• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Falco Critique Thread

Sph34r

Smash Journeyman
Alright, here' just a few things.

Work on your lasers first of all. You seem to like to do backflip laser a lot (or maybe it's just that you like to do SHAD), but not SHDL.

NEVER use a "b" move when you still have the initial momentum from hitstun in you, especially not phantasm. This is most evident in the Battlefield match near the beginning. Go back and see how you suddenly "warp" backwards when you used phantasm, and were easily punished for it as a result.

Jab to grab is great and all, but you were spamming it which is why it stopped working after a while.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Haven't done these in awhile. btw, Your friend seemed really into the games. >.>

Like Sph34r said, jab-to-grab is extremely useful, but it's not a true combo, its technically/basically a mindgame. I saw you use this more then anything else in the matches. I'd suggest going for the whole Jab combo, racks up and its quick. Mix it up though, don't use it consistently or else if you were playing someone who knew when to shield, and when to spot-dodge, you'd get wrapped.

Recovering/Firebird as an offense move? Your recovering game, which is basically phantasm/firebird is really predictable. Like with jab, I'll say it again, mix it up. Phantasm on stage, close to where your opponent is, isn't one of the greatest ideas, dur. Just use ledge-options, or ledge-hop to laser. Firebird shouldn't be used as an offensive move either, the Sonic had chances to punish, dunno how he missed them.

A quick reminder though, don't abuse phantasm on Delfino and Halberd. If you try to ledge-hop phantasm, normally you'd fly through the center, and fal down.

Your laser game needs work. You used SHDL maybe at least 20 times outta all 4 matches. ABUSE lasers. Your chances of getting hit with SHDL is almost the same as SHL, but SHDL stops Sonic from doing any jumping techs, or whatever they do, I dunno much 'bout this matchup. Short hops are good, but Sonic can wreck these quite easily imo. I love throwing out random lasers with full hops, some don't usually see it coming.

Your use of aerials was good, but usually you would short hop a laser, and try for a d-air when they are approaching. MIX IT UP. If you can, and you see a shield coming when their approaching, try to get the D-air, but land behind them, less risk of getting hit.

Summary of above:

-Mix up your game. Your to predictable.
-Lasers, add SHDL to your game.
-Different recovery/get-up options.

Other then that, solid Falco.

frayike

Smash Cadet
Thanx, this is great stuff! I realize I don't have a good falco. Your advice is clear and to the point. So I do need to mix it up. ALOT! Yeah and dair alot into a shield grab. I need to stop that. Um I only did Firebird cuz I didn't think he would expect it! I difinetly need to work on my shdl. I can't do it 100% of the time. Thank you I'm sure if I really take this advice I'll get loads better. I'll send more vids in like a month of more than just my friend.( I hope) Thank you if anyone else has some more advice your more than welcome.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
The start up lag for Firebird is way to noticable, but eh, if you like it, use it. Just don't expect it to work against intelligent players. :)

And no prob, good luck with your Falco bruh.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
lulz, Since it was one match, I'll try to critique as much as I can. Not sure if it all will be right, since you mighth play differently in other matches.

Against Snake, well, being a Snake main as well, I know that matchup like the back of my hand, ask Crystal. :pimp:

Jabbing is good in this matchup, but a Snake can DI and break out of it with a nade easily if he knows what he's doing. F-tilt/Aerials are really good if one is trying to approach, even though his F-tilt will probaly still be in range cause of his mad brokenessss. But don't use it just as a quick move to rack up damage with, you have to play patiently against him. Jab to grab is good here to, which you didn't abuse, but it looked like you kept trying to go for it.

Lasers was going pretty well in this matchup. Don't always short hop backwards for a laser though, the Snake could pressure you off stage, then gimp you, or mindgame you back on to the stage ready to eat a forward smash. Approaching and retreating SHL's are good. Your use of SHDL was great.

Phantasm/Recovering, gotta mix it up some. I saw you mixed it up with a firebird, good stuff, but with phantasm, don't always try to get back onto the stage with it. I saw you do it repeatedly, as in, you waited for a nade to blow or up, or him blow up a c4/shield and you'd try to recover with it, even though you phantasmed to the spot he was standing in. LEDGE OPTIONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Good use of IAP, but don't get predictable with it, he saw it coming after he approached, then rolled back.

Abuse reflector in this matchup. It basically ***** Snake. Spacing and reflecting projectiles. Against un-cooked nades, if you have a chance, throw it back, you don't always have to reflect it. Watch for cooked ones though, just shield if you see it coming.

Also, you love spot-dodging it seems. Shielding works much better in this matchup. You seemed cautious of gettig hit by an F-tilt, if you see it coming, Shield the first hit, and spot-dodge the second, but don't try to spam it.

When a Snake approaches you, never roll behind him unless you mix it up/doesn't see it coming. The Snake had many chances to get you with a fsmash or tilt, but looks like he didn't see the pattern. You did well using IAP and D-air to try and change it up a lil' though, just work on it.

Need some more mindgames, you have a solid Falco, but your ways of killing were pretty predictable besides the SHDL to Boost Smash. Good use :)

Last, Falco can powershield/shield Snake's last hit of his jab. He does 3 in total, and Falco is one of the few who can actually do it. Really useful if a Snake loves abusig it.

Summary:
-Rather then Phantasm, use Ledge Options
-Space more with F-tilt/Reflector
-Abuse Reflector for an approaching Snake/Projectile campy
-Spot dodge less, Shield more
-Be less predictable
-Mindgamesss

Hope it helps.

erick gm14

Smash Ace
thnx kuro! umm idk what a cooked granade is >_>.. im pretty inexperienced in this matchup.. ill get more vids up after august 8th at Inui's tourny..

yea that helps a lot! idk why i rolled a lot in this match i just noticed.. i dnt roll that much, im afraid of that ftilt range >_>; also when i sideb'd onto the stage and shielded his fsmash, would it have been better to spot dodge that fsmash or kept the shield? i was thinking spot dodge for a split second lolz and punish but that was too risky lol

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
A cooked nade is basically, a nade that will explode instantly when it gets to you.

People would usually hold a nade out, wait about a few seconds, and then throw it. If you tried to reflect it, you would still get damaged. What YEHS was doing was just throwing out uncooked nades, which you were able to reflect.

The term for stalling with nades, and timing it to explode when it gets to you is cooking nades. And shield it, they could mindgame you by charging it, and waiting for you to spot-dodge then let it go. It'll have knockback, but F-tilt/reflector should be able to hit right after that.

erick gm14

Smash Ace
Finally a got a tourney Falco match of me.

SCS: M@v(Falco) vs .com(Olimar)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1urjDl6zJRM

This is match 2, match 1 wasn't recorded. I lost and I cpd FD. I'm pretty sure this was my first time doing Falco vs olimar offline... Oh well.
there's not many olimars in NJ.. probably black waltz and one other. i don't have much olimar experience but i do know that you definitely DON NOT do SH aerials and land in front or behind olimar because this leaves u open for a shield grab and or down smash.. dont phantasm while ur on the ground either, your vulnerable for a sec and olimar can grab u and juggle. IAP and try not to phantasm onto the stage from a recovery.. never do grounded lasers, no matter how fast they are its not worth the ending lag. Jab more and im guessing reflect a bit more in this MU.. thats all i got.. hope it helps

erick gm14

Smash Ace
well u know, u had a few ground side b's in theres.. yea u IAP's more that ur regular side b so thats good lol.. good falco though. i dunno about the MU w olimar so if u get more vids up that'd be swell..

M@v

Subarashii!
He wound up winning the tourney. .com is a dam good olimar. Its always a tough fight when I face him.

Avion

Smash Apprentice
Hello, fellow Falcos! Denzi suggested I post videos of myself, and I know very well that I could use some serious constructive criticism. Here's the link to a playlist with all known uploaded matches of me (it's only five).

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=0B287C947D33FC7B

Also, please don't mention banning FD vs. Diddy Kong; I've since learned. Anyway, thank you in advance for all critiques I receive! Any and all help is appreciated.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
M@v

More vids please. xD

Anyways, I don't know the Oli matchup to well. Here's my critique still.

You mixed your game up, good ****. You used different attacks, different approaches, and mixed your game up as you went along.

Grounded lasers are good. But if your in range that they have enough time to grab you, I suggest sticking with SHL. Use more SHDL as well, Olimars like jumping while their throwing pikmin, SHDL will wrap them if you see a pattern for it. Abuse it, please, just not when they are at close range.

Phantasming was good. Your use of IAP was good, but not smart. The Oli camped you, and waited for you to approach, which you usually did, and IAPed right into him, which in some parts he could've punished but didn't. Use it if your in tight spots, or if you think you can make it without getting hit by a grab/smash. Use it wisely/smartly. Your recoveries were good, as well as your ledge-options.

Less predictable with rolling, you'd always go into him which he usually pivot grabbed you. If you want to roll, try away from him, or just jump. Mindgames where's it at in the air bruh.

Jab Jab Jab. This ***** them, as well as their Pikmin. If an Oli is close, and throwing pikmin at you, the ending lag of reflector from using a grounded one isn't that smart, Jabbin is quicker, and you more reliable to punish/get away before they can get you. It's also good for CQC, abuse it.

Good use of Reflector, but less when their up close. Grounded reflectors =/= good though. Less please.

Moves for zoning, will **** you. Throwing out random B-airs or D-airs will get you grabbed either way. If you try to, at least try to get behind the Olimar, but if they see a pattern, gonna get f-smashed. Don't rush attacks, wait for openings and go, otherwise you'll get punished way to easily.

That's all I got.

Summary:
-Abuse SHDL
-Less grounded reflectors
-Get away from, don't go into Olimar
-Jumping instead of Rolling
-Space IAP

---

Avion

Hmm. Your Falco is really predictable. You had the same pattern of how you attacked, used lasers/phantasm, and approaches.

This is basically how it went down yo.

-Approach
-You miss, roll/spotdodge
-Try to punish with a down-smash
-They knock you off stage
-Phantasm recovery
-Punished/Stock lost
-Repeat

CAMP. Against a Diddy and Metaknight, lasers should be one of your main moves used here. It stops aerials approaches and some ground approaches if your 2nd/single laser connects. Abuse SHDL/SHL, which you even rarely used, I gurantee you use more grounded lasers then the others. This is the reason Falco is high in the Tiers, without it, CG is all we would have, and you can tech it now. Mix it up all the time, do not use same patterns. Add camping to your gameplay, seriously. Grounded lasers will get you punished, please do not use them. Laser locking is something you shouldn't expect to get, which you seemed like you tried to do. Metaknight and Diddy's are almost always moving, and with the lag from grounded ones, you'll get punished easily.

Attacks, err, do not randomly throw them out. Fsmash has way to much lag, and should only be mindgamed into it, or if you can read the opponent well. You had a few good reads going on, but you randomly threw these out and got punished for it. Falco's moves become stale, so even if you can get a hit, the way you used it, it might not get the kill. Don't use Fsmash at low percents, please. What's it gonna do? If you hit them, they'll still have time to punish you. If you want something to use more often, try Usmash, which you rarely used any of, it's probaly Falco's best Smash attack. You got way to predictable, ecspecially with your Dsmash. Here's what you did, after your Fmash missed, you'd spot-dodge one of their attacks and tried to counter with a Dsmash. Not gonna lie, but you did it every single time you came into that position. MINDGAME IT, don't abuse it. Mix it up, and use your smashes wisely. Jabbing is great in these matchups, use it.

IAP/Phantasm. You did a good job with IAPing, but your recoveries, horrible. 3/4 of the time you got knocked off the stage, you'd recover with a phantasm, even if the enemy was waiting for you there. MIX IT UP. Firebird recoveries work as well getting to the stage if your opponent is expecting a phantasm. And your ledge options, all I saw you do was phantasm from the ledge, get up, and laser. Try different options, and don't repeat the same thing over and over, use different ones each time, or use it wisely depending in the situation your at, or where the player is positioned.

Spaaccingggggggg. Try to space. Good moves to use for it are F-tilt and Reflector. You'd go head on, without thinking, getting *****. You threw out moves that had killing potential, but they reacted quick enough to punish, which you could've evaded had you spaced correctly. Spacing with Falco is something you should always try to do, other wise attacks that shouldn't have hit you, will, and that can lead to gimps, edgeguarding, pure wreckage.

Laser locking, mayneeeeeee. Do not expect to get this at all during competitive play. Just a few notes which I'm pretty sure you know - You cannot laserlock out of:
-Trips
-Rolls
-Techs

But you can out of:

-Missed techs

Which is basically it. After a smash connected, and they were out of attacking range, you'd try to go for one. Grounded lasers against these characters, hell naw.

Mindgames. This is one of the major parts of Falco, which is getting the kill. You didn't have any mindgames going on at all, just a few good reads. Simply jabbing, walking away is a mindgame itself. One Falco's love to abuse is short hop air-dodge. If your spaced correctly, you can't get punished from it. Empty short hops work well here to. They might expect an aerial or laser, but end up getting grabbed. Jumping around, using platforms is useful as well. Change up your rolls, you got way to predictable with them as well. Falco and the air are made for each other, use it more if your in tight situations.

Jungle Japes. ABUSE PHANTASM AND LASERS. This stage is Falco's best stage imo, from CG-Spiking, to camping and IAPing. Camping's the way to win. If you can get a bombsoldier, go for it, but don't expect it to kill characters early like Meta. Learn to use this stage effectively.

Summary:
-Camping yesssssss pleaseeeeeee
-Less approaching
-SHDL/SHL Lasers Lasers Lasers
-Mindgames
-Less predictability
-Different recovery options
-Jabbing into game
-Learn Jungle Japes
-Don't expect laser locks

Don't take any of my words offensively/harshly. I tried my best though, hope it helps. :)

Avion

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Kuro! I don't take them offensively/harshly; if anything I'm angry at myself for being so bad at the tourney.

<johns> Unfortunately some of my worst matches are the only ones that are uploaded due to my lack of capture card (which isn't to say I'm normally an amazing player, but at least it isn't embarrassingly bad). So maybe I can get some better ones up soon:laugh: <more specific johns> When I play Denzi, random grounded lasers after high-knockback moves often hit him and throw him off. So I'm not going for a laser lock, I'm just being an idiot in thinking everyone will react as Denzi often does. Still, it's bad and I know I should stop it. Denzi mentioned the less approaching (not sure why I did that). Recovery mix-ups have always been a problem for me. I now more often do ledgedrop attacks, get up rolls, and walljump attacks but it still definitely needs work. As for the downsmash/spot dodge spam, I honestly have no idea. Even watching the video the next day I have no idea what was going through my head:dizzy: Just trust me in saying that isn't the norm (as if that means anything to you:laugh:)</johns>

Anyway, thank you for all the effort you put into your post!:) I do appreciate the help and like I said, maybe in the future I can get some vids of me not sucking/taking this advice to heart.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
You weren't bad, you have a solid Falco. It's just you repeat most of the same stuff over, if you mixed it up, added mindgames, camping and different recoveries, you could get some pretty good placings.

But all the Falco's I've critiqued so far, could do this as well hehe. If you want to try to gimp with grounded lasers, at least try 1 or 2, if it misses, try something else.

And it was prob' reaction. I used to do dsmashes, constantly. It's just watching where you did it in vids/matches, and if you see yourself coming in the same situation, mix it up with jumping, rolling, or a different attack, hopefully one for spacing.

You didn't suck though. You just have flaws, like everyone else. :)

shadowlink3

Smash Journeyman
Rate/Hate/Help My Falco

Alright, for those who don't really know me... I am Sean, the MK guy from Norcal and such.

This past weekend there was a MK banned tourney with a good amount of attandace, so sense I still wanted to play, I obviously can't play my MK, so I gave my Falco/Snake a chance to see how well I would do.

I only got 1 set recorded, Its with the guy who won the tourney, this is in winner's bracket:

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7Uv8Ea4_Hw&feature=channel_page
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIr5Mjp3Xs8&feature=channel_page
3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEpV69GcyBQ&feature=channel_page

Basically, I just would like some tips, what not what to do and all that...

I know I F-aired like a few times, those are mess up's on the c stick. Sorry bout that, that I know. =) (Although, I think 1 of them I meant to do cause I wanted to follow up and he was too far out)

But yea, any tips and such are greatly appreciated.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Your pretty good. Like really good.

Just be careful with Dair and Dash attack, they aren't safe on Block. Everything else you just have to improve like everyone else.

(Also there is a critique thread for this kind of stuff)

Notra

Smash Ace
yeah ur falco is pretty sweet. One prob was ur shdl. Most of them were too high. Theyd nvr touch an mk or pikachu. And second keep in mind that snakes w/ alot of experience vs falcos will knock u out of phantasm alot. w/ bair, uptilt, dtilt, nades, nikita, uair, and even jab(he can just hold a and knock u out. Ur falco is pretty good though, when did u start? and to avoid snkae knowing u out of phantasm, use some Phantasm cancels, u can get some mind game hit off on him that way. COME TO THE BOARDS MORE :)

shadowlink3

Smash Journeyman
Lol thanks Notra, I always like semi played falco a lot sense the start, but never put too much time into him unlike my MK. I just play it on my non-competitive friends and such.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Mhm.

First game:
I think you used ground lasers well, you could use a few more if he pulls a nade, as it causes it to explode as soon as it leaves his hand, forcing a shield. Shields don't last forever.

You can work on weaving in some more kills too, as you seem to have problems like preferring damage racking over a kill even on kill percentages.
I also notice you like to phantasm on stage, almost never is this the best option. (how many falco's have I told this to already...)

Also your aerial game is kinda based around nair, but nair often leads into more nair. You should mix it up abit, nair > jab > grab, or just do a bair and return to camping. You don't have to hit them with nair if your goal is to keep him in camp zone.

Second game:
Lol Erow played total balls here, good job showing who is boss =)

Third game:
First thing I noticed is that you didn't do the running chaingrab in the start which would allow you to avoid the nade and lead to a 0-death. Bugger.
Nothing special here.

Overall:
Less fsmash, less rolling. Really.
You kinda play like me of a month or 2 ago, aka needs alotta work.

shadowlink3

Smash Journeyman
I only rolled after jabs i noticed, cause I know his habit, after i finished my jabs, he would try and f tilt me so i would roll back, to prevent that, he never caught on.

Denzi

Smash Master
First thing I noticed is that you didn't do the running chaingrab in the start which would allow you to avoid the nade and lead to a 0-death. Bugger.
I'm pretty sure you can avoid the nade with the walking CG too, the timing is just more strict.

As the others have said, you're pretty good for a Falco we didn't know existed. You need to work on your SHDLs and laser/aerial placement in general, as you threw out the "wrong" moves so to speak and ended up missing a lot of opportunities. Basically what you need is experience.

It'd also help you to:
Gatling, IAP, and boost smash. Knowing the platform infinate would help you out as well.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I'm pretty sure you can avoid the nade with the walking CG too, the timing is just more strict.

The snake had a nade already on the stage, using running would prolong the distance traveled thus avoiding the dthrow lasers from detonating the nade.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Looks like err' one got it covered for you. If you need more help, just post in the Critique thread, that's where I do all of them.

;)

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
You are really good, just remember to back off when you are hit. Sometimes you DI back in to hit the opponent. Other than that, I didn't Spain was so good!

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
One thing that really bothers me that I see in a lot of Falcos do is that little run->jump backward (flip) -> laser, which is fine when you're coming up to approach them(which shouldn't really happen anyway) and right when they thing you're gonna hit them you jump backward then laser, but when you are in such a close range to the marth like you were, it's purpose is really defeated. Now, not only are you not messing with their head since you are so close, but you actually put yourself closer to him, and, with marth especially, this is not a good thing. Learn how to retreat when you lasers, this way you accomplish the same goal while not putting yourself at jeopardy.

Another thing, which doesn't REALLY matter but just something I notice cause I'm picky >.> Don't forget that Falco has a very nice RJC Up Smash. At 2:58 you had the PERFECT opportunity to use it. If he hadn't dodged, one of a few things could have happened:
1) he DIs out hoping to not get hit by your Usmash when he infact gets hit by the wrap around horizontally hitting part of falcos feet, possibly semispiking him, edgehog->success
2) He DIs in for the same reason but gets hit by the meat of the Usmash, read DI-> success.

I only watched the first video, but I hope the other falcos agree with me =]

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Thanks bleachigo, I need to get out of those combos x_X

@thexsunrosered: I feel that trick with the flip combined with good ftilt spacing it's pretty good if not overused, I should have stopped earlier though xD. sorry for my ignorance, what's an RCJ Up smash? I prolly now what is it but with another name xD

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
Thanks bleachigo, I need to get out of those combos x_X

@thexsunrosered: I feel that trick with the flip combined with good ftilt spacing it's pretty good if not overused, I should have stopped earlier though xD. sorry for my ignorance, what's an RCJ Up smash? I prolly now what is it but with another name xD
reverse jump canceled up smash, you just run-> slam the control stick in the opposite direction->(jump)->slide the control stick up-> attack button. The reason I put jump in parentheses is because if you have tap jump off you have to manually input jump, then upsmash, while if its on the jump is already input for you.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
ah, I know how to do that, just didn't know the abreviation xD.

I never use that with Falco but I'll start trying it now :p

Oreos

Smash Apprentice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqLNq1RH8IQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBLyTVtpnBc&feature=channel

[urk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuWDbma3mfY[/url]- i think we've all done this once in awhile epic finale

One more to go, i think these are really entertaining matches against my friend Matt a PT main I have little exp against this MU my lasers were a little sloppy i was mostly just throwing them out there for pressure not really to hit. These vids are online if you can't figure that out by fae killing himself on purpose to record for us. The lagg in the first two matches was a pain especially by messing up my last cg on squirtle when i could of done one more.... ehh you'll see what I'm talking about and it'll make you cringe just as much as it did me.

Please rate my vids :3 i gives you cookie

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
KiD

Not much I can say. You played the matchup correctly, I guess it was just your controller :laugh: or that Shadow knows the matchup.

Just watch your phantasms, don't get predictable with running off ledge to phantasm, you used it alot when you were getting pressured/being approached. As for recovering, it was good, but the MK didn't see the pattern, as he could have just waited for you, baiting you out, then punishing as you never tried for the ledge itself.

Hm, moar lasers. You tried to get the grab at low percents, don't always rely on it. You did a good job on everything else, good stuff!

Marcbri

You did well, your Falco playstyle is plain, but good, just like Ozz hehe. Mr. R looked like he had the matchup down though.

Lasers, good use, just don't SHDL close to him, you got punished so many times. Try just single lasers up close, and a mix mid-far away. Also, don't go for a grab after every up close shl/shdl. You tried to do that at low-mid percents, and messed it up almost every single time. Grabs against Marth, pretty useless imo, since he breaks out of CG quick, and if they know the usual D-throw to Dair, they'll dodge it. Lasers **** all Marth's approaches though, use it, alot. RETREATING and APPROACHING. Please, I only saw you'd stand in place when you use them, you honestly need to implement retreating lasers into your game, it works really well, and spaces you from different attacks you see coming.

When getting the grab, rather then trying to get a techchase or regrab going after a dair, just upsmash/boostsmash depending on distance. Works wonders against Marth.

Phantasms, good use. I like to use alot of these when I'm getting pressured, but well spaced/timed fairs, nairs and jab will **** it. Watch how you use it, and watch how you recover. Your recoveries were good, Ramin read you pretty well though.

Shield all hits of Dancing Blade. IIRC, you can shield grab after the second hit of it, but it's kinda' hard. If not, don't try to spot-dodge as Marth's love wrecking them. They will spam dancing blade against Falco as many times as they can, even if you shield it, they will pressure you, as they can rack damage quick and/or juggle as a follow up.

Don't try to spike Marth, edgeguarding him will get you *****. One thing though, that most users don't even tend to use, is that almost every single character's bair ***** Marth's Dolphin Slash recovery, including Falco's. When they are approaching low, you know they'll DS as its the only vertical recovery, run off-stage bair, it will stage spike. Easy right? It helps so well with this matchup, and with Snake as well heh. Try it if you don't belive me.

---

Oreos, I'll get to yours later. So much lag in those matches, and the last link doesn't work. I honestly don't want to watch 9 minute matches, so I'll skip around whenever I feel like doing it lol.

Oreos

Smash Apprentice
kuro its 9 min matches for 2 matches <__< and first 2 are laggy the second link should be good with no lagg and our final set is being uploaded :S

Top Bottom