• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - NO SPOILERS, USE THE SPOILER THREAD PLEASE

Spire

III
BRoomer
arrow aiming in Wii Sports Resort was supposed to be the frame for the arrow shooting that'll be in Zelda Wii. So is the swordplay.
Which proves that Nintendo cares more about their core games than their Mii-based ones. Those are made for two purposes only:
- money
- to test out gameplay mechanics for the core games

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
You forgot Fire Emblem, Ninka. That would be nice, though, if Nintendo created something new but also for hardcore players, which actually brings Project Sora to mind.
i did not count fire emblem because it is a tactical rpg but we will ad that to the list if any thing i would love to see an action rpg like zelda only with a level up system and magic and no disney charcters (points at kingdom hearts)

comboking

Smash Master
Does anyone else think it would be cool if the next Zelda game connected the split timeline together? By jumping from timeline to timeline through some kind of event? Maybe time travel?

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Does anyone else think it would be cool if the next Zelda game connected the split timeline together? By jumping from timeline to timeline through some kind of event? Maybe time travel?
I think it would be really cool if they gave something to connect the entire series together but I would think they would have to have Ocarina of Time Link (because he has control of space and time).

The main thing I want is left hand capability. That was the reason I got gamecube TP over the Wii. I mean if Link came out of his game he wouldn't even be able to play his own game. Being a fellow southpaw I was not amused.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I'm pretty sure you could choose which hand to use in TP. >_>

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure you could choose which hand to use in TP. >_>
In the GCN version, Link was left handed, but in the Wii version, he was right handed and could not be changed. You could waggle the Wiimote in your left hand, but he remained right handed.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Yeah if you play the Gamecube version it's a complete mirror image of the Wii version. So in a room that was on the left would be on the right.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I, too, thought that TP had the option of switching Link's dominant hand. I'd rather see him fight lefty even though I'm righty. More than half the time, it felt weird to see everyone else lefty on the Wii version (not that I have anything against lefties, I'm just used to Link being the only lefty, which made him more awesome).

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah there was no option, version specific. I wish TP would've veen gamecube exclusive so that this new zelda will be the zelda wii. TP is first and foremost a gamecube game, and the wii version is the mirror.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
i think if they explain fierce deitys backround in zelda wii i would be happy (zelda mm manga explanation is good but i want it in game

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Well Zelda Wii I hope they have the wii motion plus swords swinging (with left/right hand capabilities) and improve blocking techniques then Wii sports Resort. Also they could use the WSR Archery techniques which would be incredible and I'm sure they have a few puzzle applications as well.

This is just wishful thinking and I'm pretty sure it's not going to be put in but they should have more exploration like they did in the NES Zelda titles. You wander into level 4 when your looking for level 2 was fun because you had to remeber where that level was next time. Also maybe some difficulty setting because I've beaten TP, OOT, and Majora's Mask without ever dying (Unless I did it on purpose like to see what happens when the moon hit).

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Well Zelda Wii I hope they have the wii motion plus swords swinging (with left/right hand capabilities) and improve blocking techniques then Wii sports Resort. Also they could use the WSR Archery techniques which would be incredible and I'm sure they have a few puzzle applications as well.
Actually, it was officially confirmed that Zelda Wii will use Wii Motion Plus. http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8794605&postcount=2 (Last paragraph)

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
They may be grasping at straws, here. I mean, please... a dragon? This aint Spyro. Finding little random shapes in the "fire" on the concept art does not point to a dragon. I like the Navi theory though. The possibility of that hour-glass shaped woman with Link has the same oppurtunity of being Navi as it does being the Mastersword.

But the Link transformations are exceedingly popular. It's hard to think of a Zelda without thinking of the many shapes and sizes Link has gone through in the past many games. Deku scrub, wolf, little jawa creature, big blue fluffy flying bear thing, goron, zora, Giant, minish, DRAGON, a fierce diety, rabbit, child, adult, and probably many more I've forgotten. I confess, I have enjoyed all these transformations and would like to see more later on.

I like the Navi theory though. The possibility of that hour-glass shaped woman with Link has the same oppurtunity of being Navi as it does being the Mastersword. I have also noticed that the clothes of Link are based more upon the simplicity of the original OoT Link than the later TP Link, which could also point to the fact that it is the same Link as in OoT and MM. It might even further prove itself by not showing Link with the Mastersword, since OoT/MM Link had lost the ability to pull it from the stone. Then again, this is just speculation, and it's probably stupid of me to try and pull out theories when all we have is one small piece of concept art.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
If this Zelda has the Hero of Time Link, I may scream for joy.

Cool ideas, but basing them off little highlights is not worth getting too worked up over.

So until E3 rolls along, we should take any rumor with little worry.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I laughed a good amount at that guy trying to make sense out of absolutely nothing in the concept art.

But I'm still interested to see what potential flight mechanic may make it into the game.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Also I am beggining to think that the art doesnt look like he is in a cave, but more in a ruined castle! Any thoughts?
To me it looks like a stone corridor... Maybe it's the Clock Tower (Gasp)!? Then again, maybe not. It could be anything, really.

There are so many ridiculous speculations people can come up with from that piece of artwork, but all that I'm speculating from it is that the fairy behind Link has something to do with the Master Sword, and Link highly resembles the Hero of Time.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
It's a generic stone arch. come on people. I'm excited for ZWii too but jesus

and also that concept art is already way dated, as the woman figure shown has been confirmed to not be the actual design for the character/thing

ALSO, this is nitpicking but there is no Volvagia in Zelda 2. The dragon boss is called Barba (unless I'm forgetting another dragon boss but I don't think so)

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
It's a generic stone arch. come on people. I'm excited for ZWii too but jesus

and also that concept art is already way dated, as the woman figure shown has been confirmed to not be the actual design for the character/thing

ALSO, this is nitpicking but there is no Volvagia in Zelda 2. The dragon boss is called Barba (unless I'm forgetting another dragon boss but I don't think so)
It could be a stone arch, but the red cloud (or whatever that is) makes it difficult to know for sure. It's either an arch or a stone corridor, but either way, it's a generic stone wall that probably doesn't matter.

Yes, the dragon in Zelda 2 is called Barba.

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
They may be grasping at straws, here. I mean, please... a dragon? This aint Spyro. Finding little random shapes in the "fire" on the concept art does not point to a dragon. I like the Navi theory though. The possibility of that hour-glass shaped woman with Link has the same oppurtunity of being Navi as it does being the Mastersword.

But the Link transformations are exceedingly popular. It's hard to think of a Zelda without thinking of the many shapes and sizes Link has gone through in the past many games. Deku scrub, wolf, little jawa creature, big blue fluffy flying bear thing, goron, zora, Giant, minish, DRAGON, a fierce diety, rabbit, child, adult, and probably many more I've forgotten. I confess, I have enjoyed all these transformations and would like to see more later on.

I like the Navi theory though. The possibility of that hour-glass shaped woman with Link has the same oppurtunity of being Navi as it does being the Mastersword. I have also noticed that the clothes of Link are based more upon the simplicity of the original OoT Link than the later TP Link, which could also point to the fact that it is the same Link as in OoT and MM. It might even further prove itself by not showing Link with the Mastersword, since OoT/MM Link had lost the ability to pull it from the stone. Then again, this is just speculation, and it's probably stupid of me to try and pull out theories when all we have is one small piece of concept art.
Well, going by the theory of navi being the dominion rod, I dont think its navi. BUT! It made me think, Concidering there are 2 things in the chapl of hyrule you aquire throughout the timeline (up to now) Maybe all the things you get in there, are all just fairys that take on the form of the object to help link. Like such: Dominion rod= Navi
Master sword = ???

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
None too big a fan of the Dominion rod theory (Sorry Spire :D )

All in all, it would be very wise for the Zelda creators to explain what ever happened to Navi. She was a huge supporting character who (FOR NO REASON) left at the end of OoT. In MM, she becomes a foot note for the adventure in Termina, in which case at the end Link gets back on Epona and continues his search for her. After that, the Hero of Time is never heard of again, and the tragic untold adventure of a friend searching for a friend is never told. Even though we had a good two games with the Hero of Time, they left the story incomplete.

I'll be surprised if they dont try and finish the story. The possibility of this being the last chapter in the Hero of Time's story is very likely. And as such, if I'm correct, I'm very glad of it.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
None too big a fan of the Dominion rod theory (Sorry Spire :D )

All in all, it would be very wise for the Zelda creators to explain what ever happened to Navi. She was a huge supporting character who (FOR NO REASON) left at the end of OoT. In MM, she becomes a foot note for the adventure in Termina, in which case at the end Link gets back on Epona and continues his search for her. After that, the Hero of Time is never heard of again, and the tragic untold adventure of a friend searching for a friend is never told. Even though we had a good two games with the Hero of Time, they left the story incomplete.

I'll be surprised if they dont try and finish the story. The possibility of this being the last chapter in the Hero of Time's story is very likely. And as such, if I'm correct, I'm very glad of it.
I'd love the idea of a Hero of Time trilogy. Even better if the main goal was to find Navi, rather than have him find Navi at the beginning. Or his starting goal. Either or. But if it was his starting goal, I'd hate for it to turn out like TP did, with it starting out as "look for the kids" and morphing into "kill Zant/Ganon" without telling you, and not even resolve the kid problem until you're practically on top of Zant.

I think by focusing on searching for Navi, Nintendo would have those opportunities to change the Zelda formula slightly, as promised in the interview.

But even if they don't do all that, as long as they bring Navi back and let you know that this was the end of a trilogy, I'd be happy.

:034:

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
But evidence (weak evidence I admit) shows that the HoT is the heros shade, and there fore showing that he died on his search for navi.; Wich means that This next game couldnt possably be about that concept. It is much to short.

Spire

III
BRoomer
But evidence (weak evidence I admit) shows that the HoT is the heros shade, and there fore showing that he died on his search for navi.; Wich means that This next game couldnt possably be about that concept. It is much to short.
The Hero's Shade simply shows that an ancestor of Link from Twilight Princess was once a knight of sorts. It could be the Hero of Time, or it could be a descendent. Remember Twilight Princess takes place centuries after Ocarina of Time, so there are quite a number of people who could be the Hero's Shade. Yes, it is somewhat implied that it's the Hero of Time, because he's the only ancestor we know of, but there is no solid proof. The fact the Hero of Time did not know the moves that the Hero's Shade knows might signify that it's not him.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
The Hero's Shade simply shows that an ancestor of Link from Twilight Princess was once a knight of sorts. It could be the Hero of Time, or it could be a descendent. Remember Twilight Princess takes place centuries after Ocarina of Time, so there are quite a number of people who could be the Hero's Shade. Yes, it is somewhat implied that it's the Hero of Time, because he's the only ancestor we know of, but there is no solid proof. The fact the Hero of Time did not know the moves that the Hero's Shade knows might signify that it's not him.
But what if Zelda Wii happens to occur after MM, and the Hero of Time learns these skills at that time? Besides, I think that's one measly detail that Nintendo can afford to overlook. The Hidden Skills are simply a game mechanic, and they're not meant to be a contributing factor to the story. Most likely, there were no bearers of the Triforce of Courage between MM and TP anyway, because there weren't any in the Adult Timeline, according the WW's opening cutscene. And I don't think he was a knights of sorts; the armor just cleverly disguises the fact that it IS the Hero of Time's ghost. I also think he is highly signified by the Golden Wolf.

Also, I doubt he specifically died searching for Navi; he's going to die anyway. The event that caused his death is unexplained, and there is very little, if any, evidence for how it could have happened. And to think that ZWii is going to be about Link's supposedly unfinished search for Navi is a huge stretch.

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
the reason he didnt know the HoT moves is because, like you said your self it is centuries after the events he took place in. He simpaly forgot them.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Wait dragon? and fluffy flying bear thing? Jawa creature? DRAGON???

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Oh, I never played those. I thought you had somebody named ralph or ricky or something with an R help you out. I must be trippin. *****

shadowboii

Smash Apprentice
Expansion on this theory, what if Navi isn't really a fairy, but the form the spirit within the master sword that's awoken to guide the hero of courage to fulfill his destiny? Within OoT, it was explained that only the Kokiris have the natural ability to be paired with a fairy, yet Link was really a human, so he's not suppose to be paired up with Navi in the first place. So what is Navi really?

Current theories then concludes that Navi is a persona of the dominion rod, due to the similarity in design. However, the actual function of the dominion rod is the ability to control statues to solve puzzles, which shows no connection to Navi other than the design of the rod.

My theory is, Navi is not the persona of the dominion rod but the persona of the master sword. Within OoT, Navi has the ability to see through the weakness of all opposing evil, and guides Link to help him when problematic opponents show up. If this ability is viewed as "The ability to master over evil", then it should be noted that even when Link has the physical ability to defeat all enemy; Navi is the one that helps Link to manifest the ability to "Master over evil".

This would also explain the timing for Navi's appearance within OoT, as evil starts to build, the master sword reawakens, Navi is then guiding Link through many trials to quality him as the bearer of the triforce of courage. Then toward the end of the game, because the evil has left the land of Hyrule, the sword falls into slumber once again. Meaning that the persona of the sword, Navi, would also lose consciousness.

It should be noted that the design of fairies has changed dramatically since OoT. The fairy design within WW is very similar to the girl currently shown within the current released picture. Which can hint at the "current" envisioning of Navi.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
That has always bugged the hell outta me. Why did they change the way the fairy's and the fairy queens look, just doesn't make sense...

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
You mean the difference between OoT/MM fairies and Wind Waker? If so, it's probably because they changed almost everything about the art design.

oh and don't forget,in Zelda 2 you have a spell that turns you into a fairy. It's super useful.

Top Bottom