• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Arty I don't even know why you wanna go to SiiS. It looks like there is 0 hype.

If no one wants to order a play-asia GC controller with me/Arty, I am buying tonight. Every person pitching in lowers the cost because shipping is a fixed price. controllers are 5$ off right now so they are 25$ too.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Splitting the topics.
Bebop: It was in English I watched it lol. It's too scattered around for me to keep up. Can't do it.
NBA: Mavs don't care where they shoot. They just throw the ball up and it goes in. Pro.
SiiS5: When, from what I've heard, the last 3 have been complete garbage, it's not surprising nobody cares to go. Besides, wasn't one of them run by a criminal who stole everyone's money?

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Sure get me one barns, I'll pay you back.

Also, I can likely drive to SiiS. Inb4wtf?

:phone:

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
This deserves a double post.

Sothe...... you SUCK. Cowboy Bebop has the simplest plot ever.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
Bebop has 2 episodes of plot, you're ******** if you can't follow that. Evangelion might change the way you think about confusing animus

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Hey, Kennispam and DLA,

How about I'm wired differently. The fact that I can't keep up with picture after picture of a bunch of insanity going on with out of synch audio to fit. I don't care that the plot is simple, I care that not everything is going bonkers to the point of me scratching my head on what to make of it.

---- both of you.

@Zwarm: ...Oh. Eh, still. lol

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Hey, Kennispam and DLA,

How about I'm wired differently. The fact that I can't keep up with picture after picture of a bunch of insanity going on with out of synch audio to fit. I don't care that the plot is simple, I care that not everything is going bonkers to the point of me scratching my head on what to make of it.

---- both of you.

@Zwarm: ...Oh. Eh, still. lol
okay let me just explain it to you if you're having trouble... in almost every Bebop episode, the plot is: they chase after a bounty head. That's all it is lol.

Don't pay attention to the events that lead up to the end of the episode, because the events don't actually matter; the criminal usually gets away in the end anyways.

What you need to pay attention to, instead, is the character development that these events facilitate. Plot is completely unimportant to Cowboy Bebop... it's entirely about character development.

Watch it the same way you'd watch Pulp Fiction. No one cares that Vincent and Mia ordered their steaks rare at the 50's restaurant... it's the fact that they both chose the option of ordering it "bloody as hell" instead of "burnt to a crisp" that helps their character development. In other words, it shows that neither of them has a problem with something that's bloody as hell (since they're both involved with the crime syndicate). Cowboy Bebop does the same sort of thing.

God damnit I could write an essay about this.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
-sigh- Alright, let me make myself clear. Plot isn't the issue here for me. Character development isn't of the issue here.

I'm an extremely visual person. What I'm seeing is what I get most out of the entire thing. I also require audio to be spot on to what is going on with what I'm seeing. When there's a ship, a gunfight, person playing piano, a dark room, more ships, a separate gunfight, ANOTHER gunfight of another sort, all of them flashing in a matter of one to two seconds a piece back and forth in no particular order topping that with normal paced audio, my brain goes into a complete overload. Almost shock. Nothing makes sense, my patience wears thin quite fast, and I lose my interest fast.

I didn't like the style of it. You guys can make sense of it all but I can't.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
-sigh- Alright, let me make myself clear. Plot isn't the issue here for me. Character development isn't of the issue here.

I'm an extremely visual person. What I'm seeing is what I get most out of the entire thing. I also require audio to be spot on to what is going on with what I'm seeing. When there's a ship, a gunfight, person playing piano, a dark room, more ships, a separate gunfight, ANOTHER gunfight of another sort, all of them flashing in a matter of one to two seconds a piece back and forth in no particular order topping that with normal paced audio, my brain goes into a complete overload. Almost shock. Nothing makes sense, my patience wears thin quite fast, and I lose my interest fast.

I didn't like the style of it. You guys can make sense of it all but I can't.
I'm pretty sure what you're referring to is the intro to the first episode. It's not supposed to make sense to anyone until you watch the whole series lol. The first episode is the only episode that has something like that though--the rest of the series is verrrrry easy to follow.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
ok enough anime talk IDEGAF

are we actually considering going to SiiS5 now? I can drive if we get a decent number of people in my car.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
...Alright, I'll take your word for it. /conversation

Count me out. Hearing nothing but bad things about it gives me a sick feeling in my stomach about going.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
DLA and sothe goin hard

finished zero no tsukaima season 1, i thought it was pretty good but not super amazing. 7/10 ill watch the 2nd season. i liked it better than i rated it.

thank you! what a horrible mistake!!!!!!!!!! :yeahboi: :yeahboi:

also i think we should go back to charley's, i dont think i've ever seen that many girls in booty shorts in one room before :pimp: :denzel:

:love:

Kirk

Smash Champion
People actually discussing anime? No way.

ZnT 2nd/3rd seasons aren't any better or worse than the 1st...its all the same thing lol...so you might like it I GUESS

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
regarding SiiS5... even though the tournament was run poorly last time (and the time before that, to an extent), this is going to be a really big tournament with a lot of EC players that we never see, so I'd personally like to go.

Besides, the main problem with SiiS4 was the poor time management. But since SiiS5 is two days long, it would be really really hard to mess up the time management this time lol.

The only reason I didn't enjoy myself last time was because I was running on 50+ hours without sleep. Same goes with everyone else, I'm willing to bet. Aside from bad seeding, the only person that was directly hurt by the bad TO'ing was Arty (with the Kingtoon BS), and he doesn't seem to mind too much since he still wants to go.

So yeah I think we should give them one last chance. Who wants in the DLA'smom'smobile?

Arty

Smash Lord
I was pretty pissed about all those shenanigans, but whatever no one's perfect.

Count me in for now DLA. I still gotta check with Argonne and see what's up. We will probably be getting a hotel for the night and leaving at like 7AM on Saturday right?

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
The tournament is Saturday and Sunday so I was planning on getting the hotel for two nights, and we could just leave Friday afternoon and get a good night sleep on Friday night. We'll stay Saturday night and leave Sunday night after the tournament is over.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I don't understand why you both want to go, but whatever, not my money/time. If it's good, then I will actually make considerations for the future. If it's bad, 3 strikes and you are out.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I made a pretty detailed post on why I wanted to go.

Plus your metaphor doesn't make sense... it only has two strikes but you still refuse to go lol. And how will you know if this one is good or not if you don't go to it?

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey, so I saw a post about a possible DBDC 2 for the 18th... is it going to happen? If not, then are they going to be any other tournaments happening in IL in the summer? I've been too busy with school for tournaments, but I'll be out after the 10th.

Also... I have to start posting in here more.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Hey, so I saw a post about a possible DBDC 2 for the 18th... is it going to happen? If not, then are they going to be any other tournaments happening in IL in the summer? I've been too busy with school for tournaments, but I'll be out after the 10th.

Also... I have to start posting in here more.
Yeah, we were looking at the 18th, but it's not set in stone yet. Nothing's really being planned beyond that, IL has been pretty dead lately.

Oh, Gio. http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/sto...-announces-retirement-on-twitter?ncid=webmail Shaq's retiring. :yeahboi:

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Metroid you should come with us to Genesis, they're having a pokemon puzzle league side tournament lol

Arty

Smash Lord
We can't do it on the 18th because Sveet is hosting a Melee SG at the same venue on that date. I really want to host one on the 18th though bc it'll be Drew's last tourney + WI can't make the 25th.

I'll look into hosting one at my school today and I'll get back to you guys.

Top Bottom