• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEOH Thread - OP updated what?????

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Picking up that Pikachu again? XD

Thought you hated MK with an undying passion though?

clowsui

Smash Legend
His Pikachu is actually pretty good. I think I'll do better next time against it though, the fact that he picked Pika alone threw me off my rhythm :urg:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Pikachu makes me :mad:

KB we need to play friendlies at the next smashfest :< I wanna learn that MU now.

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
Update my info for me will you dear queen :3.
Brawl: Marf, Wolf, Falco.
Also, switch me to active, since hopefully I'll be startin to attend Fro's smash fests and argent lives close enough to me that me n him could practice on weekends/days he's free...

clowsui

Smash Legend
@sole

you/KB: "blind pick"
me: *marth*
you/KB: ZSS/Peach

55/45 MUs that I am bad at + have not very much exp in

me: *loses game 1* fak

yall **** know my marth is booty anyways, he just...does stuff

even if i did work in hella friendlies w/ him

Denzi

Smash Master
Pika MU isn't too bad once you get the hang of it. It all comes down to the grab really.

And Clowsui, doesn't Marth beat both Peach and ZSS?

Lokii, mind just changing my sub to :metaknight: For now please?

Denzi

Smash Master
I'm working on it. Not much going on in Falco-Land anyway, so I'm considering hanging in the MW threads more. And my desire to post here increases as a direct result of my tournament/smashfest attendance, generally speaking.

clowsui

Smash Legend
marth v zss is even or 55-45 marth, marth v peach is the same way

zss just her juggle game + her momentum power rivaling marths + side b make marth re-evaluate his near/mid spacing game

peach's fair outranging marth's + edgeguarding power vs marth is really good as well as her ability to pressure him using block strings and turnip. marth doesn't get free anything vs peach and has to be really creative about conservative/aggressive swings. getting momentum vs peach involves a high precision zoning game that i can only maintain when i'm in god mode with marth, which is once every four or five matches or so lol

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Chi is correct, Marth vs ZSS is widely regarded as a completely even matchup.

Marth vs Peach depends on the Peach player and each players' respective matchup experience. It will either be 50-50 or 60-40 in Marth's favor if the Peach doesn't know how to play it properly. Both characters are naturally required to play a high precision game against one another. The only real early-killing threat to their stocks are tipper nairs/smashes/tilts from Marth and rogue u-smashes/gimps/special pulls by Peach.

solecalibur

Smash Master
I havn't seen KB lose to a marth either who cares about numbers as the stocks still read 0 with zss still reading 3 when im done with you =3

Denzi

Smash Master
I've just heard a lot of 60-40 in terms of Marth/Peach, and I've heard complaints about the Marth/ZSS matchup as well. I wasn't commenting on individual player skill or anything. I know you guys are good :p

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
Be glad you're not a melee player then Lokii. Brawl Marf plays COMPLETELY different from Melee Marf. Blades, while great (especially the spike), is not nearly as useful or seen much in melee. In brawl, Marf's pretty much required to use it to wrack up the damage at low percentages because his knockback, range, and hitstun for his aerials are all hella reduced. On the ground, his fsmash is so short it's insane, and his tilts are also severely lacking in range and hitstun/knockback :<. They play like 2 completely different characters in a LOT of ways, and imo, Brawl marf isn't always as fun :/...Plus, juggling 2 characters with same attacks, moves names, etc. etc., that play COMPLETELY different can, at times, be a little.....uh....frustrating....
EDIT: Bugger....Hmm...Could you replace melee falco with Dr Mario? Or put a / between them? Forgot bout him...

clowsui

Smash Legend
brawl marth = grabs to shift momentum, use aerials as mix up game + juggling tools and tilts to reduce options on ledge.

melee marth = dd grab in order to create throw setups, use aerials as mix up game and tilts/smashes to reduce options and aerials to trap opponent

sound pretty similar to me, lol

clowsui

Smash Legend
Marth/ZSS is just really obnoxious. Marth's range is just unfun to deal with, imo.
you're not good at putting me in the air or scaring me when i'm trying to attack

pivot side b more, force me into aerial approaches so that you can make small adjustments to bait me into getting hit by annoying moves like dsmash/side b/dash attack/paralyzer

zss v marth is a game of zoot waiting for increments in order to do huge damage

Denzi

Smash Master
It's no fun when you quote it; That makes things too simple >:

And yeah, once you get in on Marth you get some pretty big swings; he's a rather momentum-based character.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
you're not good at putting me in the air or scaring me when i'm trying to attack

pivot side b more, force me into aerial approaches so that you can make small adjustments to bait me into getting hit by annoying moves like dsmash/side b/dash attack/paralyzer

zss v marth is a game of zoot waiting for increments in order to do huge damage
Thanks for teh tips, dude.

It's no fun when you quote it; That makes things too simple >:
Hah. :p

clowsui

Smash Legend
Yarrrrr, no problem.

Your letter is coming sometime soon...maybe >>; I've been meaning to respond, I've just been procrastinating hw which means I don't have time to write back.

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
Well, when I watch other, far better brawl marfs, and even when I play...I notice a few things;
low % = Marf almost ALWAYS does Blades. Occasionally a marf will toss in a few nairs, a grab, or a risky fair to mix it up.
Melee marfs, for the most part, avoid blades like the plague. At low %, we do rely on grabs, you're right, but it's, imo, not our main way that we tend to approach. Most marfs in melee at low % tend to do nairs n fairs for a juggle in a vain attempt to do a ken :p. Past certain %'s, we tend to rely on grabs quite a bit more to mix it up and our tilts become very useful for spacing and controlling our juggling game.

Both marfs rely on grabs, but melee marfs do it more than most brawl marfs I see, just like brawl marfs do blades more than melee. *shrug*

I WILL agree on the momentum thing. Stop a marf's momentum, and unless they're good at recovering from the sudden stop and/or reversal, the game is in the opponent's court near completely. It's why we rely SO much on our juggling game when it comes to controlling. If we get the juggle started a bit then the momentum, at least a bit, is in our favor, and from there we have to know how to build it with each character *shrug*. Melee n brawl marfs just build the momentum in different ways, as should be expected...IMO it's a bit harder to keep the juggle up in brawl at either high or low % because low the opponents can retaliate before our animation is finished, and at higher % they fly farther and can usually air dodge or retaliate before we get back within range....

solecalibur

Smash Master
i believe our record is 3-2 my favor in overall matches, so i could say the same for you ;)

get at me zoot kid
I'd like to add I was playing zelda for the 1-2 was added in there xD
I cant think , lets see I beat you at that cinci tounry +1 , I beat you at delta +1 , some other delta -1, Zelda +1, Some random event I forgot with zelda -1, MLG Zelda -1 , Schools in session MM +1 , schools in session Pools -1

4-3 , unless Im forgetting something

edit - Marth from melee to brawl isn't that different , his sword just got smaller , why where there so many good marths when the game just came out? He wasn't that different to play

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
He's quite a bit different. His aerials don't pack enough of a punch beyond the nair to be used at low %. Marth in melee used aerials frequently and consistently at almost all % in melee from 0 to 150.
Brawl marf almost REQUIRES quite a bit of use from his blades, even though the marf still has decide which situations are best for blades; Melee marfs barely use blades.
They both grab to switch it up and set some things up, but it's used MUCH more frequently in melee because he could get a few grabs in one after the other; in brawl, it's a bit easier to avoid/tech his 'chain grab', not to mention brawl marfs just don't use it QUITE as much.
The most common difference is just the range/knockback/hitstun, which I think we can all agree on. However, where as you guys think the differences end there, they really don't. With all 3 of those reduced, he's got to get in a lot closer, and a few of his moves are still just as laggy as melee, only now you don't have the range (on ground or in air), the knockback, the hitstun, or the L-cancelling to make up for it. He DOES play an entirely different game at low %, and in general, on the ground in brawl vs his melee match ups. His aerial game is practically the same, I'll give ya that, it's just harder and takes a bit longer to get going since at low % his aerials don't knock them far enough nor stun them long enough to get another hit in and/or avoid retaliation...

solecalibur

Smash Master
He's quite a bit different. His aerials don't pack enough of a punch beyond the nair to be used at low %. Marth in melee used aerials frequently and consistently at almost all % in melee from 0 to 150.
Hit stun changed

The most common difference is just the range/knockback/hitstun, which I think we can all agree on. However, where as you guys think the differences end there, they really don't. With all 3 of those reduced, he's got to get in a lot closer, and a few of his moves are still just as laggy as melee,
His sword was shortened

only now you don't have the range (on ground or in air), the knockback, the hitstun, or the L-cancelling to make up for it. He DOES play an entirely different game at low %, and in general,
Hittt stun is different

on the ground in brawl vs his melee match ups. His aerial game is practically the same, I'll give ya that, it's just harder and takes a bit longer to get going since at low % his aerials don't knock them far enough nor stun them long enough to get another hit in and/or avoid retaliation...
Shorter sword and hit stun

So his sword got shorter and is still sorta compensating for something marth doesn't have and the hit stun in the game changed (Not as many CGs , Fair Fair "combo" )

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
...I'm FINALLY starting my paper >__> WOO!
(just had to vent some emotions spontaneously in a facebook note first. Yeah. I'm dead serious.)

Top Bottom