• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
harder cuz of defense? No way. That was one of the reasons I liked Pippen was for the ridiculous amount of charges he stepped up and took causing a bunch of back problems later on in his career with the bulls. I can't think of a team outside of the bulls/celtics that were known for great defense throughout the whole season. Jordan was 1st team all NBA Defense for like 9 years or something stupid. Gary Payton, Hakeem Olajuwon, David Robinson, Mookie Blaylock, Joe Dumars, Dikembe Mutombo.

We're going to compare them to Dwight Howard, Kobe, and Rondo? really?

I might say that the league is harder now due to the # of competitive teams, but I don't even know if that is true. Jordan's team could be in a whole other tier and there were a lot of good teams back then too. Seattle- Kemp, Payton, Scrempf, Utah- Stockton, Malone, Hornacek, etc, Houston-Olajuwon, Drexler, Horry. Knicks, Pacers, and Suns had rather good teams as well.

@ arms- I would confidently say that Lebron is a better shot blocker than Jordan. As far as steals and just shutting the opponent the down, I would give the edge to Jordan along with every other aspect of basketball. When it comes to offensively playing the post, Jordan wins by a long shot. Seems to have a lot more finesse to me as well, where as Lebron might be able to drive to the basket harder.

Arty

Smash Lord
Rob, Jordan is not better than Lebron in every aspect of basketball besides shot blocking lol. Lebron's a much better rebounder. And also a much better passer (probably the best passing forward in NBA history). Scoring is comparable too, and Lebron is developing that jump shot each year.

Pippen's comments were dumb, but once Lebron wins 3 or more rings, which is very possible with the Heat, that argument could definitely be made.

clowsui

Smash Legend
IL brawl power rankings:
1. kain
2。 count
3-who cares. scrubs

:reverse:

y'all bad. MWE rapes

clowsui

Smash Legend
Well you see Arty I think 96 is better than 1. With 96 dollars I could buy myself a better phone, get to places on time or maybe even get myself a special little clip for my belt that stores money!

On the other hand, 1 dollar gets me something cheap at McDonald's. But I think you're already hurt with the amount of logic I just laid on you, so let me refer to your ways as "frugal" instead.

(sun)

Also yeah, Infern did 3 stock Arty! Don't forget it (sun)

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Arty also 3 stocked Infern.

Also, Arty would be a lot less of a joke with a money clip, but buying the clip would leave him feeling extra jewish so even if he had more than 1$, he would act like it's all he had and get something cheap from McDonald's. The kicker is that whatever he gets would be completely plain because he can't handle flavor.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Arty story time!!

I remember when I used to eat Subway. It was at Racine, WI for MAS. Arty comes up next to me and starts eating.

Arty: "S'up, Sothe! So what did you get?"
Me: "Chicken and Bacon Ranch. Why do you ask?"
Arty: "Wait, what? I thought from how you are, you'd just get a plain ham sandwich!"
Me: "...Huh? What did you get then?"
-Scythe walks up-
Scythe: "Knowing Arty, a plain ham sandwich."
-I check the sandwich-
Me: "What the-!? And YOU say I'm plain!?"
Arty: "Shut up! I like plain ham sandwiches!"

Another time with Arty. This time at a Chipotle with DLA and I.
-Arty eyeballs the salsa-
Arty: "That thing looks f---ing gross."
-DLA and I look at each other dumbfounded-
DLA: "What? It's medium salsa!"
Arty: "It looks gross. I dunno how you can eat that."
Me: "Because it's good...?"
Arty: "It looks like someone puked it up, ate it, then puked it up again."
Me: "Just try it! It's good!"
Arty: "No! Hell no!"
-Bickering goes on for 10 or so minutes-
DLA: "Just try!"
Arty: "FINE!"
-Arty picks up a chip, barely sticks a millimeter of it in the salsa. It only has a bit of juice on it. Arty bites into a good amount of the chip, gags, and spits it out into a napkin-
Arty: "I told you it was f---ing gross!"
Me: "You didn't even have any of the salsa on it, moron!"
Arty: "Shut up!"

At Don't Blink in Nickel City. Didn't have Arty around but it was about Arty.
Raid: "Arthur has what's called the 'Arty Complex'. Whenever you stare at him, he gets super creeped out. Keep staring and he spazzes out. And also, whenever you try to tell him directions, he will laugh uncontrollably."
Me: "Why?"
Raid: "I have no idea, man. When Arty goes to his eye doctor for new glasses, he always ends up laughing at his doctor for giving him instructions on his new pair of glasses."
Me: "You're kidding, right...? How does he pull that off?"
Quik: "The eye doctor is f---ing hilarious!"

Oh Arty...

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Arty told me he got a money clip off Amazon. He still had his wallet with him yesterday, though. What a scrub!

I read Sothe's entire post in Arty's voice. God damn.

Arty

Smash Lord
Also I'm seein Hangover 2 today! Hangover 1 was like the best comedy ever, but all my friends + critics are bashing the second one big time :c

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Serious business

Would anyone want to shoot for the 18th for the next DBDC? Corms is leaving on the 19th and he is never coming back because Jersey is a terrible place. He said he would like 1 final IL smash tourney. I am fine with it but we should decide now. This is mainly at Arty, but yea I guess input from everyone is good.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Hey, I'm proud to say Lain never 3 stocked me in tournament. I will stand proud of that fact. Stood a chance of winning if I didn't SD from carelessness and give up hope afterwards.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
So guys. Who wants to go to Genesis 2?

I can say that I am about 80% going regardless of who else is going. Arty you said something about Brandon getting us cheap plane tickets right? Not only that, but the hotel it's at is cheap too. $70 a night for a room. And the hotel doesn't give a **** what we do lol. It's gonna be amaaazing.

So yeah I want to start planning now--the date is July 15th-18th. Who's interested thus far?

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I want to go. Arty's offer made me want to. I talked to Brandon about it yesterday, and he told me he gets free flights, but it's if someone gives up their spot on the plane, whatever that's called.

He also said Arty throws around Brandon's dad's connections more than he does. xD

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
he told me he gets free flights, but it's if someone gives up their spot on the plane, whatever that's called.
it's called beating the **** out of some random passengers until they give us their spot on the plane

Zwarm

Smash Hero
He didn't tell me that directly, but he kinda implyed it.

Imo, I wouldn't base our plans on the slim chance that we can get free plane tickets, because it probably won't happen. Even if he can get a few, it wouldn't be enough for all of us.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
So guys. Who wants to go to Genesis 2?

I can say that I am about 80% going regardless of who else is going. Arty you said something about Brandon getting us cheap plane tickets right? Not only that, but the hotel it's at is cheap too. $70 a night for a room. And the hotel doesn't give a **** what we do lol. It's gonna be amaaazing.

So yeah I want to start planning now--the date is July 15th-18th. Who's interested thus far?
I am depending on the price for sure

Top Bottom