• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - NO SPOILERS, USE THE SPOILER THREAD PLEASE

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No real time day/night? I get it turns to day by sleeping at night, but how does it turn to night?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Gannon banned? so he is confirmed to not being in it? Lol. Sorry haven't been reading much of the news.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The save system will probably work into the game mechanics and not be so hard to work with - Like FF13 save point (Those things are on the way every five minutes of gameplay just about) and they probably added it to also prevent game ending glitches like TP had.

There was a glitch before a certain point that if you did, and turned the game off and played at a later point, you'd never be able to progress. I think i remember this one too - it was some point during the hyrule castle bit.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well, one of the story plots pointed out recently was Ghriham(spelling?) goal. That being
him trying to revive his master

So I'm not going to hold the Nintendo to their claims that Ganon or ganondorf isn't going to show up.

escro

Smash Ace
Cool.
So where can i preorder the gold wiimote bundle? I doubt ill make it to the stores on the release date before they get sold out.

:phone:

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Well, one of the story plots pointed out recently was Ghriham(spelling?) goal. That being
him trying to revive his master

So I'm not going to hold the Nintendo to their claims that Ganon or ganondorf isn't going to show up.
I hope that turns out to be
Majora
. Would be cool what with Ghirahim's Gilded Sword color scheme and all.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's the happy mask salesman. He's finally going to show his true intentions

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I hope that turns out to be
Majora
. Would be cool what with Ghirahim's Gilded Sword color scheme and all.
I don't know why people keep mentioning the Gilded Sword. It had absolutely NO importance in the game other than a direct upgrade. It would make more sense if he looked like something we needed to use.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I am unphased by the recent spoilers. I loved the day/night system in MM, was indifferent to it in WW/TP, and hated it in OoT. This looks to be totally new for the series, and I am okay with it. Something about giving Link's sleeping a new purpose is attractive; it subtly reads into the expansive, renewing intent of the developers. Gaming nuances can be reprogrammed to serve new purposes and there's no problem with that—so long as they aren't game-breaking.

escro

Smash Ace
I dont like the save system, if it's to be the same as MM.
Too many times i had to redo whole dungeons because the game crashed so i couldnt go back to prev save point because well, id already loaded it.
The whole idea of link having to take naps could be nasty unless its done quickly and smoothly, like cutscence style or something.

kupo15

Smash Hero
who knows. Maybe you can save at a statue and keep your progress instead of wiping out your progress after you loaded it. I don't think this game will also have a song of time-esq saving feature as well soo. And this game is on CD so you don't have to worry about crashing.

escro

Smash Ace
Either way, even if it gets **** reviews/hate for any reason which is def not gunna happen, im still gunna go buy it
So anyone kind enough to tell me where to preorder the gold wiimote bundle edition from?

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I don't know why people keep mentioning the Gilded Sword. It had absolutely NO importance in the game other than a direct upgrade. It would make more sense if he looked like something we needed to use.
WHo cares? Ghirahim's design is still the same exact thing as the Gilded Sword down to the jewel. It's not like Nintendo has ever retconned things before, right? Furthermore, the plot of SS seems to be directly dealing with beings that also serve as swords. And also, they said that we would be returning to a land that wasn't Hyrule. It's kinda dumb to just assume that callback wasn't intentional just because the sword wasn't that important to the plot of Majora's Mask. Like whenever has Nintendo really cared about continuity and narrative?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
It's not needed because it's not needed. I've never finished the Biggoron quest before yet I've beaten the game.

D

Deleted member

Just saw a more recent trailer of Link and Zelda.

I'm really liking the chemistry the two have in this game. Very unlike Twilight Princess, where Link seemed to only care about Midna.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
and also, SS takes place in (presumably) a different universe than MM anyways. The fact that the gilded sword has a humble genesis in Termina doesn't really mean anything for Hyrule, especially a vastly different Hyrule hundreds of years earlier. People are really arguing that there is nothing to Ghirahim's visual design?

I would not think so much of it if the other major new character, Fi, wasn't a humanoid representation of the Skyward Sword.

Of course, the connection could be purely visual, if it even turns out that Ghirahim is even a sword-person-thing at all. I'm just saying the visual similarities between him and the gilded sword could not have been unintentional is all.

escro

Smash Ace
let's hope that there's a character representation of ALL the swords in the Zelda games so far...

deku, biggoron, master, skyward, gilded, .....

dunno if this is plausible at all, but it'd be awesome if it were to be true

escro

Smash Ace
how many swords are there anyway?
the ones i listed there are all the ones i know cuz i havent played all of the games so i dunno if there were any new swords worth mentioning

Ecks

Smash Lord
I just preordered this game. I'm soo looking forward to getting my hands on it! And thank god the special edition comes with a Mplus controller. I never bought that thing. XD

escro

Smash Ace
no **** it will be.
IMO i prefer the twilight princess art style, but im sure the new impressionist style of skyward sword will grow on me and ill love it in no time
but who cares, it's friken zelda!

etecoon

Smash Hero
this looks like it will be the best zelda game yet in conceptual terms, I'm still very cautious with any optimism though because I've always hated wii controls and that can always potentially ruin a game for me

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I've yet to play a motionplus game. I really hope the controls work out and are as smooth and intuitive as some of the demos look like. I think that is what most people will be split on.
This.

But even then, there're so many options! Did you guys see the trailer where, instead of cutting the enemies shield, Link uses it to JUMP OVER THE ENEMY?
That. Is. Amazing.

kupo15

Smash Hero
this looks like it will be the best zelda game yet in conceptual terms, I'm still very cautious with any optimism though because I've always hated wii controls and that can always potentially ruin a game for me
This. I was able to get through TP Wii but the GC version was so much better. I'm hoping that SS will feel somewhere inbetween the at least with the motion+

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
This game has so much potential. I've never been able to look at a Zelda and think that it could surpass OoT until now. SS is going to be amazing, plus I'm gonna get to play it with a girl I met recently.

Top Bottom