• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - NO SPOILERS, USE THE SPOILER THREAD PLEASE

Spire

III
BRoomer
When asked if Ghirahim reminded him of David Bowie, Aonuma agreed that there were similarities; to contrast with Ganon, he was given a "unisex-like, genderless feel".
See, this makes me happy. Really happy. I'm also relieved that Ganon is not going to be in the game. But even more so his stance on the Triforce. It's a relic that obviously takes on different meaning with time. As people and culture change, so does the understanding of a symbol.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ganon and Ganondorf are the same person
Not necessarily. And if Spire was here, I think he could tell you.

There's a discussion in this sub forum about this very thing and it is why I chose to differentiate Ganondorf and Ganon.

But that's a whole nother subject I don't feel like explaining.

When I get my laptop back and have the time to look for the thread that touches on this subject, I'll link to it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I once theorized about the series extensively, touching a few times on the prospect of there being two Ganons in the series. Regardless, I am wholly uninterested in theorizing as of right now. Guess I'm biding for Skyward Sword.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Ganon and Ganondorf are the same being. And I believe there are 2 distinctly different Ganons too.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I wish Ganon was in Skyward Sword it feels like it has been quite a while since he has been in a zelda game. As he was not in phantom hourglass or Spirit Tracks.

Spire

III
BRoomer
But those were sub-par handheld games. Twilight Princess was the last console Zelda and Ganon was straight up killed in it. I think his death signified that they're done with him—for the time being.

The age of Ghirahim has begun.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Eldin Volcano

[yt]dgY3sJXNmog[/yt]

This is just so awesome. The transition from Skyloft to Hyrule and then the music at the end. Top notch Nintendo.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm just mad excited for the game.

The art direction the took was perfect, honestly. The characters seem colorful and unique. I'm sure the soundtrack will be awesome.

Just looking at the vast world get me excited. I want to explore it.

I just hope that getting rupees isn't easy. And if it is, that we have good reason to spend it all.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Rupees will apparently be a magic supplement once again (seems like the new direction they're going, which I am fond of), and items will instead be upgradeable by finding parts within the world. They're introducing more customizational elements, so coupled with the vastness of the explorable world that we've seen/been promised, it's gonna be grand.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I have terrible memory, man.

You mind reminding me when they used rupees as a magic supplement?

I can only remember the original TLoZ using rupees for every arrow you used.

:(

Spire

III
BRoomer
In Twilight Princess you used Rupees instead of magic for the Magic Armor. Also a ton of Skyward Sword info was just unveiled. I won't post because it's just far too spoiler-filled, but you can find it on the Zelda Wiki newsfeed or any Zelda fansite by morning.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Rupees will apparently be a magic supplement once again (seems like the new direction they're going, which I am fond of), and items will instead be upgradeable by finding parts within the world. They're introducing more customizational elements, so coupled with the vastness of the explorable world that we've seen/been promised, it's gonna be grand.
I like this idea as well, goes back to the days when rupees were arrows

Rupees as they are in OoT aren't all the useful and usually end up just staying in my inventory sitting there.

Now spending them is more tactical

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I think at this point I'm going to keep myself spoiler-free. I've already seen a ****load and I've seen about half of the details that were released recently. I want to have some surprise left for when I play the game.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
IGN is reporting that the game is gonna have a second play through mode and boss rush that will end up equating to 50-100 hours of gameplay. Part of me is really excited about this, but a part of me is a bit scared in hoping they don't end up doing it correctly. The second play through better be worth it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I too have read enough spoilers - everything up to this point. I'm going to be avoiding most Zelda sites from here on out.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm not concerned with it.

Usually spoilers tend to get me excited for a game. Depends on the spoiler, though. As I usally ask "wow - really? I'd love to see how that came to be."

kupo15

Smash Hero
omg, this game can't come soon enough O_O
About the 50-100 gameplay, I realllly hope 30 of those hours aren't wasted in travel time like WW

And I'm not crazy about money replacing magic bottles. Idk if magic jars are getting eliminated but if so I feel that removes some depth from Zelda. MM and WW both did a great job with making money valuable

Isn't this funny:
MM
WW and now
SS

Wonder if there will be anymore same letter shortcuts for Zelda titles lol

theeboredone

Smash Legend
For whatever reason, if SS turns out to be the best Zelda game ever...I'm gonna find it a bit funny it ended up on one of the most criticized consoles ever.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
omg, this game can't come soon enough O_O
About the 50-100 gameplay, I realllly hope 30 of those hours aren't wasted in travel time like WW

And I'm not crazy about money replacing magic bottles. Idk if magic jars are getting eliminated but if so I feel that removes some depth from Zelda. MM and WW both did a great job with making money valuable

Isn't this funny:
MM
WW and now
SS

Wonder if there will be anymore same letter shortcuts for Zelda titles lol
Conveniently skipped over TP

Spire

III
BRoomer
I like how Twilight Princess shares "TP" with ALttP, given that the former draws heavily from the latter in terms of concept.

I have a feeling that Skyward Sword will merge elements from all of the known worlds into one cohesive fabric, one of which will be split into multiple dimensions as a result of the story.

Meaning Hyrule, Termina, Koholint, and beyond are all really the same place.

:phone:

Jonas

Smash Champion
Does anyone really know what the overworld be like? Will it actually be two overworlds with a Wind Waker-like cloud world above and regular Hyrule Field below, or will it just be a few non-connected areas accesible from Skyloft?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I think it really is like Wind Waker in Skyloft, or that's the impression I got from GI. They said that the travel is faster than WW, though.

Basically, you travel to a place above where in Hyrule you want to go, I think, then you drop down and go there.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I think the concept of this game is to not use Hyrule as an overworld to it's dungeons, but to use The Sky as an overworld to sections of Hyrule. Each Hyrulean region will serve as a "world" a la Super Mario and Donkey Kong Country Returns, except much more seamless. What remains to be seen are connections between the regions.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
The gameplay seems to show Skyloft as a ClockTown-esque place, then the flying sections are more of a minigame that also serve as a hub world. Then you drop down to Hyrule, which IIRC there really isn't any solid info about.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Come to think of it, Skyloft's architecture is very Hyrulean and Terminan. Actually, all of the architecture so far seen is hybridized between the two. The clockwork machinery for instance. Such a motif is not Hyrulean; Termina is the clockwork land. And yet we have the mystic Hyrulean architecture in the mix. The lore so far, Ghirahim resembling both Vaati and the Gilded Sword whilst commanding Twilight-like magic, Fi's resemblence to both the Fairy Queen and the Master Sword, and oh man I'm sleepy.

I'd write more, but time for bed.

Edit: Last thought: if we ever revisit Termina in a new game (not MM remake), I'd like to see the land stylistically redesigned to have widespread clockworking around the land; a game spent in a future time... Got it! I want to see a Twilight Princess sequel where Link travels to Termina. This is Termina at least a century later, perhaps many centuries (as Twilight Princess takes place at the same time that The Wind Waker does). No, scratch that. I don't want to see Twilight Princess Link ever again. I want to see Termina in another time, from the perspective of a new Link.

Man, when are they gonna make some crazy end-all, be-all Zelda game where every incarnation of Link intersect at some point in time? Or a game that you play through multiple periods of Hyrule with one Link who changes appearance based on the incarnation of Hyrule that he's in? Perhaps we don't play through every incarnation after all—but a select group, including perhaps one or two new ones. I think the most interesting and deserved combination would be: NES Link, Skyward Sword Link, Majora's Mask Link, Dark Link, New Link. What am I even talking about, I can't remember. I blanked out for about t83n minutes.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I think the concept of this game is to not use Hyrule as an overworld to it's dungeons, but to use The Sky as an overworld to sections of Hyrule. Each Hyrulean region will serve as a "world" a la Super Mario and Donkey Kong Country Returns, except much more seamless. What remains to be seen are connections between the regions.

That's a great analysis.

I've also been calling that they need to add an upgrade system since forever, I love that they finally did it!
And they made the graphics just perfect.
And the story looks epic.
The boss fights look enthralling.

God I can't ****ing wait. I'll murder for this game.

Top Bottom