• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ohio Brawl Power Rankings (11/25/12: NEW RANKINGS UPDATED!)

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Congrats to everyone who made it (both PR and HM)!!! x3 You guys (and gals) rock!!~

Good stuff KB!!!!
And congrats on HM Kassandra and Today!!! x3

Suyon

Smash Lord
My wins don't even justify my HM status
Silly PR panelist. I'm not even good. I'm so terribad. So in my mind I will be on the list next time...hopefully.
I sux at laddering. I lose to Luigi's Links, TLs, and Bowsers all day.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
My List.

Top 10:
1. Shugo
2. Kel
3. Blue Rouge
4. Y.b.M
5. Infern
6. AlphaZealot
7. King Beef
8. Fonz
9. Fizzle
10. DJ iskascribble

HMs
Smash 64
Links24
Sil
Tako
Kassandra Nova

Questions are preferred.

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
-I called the top 3.
-I'm perplexed with some of the voting.
-I approve of the PR image. (good stuff Kassandra)

Idk more later maybe.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
^ Can you guys at least elaborate on your feedback a little more? What are you perplexed about and why? Things like that.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
There are some players who I know do well and should have been in HM instead of others. Only thing I can think of that gave others the edge was they attend more tournaments, which is understandable. One example would be Jiffy(with wario), who seems to be doing better/even then some on the HMs. Tako for sure should be up there, and I can seem him claiming a PR spot in the next voting if he keeps up what he is doing.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Fair enough mention. Can you point out some other instances where he performed as well as he did against AZ this past weekend? Was your mention spurred from just that one occurrence?

I will admit that none of them (being Day, Nova, or Jiffy to my knowledge) have officially beaten anyone in order to warrant their inclusion (as has been the case for HM requirement traditionally in the past), but faced with the issue of heavy inactivity from Smashfield and other players, we included the next best possible candidates based on what they've done in comparison to the rest.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
There is a tournament in NEOH where he did pretty well with wario, let me try to find the link

NVM was the OUGA tournament

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=284769

And I see what you are saying, but unless im mistaken, I dont think there is a set of # of Honorable mentions that we need to have.

Although it could be that HMs that for people who have been steadily increasing their skill and have showed it with higher placings then before, so with that mindset I can understand.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
No. Admittedly, I haven't knocked anyone extremely good (except in doubles.)
But I do know that vs. the other HMs I've consistently out placed a couple mentioned on the HM, and tied a lot.
I'm guessing getting 9th/13th out of 50+ for some tournaments in a row may not be much, but it's still an accomplishment I'd think to look at especially from all of the inactives.

I know I know that placing well isn't as important as who you beat, but isn't this still a little bit of something?

I also know that doubles doesn't count usually so I can't really say much with this, but it does show that I still place really well.

Since June ish I have been getting top 10 in singles granted getting 13th at OUGA.

I guess if you want to talk about who I beat only person worth mentioning is 2-0'ing Mister Eric some tournament ago. .-. ;

I know I haven't beaten many. I also get sent to losers by Lain/God Kais and knocked out by some other God Kais.

I guess I feel kind of crappy about it from what KB is saying is because, "Oh well. You are only there because of other people not being here." Which in bits and pieces is true, but I still think that I worked hard to get 9th a lot... and wish it was still a little bit of something, KB...

Either way, since placings doesn't count about anything apparently I guess I'll just try and beat Lain and them next time.
I'll most definitely do it. [':

I've gotten close to beating really good players in sets, I just need a little inch.
I also know my problem, and it's a bad one, but I'll try and fix it.

Although it could be that HMs that for people who have been steadily increasing their skill and have showed it with higher placings then before,
For once, Anthony has said something that makes me smile and that I agree with.

Kiest, may I ask how'd you came across with your list?

I know it works on a voting setup with the panelists.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
@Today .....unfortunately you can't bring doubles into the equation, and as far as placing well compared to who you beat....I could go to a tournament at my college campus where everyone there doesn't even know of Smashboards and crush them into oblivion with Ganondorf, and get 1st everytime, but it should never be influencial towards my placing on the PR's because there wasn't talent there.

The placings are always respected, but it's not realistic to compare everyone equally by tournament placings, because every tournament and tournament bracket was different.

Like I got Ally in losers bracket at MLG because he got DQ'ed from winners, now I need to be able to beat everyone obviously to be where I want, but it didn't accurately show my placings because I could have beat my next few opponents possibly. Which is just an example.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I'm telling you, it works. It would never work with Kass though cause she's too uptight.
eh...Kass seems almost unapprochable...like every time i talk to her I feel like im annoying her so i cut the convo short

I walked straight up to rikku and talked to her for like 10 straight minutes...lol she's so friendly

Kel

Smash Master
No I don't, thank god. But Dr X reminded me the other day of the time when he had a smashfest in 08 and you came over with bed bug bites. Cincinnati is supposed to be the bed bug capital or something now.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I think all of Ohio has bed bug problems, especially college campuses. I see cool stuff like furniture outside of dumpsters all the time, but I would never pick that stuff up cause it's probably infested with bed bugs.

Btw I had bed bugs in the spring/summer of '07 before I stared hanging out with Dr X. When I moved to Clifton I was bed bug free... so unless I came down around then, I probably didn't come with bug bites. IIRC though, I wasn't as into Smash then. Living down in Clifton playing with you and him made me super competitive.

Honestly though, they're a nightmare. Last year, the people that lived above me apparently had infestation and I was terrified I was going to get them too.

Kel

Smash Master
Yeah I check my mattress and furniture all the time. Whenever I check into hotels the first thing I do it look for bed bugs. I've heard about how impossible they are to get rid of.

Man, 07 though? You were coming over to my apartment back then! haha

D

Deleted member

Rikku's leg has been getting bit up by something. I thought it might be bed bugs, but she checked her mattress and found nothing. :/

QUIVO

Smash Master
Auspher - You've gotta check all furniture, even your carpet. Those things are actually tough to find at first. The ****ty thing is there aren't bombs/sprays that can kill them. There's so much you have to do to get rid of them, it's incredibly annoying.

Kel - I'm pretty sure I didn't come down to your place then, unless it was late '07. I never went to Clifton until I moved down there.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If I recall correctly, asphyxiation works. That's also a really fun hangman word.

smoke 'em out

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
@Fonz, Yeah, I stated.

I'm not saying I should be on there, or whatever. It was just more to KB's post of pretty much saying we'd did nothing.
When still placing top ten is even a little bit of something.
I never said anyone "did nothing". I'm just telling it like it is.

The first and main priority in a decision of who to add to a Power Ranking revolves around who said candidate beats in tournament. Tournament results and consistency of performance are also taken into consideration but they take a slight backseat to the aforementioned "brownie points", so to speak. Now, realistically speaking, you do fall short in that achievement...at least as far as this previous ranking period goes. The same applies to Kassandra. Both of your placings have improved lately, and that is what gave you enough of an edge to be added as an HM above any other possible candidates as previously mentioned.

However with all that aside, it would also be a lie to deny the influence of inactivity on this list, especially the second half of top 10 (the order is correct, but the numbers we're placed at have been slightly altered by a couple of exclusions) and Honorable Mentions list. Only numbers 1 through 5 are clear cut and unaffected by anything.

Top Bottom