• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEOH Thread - OP updated what?????

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Anyone have continuum shift 2 for ps3? Need to practice mah Noel sometime after I learn more combos/that Haida loop
Haidaaaaa <3

:phone:

e__

Smash Ace
Hey guys, this fall I'm going to college in Cleveland, does anyone here know if there's much of a smash scene (preferably melee) at Case Western? :D

Hey NEOH folks. Would you guys be up for a tournament week after Kiesters tournament down here in Wooster? I was planning on hosting something while I'm home from Florida for two weeks. Let me know if you guys are down for it!

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Potentially....
/Hope3 is that weekend, iirc though

But Beeeegs omg miss you buddy!
We need to have a smashfest/vidja gaem/drawing day

solecalibur

Smash Master
Should I be asking for a ride from u? Orrr should I get u (auspher), most likely getting obama as well

:phone:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Sole, Shugo, or Auspher: Can you guys please keep me posted at the goings on at Kiest's? Gonna be at a grad party/family vacation, but I wanna know whats going onnnn XD

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
Jiffy are you not seeing my stuff on MSN at all? ._.
And what's up with this new BB, how much did Bang get nerfed?

solecalibur

Smash Master
Sole, Shugo, or Auspher: Can you guys please keep me posted at the goings on at Kiest's? Gonna be at a grad party/family vacation, but I wanna know whats going onnnn XD
Do you and denzi need a ride?

edit- @blue not to badly but there are better picks as well

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Denzi is working and I have prior commitments sadly : ( Thanks for the offer dude

@Blue: NOEL IS TOP TIER. <3 And Makoto. And Jin. And Hazama. Basically....NOL tier.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Thanks to the magical powers of both begging and a complete lack of shame at doing so, I stopped work from ****ing me, proving once again that **** victims just aren't trying hard enough.
Anyway... I'm going to OUGA now, so I look forward to seeing all you guys there!

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Jus keep me updated on who wins what xD
Or how NEOH is doing please :'D

Cuuuz basically I know NEOH is awesome at representing.

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
NEOH is gonna go hard this tourney!!!!

Blue, I saw some of your msgs on MSN, none really pertaining to next weekend though. We should teamsie!!!!

I can probably drive and my car is looking like myself, Blue, Suyon (omg the trio, epic anime trips?!?!), and Rikku (if she wants a ride). These are the people I've talked to about it.

Suyon

Smash Lord
What... Noel top tier? Tempting to buy but not sure. What anout my wheelchair Rachel. Is she out of rehab? Yeah jiffy knowing my brawl lag style now huahohohhahahaho.

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
I long for the days when people didn't so openly enjoy playing characters they admit themselves are broken :( I blame Brawl and the coming of Meta Knight for this change...That and SF4's continuing of the Sagat = OP tradition...
EDIT: And MvC2's Sentinel/Magneto/Storm/Psyloche/Cyclops team combos....

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Playing broken characters has been around way longer than that :p

Also it makes sense if you're going to play competitively. Play to win my friend.
Plus, is it really smarter to NOT play the broken characters only because they are broken? Personally, if I enjoy a character, I play him regardless of where he is on the tier list (Ganon is the only exception, if only because I have a better chance at winning with Sandbag than I do Ganon. Jesus, Brawl Ganon makes Viewtiful Joe look good in Tatsunoko vs Capcom, and he was GARBAGE in that game.).

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
*shrug* If you TRULY enjoy the character, go ahead. But my issue lies more with those people who ONLY play to win, and they try to use the cheapest ****ing tactics to win. Fighters are not Starcraft/Warcraft. You don't lose sponsors that'll pay you $10 to $20k a year to do your best/win as much as possible. There are few sponsors for fighters, and the ones that are are more just 'yeah we supply em with their sticks n **** n make sure they're known. Advertising for us, less for them'. To my knowledge, no professional 'fighter' as it were is paid a yearly salary by a sponsor.

If this were starcraft/warcraft or another genre with SPONSORS, I could understand that. Sure you get the tournament money, but sponsors only sponsor you if you win. Even then, I have issues with people who will drop a race the second they think it's 'UP' or switch to a race/character the second they're 'op' BECAUSE they're 'op' not because they enjoy the character....

Am I making any sense...? ^^;

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
*shrug* If you TRULY enjoy the character, go ahead. But my issue lies more with those people who ONLY play to win, and they try to use the cheapest ****ing tactics to win. Fighters are not Starcraft/Warcraft. You don't lose sponsors that'll pay you $10 to $20k a year to do your best/win as much as possible. There are few sponsors for fighters, and the ones that are are more just 'yeah we supply em with their sticks n **** n make sure they're known. Advertising for us, less for them'. To my knowledge, no professional 'fighter' as it were is paid a yearly salary by a sponsor.

If this were starcraft/warcraft or another genre with SPONSORS, I could understand that. Sure you get the tournament money, but sponsors only sponsor you if you win. Even then, I have issues with people who will drop a race the second they think it's 'UP' or switch to a race/character the second they're 'op' BECAUSE they're 'op' not because they enjoy the character....

Am I making any sense...? ^^;
You're making sense, but you're also wrong. Sponsers do pay you. Not as much as Starcraft sponsers, but then most of those are from Korea where they pay their players way more anyway.

However, even taking sponsors out of the picture, you can still make money off of fighters just from prize money, ESPECIALLY in more conventional fighters. Honestly, that money can net you a lot more than sponsor money if you're good enough.

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
Yeah, I know for fighters tourny money is the main money. Didnt know sponsors paid here. I've never really seen anyone 'sponsoring' beyond 'madcats this' or 'razer that' n such. No fancy schmancy sponsor logo showing jackets, no 'uniforms' or anything like in RTS sponsored teams.

Back on point though...It's my belief that if you ENJOY the character, I won't mind as much if the character is OP. But if someone INTENTIONALLY keeps switching to the 'most OP' just so they can ALWAYS win rather than have a fun and/or challenging match...or if they abuse unfair combos/infinites/glitches...I have issues with those 2 situations ^^;. If they enjoy the character but they don't do anything too 'cheap' or 'unfair' I don't mind personally....Everyone has a pattern, and everyone has their weaknesses. No one, and no character, no matter how OP, is perfect...it's just the more OP, more of a pain in the *** it is to win...Look at MK n Snake dittos :/

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
We received a message from upper management at work today. Given the way they wrote the message and the general mood around the office, I have no doubt that my meeting tomorrow means that I (along with pretty much everyone else in the office) will be getting laid off. :(

I had a nice vacation planned out too with going to CoT5, checking out some places on the east coast, and then stopping by Hope 3 on the way home. Now that's out of the picture as well as a lot of things. Of particular interest here, I will have to put my tournament hosting plans on hold for a while. I don't plan on disappearing again though. I'll still be going to tourneys as normal since I've saved up a ton of money and such.

So when I said things have changed...yeah, I kinda knew it was coming. :urg:

solecalibur

Smash Master
I dont understand this softban for certain characters

Its like playing with your neighborhood friends and they make the dumbest rules in the world so your friends can have a chance of winning.

Unless its not in the rules abuse the heck outta it.

"you cant play link in soulcalibur"
"why"
"hes cheap"

"btw link is low tierrrr"

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
That really sucks Argent. Hope you find something new.

Wait, Link was low tier in SC2? Really?

Top Bottom