• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - NO SPOILERS, USE THE SPOILER THREAD PLEASE

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
It could have been changed because it is not actually confirmed, just rumored and most likely false. Why name the thread after an improbable rumor in the first place?

Spire

III
BRoomer
It could have been changed because it is not actually confirmed, just rumored and most likely false. Why name the thread after an improbable rumor in the first place?
Because it wasn't exactly improbable and I did include (Rumoured Title).

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
**** those self righteous attention whores, they know nothing (ZI that is).

edit: 'whores' isn't censored?

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
that isn't Reggie

and if it was, do you really think he's going to say something like "Played the Zelda Wii demo. Eh it's ok, it's no OoT or Majora's Mask though."? Of course he's going to hype it up as much as he can.

Spire

III
BRoomer
More leaks?

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2010/06/zelda-wii-information-leaked-2/

According to the folks over at Zelda Informer (:urg:), Eiji Aonuma’s first page at E3 has been leaked and it contains several new pieces of information. Jumping straight to the point, here is what the alleged leak has stated.
  1. Zelda Wii’s official title is “The Legend of Zelda”. There will be no subtitle.
  2. The game tells a story several hundred years before Ocarina of Time. It also answers the question of how the Master Sword came into being.
  3. The fairy-like girl is a very important character in the game. Her Name is Zordiana.
  4. The Hookshot is also in the game and it has new abilities. It will not pull you immediately to the target you aimed at. Now it is possible to swing with the Hookshot, like with the Grappling Hook from TWW. The Hookshot makes no use of Wii Motion Plus.
  5. Sometimes you have to “draw” a specific symbol on a door with your sword to open it.
  6. The Bow controls are very similar to the Bow controls in Wii Sports Resort, as the script shows.
  7. There are two levels of difficulty. Aonuma made it though, Miyamoto didn’t want to include it. There is a Normal Mode for amateurs. The Hero Mode has no “Super Guide” included and the enemies are tougher.
  8. The on-stage dungeon, which is also playable at E3, isn’t a Dungeon as we know it from the Zelda series. When entering a Dungeon, you will not notice you are in one. It will be a smooth gradation. There will be dungeons with no bosses and bosses with no dungeon. The “dungeon” you are able to play at E3 will be an ice level. It will be the first “dungeon” in the Game.

XACE-K

Smash Master
The on-stage dungeon, which is also playable at E3, isn’t a Dungeon as we know it from the Zelda series. When entering a Dungeon, you will not notice you are in one. It will be a smooth gradation. There will be dungeons with no bosses and bosses with no dungeon. The “dungeon” you are able to play at E3 will be an ice level. It will be the first “dungeon” in the Game.
I would love if this is true. It would really be interesting to see this in game.

X1-12

Smash Champion
According to the folks over at Zelda Informer (:urg:), Eiji Aonuma’s first page at E3 has been leaked and it contains several new pieces of information. Jumping straight to the point, here is what the alleged leak has stated.
  1. Sometimes you have to “draw” a specific symbol on a door with your sword to open it.

sounds like a lame gimmick, Also anyone played Okami on PS2? I think it was re-released on Wii.. in it you play a wolf and its great, in zelda (TP) you play a wolf and its lame, I think the same kinda thing will happen with the drawing, which was cool in Okami

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman

1. Zelda Wii’s official title is “The Legend of Zelda”. There will be no subtitle.
  2. The game tells a story several hundred years before Ocarina of Time. It also answers the question of how the Master Sword came into being.
  3. The fairy-like girl is a very important character in the game. Her Name is Zordiana.
  4. The Hookshot is also in the game and it has new abilities. It will not pull you immediately to the target you aimed at. Now it is possible to swing with the Hookshot, like with the Grappling Hook from TWW. The Hookshot makes no use of Wii Motion Plus.
  5. Sometimes you have to “draw” a specific symbol on a door with your sword to open it.
  6. The Bow controls are very similar to the Bow controls in Wii Sports Resort, as the script shows.
  7. There are two levels of difficulty. Aonuma made it though, Miyamoto didn’t want to include it. There is a Normal Mode for amateurs. The Hero Mode has no “Super Guide” included and the enemies are tougher.
  8. The on-stage dungeon, which is also playable at E3, isn’t a Dungeon as we know it from the Zelda series. When entering a Dungeon, you will not notice you are in one. It will be a smooth gradation. There will be dungeons with no bosses and bosses with no dungeon. The “dungeon” you are able to play at E3 will be an ice level. It will be the first “dungeon” in the Game.
So can we make any speculations if you go to termina? In other words, do you think 2chan's prophesy will come true?
also, what happened to the "prophet of light" title theory? I thought THAT was the "official" title of the game?

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord

finalark

SNORLAX

1. Zelda Wii’s official title is “The Legend of Zelda”. There will be no subtitle. - Bull****
  2. The game tells a story several hundred years before Ocarina of Time. It also answers the question of how the Master Sword came into being. - I can buy this.
  3. The fairy-like girl is a very important character in the game. Her Name is Zordiana. I can buy the first half, the second, not so much.
  4. The Hookshot is also in the game and it has new abilities. It will not pull you immediately to the target you aimed at. Now it is possible to swing with the Hookshot, like with the Grappling Hook from TWW. The Hookshot makes no use of Wii Motion Plus. Sounds plausible.
  5. Sometimes you have to “draw” a specific symbol on a door with your sword to open it. I hope not. I'd be like Okami only minus the fun.
  6. The Bow controls are very similar to the Bow controls in Wii Sports Resort, as the script shows. I'd prefer having TP bow controls, better for combat.
  7. There are two levels of difficulty. Aonuma made it though, Miyamoto didn’t want to include it. There is a Normal Mode for amateurs. The Hero Mode has no “Super Guide” included and the enemies are tougher. I hope so.
Sounds interesting.
My thoughts are in bold.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I hope all of those are true. The drawing the symbol on the door thing sounds gimmicky, but I doubt Nintendo would put something lame like that into Zelda. If it is true, they're bound to make it at least somewhat interesting.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
I hope all of those are true. The drawing the symbol on the door thing sounds gimmicky, but I doubt Nintendo would put something lame like that into Zelda. If it is true, they're bound to make it at least somewhat interesting.
Phantom hourglass and spirit tracks had this

Spire

III
BRoomer
So can we make any speculations if you go to termina? In other words, do you think 2chan's prophesy will come true?
also, what happened to the "prophet of light" title theory? I thought THAT was the "official" title of the game?
It specifically said that "Prophet of Light" was a rumored title. Because no other word of it has surfaced since Zelda Informer 'leaked' it, we came to the conclusion that it was fake — especially ZI's history with hyping up a game with false information (which includes the above posted rumors). But who knows, it could all prove true in the end. Only time will tell (and there's not much of it left).

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
It specifically said that "Prophet of Light" was a rumored title. Because no other word of it has surfaced since Zelda Informer 'leaked' it, we came to the conclusion that it was fake — especially ZI's history with hyping up a game with false information (which includes the above posted rumors). But who knows, it could all prove true in the end. Only time will tell (and there's not much of it left).
So how does this stuff leak anyway?

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Based on these "confirmed" rumors, it sounds like this game, supposedly entitled "The Legend of Zelda", which takes place before OoT is actually going to be The Legend of Zelda - the actual game that begins the entire series itself (Not referring to LoZ for NES but the beginning of the timeline). In that case, it will be a very important game, probably the most important Zelda game yet. Since Nintendo has spent more time developing this game that OoT, I find this quite plausible.

However, I have been extremely skeptical about ZI lately. This could simply be as much bull**** as their other recent updates.

Spire

III
BRoomer
ZI has really set themselves up for a make it or break it case. If the rumors are true, ZI will prove to be a trustworthy and resourceful website. If not, I'm never going back there again.

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
ZI has really set themselves up for a make it or break it case. If the rumors are true, ZI will prove to be a trustworthy and resourceful website. If not, I'm never going back there again.
Well said dude, VERY well said. This is also the case for twochan aswell I belive. But how did those guys know about the windwaker plot? That Is way to detaild for it to have been a guess.

MattV1

Smash Apprentice
Well said dude, VERY well said. This is also the case for twochan aswell I belive. But how did those guys know about the windwaker plot? That Is way to detaild for it to have been a guess.

I take what ZI says not just with a grain of salt, but a ****ing shot of penicillin. 2chan is likely, but they aren't infallable, and they could be wrong. Guess we'll find out in two more days. My body is ready.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I think just a name with no add ones would be nice, bring back the simplicity, you know?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Name reboots are gimmicky to me, as if pretending that this isn't the 1000th Zelda game will somehow make it so.

In any case, those details seem interesting, and ZI has bet their reputation on it...Tuesday should be pretty interesting.

I really hope that this game is to TP what Majora's Mask was to OoT.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
These comments make me excited, because I'm at Ganon's Castle on Ocarina of Time for the first time ever, and I got MM on wiiware for my bday =D. I haven't played MM ever but I loved games like Super Mario Sunshine/RPG (Games that are the oddball) so I think I'm going to enjoy it =]

It'd be halarious if they turned Zelda into a turn based RPG.

"Zelda casts Cure" >.>;; ... or more Zelda-like

"Zelda uses Naryu's Love on Link!"
"Link gains defense boost!"

"Link uses Spin Attack!"
"Moblin A takes 5 points of damage."

Edit: I'd actually like that. XD

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Do we know that Zelda will be announced on Tuesday as opposed to the other E3 days? I'm not very knowledgeable on what happens at E3; this will be my first time knowing about it before it happens.

:034:

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
T
It'd be halarious if they turned Zelda into a turn based RPG.

"Zelda casts Cure" >.>;; ... or more Zelda-like

"Zelda uses Naryu's Love on Link!"
"Link gains defense boost!"

"Link uses Spin Attack!"
"Moblin A takes 5 points of damage."
If by "hilarious" you mean "the worst thing ever."

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Sometimes when you make something "so bad" it's funny. Except to the people who take life way too seriously. Though it'd seem like death of the series, it could work. I mean Mario pulled it off amazingly, why couldn't Zelda? >_>

Top Bottom