• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

gm jack

Smash Lord
I agree. Toon Link is a really good character with no extreme glaring weaknesses while Lucario has several and does not have the tools to compete at a high level. I could see Lucario dropping down to C tier before it's all said and done.
What glaring weaknesses does Lucario have? I can't think of any at all.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Recovery, but I don't see much else.
Lucario's recovery isn't actually all that bad. On stages with walls, he can essentially climb the walls back up to the stage. It's only when he's recovering from really low down that his Extremespeed encounters problems, and really unless they're being meteor smashed, good Lucarios should know how to avoid situations like that.

A much bigger problem for Lucario is that he's at a major disadvantage if his opponent gimp kills him. Since Lucario can't really kill well unless he's at high percents, if someone manages to find a way to kill him at 50%, then he comes back at 0%, which means that he'll be very weak and will have trouble killing their opponent.

For example, let's say that he's fighting MK and MK is at 100% while Lucario is at 40%. MK is well known for his gimping skills, so he can get him off-stage, and then use Shuttle Loop to kill him. When Lucario returns, he'll be at 0%, and thus will have trouble killing MK due to the low knockback his moves have, and so MK is free to damage Lucario more and potentially try to gimp kill him again.

Gimp kills are bad for any character, but they're particularly detrimental to Lucario.

Browny

Smash Hater
lucarios above average weight with his fast fair for momentum cancelling and great aerial DI, mixed with aura sphere to deter would-be edgeguarders and dair stalling, makes up for extremespeed not having a hitbox imo... you rarely even need to use ES, hes so floaty.

the people he can get gimped by can gimp just about everyone else in the cast somehow. being able to get shuttle looped to death by MK isnt a glaring weakness. even MK can get shuttle looped >_>

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
pit however, upon further review, seems kinda bad. and has nobody out there proving why he is where he is. I think hes at his spot just based on assumptions we all still have of him from when the game came out. Every one thought he was top tier, and hes been moving down ever since. in the current metagame of brawl, that seems to be based more on number of options rather than the potential of each single option, pit seems to be a character that is worth movign down
Pits just need to play gayer. There's too much emphasis on being flashy and not enough given for just being a complete ******, which is Pit's purpose in life.

This is the most recent video I can find of Masashi, he's Japan's best Pit and the reason Pit is so highly regarded there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NwF89_mKpQ

There's no secret that Pit is amazing in a country where Angel Ring goes "NAH-NAH-NAH-NAH-NAH-NAH-NAH!" It's also no secret that, for some reason, I am completely incapable of beating Pit. I simply cannot handle all the gay. It's too much.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Azen used to get gimped so i'm pretty sure at higher levels of play his recovery becomes a glaring weakness.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Azen used to get gimped so i'm pretty sure at higher levels of play his recovery becomes a glaring weakness.
Pretty much every character gets gimped, apart from the very good MKs and Warios. As said, Lucario is so floaty and heavy that it is very hard to put one is a position where they can be gimped.

Browny

Smash Hater
wow thats amazing. a few instances where his lucario gets gimped by none other than the best gimper in the world, using the best gimping character ever, and its a glaring weakness.

what about when m2k gets fair spiked by ally twice? now what?

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
What glaring weaknesses does Lucario have? I can't think of any at all.
His recovery I guess, but his ability to kill kinda put me off Lucario. His Fsmash is too laggy IMO, although he does have a killing projectile. :)

Also with regards to Toon Link, he shouldn't really move down the tier list, most likely up, he has alot of potential and tricks that aren't really being incorporated in his overall playstyle, yet.

Chips is really pushing Toon Links capabilities. (I don't really see Santi play anymore)

He placed well in Genesis, the highest placing non-high tiered character?

Winners' bracket
Defeated MikeHaze
Defeated Sean
Defeated Hylian
Lost to Ally

Losers' bracket
Defeated Co18
Lost to lain

1. Ally - Snake
2. M2K - Meta Knight
3. Tyrant - Meta Knight
4. Dojo - Meta Knight
5. ADHD - Diddy Kong
6. DEHF - Falco
7. Fiction - Wario
8. SK92 - Falco
9. Judge - Meta Knight
9. Lain - Ice Climbers/King Dedede
9. Ultimate Razer - Snake
9. UTD Zach - Game & Watch
13. Bardull - Marth
13. Havok - Meta Knight/Marth
13. Zex - Marth/Meta Knight
13. Chip - Toon Link :bee:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
wow thats amazing. a few instances where his lucario gets gimped by none other than the best gimper in the world, using the best gimping character ever, and its a glaring weakness.

what about when m2k gets fair spiked by ally twice? now what?
When did I say anything about M2K or even MK for that matter lmao.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I also haven't seen Santi play for awhile...but I've seen Jerm. He's just as good. Toon Link will never move down. I doubt he'll move up significantly, but definitely not down.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I also haven't seen Santi play for awhile...but I've seen Jerm. He's just as good. Toon Link will never move down. I doubt he'll move up significantly, but definitely not down.
His range is pretty bad for being a sword character, though he has projectiles and zair. His killing moves are also pretty bad and his spike is an extremely risky move: miss= suicide. His recovery is not as bad as adult Link's one, but it's not really good, it's predictable.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
His range is pretty bad for being a sword character, though he has projectiles and zair.
It's still good compared to most other non-sword characters though. And as you said, projectiles and Zair.

His killing moves are also pretty bad and his spike is an extremely risky move: miss= suicide. His recovery is not as bad as adult Link's one, but it's not really good, it's predictable.
What good Toon Links try and spike with Dair lol? If you're going to try and edgeguard your opponent, Fair is much more reliable than Dair any day. Even Bair might work if it isn't too stale.

I'd say his recovery is marginally above average. Great distance, but can be easy to gimp.

gm jack

Smash Lord
When did I say anything about M2K or even MK for that matter lmao.
The point is **** near every character can get gimped at high levels of play. For example, Ally and M2K have gimped each other a fair few times.

Lucario doesn't lack kill power. The best way land Fsmash is to abuse it's range and lag the other player may be in, either from a move or landing lag. Dair, aura sphere and his counter can all kill, and there may be more I am forgetting.

Iliad

Smash Lord
6 sword characters. I'd love to see the tierlist get thrown through a loop if Nintendo ever decided to not suck balls and add in characters we've always wanted as DLC.

7th Sword = Crono, anyone?

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Santi quit. His last tourney (or at least thats what he said) was SWAT.

gm jack;8086373Lucario doesn't lack kill power. The best way land Fsmash is to abuse it's range and lag the other player may be in said:
and his counter[/B] can all kill, and there may be more I am forgetting.
If you use counter, you deserve to die. It's pathetically easy to Powershield it with any move that doesn't have absurd lag, and it's useless against any well spaced aerial.

Fthrow/Bair kill when Lucario is at like 100+.

yeah, Lucario doesn't really have any specific problems, so much as he isn't amazing at anything. He is good at everything, but not amazing at anything. IMO, he just needs rep, which average feeling characters don't get much of.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i just commented on why completely dismissing double team like that makes people look bad, on the lucario boards.

also, brawl deffo needs more lloyd irving

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Let's discuss Mr. Game & Watch, the bucketbraking priority monster.

The guy is powerful but... predictable. I still think he should be top tier though.
Agree with ya there.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Let's discuss Mr. Game & Watch, the bucketbraking priority monster.

The guy is powerful but... predictable. I still think he should be top tier though.
SDI the Bair, don't get near him. You win. Really, he is too telegraphed. Stupid in doubles though. Def not better than Ics or Oli.

da K.I.D. said:
i just commented on why completely dismissing double team like that makes people look bad, on the lucario boards.
Becasue the top Lucario's use this a lot or something? I have been hit with it like twice ever lol, and I play against a pretty good Lucario main moderatley often. He never uses it.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
SDI the Bair, don't get near him. You win. Really, he is too telegraphed. Stupid in doubles though. Def not better than Ics or Oli.

Becasue the top Lucario's use this a lot or something? I have been hit with it like twice ever lol, and I play against a pretty good Lucario main moderatley often. He never uses it.

Ya know...My GaW did take your MK out of losers finals...And I don't even play him...

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I had a tournament in NJ this saturday where I had to fight 4 metas in a row in bracket then a beast falco, and then DDD. The people that beat me were Inui and atomsk which I had very close games and was possible to win. All this while I had three hours of sleep and going all Peach and I got 13th. That was freaking hard as hell.

NO-freaking-johns.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, G&W to me is a simple character, there really is not much to him. Only thing he has is kills. Besides that, I don't see him as anything OMFG worthy. His metagame to me is bleh.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm highly enjoying all the Colorado in this thread.

G&W is a character that has a definate ceiling. He will only drop in the future since he lacks substance.
I agree, but it can't and won't be far - his gigantic wall of stats isn't going to be easy to topple. He's just good. Doesn't matter if he's predictable if there's no way to stop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom