• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ike Profiles Thread - Post Your Profile!

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Now that I see this, I'll contribute.

gsninja
Tournament, Casual player
Calabasas, California (SoCal!)

^ This is the most recent picture I have of me, taken at a party on New Year's Eve. I'm the dude in the middle lol.

Anyways, as you can tell, my name is gsninja, which is the SN I use for essentially every site I register at, short for Golden Sun ninja. My real name is Andrea, and because I was born in Italy, where Andrea is a male-only name, it's completely justified haha (And yes, I'm a full-blooded Italian, which I can be proud of). I'm 5'8" and 147 lbs, which I find to be average (I was weighing at 155 lbs a week and a half ago, I have no clue what the hell happened LOL).

I'm 19 years old and am starting the spring semester of my second year in college, my major being graphic arts and my minor being business. I'm a gigantic, and I do mean GIGANTIC, procrastinator, which is the reason why my GPA is currently really low. I'm out of a job at the moment, and I'm about three months away from losing literally all of my money unless I can find work. I am currently holding a seasonal employment at GameStop, but they aren't scheduling me for ****. 15% discount at GS and 30% discount at Barnes & Noble really helps, though.

I used to be a really good basketball player in high school despite my height, but after sophomore year, I rarely had the time to play anymore. I love to work out, and I try to follow my schedule of five times a week, 1 hour a day at the gym as rigorously as I can. I played the clarinet for three-and-a-half years before I quit, although I still have it! I also love parties, and I go to them whenever the opportunity presents itself. I've never had a girlfriend, but I have hooked up with girls, which may sound odd to some, but whatever.

On to Smash...I wasn't competitive until about three or four years ago. In Melee, my Sheik was fairly decent, but never developed more than that because I could never get myself to Smash tournies nearby. I hardly touch Melee now because I only play it with my friends, who don't play it anymore either.
As for Brawl, I chose to main Ike for two reasons, called Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. If it wasn't for the fact that I not only loved those games, but adored Ike as a unit and liked his personality, I never would have mained him. Ike is a not-so-good character who completely goes against my usual character choice of speedy characters, but ****it I'm gonna main him for the rest of my Brawl "career"! I was a pretty good Ike player until the end of '08, which began the giant drop-off from tournament settings and Brawl in general. Last tourney I played in was on March '09, during which I played well during pre-tourney friendlies, but got knocked out first round LOL. Since then, I've only been playing Brawl with friends, and nothing close to what I can get to "seriously". I might get back into Brawl eventually, but for now, I play with friends or online FFAs.

As for other gaming related things...Golden Sun and Pokemon are my two favorite series of ALL TIME. I'm currently playing CoD: MW2 a lot, but because my 360 is currently at M$, I can't play that or Bayonetta for another couple weeks (FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-). RPG is my absolute favorite genre, followed by action/adventure. I know only ONE person irl who likes Ninja Gaiden as much as I do, hahaha.

That's all I can think of, really.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Okay guys... how are we going to re-format this?

Also, we need more profiles... otherwise this thread is going to die (again).

Palpi

Smash Hero

My name is Tyler, I currently attend Pennsbury Highschool and I plan on going to Buck County Community College! (F YEAH!) I'll be 18 in 10 days. I am pretty much only interested in Music, Smash, and Magic The Gathering. I play Trumpet, Guitar, Drums~, and I sing. Singing is my favorite of the rest partly because I lead sing in my band known as Lör. Our genre is basically epic, symphonic metal. We are the greatest band to ever grace this earth. Foreal.

In Brawl I main Metaknight, secondary, Falco, Marth, Snake, and obviously Ike. Ike is my low tier main, but he is probably the most fun character I use, but he sucks, so I don't use him =]
I might use him more in tournaments to come, but I don't know. My favorite move with Ike is probably nair.

In Melee I am trying to decide on a main but honestly, I can't seem to choose one for ****! I am trying to decide between Marth, Jiggs, Ganon and Falcon. Falcon might be the best choice, but I don't know. I don't plan on going to a melee tournament for a little while, so I guess I can decide until then.

I started my competitive smash adventure in November of 2008 and since then I have entered around 9 or 10 tournaments and hosted my first tournament with Melo back in September known as Restricted Area.

I used to play Counter Strike source competitively. I entered CAL (Cyber Athlete Amateur League) twice and went 5-3 in the Open league and made it to Cal IM (Intermediate) one season but quit before the season. I joined CEVO with another team and went 3-3 before breaking up :( I was pretty ****ing amazing. I'll play if anyone wants to play..I will be rusty.

I played wow since release to last august and I quit because it enjoyed talking to the people more than playing the game. .. .. significantly more. I am really excited for Star wars the old republic to come out...and i hope my laptop can run it!!!!

Oh yeah I play Tennis on my teams tennis team and I am first doubles. =] SPORTS!!!!

Random Knowledge.
Everyone tells me I always look stoned, but I have never smoked anything in my life. It is a curse I suppose.
I have add.
I have a 2.343 GPA.
Kamelot is my favorite Band.
My Favorite genres of music are Metal, Ska, and Techno (happy hardcore, trance esque stuff)
I hate Weeaboos (Urban Dictionary it)
My ike is disgusting. GET AT ME! :chuckle:

-Palpi

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
i'd put mine but i dun really play ike anymore lol
don't deserve it :X
tho most of the people i talk/hang out with in the smash world tend to be ike mainers anyway ~_~

@palpi,nice :p

metroid1117

Smash Master

My name is Tyler, I currently attend Pennsbury Highschool and I plan on going to Buck County Community College! (F YEAH!) I'll be 18 in 10 days. I am pretty much only interested in Music, Smash, and Magic The Gathering. I play Trumpet, Guitar, Drums~, and I sing. Singing is my favorite of the rest partly because I lead sing in my band known as Lör. Our genre is basically epic, symphonic metal. We are the greatest band to ever grace this earth. Foreal.

In Brawl I main Metaknight, secondary, Falco, Marth, Snake, and obviously Ike. Ike is my low tier main, but he is probably the most fun character I use, but he sucks, so I don't use him =]
I might use him more in tournaments to come, but I don't know. My favorite move with Ike is probably nair.

In Melee I am trying to decide on a main but honestly, I can't seem to choose one for ****! I am trying to decide between Marth, Jiggs, Ganon and Falcon. Falcon might be the best choice, but I don't know. I don't plan on going to a melee tournament for a little while, so I guess I can decide until then.

I started my competitive smash adventure in November of 2008 and since then I have entered around 9 or 10 tournaments and hosted my first tournament with Melo back in September known as Restricted Area.

I used to play Counter Strike source competitively. I entered CAL (Cyber Athlete Amateur League) twice and went 5-3 in the Open league and made it to Cal IM (Intermediate) one season but quit before the season. I joined CEVO with another team and went 3-3 before breaking up :( I was pretty ****ing amazing. I'll play if anyone wants to play..I will be rusty.

I played wow since release to last august and I quit because it enjoyed talking to the people more than playing the game. .. .. significantly more. I am really excited for Star wars the old republic to come out...and i hope my laptop can run it!!!!

Oh yeah I play Tennis on my teams tennis team and I am first doubles. =] SPORTS!!!!

Random Knowledge.
Everyone tells me I always look stoned, but I have never smoked anything in my life. It is a curse I suppose.
I have add.
I have a 2.343 GPA.
Kamelot is my favorite Band.
My Favorite genres of music are Metal, Ska, and Techno (happy hardcore, trance esque stuff)
I hate Weeaboos (Urban Dictionary it)
My ike is disgusting. GET AT ME! :chuckle:

-Palpi
Competitive CS? That's pretty legit.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Your friend is heading towards a dead end. CS:S is a dead game. =] Though he is probably much better than me. My team was 'sponsored' by this server company, got a really really good server (1000 fps boost, 100 tic, for any who care) for like 30$ a month and that would usually cost 120-140$ / month from other companies like nuclear fallout. (the server company was called MPG, they were also a team in Tf2. We were 'e-friends' with the own of MPG so that is why it was considered sponsored haha).

Slaps lets play some wifi bro.

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
Okay guys... how are we going to re-format this?

Also, we need more profiles... otherwise this thread is going to die (again).
I don't post here, but I secondary Ike, and (used to) play Nyke. He was my Ike buddy until he stopped playing wifi. I can post a profile. Want it?

Just some basic info, I main Diddy Kong, second Ike, but 95% of the time play Ganon (because I've nver been to a tourney). So yeah, I laugh at character johns from you. Started Brawl in April last year I think.
Tournament count: 0.
Asian: Yes.
Old enough to drive: No.
Asian parents: YES. :urg:
_________ __________
Crew in sig v (with Nyke)

benaji261!

Smash Ace
I don't post here, but I secondary Ike, and (used to) play Nyke. He was my Ike buddy until he stopped playing wifi. I can post a profile. Want it?

Just some basic info, I main Diddy Kong, second Ike, but 95% of the time play Ganon (because I've nver been to a tourney). So yeah, I laugh at character johns from you. Started Brawl in April last year I think.
Tournament count: 0.
Asian: Yes.
Old enough to drive: No.
Asian parents: YES. :urg:
_________ __________
Crew in sig v (with Nyke)
lol idk if we could put your profile here, not because you don't MAIN ike... I mean we're putting palpi's in here, but I'm sure it's because of the activeness on the ike boards that allows your profile put up there... consult metroid about it if anything. You seem like a cool dude. :D

Palpi

Smash Hero
Bored your profile is ridiculous.

and Benaji, Kamelot is my life pretty much :). I am going to europe and seeing them in 2 summers. It will be the greatest experience of my life.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
What do you mean by all on the front page? We can't hide any of them deeper in the thread and there's not really anywhere else to put them.

Like I said there's already an order to it: procrastination level :bee: But I guess alphabetical order would be best if we want to rearrange them because it doesn't bring up the problem of "so my country comes after yours does it?" Not that I would have a problem with that but you never know who might.

I vote alphabetical.

:034:
Eh, it's pretty much "First come"," first serve" on the Ike finder thread, so why not? Also, I think more people here would be willing to play people from the US or in this case, would rather know the good players from their home country as this is an American site so it would be smart to put them at the top. I don't really care if we're at the bottom of the list. Also, Australia is pretty much an unknown country regarding smash. I only know of a few competitive players here and I'm only able to play them over Wi-Fi for now and there are currently no known Ike mains (From what I know.) here; I feel I'm the only person in the whole country who actually mains him and not uses him as a secondary character. In other words, nothing really going on for Ike here in AUS. I think this opinion likely came a LITTLE late. Lol.

By the way, if anyone knows how to hide text (as in, click on the name and then have the text appear), it would be pretty sweet if we could do it like that.
You mean this? :p I also know how to get rid of the title "hidden text" as well to suite all your needs. All this for a small price of course. Heheheh...:evil:

Lol, I'm being stupid. It's actually pretty simple to do. Just quote my comment and you'll find out how. =P (If you were smart enough in the first place, people would've done that anyway to find out how I did that and thus my mockery would have failed anyway regardless whether I told you how to do so or not.) Also, to change the "hidden text" title next to show, put your cursor at the end of the code [collapse . Then put =Whatever title name you want] and it won't say hidden text anymore. Instead, it'll have what you want it to say/display instead. Eg. [collapse=Atria] In this case for me, it'll say Atria instead of hidden text if I complete the coding which I didn't. It WILL work once you do though. Include the ] at the end of the title name you want and don't space anything. The code at the end of all the text you want to hide remains the same as you'll find out by quoting my reply.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Eh, it's pretty much "First come"," first serve" on the Ike finder thread, so why not? Also, I think more people here would be willing to play people from the US or in this case, would rather know the good players from their home country as this is an American site so it would be smart to put them at the top. I don't really care if we're at the bottom of the list. Also, Australia is pretty much an unknown country regarding smash. I only know of a few competitive players here and I'm only able to play them over Wi-Fi for now and there are currently no known Ike mains (From what I know.) here; I feel I'm the only person in the whole country who actually mains him and not uses him as a secondary character. In other words, nothing really going on for Ike here in AUS. I think this opinion likely came a LITTLE late. Lol.
The Ike finder thread is arranged by region though, so it's much more organized than this thread.

You mean this? :p I also know how to get rid of the title "hidden text" as well to suite all your needs. All this for a small price of course. Heheheh...:evil:

Lol, I'm being stupid. It's actually pretty simple to do. Just quote my comment and you'll find out how. =P (If you were smart enough in the first place, people would've done that anyway to find out how I did that and thus my mockery would have failed anyway regardless whether I told you how to do so or not.) Also, to change the "hidden text" title next to show, put your cursor at the end of the code [collapse . Then put =Whatever title name you want] and it won't say hidden text anymore. Instead, it'll have what you want it to say/display instead. Eg. [collapse=Atria] In this case for me, it'll say Atria instead of hidden text if I complete the coding which I didn't. It WILL work once you do though. Include the ] at the end of the title name you want and don't space anything. The code at the end of all the text you want to hide remains the same as you'll find out by quoting my reply.
Wow, you are amazing. Thanks a lot, I'll be sure to integrate this.

GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DO YOU WANT THIS THREAD TO BE FORMATTED?!?!?!? By region, alphabetical order, etc.? Personally, I'd go for region and then alphabetical.

This is so cool.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
The Ike finder thread is arranged by region though, so it's much more organized than this thread.
K. Does sound logical that they're meant to be set-up like that.

Wow, you are amazing. Thanks a lot, I'll be sure to integrate this.

GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DO YOU WANT THIS THREAD TO BE FORMATTED?!?!?!? By region, alphabetical order, etc.? Personally, I'd go for region and then alphabetical.
NP. :)

Regional would be cool. I'm not too high about alphabetical lists. Eh, it's what you guys want. Just think regional would be better and more interesting slightly. Oh, and possibly to give a suggestion for the OP, IDK if anyone would like this, but you could add color to the player's name or even text. I think just name would be fine though. It would personalize it more IMO. However, there aren't many text colors to choose from and it might get too seizuriffic. :dizzy:

Somebody Else

Smash Apprentice
Aw, mine's gone :(

But yeah, looks much nicer now.

No wait, it's just grouped with Bored's o_O

There anyone else from the UK on here?

Atria

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure it's just a coding error. He just forgot to add the end code to Bored's profile and the start code to your profile.

Also, Ussi's picture is gone. :laugh:

metroid1117

Smash Master
Aw, mine's gone :(

But yeah, looks much nicer now.

No wait, it's just grouped with Bored's o_O

There anyone else from the UK on here?
I'm pretty sure it's just a coding error. He just forgot to add the end code to Bored's profile and the start code to your profile.

Also, Ussi's picture is gone. :laugh:
... Oops. My bad, I just fixed both errors now.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hmm... so far I have a lot of votes for regional -> alphabetical. If it were to be regional, should it be arranged like it is in the Ike Finder Thread?

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Hmm... so far I have a lot of votes for regional -> alphabetical. If it were to be regional, should it be arranged like it is in the Ike Finder Thread?
Eh if that's the case then yea that would work. I would be interested to know who lives in my region, if anyone.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Wtf? Pretty sure I posted in here and 502 caused it to post triple and then I merged them into one... and now it's gone...

Anyways, I stickied this so if anyone wants to add their profile who hasn't yet, go right ahead.

:034:

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Hmmm i would like to like to join this i main ike and everything but my camera sucxxxxxz >_<

Top Bottom