• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nintendo Experience Presents: Smash Bros Brawl Tournament, March 2-14 (Melbourne)

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Sydney should send some players in. Spearhead that ****.

OR ELSE.

Gords

Smash Champion
Well im considering it but i will need a place to stay.
Im more interested in catching up with Cao, Jei, and well the melbourne scene, and kinder would like to see the Nintendo store.
I also have other friends in melbourne who would be good to catch up with. ill need to be back for sunday though for tedeths tourney

Dedu

Smash Lord
You're daddy touch your **** when you were little?
i did harder books
and no teacher
and no school
and no literature
no items
fox only
final destination
LOL I don't see proof of that c'lit' skillz... :p
By the way I don't have **** <3

EA - I'd luv to join this but am saving $$$$$$$$$$$$$ for London Trip. Melb is awesome by the way <3
Gords - look this number up and see if it connects to EB Swanston St in Melb
EB Swanston Street

(03) 9654 3395
67 Swanston St
Melbourne VIC 3000

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I say it wouldn't be, because you'd have to go back to Melbourne if you made it into the final.

Gords

Smash Champion
well if I went it would be for the Thursday Friday and Saturday. So I would be there anyways. I soul probs. One back sat night so I could go to tedeths tourney on the Sunday.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
k so i'm like 80% percent sure that you sign up at the store ON THE DAY you compete
not beforehand

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Okay dudes, I went in to Swanson St. EB today to talk about the comp with the staff to answer some questions, and here is the giest of it so far:

1/ You need to go and sign up, in store, before the comp.

2/ The rules/levels/etc have not been finalised as of yet. Competitors are asked to write down any questions they have so the staff can review them and help decide the rules.

3/ They will contact the competitors by email once the rules have been decided and to notify them of the day they will come in to battle.

4/ The questions i can remember are:
i/ What controllers will be used? Wiimote/Nunchuck/Gamecube/Classic?
ii/ Can we bring our own controllers?

These were the questions I wrote down. I thought I might as well, since I was there.
iii/ What rules are being used?
iv/ What levels are allowed?
v/ Is Metaknight banned?
vi/ Are items being used?

There was one other, but I dont remember it.

So basically, go in, sign up and wait for an email. I put myself down for Friday (both of them, as the dude there said to just write a day, note a date). I hope to see you all there. :)

EDIT: Great. My sig is too tall. ;_;

C~Dog

Smash Champion
THANK YOU

christ...
No prob ^_^

Also, the guy i was talking to said 40 or so people have signed up so far, and they expect more. The tourney area is above the main store area and will be 'restricted' while the games are being played. Not sure what that means exactly...

@Sultan Luigi: I'm not sure of that. They will probably try to arrange it so that all days have equal people. But I don't see a problem with one day having more, as long as there aren't too many, as there are only two hours to play the matches in.

Gords

Smash Champion
you can ring the number dedu posted earlier to register as well. I have registered this way for late in tv second week. Expressing interest. I am going to wait for the email first before deciding to go down.

If I do go down, is it possible for some on house me for like a night or two or can someone recommend cheap accomadation close the store.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i am going on a tuesday
if i see you there, i will punch you
unless you suck

get your skill evaluated for FREE n a tuesday! =D

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
This is Jamie's way to get us to verse each other isn't it? He's pre-empted our strategies to spread out!

SPECULATION.

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
shotgun the first thursday..... i talked with JAMIE YESTERDAY AND THAT Bugga DIDN'T TELL ME NOTHING BOUT THIS... so my guess he does not know himself yet

Dekar289

Smash Hero
who says jamie has anything to do with this

it's not on the website, seems like it's entirely an eb swanston street thing

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
If Nintendo aren't running this, is it possible to use our collective powers to try and get a more standard ruleset? I'll go talk to Freo (who works there and gives me discounts) and see what he has to say about this.

In any case, Melbourne Smash in general seems be going through a new boom period, lets keep up the pace

Vermy

Smash Champion
I'm so up for this.
Items or not, it'll be fun. Worst case scenario, (I.e. Time with items) I'll play as Falco, just to be a ****. =p
Jei, i'll sign up for whatever day you're going. Id rather go in with my crew than by myself.
JINXED REPREZENT! *throws up gang signs*

C~Dog

Smash Champion
If Nintendo aren't running this, is it possible to use our collective powers to try and get a more standard ruleset? I'll go talk to Freo (who works there and gives me discounts) and see what he has to say about this.

In any case, Melbourne Smash in general seems be going through a new boom period, lets keep up the pace
The guy I talked to said it would most likely be orientated toward tournament-style play.

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
i friend of mine works at eb swanston, she originally worked at knox i look forward to c her today and book my spot in for the first thursday hahahahaha

I'm so up for this.
Items or not, it'll be fun. Worst case scenario, (I.e. Time with items) I'll play as Falco, just to be a ****. =p
Jei, i'll sign up for whatever day you're going. Id rather go in with my crew than by myself.
JINXED REPREZENT! *throws up gang signs*
dont worry dude cao and most probably me will be there all the days to take it all in you wont get lack of exp:p

tibs7

Smash Champion
i think i'll go first thursday =) or the next wednesday

Gords

Smash Champion
has anyone got the email yet with the details, doesn't it start Monday?

Also is anyone going Monday?

C~Dog

Smash Champion
has anyone got the email yet with the details, doesn't it start Monday?

Also is anyone going Monday?
Dude, we've got two whole days to recieve an email. Also, they send it to everyone at the same time, so if you don't have one, no one else does.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'll go going on the very first Monday... and most other days to capture unflattering gamer-faces.

tibs7

Smash Champion
yuk i dun wanna verse cao... maybe ill go tuesday then :p

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Ooo I can go Monday or Tuesday, I'll take the train up and meet people there.

Please bring DS because I want to snake people on Mario Kart and maybe show my Pokemans (except Mikul cause he cheats) :chuckle:

Afropony

Smash Lord
Ooo I can go Monday or Tuesday, I'll take the train up and meet people there.

Please bring DS because I want to snake people on Mario Kart and maybe show my Pokemans (except Mikul cause he cheats) :chuckle:
You can actually play mario kart DS at the store and Pokemon Ranger...

I signed up with my friend today on the second thursday. It looks like there will be about 55 people overall.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
That's pretty small if it's spread out over 2 weeks. There's probably going to be randoms wondering into the store and entering.

Afropony

Smash Lord
Well i asked the person upstairs and they said about 55. But yeh it'd be really good if there was a massive tournament and we could convert more people into competitive brawl :)

Top Bottom