• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - NO SPOILERS, USE THE SPOILER THREAD PLEASE

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
It's not weak compared to other series, it's weak compared to the aforementioned 3D Mario games, thus it is the weakest 3D Mario.
Eh, if you put it that way I guess I can see where you're coming from. Personally though, I found it to be the best. It actually challenged you and gave you a new, innovative control scheme using FLUDD.

Just my opinion though.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Galaxy is designed in the same way as the Bowser levels of SM64. How you can bring those specific levels up and not the similarities to Galaxy is beyond me. Galaxy is basically an entire game of SM64 Bowser levels.
Yes I completely agree except I don't want an entire game of bowser levels because those levels were linear. Can you imagine how bad the bowser levels would have been if they tried to stuff 8 stars in them?

I just loved the style SM64 set for the 3d mario and I wish they kept that instead of each game afterwards getting further and further away from it.

I also don't think Sunshine was the weakest. I would put Galaxy 1 as the weakest. FLUDD was too much fun and it still had big open worlds to explore despite collecting stars being much more linear.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I'm sort of cursed when it comes to falling in love with the wrong games.

Mario Kart Double Dash is my favorite in the series. Everyone hates it.

Mario Sunshine isn't my absolute favorite, but it is definitely up there for me. Everyone hates it.

The Water Temple is my favorite OoT temple. Everyone hates it.

Maybe I'm not from this planet...

kupo15

Smash Hero
I'm with you on Sunshine from that list. To me, nothing can beat Mario Kart 64 though. The water temple is a curse to mankind...

kupo15

Smash Hero
Its easy if you don't bother with getting the skulltulahs. The layout is quite challenging. I forget which version is the harder one. I think MQ was harder if you go for the skulltulahs but if you just wanted to run through it, then you could skip half the temple so its not that bad.

Masky

Smash Master
The Water Temple isn't even hard. I never got lost in it, using the keys the game makes it pretty obvious where to go next. Maybe if you're like 10 it's harder, idk

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
The Water Temple is the most confusing dugeon in OoT, but IMO it's still a great dungeon. Though it's confusing, I like it for its challenge, I appreciate it not being very straightforward, and above all, Dark Link is just awesome.

IYM!

Smash Lord
The Water Temple isn't even hard. I never got lost in it, using the keys the game makes it pretty obvious where to go next. Maybe if you're like 10 it's harder, idk
yes, i had 10 years old when i played it, also this temple have the best mini boss in OoT, Dark Link, the first time i fought with him I had to escape, was not capable of facing him, but after training a bit, defeating wolfos an stalfos i could conquer him.

Months later I discovered that the Din fire was effective against him .... and ... one month later I discovered that the megaton hammer was the key for an easy victory

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
The water temple isn't hard. It's just tedious with all the pausing and switching boots and whatnot. >:[

kupo15

Smash Hero
The Water Temple is the most confusing dugeon in OoT, but IMO it's still a great dungeon. Though it's confusing, I like it for its challenge, I appreciate it not being very straightforward, and above all, Dark Link is just awesome.
I'll agree with this
yes, i had 10 years old when i played it, also this temple have the best mini boss in OoT, Dark Link, the first time i fought with him I had to escape, was not capable of facing him, but after training a bit, defeating wolfos an stalfos i could conquer him.

Months later I discovered that the Din fire was effective against him .... and ... one month later I discovered that the megaton hammer was the key for an easy victory
Really? The megaton hammer? How so?
I've said it before but I stand by it, The Great Bay Temple was 20 times harder,more confusing and irritating than The Water Temple.
I disagree. The Great Bay temple was much easier since all you had to do was follow the new flowing pipe that you unlocked.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
If you just get out the megaton hammer, he'll stand next to you and do next to nothing for most of the hits. It's bizarre, and doesn't make sense, but it works.

@Luigitoilet: When playing MM, I got to the GBT, and refused to go in there 3 or 4 times just because it looked so complicated. Such an obnoxious temple. >_<

:034:

kupo15

Smash Hero
Holy crap. No way? Did you know this through testing or was it mentioned somewhere? Very cool and it makes sense too.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Another interesting thing is that Dark Link has the same amount of health as you do. So if you do like a 3-heart run of the game, Dark Link's pretty much a joke.

I never knew this. I'm tempted to go try it now.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Despite all of the hate for the Water Temple, I actually enjoyed the Water Temple more than Jabu-Jabu's Belly. I'm not quite sure why, but that was my least favorite dungeon in the game (even though I did enjoy all of them).

IYM!

Smash Lord
this &quot;!&quot; is part of my nick (Chile)
Another interesting thing is that Dark Link has the same amount of health as you do. So if you do like a 3-heart run of the game, Dark Link's pretty much a joke.
Are you sure?, because i always go to face him with 13 or 14 hearts and i always need conect 10 hits to kill him

my favorite temples are shadow, forest and fire. in special forest.

but i have a special love for shadow temple, because i was very scared when i went to complete it. Twilight princess was the reason than help me to remove my fear for Gibdos an Redeads (please dont laugh of me , my friends actually did that job :glare: )

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
There need to be more battles like Dark Link in games. lol at the people who use the Megaton Hammer/Biggoron Sword.

Master Sword ALL the way.

lol, no hate for the guys who beat him with the Biggoron Sword or Megaton Hammer, in all seriousness.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Edit: Nevermind, I was reading page 87. Lulz.

I actually liked the two handed Biggoron sword in OoT. I liked the fact the Master Sword sucked.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Because of how overpowered the Master Sword was in TP, I began playing with the Ordon Sword throughout the entire game sans the final boss fight that requires the Master Sword.

IYM!

Smash Lord
Hmm, well what weapon do you use? I imagine if you use the hammer or the biggoron sword it takes more hearts than the Master Sword, which is what I usually use
na, i only use the master sword, i like fight with him with that sword

Because of how overpowered the Master Sword was in TP, I began playing with the Ordon Sword throughout the entire game sans the final boss fight that requires the Master Sword.
yeah me too, the MS was very powerful, so i started to use the Ordon sword to meke some "dificult" the game.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I'm debating whether to buy a Motion Plus unit or one of the new built-in remotes...

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I should probably add that I already own 4 classic Wii remotes. :urg:

IYM!

Smash Lord
well, basicaly you are right Phantom7, but when a boss is hited to fast, his resistance is bigger

for example if you are fighting agains volvagia, and you try to kill him fast, you will need, for example 12 hits, but if you take a long time in do the process to kill him (hammer in his head) he will need 8 or 7 hits

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I'm pretty sure using the Megaton Hammer is the only way to defeat Volvagia, except that you can shoot arrows at her head when she flies out of the magma pits. But as far as I know, your sword is useless. The best way to fight Volvagia IMO is to jump attack with the Megaton Hammer while her head is peeking out of the magma pits.

Now that I think about it, I wonder how well jump attacking with the Megaton Hammer would work on Dark Link?

kupo15

Smash Hero
If you use the deku stick, it acts like twice the damage of the sword so if you jump slash, that is 4x. So for a speed run, I think the best method is shield sword poke, deku double slash.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Apparently wooden sticks are stronger than the metal blade of a sacred sword.

Top Bottom