• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - NO SPOILERS, USE THE SPOILER THREAD PLEASE

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Of course not. I'm mainly talking about hype but considering the fact that I've never even beaten OoT and only beaten MM/TP once I'm hoping I'll be able to notice some parallels with SS's story that I might not have caught if I didn't play the other games before.

Plus I'll be able to really compare the games a lot easier if I play them in sequence.

escro

Smash Ace
well the more you play the games, the easier it gets to expect what to do
like which walls to bomb, which trees to roll into, when to try play songs on the ocarina, etc
so i guess it does help
but atm im only replaying OoT for the hype
=D

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
That's what we've been told. Although to be honest, we've all got at least a bit of skepticism about that.

D

Deleted member

I was convinced Zant was the main villain in Twilight Princess until I played through it, so yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Ganon shows up.

I mean, they should at least go into his origins if this is a prequel to Ocarina of Time.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Yeah, that's what's confusing. This is the origin of the Master Sword. If it's the origin of the Master Sword, where the hell is Ganondorf?

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That sword is the Blade of Evil's bane, not Ganondorf's.

And I have no doubt Ganondorf will find his way into the game, even if he plays no role at all. Nintendo is just being quiet to surprise everyone.

That's what I believe.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Well yeah, it's the Ban of Evil's bane. We just always assume the the evil it's talking about is Ganon. It'd just be kind of a boner kill to find out the sword wasn't even talking about Ganon all these years and just Debbie.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I don't know, man.

I was set pretty far aback when I found out Zelda was the princess, and not the boy in the green tunic.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Well yeah, it's the Ban of Evil's bane. We just always assume the the evil it's talking about is Ganon. It'd just be kind of a boner kill to find out the sword wasn't even talking about Ganon all these years and just Debbie.
What are you talking about. Evil is a concept. When they say sword of evil's bane, they mean evil in general, not one specific person. It was never "sword of Ganon's bane"

I'm also not sure why SS would even have to feature Ganon at all. In OoT he's a regular thief until he uses the triforce to change forms. Why would he even be present hundreds of years earlier?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Because its Ganon(dorf) in OoT. Ganon im pretty sure is the always(basically) there evil spirit. The ultimate evil basically.One might say Ganon is the Embodiment of evil in the zeldaverse

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sure, it's implied.

But it's not limited to him.

As it is not said in the Terms and Conditions of Use for the Master Sword that it is meant for only manondorf.

:b:

D

Deleted member

What are you talking about. Evil is a concept. When they say sword of evil's bane, they mean evil in general, not one specific person. It was never "sword of Ganon's bane"

I'm also not sure why SS would even have to feature Ganon at all. In OoT he's a regular thief until he uses the triforce to change forms. Why would he even be present hundreds of years earlier?
In his defense, Zelda in Ocarina of Time calls Ganondorf the "King of Evil".

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Oh yeah, I was reading the same article earlier. My body has never been more ready than it is now.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
That article has single-handedly gotten me more excited for this game than any other that I've read!

More customization is ALWAYS a good thing in video games!

etecoon

Smash Hero
it's going a little far to say that SS is going to be an RPG and it oversells that point, but the confirmation of more customization is definitely great news and has me excited

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I've been reading and following all the SS stuff over the last few weeks, and while I try to keep a cool head about upcoming games in general, my hype level is off the charts for this.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yeah, it's hard not to. It's literally going to be the best Nintendo game. All the naysayers will turn their heads.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
You guys really think this will be the Zelda game that dethrones OoT as the best LoZ game ever?

Im just as hyped as the next guy but that's a pretty tall order...

:phone:

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well I think MM is already a better game than OoT but as far at the public is concerned, I think SS has a fantastic chance of dethroning that old horse. Not only do I believe it will dethrone OoT, but I am convinced at this point it will be Nintendo's best game to date. At least to me, this game looks more appealing than anything the gaming industry has ever offered, and I'm trying to keep my hype hat on. Fortunately I have a busy enough schedule to not devote my excess hours to hyping myself up for the game via internet and drawing/painting zelda fan art—as I've done for the past four years.

edit: ninja'd

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I dunno. I can't say MM is truly better than OoT. They're different experiences. I would never really compare them beyond them both being Zelda titles.

It looks like SS is going to be the same way. I don't want "best". I just want "new"

Spire

III
BRoomer
They are equal experientially because of their differences, but in terms of gameplay (hence which is a better game), Majora's Mask wins over Ocarina of Time. I think it's fair to compare like-Zelda games such as OoT and MM, but not OoT to ALttP or any other 2D Zelda. Skyward Sword is going to introduce a whole lot of new, but you will be thinking of how it compares to OoT, MM, WW, and TP. And then you'll realize the influence of PH/ST, ALttP, LoZ/AoL, TMC, and every other Zelda and how it's basically taking the best aspects of every single game and making a whole new experience out of the woodwork.

This is prime hypetalk, I'm basically trying to sell a game I've never played.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I certainly wouldn't put Majora's Mask over OoT in strict gameplay terms. Not enough "meat", too much tedium, in my eyes. The first cycle of MM is a horrible horrible blight on a great game. Not to mention some other suspect design choices.

Top Bottom