• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEOH Thread - OP updated what?????

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Anyway, I'm going to start looking into hosting a tourney. I've wanted to hold one for quite a while now, but I've been too lazy and forgetful to actually start the process.
that sounds like me for alot of things, not tourney hosting lol

didnt Eon try to invite you over to play w/ us today?

King~

Smash Champion
Is it just me or am I invisible outside of NEOH? I know I don't do a lot to get recognition, and I'm nowhere near the best in Ohio. There's probably at least 20 people in this state better than I am. I mean I'm still not a bad player yet no one ever wants to team with me and no one ever wants to play me. I've noticed that recently my name seems to be forgotten when I place well until the actual results are posted. It seems kinda weird to me at least. I'm kidding around of course...kinda. You all know how I am by now. I'm making an effort to be less like that, and I thought I was doing a good job of it until I made this post. :laugh:

Anyway, I'm going to start looking into hosting a tourney. I've wanted to hold one for quite a while now, but I've been too lazy and forgetful to actually start the process.
the teaming thing is because at this point everyone wants to team with the established teams players and if its not blue or shugo, they very rarely wanna mess with neoh even though we have great teams players like you, links, KB,jiffy, and suyon. and find who their looking for they just look to the people in their respective area. if not they just find someone at the venue 8/ atleast thats what ive noticed

dont sweat it

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
I haven't actually teamed with argent...I tried to at the last tourney he took me to, but I lacked money.... I HAVE teamed with Auspher and uh....well...let's just say our trolling of the doubles at Pools Pools 5 with a dual wolf combo was cut short by a double MK team of Shugo (And I forget the other one XD)

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I dunno Argent, I've always seen you as a good player. You usually place well and are approachable at tournaments so I can't really explain it. I know the time I wanted to play doubles at OUGA you had teamed with Auspher but it's weird to see that you don't get teammates.

I know my ideal team partner is Squid (but my bro is all the way in IN so I don't see him much) and I've recently been loads more interested in doubles than singles so if you wan to team at a tournament that Squid isn't at, I'm more than willing.

Links is a jerk though. He always johns and doesn't enter doubles. I ask him all the time.

:phone:

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I used to have an established teammate, but I think he got tired of getting hit with Aura Spheres all the time. :p It seems like everyone in NEOH has teammates too, so I'm having trouble finding a reliable partner. The people I team randomly with rarely ever seem like they can hold their weight. Even when I ask before the tourney. It's not worth doing doubles for me unless I can play more than two matches. Otherwise I don't feel like I'm getting my money's worth, ya know? Unless it's $5.

@Jiggly - Yes, that was me. You guys need to not play on such a nice day or at least wait until late or something. :p

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
$5 events are amazing and I know how you feel. Throwing 10 bucks for two matches isnt worth it.

At least I get pools for singles.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I used to have an established teammate, but I think he got tired of getting hit with Aura Spheres all the time. :p
im used to getting hit w/ AS so i'd be your partner lol

ArgentStew; said:
@Jiggly - Yes, that was me. You guys need to not play on such a nice day or at least wait until late or something. :p
lol i guess new time on ohios random cold days or something

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
What weekdays is everyone available to play? I might start holding some weekday smashfests/get togethers for funsies (since I miss you guys and gals ; ~ ; )

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I've actually never had trouble finding a partner for doubles. Initially some people will question teaming with a Peach, but they eventually disregard that doubt and go through with it. Although the two most fun and in sync partners I've ever had would be Beegs and Shugo. The latter and I have had a few hiccups on team play here and there, but that's usually when he goes Falco and I go Peach. Our double MK and MK/Peach combinations are usually mad good when we get going. Shugo and I have yet to place outside of top 3 in teams which is cool too. xD

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Argent is a great teammate, I say it at every tourney when he is looking for a partner.
Yeah he is. He eventually got tired of carrying me though and never wanted to team anymore XD
It's because I kinda suck.

I used to have an established teammate, but I think he got tired of getting hit with Aura Spheres all the time. :p It seems like everyone in NEOH has teammates too, so I'm having trouble finding a reliable partner. The people I team randomly with rarely ever seem like they can hold their weight. Even when I ask before the tourney. It's not worth doing doubles for me unless I can play more than two matches. Otherwise I don't feel like I'm getting my money's worth, ya know? Unless it's $5.
Here's the problem: Most teams usually have established team tactics and have played together before. If you want to have a chance with a pick-up partner, they need to be on your level or ideally better. So already half of the community is out. They can't be too much better than you though, since they will also want to team with people of their skill level or higher, so now the top players are out too.
This leaves you with the people who are good, but not quite top level; let's just say high level players. Now most of these players all have established teammates, so that doesn't leave a lot of choice.
The solution? Either lower your standards, though in that case odds are you're going to throw $10 on just 2-3 matches, and if that's not fun for you then it's not worth it or try to find yourself a consistent partner, even if you have to train someone to your skill level to get one.

Links is a jerk though. He always johns and doesn't enter doubles. I ask him all the time.

In his own words: "I only enjoy it with Blue Rogue.". :awesome:

links24

Smash Ace
lol if blue would team with me at least time ill do dubs more XD

besides my 2 teammates are fro and suyon

awww here it goes and dream team will live on forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (even though suyon has quit again i think......)

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Yeah he is. He eventually got tired of carrying me though and never wanted to team anymore XD
What? I only turned you down the one time you asked, didn't I? If not, I apologize. You're not a bad teammate. I've been trying to team with different people for a good while now.

The one big problem I have with finding a consistent partner is the lack of people close to me. At Kent State I couldn't get the scene going, and everyone dropped out or couldn't travel. Now that I'm in Cleveland, the only person close to me is Eon. I could train him and we can come up with some good strategies and such, but there are several factors (doesn't wanna play Brawl, lack of money to enter tourneys, character combinations) that kinda make a good, consistent pairing unlikely. :/

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
lol if blue would team with me at least time ill do dubs more XD

besides my 2 teammates are fro and suyon

awww here it goes and dream team will live on forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (even though suyon has quit again i think......)
Hmmm... well, I'm trying to see if I can go to the next OUGA event... *hint hint*
(Gonna try to talk my MVC3 friends into ****** it and bringing me along.)

What? I only turned you down the one time you asked, didn't I? If not, I apologize. You're not a bad teammate. I've been trying to team with different people for a good while now.

The one big problem I have with finding a consistent partner is the lack of people close to me. At Kent State I couldn't get the scene going, and everyone dropped out or couldn't travel. Now that I'm in Cleveland, the only person close to me is Eon. I could train him and we can come up with some good strategies and such, but there are several factors (doesn't wanna play Brawl, lack of money to enter tourneys, character combinations) that kinda make a good, consistent pairing unlikely. :/
I was just messing with you on the 1st part.

As for the 2nd, I'm not saying it would be easy, and honestly, considering your location, might not even be doable. I honestly think that's why you have trouble finding teammates though. I mean you're not lacking in skill.

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
Well...Argent...I do Wolf/Toon Link/Marf/Ike/Falco (trying to shy away from grabbing with him alot/playing him at all in protest of all the grab heavy playstyles and chain grabs in brawl xD) the best/most seriously....Im pretty sure most of them work well with PKMNT/Lucario...If you want I can try practicing with you. If we can legitimately work well together and I enjoy playing with you as a team partner...Guarantee you, that's the best way to get me to join you. I'd prob just join you on the doubles roster, but you'd have a steady teammate and you could get me back into comp brawl, at least as more than just a passing 'keep up with it via the people I play' sort of schtick....

EDIT: There's a few other characters I know/play, but falcon is for lulz and definitely not a good dubs partner (imo xD) and id need waaaay more pkmn trainer practice before I could join you....although a squirtle/ivy team combo sounds deadly delicious to my ears XD

EDIT: Puttin out there....mad angry that bloody roar 5 was cancelled the last few months or so....didnt even know it was in production, but knowing now that a next gen bloody roar is unlikely....makes me sad face. And it came right as I had the sudden urge to play primal fury again...I need to find that....Ebay may be my only solution to this problem....

solecalibur

Smash Master
Im bad at teams, all I do is jump and nair
that and its kinda annoying when you get tossed around, feels like a free for all

clowsui

Smash Legend
I've actually never had trouble finding a partner for doubles. Initially some people will question teaming with a Peach, but they eventually disregard that doubt and go through with it. Although the two most fun and in sync partners I've ever had would be Beegs and Shugo. The latter and I have had a few hiccups on team play here and there, but that's usually when he goes Falco and I go Peach. Our double MK and MK/Peach combinations are usually mad good when we get going. Shugo and I have yet to place outside of top 3 in teams which is cool too. xD
team with me ******

i already got a good team name

"the brothers lee"

you be jet and i'll be bruce. going straight to top5 with that sweet *** name, guaranteed. if we hustle some *****s hard it'll be top 3

links24

Smash Ace
Something tells me Links and I would kick a lot of *** together. Teams sometime Links?

lol im down brojust gotta think of a clever yet troll sounding team name

on another note from all the people that has seen my toon link play can you play tell me.....what makes my TL good?! my friend asked me that last night and i honestly couldnt really think why ;o

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord

on another note from all the people that has seen my toon link play can you play tell me.....what makes my TL good?! my friend asked me that last night and i honestly couldnt really think why ;o
Troll answer (but also the most correct answer): the player.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496

2nd troll answer: It's not. It loses to Wolf so it sucks. :awesome:

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I was just messing with you on the 1st part.
My point remains.

Well...Argent...I do Wolf/Toon Link/Marf/Ike/Falco (trying to shy away from grabbing with him alot/playing him at all in protest of all the grab heavy playstyles and chain grabs in brawl xD) the best/most seriously....Im pretty sure most of them work well with PKMNT/Lucario...
That's a lot. When I think of a good partner for Lucario, I think of a character that can get the KOs (Snake, Wario) or someone to do the Anubis strategy with (MK, I don't know who else...) I can always play MK too or maybe the other character I might pick up.

Argent, you are the first person I think of when I think NEOH.
Thanks, Kiest. I guess I'm not completely invisible outside NEOH then. :p

team with me ******
You're lucky, KB. I will probably never see a post like this. :laugh:

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
TL can get the kills :p. Marf can definitely get the kills. Ike is a lil slow, but he won't have any trouble gettin kills if a faster character can set em up. Falco won't have too much trouble, the only one is wolf and with set ups even he can have an easier time gettin kills. Most of my characters I chose have incredible air games, because it's what I'm good at ;)

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
We will have to play around with the combinations sometime then. I'm interested in seeing what we can come up with. :)

Suyon

Smash Lord
Playing Star Ocean. I'm still in Dream Team, but you're the one that's disappeared.

Well. I can't really play brawl unless I play on my old school TV. My Google TV has like a 3 second lag for the wii and a .25-1 second lag on my PS3. Dunno if I should return it and get a different one. Still gonna buy a TV for college though.

D

Deleted member

All this doubles talk reminds me that I need to find a good doubles partner for SiiS5.

And yeah, I know what you mean Argent. I've teamed with people before who I had to carry, and it just wasn't worth the entry fee.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Meh, I don't think I've ever not enjoyed doubles, regardless of the partner or result. I think my most fun doubles experience in fact was doing double Ganon with Riddler at one of KYoshi's tournies way back when XD

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
Meh, I don't think I've ever not enjoyed doubles, regardless of the partner or result. I think my most fun doubles experience in fact was doing double Ganon with Riddler at one of KYoshi's tournies way back when XD
I remember that double Ganon, and where is Riddler!?!?!

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i've only played doubles in a tourney once....but idr my partners name since that was like 2 years ago lol.

im never playing doubles so idk if i'd be a good partner or not lol

Top Bottom