• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official BBR Tier List v4 -> Sonic's HA Stall is NOT beaten by spot dodge!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I was sitting here re-looking at the tier list, and I can see why Peach maybe hasn't moved up.

Not even results wise, it's just I don't think she's a "better" character perse than anyone above her. Whereas Pit can arguably be a better character and got the bump.

Odd

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
idc anymore. people can say and do what they want with this but her in f-tier for all I care. Character is usless anyway.

And idk why people keep thinking I am mad when I am just debating here. people assume too much to get cheap laughs over the net that are not funny at all.

But w/e, I give up on everything. I'm done here.

D

Deleted member

@dark peach
Self pity isnt cool, nor will it help you in life.
Peach isnt exactly in a bad spot xD
Tied with TL, ZSS, and pit aint so bad. Why does the ist matter to you anything, will it make you feel like you arent dumb for picking a ****ty character?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Peach is a ****ty character. She can't kill, gets camped, slow as hell, crappy air dodge and too obivous. I wasted 2 years playing her, helping a large amount of the community people get better with her, and debating with this character for no reason at all. Waste of time. I dont care anymore, Peach sucks. done, now talk about characters that are much better than her, and the fact that they are lower then her on the tier list. And the heck with this garbage character for competition.

Albert.

Smash Master
Peach is a ****ty character. She can't kill, gets camped, slow as hell, crappy air dodge and too obivous. I wasted 2 years playing her, helping a large amount of the community people get better with her, and debating with this character for no reason at all. Waste of time. I dont care anymore, Peach sucks. done, now talk about characters that are much better than her, and the fact that they are lower then her on the tier list. And the heck with this garbage character for competition.
What changed your mind?

It looks like someone could use some melee.
lmfao

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Never knew someone could actually snap from debating a character's placement on a tier list lol

Browny

Smash Hater
he saying he cant get the attention he wants by arguing intelligently, so he will flame, complain and spam until he gets the attention he wants. Peoples opinions of peach is merely a side effect.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
ban metaknight

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
why are you saying shes bad? now?
I'm not in the mood to get into this.

he saying he cant get the attention he wants by arguing intelligently, so he will flame, complain and spam until he gets the attention he wants. Peoples opinions of peach is merely a side effect.
Wrong. Just stop people. Geez....

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Hmm... Yoshi does seem to be in an appropriate spot now. He's definitely better than the characters below him, but it's still a toss-up as to whether Lucas and Ike are better (and even Bowser). I guess we'll see how it plays out in the next few months.

I'm shocked at how much Zelda dropped, but after considering it I guess it does seem fine for her to drop that much. She is pretty bad.

I like this tier list. Definitely an improvement over the last one. =)

(I haven't been on SB for 2 1/2 weeks, so this is my first time seeing the tier list. :laugh:)

:069:

Javon89

Smash Ace
Hmm... Yoshi does seem to be in an appropriate spot now. He's definitely better than the characters below him, but it's still a toss-up as to whether Lucas and Ike are better (and even Bowser). I guess we'll see how it plays out in the next few months.

I'm shocked at how much Zelda dropped, but after considering it I guess it does seem fine for her to drop that much. She is pretty bad.

I like this tier list. Definitely an improvement over the last one. =)

(I haven't been on SB for 2 1/2 weeks, so this is my first time seeing the tier list. :laugh:)

I agree with you, just that Mario is a little better than Yoshi, safer approaches, better at punishing, and better at killing but Mario has terrible rep compared to characters higher than him and some lower, like Ganon (he'll never move no matter what), Zelda, Link, and CF . Not bashing Yoshi but his placement looks appropriate for the meta-games current state.

Iofsauron

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually quite surprised how Ike is actually that low on the tier list. Ike is my main, and I have seen many other excellent Ike's out there. My Ike has been able to defeat MANY of the high tier characters at its max, and in a situation I have defeated in actual snaking Snake in a actual tournament. A lot of people think Ike really sucks just because hes slow, but he is a excellent character. I'm surprised that no one is really talking about him at all being that low on the tier list

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I'm actually quite surprised how Ike is actually that low on the tier list. Ike is my main, and I have seen many other excellent Ike's out there. My Ike has been able to defeat MANY of the high tier characters at its max, and in a situation I have defeated in actual snaking Snake in a actual tournament. A lot of people think Ike really sucks just because hes slow, but he is a excellent character. I'm surprised that no one is really talking about him at all being that low on the tier list
Oii you are about get flamed... I'm warning you in advance.

Welcome to Smashboards.

Ike is not that great.

I'll start with he overly easy recovery to gimp.
Blah blah blah don't feel like typing a paragraph on this one.

Oh yea enjoy your stay.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940

Ya might wanna read around more. A LOT more.

Javon89

Smash Ace
Yea his frame data isn't the greatest.

As most of you may know, ironically he's a fast character in Fire Emblem.

Sakurai, what were you thinking...

EDIT: Same story with Snake. Not in speed of course.

Javon89

Smash Ace
Errr... that's a combo video, it's pretty much pro moments of a match, it's not like Ike can do that every time, or his opponent is dumb enough to fall for it twice, this tier list looks at top level players who can exploit their character's tools and lists which character's tools are the best with some tourney results and MU's thrown in.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I think you should go look at some videos. You are wrong. Here is one example :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBEqjsDyBck
Umm combo vids don't count as cred. It doesn't even show out a whole match.... I look at vids. I do have mad respect for San. Ike is not the greastest. Cause if I use your logic I could pull vids of Fox beating every character.

Like I said lurk homie.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ike is on the brink of mid tier, imo, he has nice MU's around mid and lower but at the higher end he loses out to quite a few characters.

Kole

Smash Lord
And it's the matchups with high tiers that matter more. He's right where he should be IMO.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I agree with you, just that Mario is a little better than Yoshi, safer approaches, better at punishing, and better at killing but Mario has terrible rep compared to characters higher than him and some lower, like Ganon (he'll never move no matter what), Zelda, Link, and CF . Not bashing Yoshi but his placement looks appropriate for the meta-games current state.
Yes, Yoshi does seem to be in his correct area on the tier list (give or take a couple of placings), but I don't think he's worse than Mario. While he may be worse in approaching, punishing, and killing, he still has these advantages:

-Better set-ups
-Better recovery
-Slightly better air-game
-Better match-ups
-Better range
-Better projectile
-Better grab-game
-Chain-grabs

To be honest, I consider Lucas and Ike to be closer to Yoshi than Mario is. Their tournament results are basically the same, so what is left to take into account are their match-ups and individual character traits.

By the way, you forgot to mention that Mario has a better ground game and is MUCH better at gimping. :laugh:

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Ike's high tier match-ups are really not particularly different from most mid tier characters. In fact I would say he has enough surprisingly even ones to make him usable at high levels.

Also I think I just read something about Lucas's tournament results being somewhat close to Ike's. Was that a joke? Ike is getting better tourney results than some CURRENT mid tier characters while the only character Lucas is doing better than is Jigglypuff.

It's of little consequence to me what you think of the character, really, but don't write him off for unfounded reasons. You can cite theorycraft and whatnot as much as you would care to but if he is really extreme trash then the ~13 characters (IIRC) currently below him in tournament results have a fair bit of explaining to do. Unless of course you plan to john and say that your character gets no rep or something.

And because I like ending posts with fairly extreme statements, Yoshi is waaaaaay better than Mario could ever hope to be. If there weren't so many better (imo) candidates for borderline mid tier I would place him there. Mario's lucky to be out of bottom tier.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Really... in reality...
once you get to the bottom half of the ranked characters, they become too sporadic to accept as viable indications of the metagame.
To top it off as time goes on, that cut off point on reliability is seemingly decreasing.

Tier list v3 was 27 characters with reasonably consistant results, coming up to this tier list it was 24. That may not seem like much... but to me that means a lot.
What if every 6-9 months, 3 more characters suddenly become bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom