• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nintendo Experience Presents: Smash Bros Brawl Tournament, March 2-14 (Melbourne)

Gords

Smash Champion
Just got a call from EB/nintendo. Apparently you can only use the wiimote only.
LAME.
Can we get confirmation on this tonight. Cause if this is so then I won't be going down.

Afropony

Smash Lord
Yeh i got rung up as well and was told I couldn't bring a gamecube controller :( I'll bring one anyway just incase.

They also told me that the people who had already signed up would be playing there games first so it sounds as though you will be able to sign up on the day that you want to go as well.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Just got a call from EB/nintendo. Apparently you can only use the wiimote only.
LAME.
Can we get confirmation on this tonight. Cause if this is so then I won't be going down.
I dropped in today after uni, and yes it is true you can only use the wiimote, which they supply. Other rules confirmed are that the matches are 1v1 3 min rounds. (not stock based)

The other rules are revealed to contestants on the night.

Lame.

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
This will be different, I am wondering if took my classic controler or my nunchuck and would be alowed to uses ither of those ?. I'll ask when I phone up.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Yer I probably won't even bother going. If I can't even play with a Classic Controller then I'm out. Wii-motes suck *ss

C~Dog

Smash Champion
How about making Stigma B a fortnightly thing instead of a monthly thing and holding it on the 14th instead of going to this? :D

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
How about making Stigma B a fortnightly thing instead of a monthly thing and holding it on the 14th instead of going to this? :D
Because booking the venue isn't that easy and it also costs alot. If someone wants to hold a meet next weekend then that's fine :)

(probably the kind of thing to be discussed in the Brawl thread, wouldn't want an infraction from the big bad Woxy)

Park0o

Smash Ace
Because booking the venue isn't that easy and it also costs alot. If someone wants to hold a meet next weekend then that's fine :)

(probably the kind of thing to be discussed in the Brawl thread, wouldn't want an infraction from the big bad Woxy)
yeah, gettting an infraction sucks pretty bad.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Wii-mote only, no nunchuck either.
Battlefield only, no items, 3 minutes (5 minutes final), 1 v 1, single elimination. Top 2-3 advance.

tkls

Smash Apprentice
lol, thats pretty rough rules. could be worse i guess... wii mote only? wtf is up with battlefield only aswell?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Snake can't do much with the wii-mote, neither can any other character, except for well placed smash attacks and good camping. Aerials are hard to do so strong ground based characters are the way to go, since you need kills within a 3 minute time limit (Pikachu/Snake/Ike stand out). I used Wolf and Smash spammed to win the night.

tibs7

Smash Champion
snake is awesome.........
cao i was holding my breathe with that sudden death haha
its normally the noob that gets a lucky hit in those times. haha
wii mote only gets me angry though, its just so ********
who is coming thursday?

tibs7

Smash Champion
Were there people who signed up on the day?
im not to sure, i came at the very end. cao may know though
i just came to check out the rules and such, im competing thurs

@bylim: so bryan to say such a thing! come over soon, talk to attila at uni and organuse something yeah...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
This is pathetic, i have no time for this.
So don't go then.

Honestly, the more people being there the better. If they only see a few people turn up, it'll be a one off event. If they see a lot of people turn up, participate and all ask for the ability to use a GC controller, there'd be a better chance of more events with better peripherals.

tibs7

Smash Champion
any good competition? i thought dekar was supposed to go today...

oh, did they tell you to come in today? im still waiting on a call...

congrats btw

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
no I didn't get any call I just rocked up.
No real competition, one MK and one Lucas. The matches weren't close or anything but they knew what they were doing.
Dekar is playing next week, I was with him when he registered.

Effing wii mote though, CAO is right, change your playstyle to simple mode and you will prevail. I attempted combos and just failed. Stick to playing like a scrub. (I chose Yoshi instead of Pit)

Thanks for the congrats ^_^ I'm expecting to see you and Cobalt join us in the finals.

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Cao should use his uber persuasion skills and convince the staff that for the finals there should be a variety of options(controllers) for the finalists to choose from. It should make the day a bit more worth it as it will increase the spectators thoughts to why this guy used that type of controller against this character.

Viral-Enki

Smash Cadet
I'll be playing on Friday the 13th (Dun dun...).
I hope I don't end up being the only person there that day. :p

With the controls, is it Wii-mote + Nunchuck or just the remote?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i'm yet to receiev a phone call or e-mail or whatever (FFFFFUUUU) so ima rock up on thursday and win =)

tibs7

Smash Champion
well i'll be there aswell! i think wayne's going tomorrow to.
make it next week so i can actually get into finals yeh? cool

Top Bottom