• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - NO SPOILERS, USE THE SPOILER THREAD PLEASE

X1-12

Smash Champion
Hmm yes. That's what I get for trying to make sense after a long day of work at near 3 in the morning.
I was just trying to be sure in my own mind, not trying to have a go because I thought you were doing it wrong, sorry if I came across that way

Spire

III
BRoomer
I was just trying to be sure in my own mind, not trying to have a go because I thought you were doing it wrong, sorry if I came across that way
I'm not condemning you :laugh: You pointed out a flaw in my post and I thank you for it because I've been trying to think of more Pl words all day.

Saux

Smash Apprentice
umm... im not terribly fond of that name either..:ohwell:

buuuut, i am insanely pumped for this game! Its gonna be the top game of E3, easily :)!

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
[17:19] masquedumajora: DUDE
[17:19] masquedumajora: THE NEW ZELDA GAME'S NAME
[17:20] SkylerOcon: Legend of Zelda: Tingle Party
[17:20] masquedumajora: The Legend of Zelda: The Prophet of Light
[17:21] SkylerOcon: ****ty name
[17:21] SkylerOcon: Though
[17:21] SkylerOcon: A Link to the Past wasn't exactly very good either

My reaction upon hearing the rumored new title.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Phantom Hourglass are my favorites in the series. I'm sure if Prophet of Light turns out to be the title, that whatever significance it means storywise will help me appreciate it more.

finalark

SNORLAX
It sounds more like a shovelware fantasy book I'd find at an airport but many Zelda games have generally poor/okay subtitles.

I think the only subtitles from Zelda I ever actually liked were Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess. Aside from Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past, most of them really didn't stick out for me.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
A Link to the Past was an amazing name and anyone that doesn't like it can just go straight to hell.

Also: Profit of Light doesn't sound any more or less silly than any other Zelda game name. Besides it's a moot point when you consider you'll be playing it on a console called 'Wii'.

finalark

SNORLAX
Don't be hating on LoZ names, what do you rather have, Fire Emblem: SHADOW DRAGON? ~_~
Yeah, that's pretty bad. But most of the localized Fire Emblems have fairly good subtitles. Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. Those all sound pretty good to me.

Now that I think about it, am I the only one who was surprised that A Link to the Past wasn't about time travel when he first played it?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
If that name is the name, it sounds fine with me. Actually I have never had problems with a Zelda name. Actually... Nintendo as a whole, I've never had a problem with their naming. Maybe I'm not picky, but the only things that really irk me are games like Dynasty Warriors 6 (they need to do roman numerals, just saying... Dynasty Warriors 12 vs Final Fantasy XII, the second looks more professional), and things like Super Street Fighter IV.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
i like how the artwork in the OP shows link holding his shield with with his left hand even though he's left handed

Spire

III
BRoomer
i like how the artwork in the OP shows link holding his shield with with his left hand even though he's left handed
I think it's pretty much confirmed that you choose whether he'll be left or right handed in Zelda Wii.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Though I liked him being a lefty, that is a neat feature. Why implement that feature though?

Tacel

Smash Lord
I'm not very wild about the name. It doesn't sound like something that Nintendo would name it. I'd like something to replace the word, "Prophet." It sounds odd, in my opinion.
Maybe something like:
- Hero of Light
- Blade of Light
- Oracle of Light
- Ocarina of Light
- Mask of Light
- Waker of Light
- Princess of Light
- The Adventure of Light
- The Four Swords of Light
- The Legend of Light
- Zelda Wii of Light

Okay, so maybe after awhile I started to joke around after realizing that my ideas were crappy. :p
But seriously.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm not very wild about the name. It doesn't sound like something that Nintendo would name it. I'd like something to replace the word, "Prophet." It sounds odd, in my opinion.
Maybe something like:
- Burger of Light
- Pizza of Light
- Cheese of Light
- Peanut of Light
- Chip of Light

- Disco Ball of Light
- Princess of Light
- The Adventure of Light
- The Four Swords of Light
- The Legend of Light
- Zelda Wii of Light

Okay, so maybe after awhile I started to joke around after realizing that my ideas were crappy. :p
But seriously.
I wanted to make some funny ones too >.>; Also I'm hungry. Not sure where a disco ball fits in.

I really like the name a lot personally, but then again, I'm not picky on names =[

Tacel

Smash Lord
@Shimazu's name ideas: lol Those are better than my ideas.

It would be hard to get used to, in my opinion.
"Prophet of Light comes out next week!"
"I just got Prophet of Light!"
"Hey would you like to watch me play some Prophet of Life?"
"I beat Prophet of Light yesterday"
It feels weird. I should start practicing saying it. :p
I guess I'm pretty picky when it comes to names. It definetly won't ruin the game, though. I'm so excited for this. :bee:

Spire

III
BRoomer
I actually highly doubt it's real at all. Zelda Informer posted it, but no other Zelda website has picked it up or acknowledged it. Plus, ZI is reknown for making **** up.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
I really like the name Prophet of Light. But I think Fall of Hyrule sounds better and much more ******. That makes the game sound much more darker and could possibly explain everything in full detail from OoT-WW. Or it could just be a continuation of TP or a brand new story. I think it will be a continuation of TP because that is what they have always done.

Zelda and Adventure of Link.
Link to the Past and Link's Awakening.
Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.
Oracle of Ages and Seasons.
Minish Cap, Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures.
Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass then 100 years later Spirit Tracks.
Twilight Princess and Zelda 2010/2011

XACE-K

Smash Master
I really like the name Prophet of Light. But I think Fall of Hyrule sounds better and much more ******.
This. Prophet of Light sounds cool and it be more interactive with the gods. But Fall of Hyrule would just be amazing. Seeing Hyrule spiral down into destruction would be awesome.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
This. Prophet of Light sounds cool and it be more interactive with the gods. But Fall of Hyrule would just be amazing. Seeing Hyrule spiral down into destruction would be awesome.
'Fall of Hyrule' is a stupid name and they will never show Hyrule 'spiral down into destruction'./ loaded post.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I really like the name Prophet of Light. But I think Fall of Hyrule sounds better and much more ******. That makes the game sound much more darker and could possibly explain everything in full detail from OoT-WW. Or it could just be a continuation of TP or a brand new story. I think it will be a continuation of TP because that is what they have always done.

Zelda and Adventure of Link.
Link to the Past and Link's Awakening.
Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.
Oracle of Ages and Seasons.
Minish Cap, Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures.
Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass then 100 years later Spirit Tracks.
Twilight Princess and Zelda 2010/2011
Dude, the first bit of info we learned about Zelda Wii last summer was that it has nothing to do with TP. Miyamoto himself said that this will be based in a different age entirely. And the "Fall of Hyrule" title was a hoax as well as a lame name (though I do prefer it over Prophet of Light).

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Fall of Hyrule sounds like a really bad fan fiction.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Fall of Hyrule sounds like a really bad fan fiction.
As does Prophet of Light. Leave it to the obsessive fans to come up with lame names out of the inability to control their anticipation for Zelda Wii.

MattV1

Smash Apprentice
Not only do I think that "Prophet of Light" is a bad title, but I also think it's fake and doesn't sound like something Nintendo would do. Sounds more like a fan-fiction. A bad fan-fiction, and I sure hope that isn't the name.

I do however, hope that the previous 2chan leak is almost 100% accurate.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Also why would you trust a site as unprofessional at Zelda Informer.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Though I liked him being a lefty, that is a neat feature. Why implement that feature though?
Because if it's gonna be using Motion plus and all this motion stuff, they're gonna make it more accommodating for the southpaws.

That or this'll just be a mirrored version of the GC one.;)

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I think there could be a possibility that it comes before the timeline split and the game is a quest to forge the master sword kind of like how you forge the four sword in TMC.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Because if it's gonna be using Motion plus and all this motion stuff, they're gonna make it more accommodating for the southpaws.

That or this'll just be a mirrored version of the GC one.;)
Does the bold slang mean left handed? I hope they let us make our own sword in a quest, it sure would be cool. Or upgrade the sword several times like LttP.

Also, the ZeldaWii is going to be on the GC? O.o

Top Bottom