• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Falco Critique Thread

Cross.

Smash Ace
You seem to play a slow game, but nonetheless I saw nothing wrong with your play style. The only thing I think you should work on is SHDL. I didn't see you use them very often.
Meh thanks lol. i was mostly trying to make sure I could capitalize on all mistakes. I really want to play fast and flashy though xD. Some more vids are going up, around 4 more where I play different and get my *** kicked lol. SHDL...yeah I didn't really get much of a chane to use them

Jon?

Smash Champion
I wish I had videos of myself.

All I have is a old Ness Vid...
I know how you feel. I don't have any videos of myself in 1v1s. I have some in teams, but my Falco is really bad in teams, lol. Whenever I play with my friends on a record-ready TV, they wouldn't let me save a really good game of me if they got 3 or 2 stocked.

Hopefully, I can get some videos of my Falco up soon later this week!

Edit*@GracefulAssassin: the only thing flashy I know is reverse boost pivots during a CG or a reverse boost pivots followed after a SHL. I recently went to a really tournament at an anime convention, where there were a lot of scrubs, and I managed to CG someone with boost pivot grabs on a Battlefield platform. Everyone was screaming! LOL, fun stuff if you can pull that stuff off at a big tourny.

Zesty_Chicken

Smash Cadet
I'll agree with Jon here, you did need some work with SHDLs. It also looked like you approaches were weak, try lazer-->DACUS, lazer-->RBPG, lazer-->lazer, DACUS, etc....

Lazer-->DACUS or RBPG are both kinda flashy. If you wanna play flashy, copy SK92's Battlefield playstyle. Lazer off of platform-->RBPG-->CG is too good. Basically, lazer off of the lower platforms into anything looks flashy.

BTW, the Pit costume looked bad***

Cross.

Smash Ace
I'll agree with Jon here, you did need some work with SHDLs. It also looked like you approaches were weak, try lazer-->DACUS, lazer-->RBPG, lazer-->lazer, DACUS, etc....

Lazer-->DACUS or RBPG are both kinda flashy. If you wanna play flashy, copy SK92's Battlefield playstyle. Lazer off of platform-->RBPG-->CG is too good. Basically, lazer off of the lower platforms into anything looks flashy.

BTW, the Pit costume looked bad***
Thanks for the advice. None of that stuff is guaranteed though. Also, approach with lazer->Dacus? wouldnt it be better to save your upsmash for killing? And all the platform stuff doesnt work on that pit player anymore. I would run of the platform and laser->Bpg before until he just started running of it and fairing me :laugh: But yeah Ill work on shdl.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
I'm going to tourney play in about a week and I think I have a good chance of winning the tournament. I just need to make sure I know some if not all of my bad habits here so I will know what to do more or less. I know a few of them already one of them being that I was spot dodging too much, but I want to know if there were anymore that I'm missing and if you see anything I could do more of that helps too.

me vs. m2k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntMr8iaPKp4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UXYAY01Yz4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDtngQ_C2vI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bYwrcrqVN8&feature=related

me vs. tyrant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0XDRSIpfVw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYeKfn2SMPg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKAMdhcHf78

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I posted this in the backroom but ill post here too
if you grab metaknight and they jump release, you get a free boost upsmash. I've done it many times . you have to do the full distance boost upsmash.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I posted this in the backroom but ill post here too
if you grab metaknight and they jump release, you get a free boost upsmash. I've done it many times . you have to do the full distance boost upsmash.
Yes but you can't force it so it's unlikely to happen.

Awesome matches DEHF, maybe you should shoot more lasers when the opponent is still far, and especially if they are recovering, I think you can get more damage there.

for the killing part maybe a full smash boost could have helped, though you still managed to kill soon in almost all the stocks.

I hope you win tourney play =D

GMo

Smash Apprentice
Where have you been? Haven't heard much from you in awhile.

EDIT: Directed to SK.

Jon?

Smash Champion
@Bloodcross: You seem to do a lot of Jab-cancels to jump. Is there a reason for this? I am curious because I don't see this set up very often.

@Emperor Time: I love Nair against Olimar. It gets Pikmin off of yourself, it kills Pikmin in midair, and it's a great approach.

Jon?

Smash Champion
@Metaike: Too much upsmash and not enough lasers. You also didn't use a lot of Falco's moves.

It looked like the lag on wifi was messing you up. If you put up offline matches, you could get better critiques.

metaike

Smash Cadet
@Metaike: Too much upsmash and not enough lasers. You also didn't use a lot of Falco's moves.

It looked like the lag on wifi was messing you up. If you put up offline matches, you could get better critiques.
yeah it was thanks and yes wi fi sucks :)

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It may be wifi, but there are still habits to pick up on.

Moar lasers.
Less Usmash.
Moar aerials, especially Bair.

OMG you roll more than me! o__o
Yeah, try not to roll so much, it's seldom necessary. I mean, yeah Falco's roll is pretty amazing, but it's really a better idea to go for something else.

Also, you should do the walking CG so there's no chance of tripping.

Practice practice young master!

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
At 1:44 of the first movie, every fiber of my body was screaming for a SHDL Lock, DEHF.

Not that it would've made much of a difference lol.

metaike

Smash Cadet
It may be wifi, but there are still habits to pick up on.

Moar lasers.
Less Usmash.
Moar aerials, especially Bair.

OMG you roll more than me! o__o
Yeah, try not to roll so much, it's seldom necessary. I mean, yeah Falco's roll is pretty amazing, but it's really a better idea to go for something else.

Also, you should do the walking CG so there's no chance of tripping.

Practice practice young master!
I lol'd thanks

thanks, I'm not playing wifi anymore so yeah offline matches is a possibility :D

Denzi

Smash Master
At 1:44 of the first movie, every fiber of my body was screaming for a SHDL Lock, DEHF.

Not that it would've made much of a difference lol.

That would've been awesome.

I have a friend who pulled it off during some pre-tourney friendlies vs a Diddy player. Didn't get up to kill %s, but he managed somewhere close to 12 lasers and the Usmash, which isn't bad at all.

BleachigoZX almost managed the platform laser lock on me earlier today. I was scared to death I would get caught in it, but I think it surprised him too much to continue, plus it was wifi.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
For now, I only got WiFi matches, sorry.

Planning on going to Ozzfest this weekend with Xyro, hopefully some matches will get recorded.

Yeahh, lag effed us over way to much <_<.

vs. Evil E. [Snake] 1

vs. Evil E. [Snake] 2

vs. Blast [Snake] 1

Outta' all these players, we go pretty even. So don't think they suck just from the matches. Don't think I suck cause of all the ******** mistakes I made. I can clearly point them out as well, but, if you have any advice and all that, go ahead and say.

It's not my best games of laser usage, but I know when to camp when I need to, and when to laser if I should. :)

The only player you think should suck is King Zarthius of AiB : ) Nahh, he's actually pretty good, and his Falco is pure **** but he's the biggest johner ever lol. He can be cool when he wants. Heres a vid of me ****** his Metaknight though ^^.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-kZH2s_6Pw

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
BleachigoZX almost managed the platform laser lock on me earlier today. I was scared to death I would get caught in it, but I think it surprised him too much to continue, plus it was wifi.
Yeah I remember.
I was like "holycrap I gotta get it" Then I messed up my laser timing. I also remember laser locking you at the edge after a Firebird.
/lagjohns

Edit:
If I were to give someone videos would they mind uploadinng them for me on youtube?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Ask Vlade nicely, he's able to record replays.

I'm sure he'd do so for a Falco Boarder, but don't expect ultra fast progress with the time difference and stuff.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Ask YoshQ on these forums. He's the one who uploaded my replays, and he gets it done pretty quick. Gave him the replays yesterday, got them this morning.

And thanks for the critiques. . >_>;

And thanks for the critiques. . >_>;
You and me seem to go even in our matches. Anything people tell you can help me xD

Ask Vlade nicely, he's able to record replays.

I'm sure he'd do so for a Falco Boarder, but don't expect ultra fast progress with the time difference and stuff.
*nod, nod* This is a very true statement. I asked Vlade to do some stuff for me awhile back (he was the one that said he could do it for me in the first place). A few months later, still nothing xD I haven't even been able to get him to load my FC code so I can sent replays. At least I got him to upload my Wii Code. It's a start xD

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Yee, we kinda' play differently though haa.

Whatever works. We should have a specific Falco member to record our replays. Only with us as Falco that is.

Vlade

Social Outcast
You and me seem to go even in our matches. Anything people tell you can help me xD

*nod, nod* This is a very true statement. I asked Vlade to do some stuff for me awhile back (he was the one that said he could do it for me in the first place). A few months later, still nothing xD I haven't even been able to get him to load my FC code so I can sent replays. At least I got him to upload my Wii Code. It's a start xD
I've added your fc like a few weeks ago XD

But in all seriousness, I can record replays if you want since exams are finally over >_>

Sorry I wasn't very quick Velox :p

Jon?

Smash Champion
@Oreo: You clearly seemed to outplay your opponent. I don't know what you could change. His counterpick stage didn't even make sense. If you upload a video of you playing someone more you level of skill, you could get better critique.

@xIblisx: That sucks how you died on your first life! I saw you do jab-jab-jab-jab to dtilt. I recommend using using jab-cancel to grab to d-throw. It's a lot safer especially on a grounded Jigglypuff who doesn't have any really fast attacks with her feet planted. It will net the same amount of damage and allows you to easily follow up for even more damage.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Hey guys, any tips and advice is appreciated, thanks very much!

Ice Climbers: I was hoping someone out there might have more experience than me in trying to fight this matchup. I would like to get better at it even though it is usually labeled as "impossible". I know it's terrible but I think it's possible to beat a similar or under-skilled IC player if you know the matchup well enough, and hopefully that will help me against CP'ing. Against good IC players I will probably still go MK.

MetalMusicMan vs Future (Falco vs Ice Climbers):
2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgtkuo0s6FE
3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puo4j5-uZ-U
4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxkj3WD9A2c

Also if anyone cares to give me Diddy advice:

MetalMusicMan vs Future (Falco vs Diddy):
2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A3zx9_4w_E

Top Bottom