• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEOH Thread - OP updated what?????

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
I most certainly am. I'm not going, like I said. If nothing else, you can swing over (maybe get jiggly) and the 3 of us can do brawl/64/melee/dominion/ssf4/mvc3/whatever/herpandderp/whyareyoustillreadingthis/youarereallyboredarentyou
Whatttya think?

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Wow. Wasn't really expecting a response. I'm open all day tomorrow really. I'll post more info later when I'm not on my phone.

D

Deleted member

Wait, Why are Blue and Links not riding with ITT??? We kinda had housing plans for our car, and the extra people just screwed them over...

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
They aren't? Well I dunno why, but I'm still not goin. I has no moneys for food or to help with gas there so :/....also no monies for tourny, and my experience recently has been 'unless u get there really early, u wont get many friendlies' once tourny mode starts. Tournies should start keeping 1 or 2 sets open if they have like 10+ so some people can still play friendlies if they didnt have money or got knocked out :<

D

Deleted member

According to Shugo, they aren't. There's also tons of miscommunication flying around and we need this cleared up.

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
Auspher afaik I was riding with Riddler driving + ITT and Links
lolneoh

Oro get at me on the lobby

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
For anyone who wants to come over for a smashfest tomorrow:

My address is 6809 Mayfield Rd, Mayfield Heights, OH. It's an apartment complex (look for the big white towers) so call my cell when you arrive. I'll have to come down and let you in the front door. My number is 330-240-2235.

I have one full Brawl setup and one full Melee setup (I recently uncovered my Cube). I should have room for one or two more if anyone wants to bring another setup. I'll probably have chips and pop, and we can probably order pizza from down the street.

Basically anytime anyone wants to show up after 1 or 2, I'll be ready.

solecalibur

Smash Master
NEOH hotel room with ITT drunk speech inc, also no sleep is pretty good dunno why though maybe cause i slept 4 14 hours last night

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
My brother is currently en route to the hospital with huge pain in his leg (and especially the upper thigh/groin area he says) after it started hurting back on Monday or Wednesday. There goes any chance of me sleeping...At least he could bear it for 20 minutes while my grandparents woke up n came over to take him n me mom to the hospital instead of calling an ambulance (perfect day for my moms car to go into the shop, eh?)

EDIT: Also, I JUST LEARNED THAT THE GIRL WHO REFUSED TO CHEER FOR HER RAPIST IS NOW BEING FORCED TO PAY $45,000 AFTER THE COURT REFUSED TO HEAR THE CASE. WTF?! Just learned bout the update to this old story from Danielle Corsetto (girlswithslingshots, anyone?) She linked the site http://www.helpthecheerleader.com/ ^^

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
I would like to come, but my mother has no car. So either KB would have to pick me up en route or you would XD. 6 miles is a bit much to walk that'd take me like....3 hours AT LEAST. No THANK you.

EDIT: As for my bro, thankfully (lol?) it was just a pulled hamstring....which is still gonna hurt like a mother. He's got vicodin...I've got my own personal Gregory House! XD

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Found out I only work 4 days total next month (and then Im done for good O A O)
And they aren't weekends -thumbs up-
So basically, I can attend some smashfests xP

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
Are you free today lokii? get a ride to argents XD

EDIT: For anyone who is a fan of anime, I have some sad news to report if you haven't heard. June 9th, 2011, Tomoko Kawakami died from her ovarian cancer that was announced in 08. Most of you will know her as Ivysaur (brawl), a fair few pokemon girls, utena from revolutionary girl utena, Soifon from Bleach, Hikaru from Hikaru no Go, and Mariko from Elfen Lied. :( RIP Tomoko....RIP T_T
EDIT: She has a host of other roles, but I'd rather not post 50 roles from other well known anime, or lesser known (compared to bleach/hikaru/elfen) such as steel angel kurumi.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Nahhh, workin' til close tonight. Next month though...shall do my best to play some smash. Well, around grad parties at least, haha.

Awww...thats sad :( Athena was one of my fave characters from Aria....aww
RIP

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I'm really getting tired of this. I'm done trying to host smashfests. Seriously, I don't know what else I can do to get people to show up. I've got a lot of space. I'm being flexible with time. I'm even offering free food. What more do you want from me? Am I doing something wrong? Somebody tell me something. :(

Eon, thank you for backing me up on this. I'm not really in the mood to do anything else now though. (And it's not just about this mess. I've had to deal with a lot of stupid crap today.) I'm sorry.

King~

Smash Champion
i think the only people who could show up today where me and KB, i know KB was a maybe he said

ive been at work this entire time so there goes that, plus im broke

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
My mother could've taken me to argents, he just wanted others there. KB said, and I quote, from page 67 "I would Argent, and I'd probably bring a fresh face or two who really want to learn."
That implies that, were argent to do it (argent said if anyone 'would be interested' implying he's asking for potential interest if he DID) he could and would come with 1 or 2 others. I dunno if him n argent talked offline/via pm or what but apparently he never showed, and I dunno if he told argent why. You were busy and broke, I can sorta get that (iirc u even said ud be a maybe. ya didnt give a 'would if u did' sort of response)

I think the biggest problem is just far too many people in NEOH say things in a way that implies they would for sure show up, only to often times not only show up, but either forget to keep the required time slots free so to speak, or even just forget to explain why they had to cancel.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
He said he'd be interested. He didn't say he was coming for sure if I put one on. I just got my hopes up that this was actually going to happen for once. Kinda foolish of me to think NEOH could plan something...

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
I dunno, his wording implies that were you to do it, he'd be there.That's the problem with hypothetical situations...'If I did this, who would want to' "i would" *doesnt show* 'i didnt say I WAS for SURE, I said i WOULD be INTERESTED' *shrug* Shoulda asked 'if I did one this saturday, who would come' XD
Ah well. Not the end of the world.
GRAMMAR POLICE....AWAY!

solecalibur

Smash Master
I'm really getting tired of this. I'm done trying to host smashfests. Seriously, I don't know what else I can do to get people to show up. I've got a lot of space. I'm being flexible with time. I'm even offering free food. What more do you want from me? Am I doing something wrong? Somebody tell me something. :(

Eon, thank you for backing me up on this. I'm not really in the mood to do anything else now though. (And it's not just about this mess. I've had to deal with a lot of stupid crap today.) I'm sorry.
thing is we need the announcement support to say hey smashfest is happening tomorrow
and
then and the fact 9 ppl that could come are in the hotel room that could be coming to the smashfest but we are at the tounry cause we have time and the ones not going are probly buzy this weekend. I shall attend when i can (money wise) since that sounds amazing

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
EDIT: Also, I JUST LEARNED THAT THE GIRL WHO REFUSED TO CHEER FOR HER RAPIST IS NOW BEING FORCED TO PAY $45,000 AFTER THE COURT REFUSED TO HEAR THE CASE. WTF?! Just learned bout the update to this old story from Danielle Corsetto (girlswithslingshots, anyone?) She linked the site http://www.helpthecheerleader.com/ ^^
I heard about that, and I don't know what to think about it TBH. She should have pressed charges against the rapist when he ***** her. Sueing the school for kicking her off the cheerleading team, regardless of the reason, was kind of dumb. Considering the case was thrown out, it makes sense she would have to pay the court costs.

Welcome to NEOH, enjoy your stay.

Why do you think I stopped announcing smashfests and just texted the people that had a chance of showing up at all? It's frustrating, but it's NEOH. 9/10 people are going to john out. Worst one for me was when I had 15 people confirmed, and 2 showed up.

thing is we need the announcement support to say hey smashfest is happening tomorrow
He did say it, and it was happening because people who weren't going to SiiS said they would show, and apparently didn't.

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
Thank you for helping to clarify Fro :).
Also, she did sue the guy. But apparently, **** kits take forever to get processed in texas (From what I hear) so it could be years apparently before the results are back (again, thats just what I hear) and the court/school decided it was a he said, she said situation and believed their star athlete could do no wrong. All he got was an assault (or battery...or was it sexual battery? I forget, but it was some sort of misdemeanor assault type charge) misdemeanor charge, and the school put him back on the team ASAP while telling her to stop doing all social activities to avoid drama with her rapist. IE no proms, dont eat in the cafeteria, and (assumedly) don't go to any games. Her COUNSELOR told her to continue those activities, probably in the effort to try n get her psyche back to a form of 'normality' through the use of a routine and having her continue to do the things she used to do before the trauma.

EDIT: Basically, he got accused of ****, and somehow got off with a misdemeanor assault charge and some community service, and bam, they decide to put him back on a team with an assault charge on his record (or it was wiped clean if he did the community service...im a lil hazy on the exact details cause its been a day or 2 since I read em on that site I listed via the people's comments) One commentator made a good point; you can't drop below a certain grade average or fail a single class in texas, but u can get misdemeanor assault charges and still be allowed to play. It's REALLY stupid :/

EDIT: Goes to show, sex in this country is treated as evil/sin/immature/wrong/not fit for discussion or public knowledge, but VIOLENCE IS A-OKAY :/
Sad part is, I only ever see 2 spectrums when it comes to sex crimes. Overkill (yes there is such a thing) that often times is proven to have been done on the innocent prior to any DNA results, and underkill for those are probably often actually guilty :/

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
True, but the part that enrages me is more about the rapist getting off clean than her lawsuit over being kicked off the cheer leading team.

Also, just want to point out, not sure if it's this way with all schools, but the top athletes at our school COULD not go below the GPA needed to make the team. I'm not saying that they had to stay above a certain GPA to play (pretty sure every school does that), I'm saying the school's teachers would not LET them go below that GPA, even if it meant giving them false grades. That, my friends, is some genuine Bovine Fecal Matter.

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
It happens in a lot of schools. People are way too ****ing obsessed about FOOTBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHL. I've heard of marriages ending, murders and ***** being committed, and every other 'common' crime under the sun being committed for, against, in the name of or in retaliation of sports.....ESPECIALLY with most of our fellow americans and their illogically insane and inane love of football. I'd like to point out that the only sport(s) that's caused almost as much in brain damage as football....ARE COMPETITIVE MARTIAL ART FIGHTS. Boxing especially with MMA quickly gathering their own little circle of self induced idiots.

EDIT: It's also amusing to look at Rugby, see that it's unpadded football, look at football....realize that, by the logic of having more pads and the padding being 'good quality' they ram into each other much faster and harder....Rugby has its injuries, but I dunno...Haven't heard of many rugby players getting brain damage by playing. Not to mention american hand egg is starting to get to the point where it's players seem to just intentionally try and cause as much damage as possible. It's always amused me that more significant injuries have occured more often in american football than hockey as well. People have had fingers, body parts, and throats slashed in hockey, as well as bones broken (hell, they try to injure the other team even more than football, even though they have more pads)...and football still has more brain damaged and crime committing players. /americanfootballrantends.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
smashfest
smashfest
havent been here for a few days and it slipped my mind....eon should have reminded me lol >.>

True, but the part that enrages me is more about the rapist getting off clean than her lawsuit over being kicked off the cheer leading team.

Also, just want to point out, not sure if it's this way with all schools, but the top athletes at our school COULD not go below the GPA needed to make the team. I'm not saying that they had to stay above a certain GPA to play (pretty sure every school does that), I'm saying the school's teachers would not LET them go below that GPA, even if it meant giving them false grades. That, my friends, is some genuine Bovine Fecal Matter.
isnt that the point for highschool athletes? football to be exact. im fighting to keep a 2.5 but the football player who doesnt do much else is sitting on a 3.0.....

another reason highschool is dumb.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
EDIT: It's also amusing to look at Rugby, see that it's unpadded football, look at football....realize that, by the logic of having more pads and the padding being 'good quality' they ram into each other much faster and harder....Rugby has its injuries, but I dunno...Haven't heard of many rugby players getting brain damage by playing. Not to mention american hand egg is starting to get to the point where it's players seem to just intentionally try and cause as much damage as possible. It's always amused me that more significant injuries have occured more often in american football than hockey as well. People have had fingers, body parts, and throats slashed in hockey, as well as bones broken (hell, they try to injure the other team even more than football, even though they have more pads)...and football still has more brain damaged and crime committing players. /americanfootballrantends.
Gonna correct you a bit there, having played a bit of Rugby myself when I lived in France.
For 7th grade level Rugby, and I want to point out this is not affiliated with school but recreational, there was ALWAYS at least one squad of paramedics on the field. All Rugby gives you is a helmet made of styrofoam... and that's it. Now it's less violent in that Football allows you to do things that Rugby absolutely will not allow. However, Rugby is still very violent, especially during the huddles, when people literally get trampled, and unlike in Football, you have virtually no protection.

TL:DR version: Rugby is way more dangerous than Football. Might not get you as much brain damage, but that's also because you spend half of every season on hospital leave and your career will be much shorter (+ tackles are different/you're only allowed to tackle a certain way that causes less concussion). So yeah, less brain damage, more everything else damage.

Top Bottom