• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEOH Thread - OP updated what?????

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I think I team well w/ Sole but he doesn't like to team with me.

I do okay in teams I think. It's kinda hard getting a teammate tho.

:phone:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
VIVA ESPANA GAME LINEUP AS FOLLOWS
Brawl Singles/Doubles
Melee Singles/MAYBE doubles. Maybe.
MvC3 (idk what system....what do you cool cats prefer?)
BlazBlue CS2 (PS3)
For realsies tournament rules apply to these, despite the many newbies that will be there. Be nice and help em out if they have any questions : ) (Though, I'll have a nice area for info for everyone, just to be safe.)

Entry fee is looking to be $5 to accommodate those who are not tournament knowledgeable. $10 would scare em.

'Casual' tournaments include stuff like...
Let's Dance/other assorted 'HEY LETS DANCE GUISE' games.
DDR?
Guitar hero/rock band
maybe some sports games
Maybe a game in the parking lot. Something silly and fun.
basically fun stuff. Prizes for that will probably be like giftcards or bags o' candy.

Entry fees TBD for these random events.

Might even get some FPS games going like Black Ops or Halo if we can.

Deciding venue fees and whatnot....but its looking to be $5 venue, $4 if you prereg OR bring a set up, $3 with prereg + setup.
AND VENUE FEE GOES TOWARDS WESTLAKE AREA YOUTH'S TRIP TO SPAIN FOR WORLD YOUTH DAY.
Hence the name.
ohohoho.

Speaking of set ups...
We still need em. TVs. PS2/PS3/360/Wii/GC/Whatever! Games...yeah, those are important, too! And if you happen to randomly have those power brick thingies with all the outlets, please bring those. Those are VERY helpful.

Yeah, this **** is getting planned.

D

Deleted member

I think I team well w/ Sole but he doesn't like to team with me.

I do okay in teams I think. It's kinda hard getting a teammate tho.

I feel the same about teaming with Sole, lol.

At least if he's actually trying, we do well together(ie. playing a character he actually commonly uses).

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
Yah Sakuya's pretty much Snake with her omgwtf hitboxes while Alice is like... Link? maybe

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I knew it was coming. New smash bros in development for Wii U and 3DS. I heard Sakurai leading the project again though.

Suyon

Smash Lord
Oh maaaan a new smash bros....what do we ever do?!?!
But that means I need 3DS and Wii U =| and lol the last wii game i bought was probably Guilty Gear Accent Core or something. Also it'll be like 2-4 years for it to come lol. I also wonder if the system is finally in HDMI or Component settings.
Well back to my PS3.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
System is apparently HD prettiness.
I was kind of skeptical the entire press conference...but then I saw the shiny that is the 3rd party games...so I was okay with it.
I'm kind of iffy about the controller though. Analog sticks are near the top of the controller whyyyy?

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
System is apparently HD prettiness.
I was kind of skeptical the entire press conference...but then I saw the shiny that is the 3rd party games...so I was okay with it.
I'm kind of iffy about the controller though. Analog sticks are near the top of the controller whyyyy?
In the interview after they pointed out the video from 3rd parties was being run on ps3 and xbox but they should look the same

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
I just looked at Wii U. I want. Now...New smash bros eh? INB4morecharactersasunbalanceasMK/Snake/Diddy hur hur.
I can bring melee, I can bring 360 mvc3, I can bring ssf4 on 360, I can bring mvc2 (ps2), I can bring brawl, I can bring wii, I can brin GC, Argent will be able to supply at least 1 TV so 1 one of my things can be used I know that XD
I can probably bring a PS2. FYI I have very little unlocked on MvC2 atm...I may start working on it over the summer, especially if argent and/or jiggly wanna help contribute ;). I can bring a few FPS/TPS (Third person shooters) for 360 if you want some FPS games for fun lokii.
Whats the expected date again?

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Now Sakurai is saying they haven't started on the next game yet. They're trying to get Kid Icarus out first before they consider starting another project, and they might not have enough people to actually get the game going.

I don't believe a word of it. There's no way they'd make anew Nintendo system without a new Smash Bros. Expecting a trailer at E3 2012.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Now Sakurai is saying they haven't started on the next game yet. They're trying to get Kid Icarus out first before they consider starting another project, and they might not have enough people to actually get the game going.

I don't believe a word of it. There's no way they'd make anew Nintendo system without a new Smash Bros. Expecting a trailer at E3 2012.
i hope Roy will be in new smash game so i don't have to go back to melee to use him on Wii U :D

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
And Blue confirms his inner pedophilia. I can see why you'd think Links might play though :awesome:

I knew it was coming. New smash bros in development for Wii U and 3DS. I heard Sakurai leading the project again though.

My thoughts on the Wii U:
Woah woah woah! Disappointed? Were we watching the same things?
Did you not see that the Wii U, which will cost over $250, will allow us to play casual games with ALL the Wii attachments and add-ons that no one used for more than like 1 game, if even that? Wait, that Zapper looks different! Maybe we'll even get to buy a new Zapper attachment for $39.99?!

Plus a smash game announced on a console with a controller that looks like a cross between an I-pad and an etch-a-sketch?! Perhaps they'll sell us a $19.99 cable to allow us to hook up GC controllers to the Wii U, or even sell us a whole new Wii U controller attachment with GC layout for the low low price of $29.99!

Perhaps the most amazing aspect however is it's incredible ability to let you draw and even color your images. If only we had something that allowed us to express ourselves creatively in the form of drawn images; some kind of blank flat substance we could mark with colored liquids like, hypothetically speaking, ink. Sorry, I'm going on a really crazy tangent there. I'm so glad the Wii U will finally allow the development of drawing as an art form.
As if that weren't enough, it allows you to make video calls OVER THE INTERNET! Ladies and gentlemen, we are officially living in the future.

Seriously though, that trailer video (For reference, here it is, though I doubt any of you hasn't seen it: http://youtu.be/4e3qaPg_keg ) might make a good commercial when they release it to capture the casual market, but why are you going to a gaming convention advertising things like that it can draw and play Reversi? The people watching don't give 2 ****s about that.

Also, does anyone else see this video as a Wii add-on commercial as much as a Wii U trailer? Just look at the thing at 1:53. That whole thing combined has to cost like $400-500 just to zap some Miis in windows?

I'm also laughing at the Wiifit board part. Stay in shape by standing on the board and looking at your controller!

On a side note, the group at 2:50 has apparently never seen a bird before in their life.

The Zelda game did look good though.
To be fair, it will have both a Smash game and a Zelda game, so I will probably roll over, put on some lube and happily let them **** me.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Eon, please do! Would love to see some FPS action going.

I need to go bug my neighbor to let me play xbox...I need to learn to not fail so epically at FPS >__>
(Or to learn to consistently get headshots. YEAH SWAT MODE IN HALO -ded-)

Lol @ Blue. ALICEEEEEE.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Having trouble with headshots? Play Black Ops, where foot shots are sometimes headshots, but it doesn't really matter anyway, so aim for the groin!

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
But why would they do that to usssss ; A ;

I mean seriously...Gamecube controllers are considered to be freaking amazing by a lot of people....Why change a good thingggg ; ~ ;

solecalibur

Smash Master
Your implying Nintendo cares , =<
I wish Nintendo was a little sony in that aspect since you can hook up PS1 and PS2 controllers (with adapter)

Suyon

Smash Lord
I'm still playing games on my google tv that has a .25 - 1 second lag. Its annoying but I can get used to it. I can even play MW2 alright. Dunno about online. Brawl has a good 1-3 second lag. Still need to find out if I want to return it and get a crap hd tv.

I want people to carry fat boards controllers for the new wii for smash. Also you can use the classic controller. But in my perspective. I'm just oh cool w/e for the new wii. I have a laptop for many of those stuff. I guess it's cool you can draw but I never draw. I hardly even webcam too. Search through the Internet? Laptop right there or my tv or other lol consoles. I do like the swap image from controller to big tv and play from controller when using the tv for something else. But you can't do that for all the games it seems. Just look at the Zelda. You have a different menu at the controller. And for me. I would rather like to see my hearts at the main monitor then constantly keep looking down to see or holding upright constantly to play. Right now it's cool but not to me as of now. Also as I said wait for brawl in 2-4 years.

What would you do without me blue. What would you do.... Wouldn't be holding that flat doll if it weren't for me.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
What can I say Blue, I'm slow.

On a semi-related note, I really, really, REALLY dislike the create-a-character thing I've been hearing about for the new smash. It kind of breaks the premise of the game IMO and to me sounds like a thing to have what will probably be your Miis join the fray and turn the game into an even more casual game.

King~

Smash Champion
imm pretty sure the create a character thing is more of a, edit the characters with diffrent colors/coustumes type of thing not a real create a character. considering the nature of the characters i highly highly doubt nintendo would do that.

edit: i can no longer attend siis cause im schedualed to work sunday morning and no one wanted to take my shift

Suyon

Smash Lord
Blue can finally create his Alice!! Now that I think about it. I don't think I even have my own mii or I just never seen it for a long time lol. New smash ball. Create your own blob of doom!!

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Create a character is already in Brawl. All it takes is an SD card.

Also, loool at possible no GC controller for Smash 4. I'm still good Aw yeeeeah.

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
I have some ifs bout some of the E3 announcements...especially Wii U. I definitely agree with the quote from/of fro concerning it :/...Also, I called it. Ever since december of last year when he basically said 'i will never make anything as "Hardcore" as melee again. I feel that failed and wasnt received as well or as largely as brawl"' or he didnt enjoy making it or something like that...I was like 'well from this point its all dooooooownhill'
-------
I didnt bother/forgot to contact ITT...So I don't believe I'll be going to SiiS5...Fine anyway, I'd rather stay home this week. Had a bad-ish day today and Id rather just relax with games and hopefully some friends over the weekend...plus I woulda had no money for food, gas, or hotel or anything so it works out for the best :(
--------
that means argent, jiggly, us 3 and any others who dont go could hang out at argent's place on saturday or something for our own lil smashfest :D

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Fro, you gotta chill out, man. A lot of the things introduced with the Wii U (HD, 3rd part support, voice/video chat, etc.) has become pretty standard stuff that has been missing from Nintendo for a while now. I wouldn't discredit what they're doing. The huge freakin' touch screen controller raises a lot of questions though. The biggest in my mind is the price point of something that has a large touch screen, microphone, camera, "zero-latency" wireless capabilities, and is still sturdy and of good enough quality to meet their standards.

Eon, Sakurai said he wants to use Brawl as a sort of base model for the next game. Also I know how you talk about how Brawl is so imbalanced. He wants to get more people than just himself involved in the balance process. Honestly, I don't even know how you can balance a game as complex as Smash all by yourself.

Everyone, remember this game is 0% complete. I wouldn't get too worried about a "Create a Character" feature or anything just yet. Smash 4 is merely in conceptual stages at this point. I mean no one at Project Sora except for Sakurai even knew about these plans until they announced it at E3. Besides, the kind of concept I considered when I heard this was similar to what King mentioned. Of course anything can happen with Sakurai running things.

Lack of GC controller support wouldn't surprise me either. Based on a lot of trends I've seen, old technology doesn't tend to be carried across two generations. The technology is somewhat antiquated compared to what will be around once Wii U comes out. The design of the controller is really OK at best anyway. We're just more used to using it than anyone else that plays any other game out there. It won't be difficult to adjust to a new control scheme, particularly if they carry over the ability to change your controls.

So just relax...we'll hear more about all of this in due time. :)

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
I do agree with you and know that. They actually said that for all intents and purposes the entire and only reason for even announcing it was to try n get developers who would want to be hired to work on it XD Problem is...I heard they don't want to start until after the new Kid Icarus...
----
Argent the biggest problem people have is that, next to a fight stick, it's generally agreed that a controller has usually prevailed as the best peripheral for fighters. The wii mote has limitations and it suffers, no matter what it's best proponents say. Show me a winner of a grand huge multi thousand dollar smash tournament who used ONLY wii mote and/or wii mote + nunchuck.

Brawl isn't nearly alike enough to other fighters to be usable with a fight stick, and it's far too reliant on how one traverses such a large stage and how kills are performed. Thus, controllers are the best thing, and if they don't at least release a controller similar to the GC or a 'typical' controller....Trust me, there will be hell to pay, and his new precious smash game will NOT sell well. Even most of the casual people I know would prefer a controller to the ipad touch screen they want us to use :/. Then again, the age old saying stands I guess; 'wait and see' eh?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Argent, you seem really bad at seeing when I'm joking online :p

As I said though, all those features are nice, and would be great in an actual commercial. However, E3 is a gaming convention, so that would be a place more suited for showcasing the gaming aspect of it, which they absolutely did not do.

Right now though, it looks neat, but had very little on the gaming aspect, other than the fact that it will run the games that other current gen consoles have been running for a while and/or will run.

So yes, an expensive gaming console with innovative controls unveiled at a gaming convention that shows off only little features and casual games instead of how it will affect actual gaming or exclusive games that will come for it does in fact disappoint me.
When the same thing happened with the Wii I thought it was going to be the coolest thing and thought of how it might revolutionize shooters, Star Wars games, and pretty much anything wherein you might get any sort of sword-like weapon, or hell anything in which motion controls would be useful. Instead motion controls were used mainly for casual gaming and quick time events, and the console got like 6 great exclusives in it's existence.

So yeah, I'm not really going to get too optimistic until they show me it's an actual gaming console. It may turn out amazing; I'm not saying the opposite, but it unveiled so little on the 'gaming' side that I am simply not impressed, and from what they did show it looks like another casual gaming platform, which would also explain the controller's somewhat awkward layout.

Also they did say it was going to be at the very least $250.

As for the smash comments:

imm pretty sure the create a character thing is more of a, edit the characters with diffrent colors/coustumes type of thing not a real create a character. considering the nature of the characters i highly highly doubt nintendo would do that.
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/09/iwata_asks_smash_bros/

Actually, that is exactly what they are suggesting. Now it's not even in development yet, but that is the idea they are looking at right now. I'm just saying I don't like the idea not only for balance reasons, but that it would feel really odd to me to have, let's say, Link and Mario vs Samus and Custom Character 3. It just kind of undermines the premise of the game in a way.

I'm glad they're having a bigger team balance the game though. Didn't know Sakurai had done it all by himself for the last few. Brawl's actually fairly balanced for a one-man job then.

On a side note, I'm happy that in an interview on IGN they talk about the possibility of adding Capcom characters (http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1174797p1.html). There's a vote going on on the IGN site (So probably won't affect the game in any way whatsoever) in which, obviously Megaman tops the polls, but surprisingly Viewtiful Joe comes in second. Maybe there are enough fans out there to get him in a smash game after all :bee:

On an unrelated note... Seriously, look at those people in the Wii U trailer at 2:50! They are WAAAAAAAAAAY too excited/surprised by that bird making bird sounds.

EDIT:

Argent the biggest problem people have is that, next to a fight stick, it's generally agreed that a controller has usually prevailed as the best peripheral for fighters. The wii mote has limitations and it suffers, no matter what it's best proponents say. Show me a winner of a grand huge multi thousand dollar smash tournament who used ONLY wii mote and/or wii mote + nunchuck.
Actually, there are some really good players who have placed in big tournaments who use Wiimote-nunchuck. I know Y.b.M does off the top of my head. I can't remember for sure but I think Tearbear does too?

Also, just so you know, I heard someone say there's a plug on it like the Wiimotes have, meaning you can use a classic controller. If there isn't, you can be sure they'll sell you a new controller attachment for just $29.99!
Seriously though, I'm sure they'll have something for Smash. I mean, look at what they did for Brawl. They gave you just about everything short of a N64 controller.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Argent, you seem really bad at seeing when I'm joking online :p
Why yes I am. Thank you for noticing. :D Seriously though, I'm a random person who wants to express their opinions on thar fancy interwebs. (OK maybe not that seriously...)

I'm not saying anyone has to use a Wiimote in any fashion when it comes to controllers. I'll probably be using Classic Controller Pro myself if it ends up being an option. But something viable for a fighting game will be there. I'm 100% certain of that.

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
yay for video photoshop skills to the extreme. There are a few points in the video section with the shuriken where I swear its hovering in the air and not on the tv/controller. Digital erase fail amirite.

I agree with fro on this; no one's saying it's not amazing...but like with the wii, the POTENTIAL is there...but they've shown us that, at least for this year's E3, they have nothing truly heavy in the 'gamers really want this' department beyond LoZ, which is a given...

EDIT: Oh I know...I just don't like the aspect that I'll have to get another controller (hur hur) although it would give me something for VC games, and it DOES bring me back to my SNES games....also, argent. get on skype you lazy *** :3

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Rikku, you know where I live. And you live like 5 minutes away (maybe 7, if you get all the lights on Lorain)
This must happen <3

Top Bottom