• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - NO SPOILERS, USE THE SPOILER THREAD PLEASE

Beware the Jabberwocky

Smash Apprentice
It wouldnt hurt, but would it happen? So far, Epona has been in three of the main "realistic" games. she has been a pretty big deal story-wise through out those three games. Though she is more or less a generic horse, she has made quite the impression in the Zelda franchise. I'm not saying that I would be overall upset to see a different horse than Epona, but I dont think it would happen... ever. They could get rid of epona in a game to make way for a new non-horse form of transportation (i.e trains, dimitri, etc.), but all horse-related transportation will probably be/look like Epona.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
But come on, guys, she's a freaking horse. There doesn't need to be much personality, right? It's not like she talks to you or anything.
Even though, if you transform into a wolf, she will tell you to return to human form.
Surely she could be replaced, but Nintendo probably wouldn't do it.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
You think so? I dont think it's even possible to bring another horse into Zelda now. It's like if Mario cracked open an egg and didnt find Yoshi. It cant happen and wont happen.

But I must say that the necessity for horse-back riding ends halfway through every game. Soon calling Epona and having to measure the amount of "whacks" you give your horse before it slows down gets very tedious. I either warp or run as a wolf to get places faster.

I wish there was a way to make the horse-back more necessary, but I cant think of one.
I haven't played TP since it first came out but I remember Epona being way way faster than Wolf Link, even with the kick limit

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
I was disappointed with the lack of interaction possible with Epona in TP. "Sweet I can talk to Epona!" *Few Seconds Later* "That was weak..."

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
I think everyone has heard of the valley of the flood, and how it is not real.

But for those who have no clue what era it was going to be in,or anything about it for that matter, allow me to explain. It was a de-bunked game idea that turned out to be just a book cover. It was going to take place in a steam-punk type hyrule. You would play the role of some dude pretending to be link (or something like that any way). But again its not real.

The reason I brought it up was that I wanted to sea what you guys thought about the whole idea of the time era. I for one would love to play a zelda game like this!

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yeah, it was supposed to be based in the Adult Timeline. The story was about Hyrule being flooded over a long period of time, so you would be playing through the game as the water levels are rising. Hyrule had advanced into steampunk-like technology so there were trains and well, everything you see in the above pic. You play as a character who wanted to be like the fabled Hero of Time, so he dressed like Link, but because he was not Link, could not live up to the hero's purpose and would thus not survive the ordeal with Ganon.

Honestly, I'd love to see Nintendo take Zelda to any sort of time period, be it like Ancient Greece, steampunk, or futuristic.

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it was supposed to be based in the Adult Timeline. The story was about Hyrule being flooded over a long period of time, so you would be playing through the game as the water levels are rising. Hyrule had advanced into steampunk-like technology so there were trains and well, everything you see in the above pic. You play as a character who wanted to be like the fabled Hero of Time, so he dressed like Link, but because he was not Link, could not live up to the hero's purpose and would thus not survive the ordeal with Ganon.

Honestly, I'd love to see Nintendo take Zelda to any sort of time period, be it like Ancient Greece, steampunk, or futuristic.
I actually really want to read the book now though:laugh:.

I think it was called Perdido street station, It looks really cool!

Spire

III
BRoomer
By easier gameplay, I have a feeling that he's not referring to difficulty level, but rather how you play the game, hence the incorporation of WiiMotion+ for seamless action. Also, if those rumors from a while back are true, then Epona will automatically dodge obstacles when fighting on her, so that hints at how they're easing up the gameplay to be user-friendly.

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
By easier gameplay, I have a feeling that he's not referring to difficulty level, but rather how you play the game, hence the incorporation of WiiMotion+ for seamless action. Also, if those rumors from a while back are true, then Epona will automatically dodge obstacles when fighting on her, so that hints at how they're easing up the gameplay to be user-friendly.
What do you think the chances are of it being a Majora's Mask sequel?

MattV1

Smash Apprentice
I don't see what the big deal is about sequels. I love the direct sequel from time to time, but really does every game need to be directly connected now? I don't mind distant connections that are implied (or even blatant, ala Spirit Tracks), but does every game REALLY need to be related to another? MM doesn't need a sequel, but if we are going to get a sequel, I hope it's something different. I'm tired of games feeling the need to build off of Ocarina...

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I don't see what the big deal is about sequels. I love the direct sequel from time to time, but really does every game need to be directly connected now? I don't mind distant connections that are implied (or even blatant, ala Spirit Tracks), but does every game REALLY need to be related to another? MM doesn't need a sequel, but if we are going to get a sequel, I hope it's something different. I'm tired of games feeling the need to build off of Ocarina...
An MM sequel would be different from Ocarina. Outside of the engine and basic Zelda gameplay MM wasn't really anything like OoT.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
It makes it easier for the timeline's sake. I would love something that connected the less direct games to the known timeline somehow though.

Not to mention they give us a better feel of the characters in the game and make the story that much better.

:034:

MattV1

Smash Apprentice
By "build off of Ocarina" I didn't mean gameplay.

A majority of Zelda titles are based around Ocarina these days. MM was a sequel, FS (and later TMC by extention) was developed as a prequel, TWW is a sequel to the alternate ending, PH is a sequel to the sequel, ST is a sequel to the sequel's sequel, and TP is a sequel to the sequel of the original ending.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Yeah, simply because post-Ocarina is when the story was really able to be expanded. All the games prior had very little storywise, but the 3D world not just allowed Nintendo to expand the story, but required them to for the sake of creating a world that would truly immerse the player. Ocarina is also the earliest game to provide enough details that can be referenced in future games, whereas LoZ and AoL really don't have any detail.

Ocarina forced all games afterward to have a half-decent story, sans one or two games. Because it's easier in the gamer's mind to have one fluid story, rather than a ton of unrelated stories, most of the new stories are based off of Ocarina. While I love Zelda for the amazing gaming experience, I also love to look back at the story later on. It allows me to relive those gaming moments briefly and to get more excited over the games.

Fluid, Ocarina-based prequels/sequels = Cleaner, better stories = Deep/Intriguing stories = Happy fans = Interest in games = $$$ for Nintendo.

:034:

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I wish I wasn't but I'm starting to get excited for E3.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I wish I wasn't but I'm starting to get excited for E3.
No kidding especially with Super Mario Galaxy 2 pole vaulting over most people's expectations like it has. At first, I didn't really care and was just going to wait it out but all the Galaxy 2 hub-bub now has me thinking, if Miyamoto did this good a job with it, just how good is Zelda Wii going to come out? I'm excited alone by the prospect of fully orchestrated Zelda music for the first time in the series.

RMZ

Smash Cadet
The Legend of Zelda time line is split correct? Ever since Ocarina of Time. One time line that still has Link going through the 7 year gap and the other where it never occurred.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
If those rumors are true, I think I'll love the game.

More sidequests? More character interaction? Sounds like they're trying to make it more like MM, which is amazing.

I think these would be cool, but I doubt it. Every year at this time we get rumors like these (Project Deluge, anyone?). Well have to wait until E3 I guess...

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
If those rumors are true, I think I'll love the game.

More sidequests? More character interaction? Sounds like they're trying to make it more like MM, which is amazing.

I think these would be cool, but I doubt it. Every year at this time we get rumors like these (Project Deluge, anyone?). Well have to wait until E3 I guess...
2ch is about as reputable as you can get as far as "unsubtantiated rumors" go, though. They did predict Wind Waker, amongst other things. A lot of that stuff is in line with the vague hints Miyamoto and co. have been giving in some interviews.

But yeah, I hope it's all true.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Except it may not have actually been featured on 2ch. It's apparently not on anything recent there now:
Nathan in the comments said:
Alright, let me "excuse" my good friend "Pred".

We have absolutely zero evidence of these rumors being true. I received an email tip a few days ago and decided that the rumors seemed plausable enough to me to run with them. The rumors seems to fit nicely with the previous ones, and a lot of them make sense given interviews with the developers.

Now, if your looking for "credibility" - as someone already commented (kirshin) above, these rumors were not present on anything recent at 2ch. This means either the person who emailed us is pulling our leg, or he wished to not divulge his real source.

As I stated many time sin this post, we are not saying these rumors are true, what we are saying is they are fun to think about. Pred is just enjoying himself too much. What he means by vouch is he could present a reasonable argument on why each point may be true, not that they actually are.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Zelda Informer apparently has a direct connection with Nintendo and I'm pretty certain they know the title of the new game. The acronym is "TLoZ: PS".

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Based on the evidence, it looks like it's going to be titled "P___ Storm".

A Storm Is Coming...

No, there is no new, unconfirmed Zelda Wii title to see here, nor in the title, nor anywhere else.

Seriously, don't bother.
Sounds suspicious to me, especially since the abbreviations are supposed to be PS.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I heard that he was thinking about trying to make it appeal to the casul gamer as well as the zelda fan. though I dout this will be in zelda wii, what I think should happen for that to work is two goups of dungeons. One goup is wind waker-ish, but nessessary for the game/story, while the other goup of dungeons is optional but very hard challage, so it appeals to the zelda fan. Also semi-non liner whould be very nice.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
@Phantom7: In the ZI thread:
Now, forget we ever said S at all, but keep the P. The P is never changing, so don't worry.

Now, think of something between the 11th and 13th letters in the alphabet for the second letter.

Have fun folks.

BTW, were not guessing here. We do have a legitimate title. We actually had a typo with the S, so we've been running with it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Pk, Pl, Pm

Uh... it's going to be Pl.

Platoon? Platinum? Plutonium? Player? Plethora? Planet? Pleasure? Plight? Pliskin?

Top Bottom