• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - NO SPOILERS, USE THE SPOILER THREAD PLEASE

Spire

III
BRoomer
I thought you got magic rings that turned you into stuff. Maybe I'm wrong, but thats what I've heard.
Yeah, there were rings that turned you into a Moblin and I'm pretty sure a Subrosian also. But the others were mounts that were summoned (can't remember if it was by rings or an ocarina or what).

Spire

III
BRoomer
pretty sure they all were called by flutes
Aye that's right. I almost said that, but thought otherwise.

Those were really good games. A shame the Mystical Seed of Courage never saw development and release.

Chaco

Never Logs In
The Kangaroo and Bear were summoned by flutes, and I personally liked the ring system. It was interesting.

Spire

III
BRoomer
They were cool, but the rings were totally a play on the masks in MM, seeing as how the Oracles drew a ton of inspiration from OoT/MM, even going so far as to just rip the characters out of the games. Back then, I didn't think much of it, I was just like, "oh look, the same characters, cool," but now I'm like, "MUST BE A DIFFERENT DIMENSION OR TIME WARP OR SOMETHING :mad:".

Chaco

Never Logs In
I think the rings were one of the first steps towards a more typical "RPG-y" style that were soon taken out. Since then, nothing like them have really been included. They had tons of different abilities, iirc there were 50 different types of rings ranging from power ups, to shape ****ing per se, and to avoiding curses.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I think the rings were one of the first steps towards a more typical "RPG-y" style that were soon taken out. Since then, nothing like them have really been included. They had tons of different abilities, iirc there were 50 different types of rings ranging from power ups, to shape ****ing per se, and to avoiding curses.
That's true. I completely forgot about that.

Man, the Oracles were grand ol' games. I really hope they include elements like them into Zelda Wii, but if possible, disguise the "+2 strength" kind of bonuses with Zelda terminology, and please Nintendo, expand the dictionary.

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
So this new game is supposed to have the oldest link we have ever had in a game right? So, although we can see clearly that the link in this art picture/promo art, doesnt look that much older. So I think I would be much more saticfied with this guy:

It looks like a gears of war link:laugh:. But seriously, ganon would piss his pants if this guy came to get rid of him,right?

D

Deleted member

Really am looking forward to Zelda Wii 2. Given that this is suppose to be Wii's showcase title, I don't see why we should not support the game.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Lol, THE LEGEND OF ZELDA MAJORAS BOFLEX!
The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda: Adventure of Boflex
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Boflex
The Legend of Zelda: Boflex's Awakening
The Legend of Zelda: Boflex of Time
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Boflex
The Legend of Zelda: Boflex of Seasons
The Legend of Zelda: Bowflex of Ages
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Boflex
The Legend of Zelda: The Boflex Cap
The Legend of Zelda: Four Boflexes
The Legend of Zelda: Four Boflexes Adventures
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Boflex (Boflex Princess?)
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Boflex
The Legend of Zelda: Boflex Tracks

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
[/U][/IMG]
The Legend of Zelda
That post has massive case of win:laugh:
BTW I would call it BOFLEX PRINCESS:p

Spire

III
BRoomer
The Legend of Zelda
Hahahahaha oh man oh man oh man. Next time I play through a Zelda game (not Zelda Wii), I'm naming Link "Boflex".

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
What I want for Zelda Wii:
1. Something either more steampunk (not full on steampunk, just the addition of things like the trains in ST) or a more Aztec kind of thing.
2. Should also be darker, not blood/gore/emo darker, just not as kiddy.
3. Get rid of that stupid-*** Link model, it is terrible.
4. New and interesting items, bosses and dungeons. They are what make Zelda too me.
5. Multiplayer maybe? Four Swords style?
6. Maybe a more in-depth fighting system where moving the nunchuck around moved your shield around in game and moving the wii remote around moved your sword around. Would make fighting with the wii much more fun than in TP.
7. Market it to gamers please, no more "casual gamer" bull****. Give me difficulty settings or GTFO.
8. Do something different. We get it, OoT is the best Zelda game, bla bla bla. That doesn't mean that every game after it has to be OoT 2.0 with slightly different storyline/dungeons/bosses/etc...
9. NO MORE GANONDORF! I am sick of him, he is the most 2-dimensional villain ever ('cept in WW), give us a new baddy. Someone with depth and story. TP's Zant was amazing until it was revealed that, Ganon was behind it.

Rant over.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
lol at the king k rool. too good.

I disagree with getting rid of ganondorf though, I say keep him in. It's barely a zelda game without him.
*cough* Link's Awakening, one of the greatest Zelda games ever *cough*

Lol @ K. Rool BTW

Seriously though, he is boring. Might be alright if they revamp him with a new backstory and all, but seriously, he just wants world domination.

If that doesn't scream 1-dimensional what does?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^lol I always thought Zant was pretty cool. Everything about him, actually. They could just make a M-rated Zelda game where some Voldo-moving like villian kills everyone <.<. I doubt that'd happen though.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
Get this, folks, Miyamoto said that it is "possible" that Zelda Wii will be using the Wii's new Vitality meter. He didnt give specifics, and he only mentioned it briefly (There were only like two sentences on the subject), but it seems interesting.

here's what he said (I know, I am epic failing by simply copying off the main page of Zeldawiki.org... I dont care):
“So maybe you might like to ask me to incorporate the Vitality Sensor into Zelda so that as you become more scared, the enemies become even tougher.”

Thats neat! This was actually the first time I've even heard of the vitality meter. It sounds really cool, since it basically understand emotion and effects the game. Still... This thing looks painful:

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I never thought I would say this about a new console Zelda but if that thing is incorporated I might have to give the game a pass.
Eh. Don't write it off before you try it. It may have a cool use, and even then, it's not confirmed as of yet. I doubt Nintendo would use a huge IP such as Zelda to give the vitality censor a test run.

Spire

III
BRoomer
If the vitality censor was a wrist band rather than a finger splint, then it would be much more applicable. It could read your pulse from your wrist while your hand is still occupied with the nunchuk (meaning the vitality censor would need a redesign so that after plugging it in, you could then plug the nunchuk in to the end of it also, effectively using three peripherals. Nintendo wants to incorporate the player into the game as much as possible, and if they could deliver an awesome Wiimotion+ experience using the Wiimote and the nunchuk and incorporate your heart rate into the difficultly using the vitality censor, then by gollie that would be the best game of all time. It would truly be playing Zelda like never before.

Currently, your active heart in your health bar is enlarged and beats when you're close to dying. If it would beat faster in correspondence to your actual heart beat, that would be amazing on too many levels. You could read your level of fear, anxiety, and passiveness from simply looking at your hearts. It would give them a whole new meaning, thus tying the player to staying alive more, because if those hearts are beating and dwindling to nothing, then psychologically, you might feel that YOU are close to dying, which would motivate you to stay alive in an otherwise really difficult game. It could be the best gaming experience of all time.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Oh yeah. It's a decent concept for a peripheral but how are you supposed to hold the god **** analog comfortably with this hunk of plastic clamped on your finger?

edit: look at it. look at that thing.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Oh yeah. It's a decent concept for a peripheral but how are you supposed to hold the god **** analog comfortably with this hunk of plastic clamped on your finger?

edit: look at it. look at that thing.
I know man. If it had been a wristband, it would be perfect, but instead we get a finger splint :ohwell:

Spire

III
BRoomer
Assuming it clapms onto your hand like a peg, it would just be like having a nunchuck in your hand without having to hold it. Doesn't look that uncomfortable to me.
It slips over your finger. You already grip the nunchuk with your offhand, so you'd probably have to put it on your middle finger because the index will be used to press Z and C.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Maybe it's just being used for 1 item? Like how the bow and Clawshots worked in TP? I doubt Nintendo would go testing with one of their biggest and best franchises.

Alzi

Smash Master
Well you can't connect the wii nunchuck in if the vitality sensor is in.

I think It will be used but not for actual gameplay more of a fun side event in the game.

Wuss

Smash Champion
Maybe it's just being used for 1 item? Like how the bow and Clawshots worked in TP? I doubt Nintendo would go testing with one of their biggest and best franchises.
I feel like this whole vitality sensor thing is stupid, because if it's part of the game, it'll probably be a must, and then that means we have to buy a periphery just to play a zelda game? f that. I'm not buying it. period. I feel like they wouldn't include it for one item if they make you buy it or attach it to the game with a price bump or something stupid. It's either going to be in there all the way or not at all. Personally, I hope it's left out. Let nintendo have fun including the vitality sensor in some dumb cooking or exercise game.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I feel like this whole vitality sensor thing is stupid, because if it's part of the game, it'll probably be a must, and then that means we have to buy a periphery just to play a zelda game? f that. I'm not buying it. period. I feel like they wouldn't include it for one item if they make you buy it or attach it to the game with a price bump or something stupid. It's either going to be in there all the way or not at all. Personally, I hope it's left out. Let nintendo have fun including the vitality sensor in some dumb cooking or exercise game.
You're already going to have to buy a motionplus for Zelda Wii.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I hope the Vitality thing is left out just because I don't want to deal with switching between the nunchuk and it mid-game. Nothing quite like having to alter one's controls to ruin the immersion experience. But all we can do is hope at this point, and wait and see.

Jonas

Smash Champion
He says it should NOT be emo darker :bee:
Actually I'd like the game to be sort of lighthearted and fantasy-ish like The Wind Waker. Of course it needs to have its own style, but I just disagree with the idea that everything has to be darker and more serious.

Top Bottom