• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official APEX 2012 Results Thread! ALL RESULTS UP. International takes it all!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Off the top of my head, I might be wrong on a couple.

1: Armada :peachmelee: :younglinkmelee:
2: Hungrybox :jigglypuffmelee:
3: Mango :falcomelee: :foxmelee:
4: Javi :foxmelee:
5: Dr Peepee :falcomelee:
5: KirbyKaze :sheikmelee:
7: Hax :falconmelee:
7: Shroomed :drmario:
9: Lovage :foxmelee:
9: MacD :peachmelee:
9: Wobbles :icsmelee:
9: Unknown522 :foxmelee:
13: VaNz :peachmelee:
13: SFAT :foxmelee:
13: Zhu :falcomelee:
13: Tope :sheikmelee:
17: PewpewU :marthmelee:
17: KoreanDJ :marthmelee: :sheikmelee:
17: DaShizWiz :falcomelee:
17: Mew2King :sheikmelee: :marthmelee:
17: Darc :jigglypuffmelee:
17: Silent Wolf :foxmelee:
17: chillindude829 :foxmelee:
17: Smoke2Jointz :falconmelee:
25: HBK :marthmelee:
25: Weon-x :foxmelee:
25: Eggm :falcomelee:
25: Jman :foxmelee:
25: Teczero :sheikmelee:
25: Bladewise :peachmelee:
25: I.B :marthmelee:
25: WestBallz :foxmelee: :falcomelee:

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Uh… :mario2: mains are the same way. I would think Sonic has better options than Mario even… At least you are fast… And let's not even mention Ganon/Bowser mains…
boss,

mario and luigi
Hi, you must not know me, my name is Dark.Pch.
There are more Sonic mains that are true sonic fans than any of the latter -____-

Peach & Luigi are legit (Illmatic, Dark Peach, Kyon, Boss, Yoshq, Biglou)

Some Ganon and Bowser mains only like those characters cuz they like getting god with em and trolling the community 2 prove that those characters can actually b viable(Like how every1 wanted Capt Falcon 2 b better)

I'm sorry 4 deterring the thread I was just stating my frustration with the way the results 4 my character alongside because of work and responsibility I myself can merely lead by example in my own city by hosting tourneys. :urg:

If you all have a retort go ahead and say it n I wont bother responding 2 deter the thread anymore. It was my opinion n my b 4 offendin ppl.

:sonic:

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Why did mango ONLY go Falco against Armada??? I feel like he was sandbagging 2 try and get the hype back to the same way it was @ G2(Was is Genesis 2? Idr :-/)

Fact - Armada is the BEST in the world
Opinion - Mango will win the next tourney by going Fox & Jiggs(I feel like thse are his best characters) Or M2K will shock the **** out of every1

(If Mango used Fox & Jiggs against Armada then I retract y statement I'm sorry I had 2 take a friend to the hospital RIGHT when Armada vs Mango was about 2 start)

JOHNS

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
There are more Sonic mains that are true sonic fans than any of the latter -____-

Peach & Luigi are legit (Illmatic, Dark Peach, Kyon, Boss, Yoshq, Biglou)

Some Ganon and Bowser mains only like those characters cuz they like getting god with em and trolling the community 2 prove that those characters can actually b viable(Like how every1 wanted Capt Falcon 2 b better)

I'm sorry 4 deterring the thread I was just stating my frustration with the way the results 4 my character alongside because of work and responsibility I myself can merely lead by example in my own city by hosting tourneys. :urg:

If you all have a retort go ahead and say it n I wont bother responding 2 deter the thread anymore. It was my opinion n my b 4 offendin ppl.

brife history of me.

I only play melee cause peach is in it. same with brawl. if not, I would not play these 2 game competitive at all. You can ask alex strife on this. him and crismas known this about me for years. Thats one main reason I don't secondary other characters. I get bored and don't have fun anymore after 10-20 mins.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord

EDIT:im ******** and strong bad needs to practice his bairs more because its "new and creative"

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
lmao is that what you say every time you're wrong? if you meant top 48 or 64 instead then say so.

Merkuri

Smash Lord

Great, thanks.

And it's the first Fox main to place top 4 at an international in the Post-Genesis1 age.

D

Deleted member

Alex Strife, can you please update the OP with character usage? I need this data for the new Success/Popularity of Characters thread as soon as possible.

It would be a big help. Thanks. :)

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Great, thanks.

And it's the first Fox main to place top 4 at an international in the Post-Genesis1 age.
I'd say Mango mains Fox and Falco equally but whatever floats your boat I suppose.

Also the only character Ankoku got wrong is that Eggm used Fox not Falco.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
I'd say Mango mains Fox and Falco equally but whatever floats your boat I suppose.

Also the only character Ankoku got wrong is that Eggm used Fox not Falco.
well not trying to argue but he said fox main, and mango has a great fox and uses him alot but javi went all fox which is why its notable.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
ayo merk, how come we didnt play any gurl?

you dodgin me. im tight.

also, I thought weon X played falcon...?
Well I was only on the venue on Friday. I looked for the black guy with huge goggles but couldn't find you(not many brawl players were there sadly). Next time definitely though :) In fact if you don't mind it would be nice if we could team together (I'm not very good though)

Guess Mango @ Genesis 2 and APEX 2012 just doesn't count.
I used the words ''Fox main'' for a reason.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Well I was only on the venue on Friday. I looked for the black guy with huge goggles but couldn't find you(not many brawl players were there sadly). Next time definitely though :) In fact if you don't mind it would be nice if we could team together (I'm not very good though)

I used the words ''Fox main'' for a reason.
It doesn't matter if someone mains Fox or not. The difficulty of the accomplishment you're referring to comes from playing all Fox at a national tourney and winning. If Mango were to play all Mewtwo at a national tourney and win, then a Mewtwo won that national tourney, and who Mango "actually" mains is completely irrelevant.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
ayo merk, how come we didnt play any gurl?

you dodgin me. im tight.

also, I thought weon X played falcon...?
most definitely a fox main.

also i think it's apparent everyone here doesn't like merkuri, and just wanted to call him out on anything.

why include mango? we never include mango in any discussions of "the best" simply cause he ***** with so many different characters. i'm pretty sure merkuri felt that was pre-implied.

he's HARDLY considered a fox main. he uses fox against armada/hbox (due to the matchups being annoying to him, imo), maybe im crazy but if he's anything he's a falco main, well, unless he still thinks his puff is good.

i'm calling it now, the next national, if mango loses first game against armada, he will go puff.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

also i think it's apparent everyone here doesn't like merkuri, and just wanted to call him out on anything.

why include mango? we never include mango in any discussions of "the best" simply cause he ***** with so many different characters. i'm pretty sure merkuri felt that was pre-implied.

he's HARDLY considered a fox main. he uses fox against armada/hbox (due to the matchups being annoying to him, imo), maybe im crazy but if he's anything he's a falco main, well, unless he still thinks his puff is good.

i'm calling it now, the next national, if mango loses first game against armada, he will go puff.
I talked to mango and asked him if he would ever use puff in singles again and he said probably not. He said it was because he hadn't played her in so long he didn't think he was as good with her anymore.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
really? maybe he was trolling you, or my friend. because at apex he told my friend he was considering going puff or falcon against armada.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
It doesn't matter if someone mains Fox or not. The difficulty of the accomplishment you're referring to comes from playing all Fox at a national tourney and winning. If Mango were to play all Mewtwo at a national tourney and win, then a Mewtwo won that national tourney, and who Mango "actually" mains is completely irrelevant.
I know that. My point was that Mango mains Falco in tournament and seconds Fox, at the very best he would comain both characters, which isn't the same as primarily using Fox. Javi on the hand only used Fox, it's worth noting.

People don't like me? What makes you think that? I think you're taking what people say over the internet a bit too seriously. And I'm a woman btw.

There is no problem with including Mango in the discussions imo. He isn't the great outlier he used to be and it wouldn't change anything in this case. Mango just isn't a fox main, he only uses him for a few matchups; like you said, he's falco main.

I don't think Mango is going to go puff at all unless he starts taking the game seriously, and sadly I just don't see that happening by the time he and Mango meet again in tournament.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
I know that. My point was that Mango mains Falco in tournament and seconds Fox, at the very best he would comain both characters, which isn't the same as primarily using Fox. Javi on the hand only used Fox, it's worth noting.

People don't like me? What makes you think that? I think you're taking what people say over the internet a bit too seriously. And I'm a woman btw.

There is no problem with including Mango in the discussions imo. He isn't the great outlier he used to be and it wouldn't change anything in this case. Mango just isn't a fox main, he only uses him for a few matchups; like you said, he's falco main.

I don't think Mango is going to go puff at all unless he starts taking the game seriously, and sadly I just don't see that happening by the time he and Mango meet again in tournament.
people get very annoyed by your posts (not saying i agree with them, but i know they get annoyed by the arguements you provide), you argue with people alot on here, someone a few posts up classified you as a troll, which they weren't even referring to anything specific, so theyre just calling you out as trolling in general.

i probably am overthinking it, but I just know that when people get argued with on here, they gain some sort of tension over it, which is ridiculous. and i know you enjoy arguing/discussing things so it just works out against you. either way, **** em'.

and yeah the mango puff thing is all a matter of how much he cares about being considered the best, again. genesis2 left alot of people speculating whos "best", but wouldn't have given armada the title just yet. now after apex..

Merkuri

Smash Lord
people get very annoyed by your posts (not saying i agree with them, but i know they get annoyed by the arguements you provide), you argue with people alot on here, someone a few posts up classified you as a troll, which they weren't even referring to anything specific, so theyre just calling you out as trolling in general.
Maybe I'm missing something but people call each other trolls all the time. I think you're taking things a bit too serious.

Also for melee this makes it the first time since the beginning of 2011 that a less than high tier character didn't break top 5 at a major U.S tourney(all 100+ man tournies had a mid/lower tier main in top 5/6 throughout 2011). Shroomed did get top 8, but still.

Top Bottom