never happened, according to the timeline)

Also this thread has gotten really gay, except for KID explaining how Sonic had to tone it down so everybody else could keep up.

...Only a few characters would be able to compete with him, let alone outright defeat him (Ganon comes to mind)

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
...What are you talking about? (That game never happened, according to the timeline)

Also this thread has gotten really gay, except for KID explaining how Sonic had to tone it down so everybody else could keep up.

...Only a few characters would be able to compete with him, let alone outright defeat him (Ganon comes to mind)

oh so you've never seen hell first hand in a video game eh? Truly such virgin eyes are blessed that they've never seen such atrocities in one entire Sega circus ride.

This thread is typically gay anyway so be chill

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
No you don't understand.

However I don't think I want to explain it here, this is not the thread/topic/place for it.

However I'm telling you the game never happened because of the time traveling business, not because I'm trying to deny the game actually exists or any of that.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
No you don't understand.

However I don't think I want to explain it here, this is not the thread/topic/place for it.

However I'm telling you the game never happened because of the time traveling business, not because I'm trying to deny the game actually exists or any of that.
http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Sonic2006/

may the steak be with you young hedge hog

back to ganon since ganon always seems to make me smile;

ahh ganon where do i begin..from your lovely tech chasing side+b, to your wonderful ney pleasurable thunderstomp, to your dangerious uairs. A creature of such divine evil will always be 1# in my heart. Why i would graciously main Link if only to slay many a ganon-- so that the end of the day i can sheath my sword and say; "
projectiles and mid range options win the day again king of evil1!"

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Ha, so Ganondorf is really that manly huh? Okay! If that's the case, I'm afraid that Peach, Zelda and ZSS have a 100-0 advantage on him. Just be a femme fatale. They'll seduce him. "Don't you think it's HOT in here, don't you wanna touch meeee?" And then... they'll kill. Easy.

Ganon4manliness, but I'm afraid it's also Ganon4bottom.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
ganon isnt interested in women
like every other male hes a gold digger

i dont see why they didnt do a result screen with ganon gently caressing his triforce of power

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Except we're talking about Brawl here, and Marth... just face it, he doesn't play that manly in Brawl. He's leagues above his Melee counterpart when it comes to manliness, but a conservative playstyle featuring pokes and zoning =/= manly. Maybe Marth is an insanely manly swordsman in the Fire Emblem series (Isn't he in the DS one? I have yet to play that game), but in terms of how he is in the Smash Series, we'll take someone who doesn't regularly wear a tiara.

Now if we're taking background information into accounts, Captain Falcon would simply destroy everything. Any manly person would know why without me even having to reference it.
Lol, he plays so girlie because of the tiara, why do you think his final smash is so manly (he just runs at you, and smashes you)? His tiara gets lifted a little off.

If it every totally came off, he'd destroy all creation.

Ha, so Ganondorf is really that manly huh? Okay! If that's the case, I'm afraid that Peach, Zelda and ZSS have a 100-0 advantage on him. Just be a femme fatale. They'll seduce him. "Don't you think it's HOT in here, don't you wanna touch meeee?" And then... they'll kill. Easy.

Ganon4manliness, but I'm afraid it's also Ganon4bottom.
No, he's evil manlieness, they just take women that they want prisoner.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Lol, he plays so girlie because of the tiara, why do you think his final smash is so manly (he just runs at you, and smashes you)? His tiara gets lifted a little off.

If it every totally came off, he'd destroy all creation.
Lol, marth boards need to give it up and admit they play a girly character, like how we sonics admitted that we play a really crappy character. :)

:093:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
As much as I love Mario, I can't stand it when people hype their own characters. The worst offenders were probably the Yoshi boards last year when Yoshi was looked into for being a potential Metaknight counter. Mmac's a cool guy and all but there were times I wanted to warp through the internet and knee him in the gut because of the "Yoshi's going to become high tier" talk. :laugh:

Add in: Other boards that have annoyed me because of how they have hyped their character at some point in time:

1. Captain Falcon
2. Ike
3. Shiek
4. Zero Suit Samus
5. Peach
6. Sonic x10

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
as a whole, the sonic boards never over hyped the character, we educated the people who were still in the mindset of "durr all he doz iz spni" and unlike other boards we actually went out and got results to prove that what we were saying about sonic was true. Thatswhy we got the biggest one tier list jump of any character ever.

half the sonic mains even thought he went up too high, even tho i think he might be better than the 2 lesser spacies still.

but yea, we werent overhyping the character, we were hyping him just enough, which is why most people agree with his current tier position rather than his previous one

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
1. Who has ever seriously hyped falcon?
2. Maybe, this talk of him soft countering Ice Climbers is pretty hilarious
3. The only thing I can remember was when they thought they had an infinite, that turned out to not work. I'd be pretty hyped too personally
4. We have the results to back ourselves up, and that's pretty ******** considering we have like 3-5 people even on the radar in the national scene.
5. One dude who may or may not have a point, we'll see how he does in upcoming tournies
6. Kinda

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
2. Maybe, this talk of him soft countering Ice Climbers is pretty hilarious
Except it's actually true. >_> Extremely rare for an Ike to be that good, but when Ike is that good thats how it ends up being.

The boards that annoy me are the PT boards (lol C tier and some of their match-up discussion topics are painful to read. lol frame one bullet seed or what ever it was they were claiming for a while) and the Yoshi board (lol high tier but that's basically died away)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha, its usually that one person who always posts dumb stuff. one or two. when its moer than that, u know its a bad board

ehehe as for sheik boards

im looking at u saviorslegacy

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Their boards used to be really bad. It was essentially ****** central. The Ike boards were pretty much the same way but things turned around pretty quickly once comboking and rok the reaper left.
That isn't the Ike boards.

That's idiots who won't leave us alone. Dude, it's Ike, we always have a few people like that kicking around. (comboking is sadly still around). That isn't the true Ike board.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Except it's actually true. >_> Extremely rare for an Ike to be that good, but when Ike is that good thats how it ends up being.

The boards that annoy me are the PT boards (lol C tier and some of their match-up discussion topics are painful to read. lol frame one bullet seed or what ever it was they were claiming for a while) and the Yoshi board (lol high tier but that's basically died away)
What good ICs have Kirk or San beaten?
I honestly just don't know.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
For the Shiek boards, Tristan Win was the biggest offender. He didn't saying anything dumb, he just grossly overplayed Shiek's potential. Yoshi, Mmac. Captain Falcon, too many to count. Ike, Rokthereaper. Sonic, take your pick. Peach, Dark Peach. ZSS, just in general I think the character is overrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom