• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Interview Topic - #9 Ally (Interview UP!)

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Unfortunately, TwentyTwo has given up ownership of the Interview Thread. He led it very well for a long time, but now I'm taking over. I'm not really making any changes to the formula, but I hope to get each interview finished a bit faster than they had been under TwentyTwo's ownership of the thread.

So here in the General Brawl room we will be bringing you an interview from a Top Player or Influential Member of the Community, hopefully at least 2 times a month.

Better yet, the questions we will be using will be coming from none other than well, you. The format works like this: I will open the thread for each interviewee, and then leave it open for about a week for you to submit any and all potential interview questions you can think of (please only post actual questions in the thread until the interview goes up). The best questions will then be used for the actual interview, and then bam like butter the OP will be updated so all of SWF can read the interview.

Past Interviews:

M2K
DSF
Anther
Dojo
NinjaLink
Lain
mikeHAZE
SOLID

So yeah, this time we got Ally, the best Snake and one of the best Brawl players in the world!

HOLOpaW: Why do you main Snake?

Because I wanted to play with him when I saw him on the Smash Dojo update, I liked MGS series too ( I need to play the 4th still -.-).

vanek_pi: What do you think is your best match up, and what do you think is your worst?

Uh... I don't wanna put low tiers in this XD but I think I do good against MKs if it's not M2K, he is still trouble. My worst would be Marth, I don't know what to do yet.

VodkaHaze: How did it feel when you beat M2K at Apex?

I was happy since I beat the Legendary M2K! Lol I got a lil sad when the money was given, it was small for a national.

Nova9000: What has been your biggest obstacle in terms of staying the most dominant Snake player so far?

Enjoying the game ;/ I can't play it if it's not a tourney set anymore.

MetalMusicMan: Where do you think Snake should be placed on the Tier List?

3rd-4th or 5th best.

lax guy5: Do you think you're the Brawl best player in the world?

Meh, me and M2K goes 50-50 now, I want Pound 4 to decide who is ;D if both of us gets to GFs.

JOE!: What are your thoughts, as one of our Top Pros, on the Brawl+ and BBrawl projects, which aim to make the game more competitive and balanced?

Terrible, no offense, I recently discovered Kirby can Swallow Ganon, jump out of stage, let it release and then just dair him or grab the ledge for the kill. Talk about fixing and balancing.

Iliad: What is the secret to your inhuman DI?

I don't know, it just happens like that...

Iliad: When and where was your first tournament?

... MY 1st was in a local tourney in my own city, I won like 30 bucks and a Giant Mario Plushie. lol but my real one imo was a tourney in Montreal where I won 1st with only losing one game.

hyperhopper: How can an OK snake take steps to become a pro snake?

It's all about the mind =.= I wish I could explain but it's too hard since it's from your own mind.

Lord Rayku: How do you convince your girlfriend to come to tournaments with you?

She went to tourneys before she even met me in Michigan. She's a brawler too lol.

4 the lulz: Ally, would you ever use Captain Falcon in regular singles?

I already did before, I believe I beat some players ( I don't wanna name ‘em lol) I haven’t for a while though, I would only use him against non-MKs, D3s player probably.

Sanuzi: When are you gonna sit down and train with Kage for a week to become one of the best at Melee?

He's too far still, not worth it -.-.

dragonblooded: How does it really feel to be considered one of the TOP TWO brawlers in the world? How does it feel when you go to a tourney and every single part of your play is judged?

It's cool I guess, I don't get what you mean on your 2nd question though :p excuse my foreignness.

__crystal____: If you could make a single change to Snake, or some aspect of the Brawl, what would it be?

I wish he was even heavier when he fastfalls, or more air mobility.

King Funk: Will you come to Europe in summer 2010? Many players from the USA, Melee or Brawl, are thinking of doing that. Are you?

I've been thinking of going with M2K, only if there's a big big tourney ;P

haloman800: Who is your hardest opponent/character to fight?

****ing M2K or ADHD with his Diddy.

kingcobra9: Is the Y in your name pronounced like I or E?

Doesn't matter at all.

TLMSheikant: Should MK be banned?

Ban tornado! But nah not really.

JUDGE: Have you ever thought about dropping snake?

No lol, that'd be the end of Smash for me if it happens.

Vrael: What do you do with all of the prize money that you win?

Save up a bit, use a lot of my expensive transportation =.= and travel. Not much in other words. Some other stuff like gifts but yeah...

There you go, straight from the man himself!

Thanks a lot Ally.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Why do you main Snake?
What do you think seperates you from the other snakes?
Have you seen Snakes on a Plane? (lol)
What's your favorate move in Brawl?

Reb

Smash Rookie
What is your favorite stage?
What advice would you give to Snake players (or just players in general) just starting up in the competitive scene, based on your experiences?

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
How did it feel that you beat M2K at Apex?
Why do you second Captain Falcon?
Do you suffer from Deja vu?
What is your favourite stage that is tournament legal?
What is your least favourite stage (legal or banned)?
Did someone **** when you were playing M2K?
Do you suffer from Deja vu?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
What is your take on the Snake v. ROB MU?

Why do you make Holy look so bad?

How can I obtain some of the insane DI that you posess?

What advice do you have for someone trying to get better?

What has been your biggest obstacle in tems of staying the most dominant Snake player so far?

If you can be anyone for a day, who would it be and why?

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Do u think Snake is gay?
Why are u so awesome?
Why did u pick Snake as your main?
should mk be banned?
How should the TL vs snake matchup be played from the TL side?

JUDGE

Smash Lord
why do you **** so hard?
why does it come that your DI is so great? any tips how to train?
are you afraid when you see you have to fight m2k?
how was your feelin' when you beat m2k at apex?
ever thought about dropping snake?
is it true that we all pronounce your name wrong?
d'you like cookies?

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Where would you say Ganondorf and Falcon should go on the tier list? - Not a good question, I know.

tocador

Smash Lord
What do you think about the diddy mu?

When you play you look so serious, are you serious in real life to?

How old? You work? Study?

You awesome and im your fan, all the way here from Brazil. Do you have any thoughts of ever comming down here?

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
How do you feel about the matchups where Snake gets chain grabbed, excluding Ice Climbers (So basically, how do you feel about Pikachu, Falco, DeDeDe and how do you feel the chain grab affects the match)? Do you think it is Snake or the opponents favor, why?

Where do you think Snake should be placed on the Tier List?

How do you feel about the Snake vs Metaknight matchup, who comes out on top?

Who do you think Snake does best with in Doubles / how do you think Snake is in Doubles overall?

lax guy5

Smash Journeyman
Do you think you're the Brawl best player in the world?
Did you choose Snake as your main before looking at the tier list?
If you could only use ONE move Snake has for the rest of your Brawl career, what would it be and why?

JOE!

Smash Hero
What are your thoughts, as one of our Top Pros, on the Brawl+ and BBrawl projects, which aim to make the game more competitive and balanced?

You have been described as a person who develops his own methods to combat the various characters in Brawl with Snake. Given that Snake is seen by many as a character that camps his opposition... Do you agree with this view point? What specific match-up advice would you give to other Snake mains?

Iliad

Smash Lord
When and where was your first tournament?

Having seen videos of your online play during the first months of brawl's release, you were terrible! When and how did you become the beast that you are today?

Snake's rolling is usually very punishable, and yet you spam them out against pros constantly. Is it a mindgame to use basic strategies not used often at high level of play?

How did it feel to two stock m2k on his counterpick at Apex? And how did you know to refuse his silver-tongued charm when he asked for a split?

*Edit, almost forgot* What is the secret to your inhuman DI?

Finally... When will you accept that Culex is a far superior Captain Falcon to you, and that you'll never be able to attain his level of manliness? :D

~Ali

Smash Rookie
When was the last time you played a 4-player FFA with items on ?

Who's your best opponent ?

Why did you choose Snake ?

In how many tournaments have you participated?

How is your diary life ?

How was your first tournament?

(I know, my english sux :))

Moozle

Smash Champion
Who is your favorite pokemon?(:054:)

What is your favorite type of music?

What mid/low tier character do you hate fighting most/have the hardest time with?

Jobes

Smash Apprentice
What do you think is the most important thing to be good at in Brawl?
Technical Skill
Matchup Knowledge
Reading your opponent
Prediction
Other?

The Truth...

Smash Apprentice
What is it that makes you win your matches? Super Reads? match up experience? mix ups? what?

Do you think Sakurai screwed you against your match with DEHF game 1 at active gamers? (Trip that lead into a grab furthering your damage percent and putting you into a vunerable postion)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnDOuhUSx1c

4:25

Why are you the only snake that can take off games of m2k and BEAT him? What is it that you do differntly?

Why are you roboticly/Physically (lol made up words) unable to lose to an mk?

What mindset do you have going into matches?

Louis

Smash Rookie
Ally, would you say that you a better at understanding match-ups or at reading your opponent? I think that the reason you are so good is because you are able to see patterns that your opponents make. Would you agree?

Top Bottom