• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEOH Thread - OP updated what?????

D

Deleted member

My only gripe about projectors is that with improper lighting, it can be hard to see on some levels, especially Jungle Japes.

I remember watching Rikku fight some Snake, and I couldn't see his grenades or mines AT ALL. Neither could she.

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
Well yeah...But the location I have available for us to use most of december already HAS a projector and screen combo. (a **** good sized one too imo)

solecalibur

Smash Master
My only gripe about projectors is that with improper lighting, it can be hard to see on some levels, especially Jungle Japes.

I remember watching Rikku fight some Snake, and I couldn't see his grenades or mines AT ALL. Neither could she.
There should be a way to lighten the contrast but Im not sure how to yet

solecalibur

Smash Master
Your mixing up what projectors im talking about , and before getting to off subject , the contrast in the class room behind the normal OUGA is because it was inactive for a certain period of time or it was just warming up (like TVs turn dark after a period of time)
The one next to the ouga room (to the left when entering the room) is just ****ed up hands down

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I've heard more bad than good about projectors, honestly xD I'm taking NEOH's opinions for it though, since i havent had much experience (besides Shinbokucon...which was a joke...)...so yeahhhhh

Also, for the whole snowfest thing Eon, it's not that i dont like the projector idea, its the fact that the whole idea for snowfest was having an area to hang out in the snow during the smashfest, and if i can get permission to use part of the rec center, we'd have an entire snowhil PLUS playground PLUS pure snow covered land at our disposal.
...Which would be pretty legit.
Hoping i get my board by then so i can test it out on the hill. I need to practice riding switch.

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
I've always wanted to snowboard...Had one once but was too much of a ***** to use it XD.
And ah, that makes sense...Yeah, I just figured I'd offer since the library does still have pretty big rooms, and It didn't necessarily have to be for snowfest itself...Just figured that the location, as another smash fest location in addition to fros, could help promote NEOH...especially round my area...so many people think they're so good on itemless matches and then they suck...kinda like what bead told me was the deal with uh...I think it was kent or columbus or somewhere lol

Bead

Smash Ace
@Auspher - That match was just stupid. I got revenge on him in the next match though =p

Nothing wrong with projectors for viewing for mass amounts, like at Nopes/OUGA but no playing on them. It's just bad

@Eon - umm? what?

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'm going to slaughter Ohayocon's tournament (with the exception of Kel if he goes), lol. What kind of prizes can be won? And is it top 3 or what?

It'll be my first con ever btw.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Youre going to Ohayocon??? :o Epic! See ya there!

Beware, their tournaments are said to be AWFUL unless they'll SOMEHOW let someone from SWF host.
...which usually doesnt happen T__T

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
I wish I could go to ohayocon...Haven't been to a con :(....Also, I believe it was you bead...I think I was talkin bout how I have a lack of friendlies and no one near me really plays it, and I think you mentioned that there was a scene of like 20+ people that used to be around, but it kinda died...you asked, people said they play, you played n said they sucked....

Bead

Smash Ace
I wish I could go to ohayocon...Haven't been to a con :(....Also, I believe it was you bead...I think I was talkin bout how I have a lack of friendlies and no one near me really plays it, and I think you mentioned that there was a scene of like 20+ people that used to be around, but it kinda died...you asked, people said they play, you played n said they sucked....
I dont think NEOH was ever that big. At most we had like 10 actives. But Akron does have decent size smash fests twice a week

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
I dunno man, I'm pretty sure it was you cause your the only person who's car I have been inside that I talked smash to/about. All I know is, you talked bout a scene dying or being dead or you going to some college smash scene, it sucking, etc. etc.

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
I do listen. I swear that's what you said. You said something bout people at a college campus and it's area who played smash, but when you played them, you beat them quite easily.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I'm going to slaughter Ohayocon's tournament (with the exception of Kel if he goes), lol. What kind of prizes can be won? And is it top 3 or what?

It'll be my first con ever btw.
Kel's going. :awesome:
So am I. :awesome:
And Steel Samurai too. :troll:

get 513'd hoe

yes i know i haven't beat you recently

Youre going to Ohayocon??? :o Epic! See ya there!

Beware, their tournaments are said to be AWFUL unless they'll SOMEHOW let someone from SWF host.
...which usually doesnt happen T__T
MX is running it this year, I think. Not sure if it's FFAs yet.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I do listen. I swear that's what you said. You said something bout people at a college campus and it's area who played smash, but when you played them, you beat them quite easily.
You are wrong. I wasn't at your table when it was said, but that would be Scribble talking, probably at Denny's, about the people from Sinclair community college in Dayton, who are NOT part of the active smash scene, but would join in whenever one of us brought it in.

Also, last minute smashfest tomorrow at 4.

D

Deleted member

And getting rid of every stage that's not Battlefield, Final Destination, and Smashville.

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
No It wasn't said at Dennys...Cause it was talked bout in a car....Cause it was sunny....I THINK it may have been on the way to Suyon's....Cause I was *****in bout how there was no one near me who played smash and those that said it never seemed to have much skill competitive wise...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Ah, thought I sent you a text. Smashfest is today. Might be one Thurs, but if there is it'll be announced an hour beforehand (got more important sttuff to do, but if I finish early, there'll be a smashfest).

Also, Sole, you should. Should have done it more throughout the day, but I had some matches where I stayed on that ledge for minutes at a time. Apply a ledge grab limit or at least I shall try to show you why you should.

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
....Yes, dear god yes. Fro spent so many time near the edge, on the ledge, and in the air inbound back towards the ledge in our Marth v Mario it wasn't funny...160% tipper surviving *******...

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
ed:^ How is Mario getting away with planking against Marth? ew

Apply a ledge grab limit or at least I shall try to show you why you should.
I doubt you can.

and lol at using a match where the planker loses against a horrible character against planking to support a lgl
:glare:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
So long as Norfair's not on the stagelist 35 is fine. If it is then make a higher count for that stage IMO.

Lol Blue, that's harsh but there's a reason I said 'try'.

solecalibur

Smash Master
So long as Norfair's not on the stagelist 35 is fine. If it is then make a higher count for that stage IMO.

Lol Blue, that's harsh but there's a reason I said 'try'.
Norfair 45, probly

ed:^ How is Mario getting away with planking against Marth? ew

I doubt you can.

and lol at using a match where the planker loses against a horrible character against planking to support a lgl
:glare:
Still a good example as if he missed = death it was kinda a shot in the dark if u ask me , didnt feel like lurking around that much , its really that not difficult to find something like that, but good enough example and I dont want it holding up the tounry

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
"I doubt you can" because it's just not degenerate enough..l, unless you're MK with tons of experience/focus for it.

Shot in the dark? I doubt Shugo was just standing there and just said "**** it" and jumped(Actually no i don't lol). MK + uairs for no reason away from Falco + getting anxious probably that time is running up + Falco fall speed and lolprioity dair = that.
As for holding up the tourney, I'll just "aircamp" all my matches to time in protest in Overswarm-style.
At least make it MK only.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Oh haha, I thought you meant I couldn't take the lead against a good player (which I concede is probably true... Someday I'll be decent...)

Mario isn't bad on the ledge, but his planking can be beat fairly easily if you know how. That being said, I didn't plank you Eon. Just lots of ledge play.

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
Did I say/infer planking? Sorry...I just meant that he NEVER left the ledge area....WHILE surviving high % tippers....******* has mad DI...Yeah, he didn't plank me. He just DI'd.
Every.
Fsmash.
Tipper.
Hell, he DI'd a full charged neutral B tipper! Course you were only 70% afterwards but still....
EDIT: Honestly I kinda want the replay from Alus....I'm eager to see the last part, cause I've been thinking...if I had done a ledge drop to jump and nair or uair...Could I have turned it into a win? Because obviously the 100%+ slow as *** get up attack cost me the game there but...ya know....what if... :/

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Psst...guys...we have a tourney in less than a month...
GO NEOH~ 2 tournies within 2 months. Pretty legit.

solecalibur

Smash Master
"I doubt you can" because it's just not degenerate enough..l, unless you're MK with tons of experience/focus for it.

Shot in the dark? I doubt Shugo was just standing there and just said "**** it" and jumped(Actually no i don't lol). MK + uairs for no reason away from Falco + getting anxious probably that time is running up + Falco fall speed and lolprioity dair = that.
As for holding up the tourney, I'll just "aircamp" all my matches to time in protest in Overswarm-style.
At least make it MK only.
Go for it , Just dont make it look like stalling ( I wont be that strict but stalling is stalling)

@Bufu Im considering not having norfair or pictochat , Im still 50/50 about it so we might not need the extra rule anyways

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
160% tipper can be survived near the edge of the stage? :/
EDIT: I mean, I know Brawl is all HURF DURF UBER LIVINGSTON when it comes to Marf since his ability to KO is reduced in a lot of ways but I mean come on...really? Tipper kills worse than some kinds of fsmashes?

Top Bottom