• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Oh damn I'm late but...

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKK

TP

Smash Master
I had a dream last night in which I decided to WALK to Chicago for a Brawl tournament. I was walking along the highway, dodging cars. It was pretty cool. About halfway there, I ran into DLA, who was walking in the opposite direction to go to a Brawl tournament in St. Louis.

Looking back at it, neither of us had any supplies on us at all. We must have been REALLY good walkers.

clowsui

Smash Legend
SiiS5: When, from what I've heard, the last 3 have been complete garbage, it's not surprising nobody cares to go. Besides, wasn't one of them run by a criminal who stole everyone's money?
what? lmao

sothe, explain who you're talking about. daycia's never stolen any money from anyone. if i could even be considered a co-host (which i shouldn't, considering i volunteered to help for siis4...), i've never stolen money from anyone. siis3, which was officially co-run by hilt (who also co-ran siis1+2) and rauleen, did not involve anyone who has stolen money.

Akashi

Smash Lord
so i've finally got the urge to watch some anime, but i wanted to deviate from my norm for once. I was thinking of a romantic comedy, but not the typical mainstream stuff (1 dude stuck in a dorm with 6~7 "unique" girls). So, by accident, i found a boshenun(sp LOL), yaoi (kind of, it's 1 girl and 6 guys) series. It's hilarious, and surprisingly not perverted, but oh god it's odd lol

:phone:

SothE700k

Smash Lord
what? lmao

sothe, explain who you're talking about. daycia's never stolen any money from anyone. if i could even be considered a co-host (which i shouldn't, considering i volunteered to help for siis4...), i've never stolen money from anyone. siis3, which was officially co-run by hilt (who also co-ran siis1+2) and rauleen, did not involve anyone who has stolen money.
It's already been corrected that it was at Best of Midwest that it was run by a criminal who took off with everyone's money.
Still, my bad.

--------------------------------------------------
Not sure if I'll be at DLA's smashfest tonight. If I do, I'll be there kinda late. We'll see.
And dammit, Tom! I'm not Robin Hood!

Zwarm

Smash Hero
what? lmao

Yeah, he got that mixed up with Best of Midwest, where the guy who ran it got arrested a few weeks after the tournament because he stole all of the food for the food drive, and made up a fake raffle for an iPhone or iPad or something.

so i've finally got the urge to watch some anime, but i wanted to deviate from my norm for once. I was thinking of a romantic comedy, but not the typical mainstream stuff (1 dude stuck in a dorm with 6~7 "unique" girls). So, by accident, i found a boshenun(sp LOL), yaoi (kind of, it's 1 girl and 6 guys) series. It's hilarious, and surprisingly not perverted, but oh god it's odd lol

Watch Toradora! next. It's a romantic comedy, and probably one of the best.

I'd also suggest Clannad, but that might be too "mainstream" :laugh:

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
There was also that tournament in Indiana (Smashing through the Snow I think) where someone stole like $60 from the TO's sock drawer.

It had to be Sothe.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
They haven't been good. I want to go to the next one, but I really don't have the motivation to go to Ohio.

lol, Clannad mainstream. gg. Akashi, don't be an elitist, just watch it.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
People don't understand that Lebron plays in a much badder era of Basketball right now. You can't even touch him without a foul getting called, he flops, gets away with a lot of travels. People are blowing his defense out of proportion. He didn't even shut down Rose it's just that Rose had to deal with double-triple teams. Rose would cross him up so many times but he was hesitant and would just settle for the jumpshot all the time because people were just waiting for him in the paint ready to foul him, and he wasn't getting any calls all playoffs. Like always though Hollywood just blanks out the times Rose did take him to the paint and finish. No he got shutdown lmao.

Then Lebron is on a team with 1/3 of the Olympic team on it now, and doesn't get double teamed anymore like stars on other teams do. He will never be as good as Jordan sorry. Jordan lead a team to championships 6 times. He didn't join forces with other players to do it like this hollywood *** *****.

I used to like Lebron when he was on Cleveland. He had a reason to showboat and all that there at least. Just now I think he's a tadbit overrated and alot of factors aren't even discussed when talking about his overall game this year.

King~

Smash Champion
whoa whoa all the sudden pippen wasnt an all star player or olympic player either?

you cant have double standards about this jordans team was better period. to even compare the cavs to 90-96 bulls is a joke. like people always try and say jordan did this and that by himself, no he had a good team behind him.

lol and theres a reason rose was not scoring like he had been, to downplay lebrons fourth quater defense vs him is a travesty. i understand being riled up cause pippen compared the two but lets not pretend like LBJ isnt up there

that being said i think dirk has been the best player throught the entire playoffs

_Kain_

Smash Champion
whoa whoa all the sudden pippen wasnt an all star player?

you cant have double standards about this jordans team was better period. to even compare the cavs to 90-96 bulls is a joke. like people always try and say jordan did this and that by himself, no he had a good team behind him.

lol and theres a reason rose was not scoring like he had been, to downplay lebrons fourth quater defense vs him is a travesty. i understand being riled up cause pippen compared the two but lets not pretend like LBJ isnt up there

that being said i think dirk has been the best player throught the entire playoffs
LOL one thing you people seem to forget is MJ and Pippen didn't go oh let's team up to win a championship. MJ was already playing for the Bulls when they got Pippen in the draft. MJ helped Pippen become an all star. So people need to know that first before they say that stuff lmao. People fell into their role, they were a good team because they worked together. They weren't all amazing all star players. FYI

Not to mention MJ had different teams so yeah.

King~

Smash Champion
pretending like he didnt have help when he did is wrong, hell almost every player that one would consider great had help winning their championships over the past decade

example: shaq and kobe, shaq and wade, the boston big four, tim duncan and manu and tony. hell i thinkt he entire pistons starting five made the allstar game when they won the championship

and then looking at the heat everyone after bosh is mediocore, old or just not a good player. their role players just as you said they feel into their roles. the only thing theyve done that so many people are upset about is they intentionally annouced they where teaming up, theres nothing wrong with that.

like i would think after this season bulls fans would understand the need for another good player

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Jordan played better defense than Lebron.

Jordan was a better scorer than Lebron.

Jordan was more clutch than Lebron.

Jordan facilitated teammates better than Lebron.

Jordan had a weaker supporting cast than Lebron.

Jordan won titles, Lebron hasn't.

This game's winner is...
Jordan: 6
Lebron: 0

Oh, just like their NBA championship totals.

King~

Smash Champion
Jordan played better defense than Lebron.

Jordan was a better scorer than Lebron.

Jordan was more clutch than Lebron.

Jordan facilitated teammates better than Lebron.

Jordan had a weaker supporting cast than Lebron.

Jordan won titles, Lebron hasn't.

This game's winner is...
Jordan: 6
Lebron: 0

Oh, just like their NBA championship totals.
ok..

1.subjective, but sure

2.agree

3. agree, this is the first years lbj has shown signs of being clutch

4.bullsh*t, lebron is one of the best passers ever. he made the cavs a great team ALONE, no pippen

5.bullsh*t, not only when they first won did he have pippen plus their enitre roster being filled with GOOD role players like paxson and horace grant they added more to it by getting Rodman and kukoc. lets not pretend like the heat are a better team than the bulls where. look at the current finals the mavs are def a better team but the heat have moe talent and are able to get to the finals because of that alone

6. it took jordan 7 years.......... its lebrons 8th :glare:

look im not saying jordan wasnt the greatest im just saying people need to recognize that there is a definet possiblity that lebron is better or will be better in time.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
ok..

1.subjective, but sure

2.agree

3. agree, this is the first years lbj has shown signs of being clutch

4.bullsh*t, lebron is one of the best passers ever. he made the cavs a great team ALONE, no pippen

5.bullsh*t, not only when they first won did he have pippen plus their enitre roster being filled with GOOD role players like paxson and horace grant they added more to it by getting Rodman and kukoc. lets not pretend like the heat are a better team than the bulls where. look at the current finals the mavs are def a better team but the heat have moe talent and are able to get to the finals because of that alone

6. it took jordan 7 years.......... its lebrons 8th :glare:

look im not saying jordan wasnt the greatest im just saying people need to recognize that there is a definet possiblity that lebron is better or will be better in time.
How can you keep saying he had better people? They were just ok or role players, they were not amazing lmao. Pippen GOT good. The heat have 1/3 of the olympic team, and other ppl that are good too. Haslem isn't good? Mike Miller isn't? Wade got to the playoffs with worse ppl last year. The other people just seem bad on the heat cause they don't fit in to the scheme their running.

Also what harms said

SothE700k

Smash Lord
@akashi/zwarm-anime is for weeaboo ******s and you should feel bad for watching it
Speak for yourself.

There was also that tournament in Indiana (Smashing through the Snow I think) where someone stole like $60 from the TO's sock drawer.

It had to be Sothe.

I remember that tournament. We were all thrown upstairs with everything shut off. I swear, prison wasn't even that harsh to people these days. And I remember clearly: it was $40 from someone's bag. Still pretty stupid on that person's end to just have $40 laying around for everyone. But we all threw in a dollar to make up for it (still upset that the person who did it got away with it.)

Oh! And the TO walked out in the middle of the tournament. Woooow.

(And I didn't do it. Again, I"m not Robin Hood!)

King~

Smash Champion
How can you keep saying he had better people? They were just ok or role players, they were not amazing lmao. Pippen GOT good. The heat have 1/3 of the olympic team, and other ppl that are good too. Haslem isn't good? Mike Miller isn't? Wade got to the playoffs with worse ppl last year. The other people just seem bad on the heat cause they don't fit in to the scheme their running.

Also what harms said
1/4th*

your telling me that a team that went 72-10 is somehow worse than the miami heat of current??? lol ok

of course pippen got good lol players do get better, also pippen was on the olympic team twice guess jordan was hooping with an 1/8 of the olympic team <.<

so youre saying that haslem,miller,jones, chalmers are better than paxson, king, kerr, grant, and armstrong? and then they got rodman who also made an all star team, lookie there three all-stars on one team hmmmm....

and no they are not good players the only team in the playoffs with worse role players were the teams that got knocked out first round and even then knicks,nuggets,spurs,blazers have better role players

yo wade and bron made it to the playoffs by themselves sure but again you need a team to win a championship neither had a team so they made one,simple.

no comment on kobe thing its all speculation at this point, you hear either kobe is the best player or bron is.

Top Bottom