• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ike Profiles Thread - Post Your Profile!

metroid1117

Smash Master
If you frequent the Ike boards and contribute to our discussions, feel free to submit your profile here to be put up on the OP! Either that, or post your profile and it will be added in after you become more active :). It doesn't have to include a picture, it could just be a write up about yourself so others here will know you a bit better. Go ahead and browse through the other profiles as well to see what we Ike mains are all about!

[collapse=Nysyarc]Nysyarc (aka Nyke)
Tournament / WiFi player
Nova Scotia, Canada

My name is Craysyn (hence Nysyarc) and I'm 19, currently working as a supervisor at a department store. I haven't yet figured out what I want to do for a living so I'm not enrolled at any sort of university, but I plan to by next year. In my spare time aside from Smash I enjoy writing, playing guitar, running and playing ultimate frisbee.

As for video games... my all time favorite game is a toss-up between Final Fantasy 7, Ocarina of Time and Doom 2. I can't stand most new video games that are all graphics and no content. The N64 was by far my favorite console. Recently I've been playing the Guitar Hero series, the Call of Duty series... oh and I can't wait for Diablo 3; if it's half as good as Diablo 2 was it'll be worth buying.

I've mained Ike since Brawl came out. I never used a sword fighter in either 64 or Melee but Ike just suited my style in every way. I enjoy a challenge, so I never use any other characters in tourney, even when up against a tough match-up. I tend to play pretty aggressively until I get a lead, then I ease off and play it safe. My favorite moves with Ike are probably Usmash and Utilt... and Uair...

I'm in an online Brawl crew that currently is undecided on a name (formerly known as Canada Smash Crew or CSC). We released one crew combo video under the name CSC which I am featured in. I also happen to be one of the initial members of said crew and I am the administrator of our forums: (http://canadasmashcrew.forumwise.com/).[/collapse]

[collapse=san]san
Tournament and Wifi Player
Rochester, NY (Ithaca, NY at Cornell)

Hey, my name is Sanford. I'm 18 years old. My home is in Rochester, which is close to Canada, but I am far from Canadian eh. I attend Cornell University. I don't have as much time to play brawl as I used to, but I'm hanging in there. I have been involved with all kinds of videogames all throughout my life. I played the alto sax for ~8+ years, and I like to play basketball. I'm pretty open concerning sports. I'm your typical friendly neighborhood 6'4'' black guy.

I enjoy all types of things. Playing Ouendan on the DS calms me down(More specifically, Ouendan 2, invisible elite beat mode). DS is probably my most played system. I may seem laid back at times, but lots of the time I'm pretty serious. I do pretty well all around. And I've only taken piano lessons for 1 year. TAKE THAT!

I main Ike because he is easy to control for me. I liked the physics of his jumps and his moves, for the most part. For Ike, I personally prefer the air. Nair is my favorite move. I can't help but sandbag with characters like snake and MK. No clue why.

I go all Ike in tournies, even if it's a bad matchup. I haven't really gotten destroyed in a tourney match yet. I feel like it's more worth it to play the matchup firsthand in order to understand things. I usually hope to at least get my money back at tourneys. I hope to be able to travel more so I'll be able to attend out of state tournies. I feel myself always improving so I'm glad about that.[/collapse]

[collapse=benaji261]benaji261(Ben or Benji)
Overall wifi player
Cantonment, FL

So I go by benaji261, Ben, or Benji on the interwebz. My real name is Joel. I'm 6'2" or higher idr... and weigh 140 lbs... stupid metabolism.
I'm 19 right now, my birthday being last month on Oct. 10th. My hobbies include gaming, piano playing since I was 5, and long walks on the- lol jk I'm not going there. I'm an easy-going guy and am very sociable. My favorite color is Red... I like pizza... and other junk foods... um... if I find anything to add to this I will later. OH I also procrastinate like a *****. haha

I live in Cantonment, Florida, just outside of Pensacola. I've lived here pretty much all my life, and not until earlier this year have I found a smash community... or at least 4-5 people around here who smash. I try often now to make it to tourneys, and hope to get my Ike into awesome shape so that I'm known for him.

I'm kinda peeved that as of mid-June I had my only way to transport myself taken away, but it was given to my older sister, who at the time and as of yet is having kind of a rough life... so at the same time I'm holding over without the luxury of having a car.

I'll soon be going into the Air Force to further my education and life. I've received tons of support from everyone I tell about it so I feel like I'm doing the right thing.

Going back to my Ike... I use him every chance I can, and since the game's release have been playing wifi for all my time that I brawl, on a daily basis in fact. Slowly but surely my Ike has improved, and going to tourneys offline is something I'm sure will help my Ike. Wish me luck a I try to make my Ike known across Florida.

aaaaaaaaaaaand... I guess that's it! \_(-___-)_/ Thanks for reading? lol
[/collapse]

[collapse=Mr. Doom]Mr. Doom
Brawl Tournament/Casual Player
Wichita, KS
Catch phrase: The name's Mr. Doom! Get it right!

My name is Mr. Doom, but some people call me Doom (though I would appreciate it if people call me Mr. Doom). My real name is Micah, and I am 21. I'm 6'4" and weigh approximately 159 lbs, which is not a recommended weight for my height. I live about two hundred miles south the center of the United States of America, if you don't include Alaska and Hawaii.

I love playing puzzle games, and sometimes I'll go back to the older games and play them. The one game I'd definitely keep playing is Doom95 for windows. Hence the name Mr. Doom. I have created about 60 levels for the game Doom. You can check them out at my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/MrDoom8000

I'm currently studying in the field of mathematics with an emphasis in computer science at Wichita State University. My goal is to become a game designer for a big company like Microsoft, GameFreak, Square Enix, what have you. That's why I try to immerse myself into designing levels right now.

As for me maining Ike, I wanted to go Falco at first, but Wichita already had a decent Falco main. I switched to Ike, believing that he was my type of player. I decided to stay with him after I got two stage-spikes in one game off a well-known smasher in the area. I usually play in such a way that makes people wonder what goes through my mind when I make dumb things work.[/collapse]

[collapse=Kirk]Kirk
Brawl, Brawl+, Brawl-(That's right, shameless plug) Tournament kind of guy.
Arlington Heights, IL

Adorable. Don't you wish you were that pillow?

Not known by many, but I have terrible vision. I HAVE to wear three pairs of glasses everywhere I go.

Some day, I aspire to be a model. But shhhh, it's a secret.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, hi. The name is Kirk. It's my real name, I don't go by another gamertag(though on MANY occasions people have called me Ike...and that I play Kirk...but that's another thing). Yes, I was lazy and didn't feel like coming up with a new name. Kirk seemed to fit anyhow. I'm 21 years old, about 6'4 and 120ish pounds. People hate me because I dwarf them in height and at the same time weigh less than them. Unhealthy? Perhaps, but I've made it this far just fine.

I was an avid track and cross country runner in my high school days. My personal bests are around 15:30 for a 3 mile race, 4:29 for a mile, 1:57 for half a mile, and 52 seconds for a quarter mile. I blame my weight on my love for running and my amazing ability to...not gain weight, which many have also hated me for. Unfortunately, I had to stop running competitively when I started college, as there just wasn't enough time in the day anymore.

I originally started my college career going into game design at the Rochester Institute of Technology. It took two years for me to figure out that it wasn't right for me, and for a number of reasons I moved back home to Illinois to start working and continue my education. So right now, I'm working full time and taking classes to help me get my Microsoft certifications in the field of Information Technology. All is going well in that venue, and I hope it will continue to do so.

So enough about life....kind of. I'm a big computer buff. Computers, technology, cool stuff, etc. are just about the only things I'm interested in. I couldn't see myself going into any other field other than something like information technology. My interest of video games fits nicely in with that as well. Sounds like a typical nerd right? Well, WRONG. I mean, right. I pretty much am. But I'm still cool and awesome. So you need not worry about that. I mean, look at those pictures. How AWESOME am I? Seriously.

Some of my favorite games: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Twilight Princess/The Wind Waker/Majora's Mask, Earthbound, Final Fantasy 7/8/9/10/10-2/11/12, Super Mario Galaxy, Uniracers, Elite Beat Agents, The World Ends With You, Kingdom Hearts 1/2/Chain of Memories, Diddy Kong Racing, Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney/Justice for All/Trials and Tribulations/Apollo Justice, Sonic Adventure 2, Megaman X/X2/X3, Taiko Drum Master, Dance Dance Revolution, Pikmin, Donkey Kong Country 1/2/3, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4: Turtles in Time, NBA Jam, Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, aaaaaaaaaannnndddd probably a lot more, but that should do.

Oh, and Smash. Who doesn't like that game? I didn't become "competitive" until around 3 years ago. Up until then I was just playing like a scrub with friends. In my melee days, I mained Captain Falcon and Bowser. I only ever went to one melee tournament, and that was close to Brawl's release. I was lucky enough to be super amazing and grab a Japanese version of the game, months before the American release. Some may remember my videos from WAY back when, which are still getting steady views for some strange reason. I guess you can say that's when I started to become somewhat known around the boards, though mainly in the Ike forum. Then there was that Gamestop national tournament. I won the first three rounds, having to drive about 6 hours for the third one, but I didn't qualify for the fourth and final round in California because of the lame way they scored things with KOs. But no matter, I eventually got around to going to local tournaments when the game got released in the States, and did very well for myself. I used Ike and Snake mostly, and in all my time there I never didn't place. But the past is boring...

Ike is a terrible character and you should feel bad for [playing him/losing to him]. It just seemed like no matter who else I played, I would never do as well as I did with Ike. All I can really say is...I'm happy that my experience, contributions, advice, findings, videos, and anything else has made an impact on the community and has (hopefully) done some good for a lot of people. Currently my focus has been in the hacking scene...making some cool stuff among other aspects. From this I've been able to do a lot of research and testing, and for me it is all quite fascinating. It's essentially kept this game alive for me, because lately things look grim otherwise...but that's not for this profile thing.

So that's basically it. Some other random stuff before I stop typing: I enjoy playing table tennis and ultimate frisbee, my birthday is exactly two weeks before Christmas, Disney is possibly my favorite channel of all time...not to mention the old school 2D movies are amazing, I was diagnosed with stage 4 Hodgkin's Disease when I was 10 years old, I have three computers in my room, my favorite music consists of video game soundtracks...though I'll listen to anything, I have a singing Big Mouth Billy Bass.

Ok, that's it for real.[/collapse]

[collapse=Ussi]

I'm Ussi, which is my real nickname. I'm not one to reveal my name as it's already hard enough to say. However Bored is Paki giving him the ability to say it, so my name is Usmon (spelled differently than normal). I'm only 19 and in community college. Major is still undecided :dizzy: Oh i forgot, I'm 5' 10" and weigh 160 pounds.

When brawl first came out in Japan, I watched every brawl video i could find. Not only did I plan on using Ike (And Marth but when Marth's range was pathetically shorter than before i dropped him) but his FS was kickass and he had a sword and the best range i could see. However I was disappointed when Isaac, the person i had planned to main, didn't make it, I stuck with Ike as a main.

My first tournament was in April or so. First people I talked to were dmbrandon and Inui which inspired me to keep trying in brawl and get better. My 2nd tourney I met Silven and played him in losers, in which he defeated me, and gave me pointers with both Ike and Pikachu. he also told me to drop wifi as it showed how my timing was terrible since I never played offline in my life before.

I started out as a regular of the Ike boards and I became a well appreciated Ike player for ability to debate in MU discussions well. Despite my tourney results being mediocre I saw my skill was getting no where and made a rage quit of Ike and decided to switched to Pikachu for good. Then i started playing brawl a lot in Philly. I enjoyed my time playing the Philly brawlers. I then saw Brawl+ got into that then saw Ike's ground game was too slow for it. The BBrawl came and I liked that. But then I decided to drop Brawl cause I stopped having people to play in brawl cause it costed me a bit of money and time to play in Philly (2 hour travel round trip+ 10 dollars of gas and tolls).

9 months later I watch a brawl video.. look at it, turn on my wii with the brawl disc in it. Which made me want to attempt to come back to brawl. And here I am today. I'm probably gonna remain a Pikachu main with Ike as my strong 2ndary. BTW i have yet to return to the Pikachu boards XD I feel like my home is here. Besides I enjoy how I develop Pikachu on my own, unlike how I did it with Ike.
[/collapse]

[collapse=TheeBoredOne]TheeBoredOne
Plano/Austin, Texas
Catch Phrase: "Geez, you sure are an ugly fellow. How's it been eh?" Ok I don't even say that.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Teh Brettster]Teh Brettster
Tournament Player/ Sexypants Ike
Southwest Region

Me preaching one of life's greatest pieces of advice.

Me visiting one of my heroes.

Piano surgery... er... disassembling/harvesting parts.

Chicken on my head.

My name is, if you’re dense enough not to have guessed already, Brett. The tag I use in game is derived from my initials, BLF (Brett Lawrence Farrar). I just added an exclamation mark and question mark because I felt like doing something fun with the two extra spaces. So you’ll probably always see my Ike as BLF!?
I was born 20 July, 1990 at 3:01pm—so right now, as I’m making this profile, I’m 19 years old. I’m white. I’m just shy of 5’8” and about 125 pounds—so I’m not a really big guy. But there are reasons that girls like me. =D
Speaking of girls. I like them too. My current girlfriend (shown above) kind of tops the list. I won’t give information about her, though, for a few reasons. AKA, don’t worry about it. She’s great and that’s all you need to know about her.

I’m from Carrollton, Texas (suburb of Dallas), and I attend the College of Music at the University of North Texas (UNT) in Denton (about 25 minutes North of Carrollton). It’s nice living close to home—laundry and home-cooked meal almost whenever I want it. =D
UNT has one of the most recognized schools in the United States for musical studies. I’m actually getting a degree as a Bachelor of Arts in music, as opposed to a Bachelor of Music in any specific musical field (performance, composition, education, theory, etc.), although I’ve bounced around each idea several times. Since I’ve had time to think about possible career paths, I’ve just about settled on the idea of piano technology (AKA tuning and on-the-spot repair). The profession isn’t exactly growing, so I (hopefully) may not have a hard time beating competition to some customers, and if I CAN acquire a big enough customer base, it could prove to be a decently profitable career (I know a guy who makes 6 figures comfortably). Not to mention the fact that I’ve always been fascinated by the inside of a piano, and to work with it and solve all its puzzles for a living would be really cool, to say the least.

Why Ike? Why not? He has a big sword and blue hair. And he’s strong. I like strong men. What? I just fell in love with the character before I knew anything about competitive play—THEN I got to competitive play and learned that he was not that great a character. I decided I loved Ike as much as I loved competitive play, though, so I stuck with him and decided to get good. Now I’m, albeit not one of the VERY BEST, a good, known, and respected Ike.

Random fact? Sure. My blood hyper-absorbs iron (normal iron saturation is about 25-35%-- mine is an abnormal 55%). My level of stored iron itself is not dangerously high, but to avoid it (hemachromatosis), I have been advised to donate whenever I find the opportunity. Otherwise, I will get arthritis and have kidney/liver/heart failure. YAY! (It’s really not as big a deal as it sounds since we caught it before it ever became a problem. It just sounds cool to explain the potential danger.)

Well. I think I’ve rambled on about nothing for long enough. And I’m bored and tired again. Peaces.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Palpi]

My name is Tyler, I currently attend Pennsbury Highschool and I plan on going to Buck County Community College! (F YEAH!) I'll be 18 in 10 days. I am pretty much only interested in Music, Smash, and Magic The Gathering. I play Trumpet, Guitar, Drums~, and I sing. Singing is my favorite of the rest partly because I lead sing in my band known as Lör. Our genre is basically epic, symphonic metal. We are the greatest band to ever grace this earth. Foreal.

In Brawl I main Metaknight, secondary, Falco, Marth, Snake, and obviously Ike. Ike is my low tier main, but he is probably the most fun character I use, but he sucks, so I don't use him =]
I might use him more in tournaments to come, but I don't know. My favorite move with Ike is probably nair.

In Melee I am trying to decide on a main but honestly, I can't seem to choose one for ****! I am trying to decide between Marth, Jiggs, Ganon and Falcon. Falcon might be the best choice, but I don't know. I don't plan on going to a melee tournament for a little while, so I guess I can decide until then.

I started my competitive smash adventure in November of 2008 and since then I have entered around 9 or 10 tournaments and hosted my first tournament with Melo back in September known as Restricted Area.

I used to play Counter Strike source competitively. I entered CAL (Cyber Athlete Amateur League) twice and went 5-3 in the Open league and made it to Cal IM (Intermediate) one season but quit before the season. I joined CEVO with another team and went 3-3 before breaking up :( I was pretty ****ing amazing. I'll play if anyone wants to play..I will be rusty.

I played wow since release to last august and I quit because it enjoyed talking to the people more than playing the game. .. .. significantly more. I am really excited for Star wars the old republic to come out...and i hope my laptop can run it!!!!

Oh yeah I play Tennis on my teams tennis team and I am first doubles. =] SPORTS!!!!

Random Knowledge.
Everyone tells me I always look stoned, but I have never smoked anything in my life. It is a curse I suppose.
I have add.
I have a 2.343 GPA.
Kamelot is my favorite Band.
My Favorite genres of music are Metal, Ska, and Techno (happy hardcore, trance esque stuff)
I hate Weeaboos (Urban Dictionary it)
My ike is disgusting. GET AT ME! :chuckle:

-Palpi[/collapse]

[collapse=Rykoshet]Bitter old man.[/collapse]

[collapse=AN(M)ist]Tagname: AN(M)ist
Name: Abid Naeem Mozaffar

Bio:
Greetings,
My name is Abid Naeem Mozaffar and I am a north Indian born in Kuwait. Though my ethnicity is Indian, I spent most of my years in Kuwait and had only visited India a few times. As Kuwait was relatively more advanced than my place in India, I had the privilege of experiencing a comfortable and diverse lifestyle and education. After my high school graduation, I applied and got accepted in San diego State University and thus am currently living in San Diego, California.

With respect to gaming, I have interest in all sorts of creative games. Whether they be arcade, third-person shooter, or R.P.G, as long as there are new ways of progressing, they have me going about them. Apart from gaming, I have a big interest in education and tend to be very intrigued with the things I learn (unless ofcourse, thoughts like "too lazy" or "I'll do it later" do not overwhelm me).

SSBB was completely unknown to me till I reached college. I found out about brawl in my freshmen year. In my first semester, I went to bowling ally in my college to kill time and saw some players playing brawl. That time, I was much into tekken and didn't bother much about brawl, but that soon changed when I saw nobody using sonic.

This blue hedgehog become my first main. But when I saw that sonic is gonna take some time to play competitively, I chose Ike as my other main (He kinda resembles Jin from Tekken).

Ike was amazing for me when I learned how to use him right (All the Jab combos and smashes and specials and super-armors and spikes and FE team-up and taunts and etc etc etc). The biggest challenge for me was learning to land attacks precisely so that the lags don't open me for punishment (which is seriously a really hard job; Ike has relatively too much lag in his smashes and specials).[/collapse]

Ike Main Group Photos

[collapse=WHOBO 2, April 2010]

Left to right: Brett, San, Bored, Slaps, Arturo[/collapse]

[collapse=WHOBO 3, March 2011]

Left to right: Nysyarc, Brett, Slaps, Mr. Doom[/collapse]

[collapse=Apex, January 2012]

Back row, left to right: Nysyarc, San, Waldo, Golden-psycho
Front row, left to right: Berserker Swordsman, XLR8, Ussi, Kimchi, Ryo
[/collapse]

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[collapse=Click me!]
[/collapse]

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I hope it doesn't get stickied!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@!@#!!@!!!!!!!!!!

lol jking its ok I should just stick to my thread i'm not doing a very good job on it lately anyways. I'll try making my profile today or tomorrow.

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys
Buzay' (aka Buzed in English)
Wifi player
Belgium (Europe)

(in the right !)

My name is Alex, I'm 16 right now. I'm a belgian Ike user (Belgium is in Europe !) As a typical asian, school is going well and I also play piano. I like brawl, music and table tennis (haha I'm not 100% nerd ). I've been a lurker for months and now I want to be an active member. I wanna improve my gameplay so ... let's hope !

I'm in a crew called Dash Team, you may know this clan if you play MKW (Mario Kart Wii)
(www.dashteam.com)

I've already been to Canada twice and I think I'll go to USA soon (or maybe Canada again). It would be great if I could face some of you 8) (in person )

I REALLY BELIEVE IN ASIAN SKILL !
Ike 4 Da God Tier :lick:

PS : Sorry for my poor English level because I use the English I learn at school but I often try to talk in english with my close friends/familiy o)

@Metroid : Dude, we have so much in common 8)

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Nysyarc (aka Nyke)
Tournament / WiFi player
Nova Scotia, Canada
Catch phrase: I put the Ike in spike.

My name is Craysyn (hence Nysyarc) and I'm 19, currently working as a supervisor at a department store. I haven't yet figured out what I want to do for a living so I'm not enrolled at any sort of university, but I plan to by next year. In my spare time aside from Smash I enjoy writing, playing guitar, running and playing ultimate frisbee.

As for video games... my all time favorite game is a toss-up between Final Fantasy 7, Ocarina of Time and Doom 2. I can't stand most new video games that are all graphics and no content. The N64 was by far my favorite console. Recently I've been playing the Guitar Hero series, the Call of Duty series... oh and I can't wait for Diablo 3; if it's half as good as Diablo 2 was it'll be worth buying.

I've mained Ike since Brawl came out. I never used a sword fighter in either 64 or Melee but Ike just suited my style in every way. I enjoy a challenge, so I never use any other characters in tourney, even when up against a tough match-up. I tend to play pretty aggressively until I get a lead, then I ease off and play it safe. My favorite moves with Ike are probably Usmash and Utilt... and Uair...

I'm in an online Brawl crew that currently is undecided on a name (formerly known as Canada Smash Crew or CSC). We released one crew combo video under the name CSC which I am featured in. I also happen to be one of the initial members of said crew and I am the administrator of our forums: (http://canadasmashcrew.forumwise.com/).

^^^ I made it in non-colored font so it doesn't stand out too much. And yeah I'm starting a trend of putting catch phrases in our profiles. Do it up.

Also LOL Niddo, don't be pickin on the vertically challenged now ;)

EDIT: Added a bit about my history with video games and why/how I play as Ike, if you don't mind adding it in.

:034:

metroid1117

Smash Master
Buzay' (aka Buzed in English)
Wifi player
Belgium (Europe)

(in the right !)

My name is Alex, I'm 16 right now. I'm a belgian Ike user (Belgium is in Europe !) As a typical asian, school is going well and I also play piano. I like brawl, music and table tennis (haha I'm not 100% nerd ). I've been a lurker for months and now I want to be an active member. I wanna improve my gameplay so ... let's hope !

I'm in a crew called Dash Team, you may know this clan if you play MKW (Mario Kart Wii)
(www.dashteam.com)

I've already been to Canada twice and I think I'll go to USA soon (or maybe Canada again). It would be great if I could face some of you 8) (in person )

I REALLY BELIEVE IN ASIAN SKILL !
Ike 4 Da God Tier :lick:

PS : Sorry for my poor English level because I use the English I learn at school but I often try to talk in english with my close friends/familiy o)

@Metroid : Dude, we have so much in common 8)
I'm sorry man, but you'll have to post some more before I add you to the original post :(. You'll have my word that I'll add you once you start posting in our discussions though; I won't forget. It's cool that we're getting more European players at this forum.

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys
No problem man ! I'll try to be an active member.

@Nintendofreak : I said I was in the right but maybe I'm wrong o_o

<- is this left ?
-> is this right ?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Don't have a recent picture of me except the one where some girls decided to straighten my hair. So I'll be sure to post my profile whenever I get home from college (2 weeks).

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
san
Tournament and Wifi Player
Rochester, NY (Ithaca, NY at Cornell)

Hey, my name is Sanford. I'm 18 years old. My home is in Rochester, which is close to Canada, but I am far from Canadian eh. I attend Cornell University. I don't have as much time to play brawl as I used to, but I'm hanging in there. I have been involved with all kinds of videogames all throughout my life. I played the alto sax for ~8+ years, and I like to play basketball. I'm pretty open concerning sports. I'm your typical friendly neighborhood 6'4'' black guy.

I enjoy all types of things. Playing Ouendan on the DS calms me down(More specifically, Ouendan 2, invisible elite beat mode). DS is probably my most played system. I may seem laid back at times, but lots of the time I'm pretty serious. I do pretty well all around. And I've only taken piano lessons for 1 year. TAKE THAT!

I main Ike because he is easy to control for me. I liked the physics of his jumps and his moves, for the most part. For Ike, I personally prefer the air. Nair is my favorite move. I can't help but sandbag with characters like snake and MK. No clue why.

I go all Ike in tournies, even if it's a bad matchup. I haven't really gotten destroyed in a tourney match yet. I feel like it's more worth it to play the matchup firsthand in order to understand things. I usually hope to at least get my money back at tourneys. I hope to be able to travel more so I'll be able to attend out of state tournies. I feel myself always improving so I'm glad about that.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
San looks like he's about to shoot the first person he sees. ****.
I know... scary ****. haha

Anyways here's my profile info.

benaji261(Ben or Benji)
Overall wifi player
Cantonment, FL

So I go by benaji261, Ben, or Benji on the interwebz. My real name is Joel. I'm 6'2" or higher idr... and weigh 140 lbs... stupid metabolism.
I'm 19 right now, my birthday being last month on Oct. 10th. My hobbies include gaming, piano playing since I was 5, and long walks on the- lol jk I'm not going there. I'm an easy-going guy and am very sociable. My favorite color is Red... I like pizza... and other junk foods... um... if I find anything to add to this I will later. OH I also procrastinate like a *****. haha

I live in Cantonment, Florida, just outside of Pensacola. I've lived here pretty much all my life, and not until earlier this year have I found a smash community... or at least 4-5 people around here who smash. I try often now to make it to tourneys, and hope to get my Ike into awesome shape so that I'm known for him.

I'm kinda peeved that as of mid-June I had my only way to transport myself taken away, but it was given to my older sister, who at the time and as of yet is having kind of a rough life... so at the same time I'm holding over without the luxury of having a car.

I'll soon be going into the Air Force to further my education and life. I've received tons of support from everyone I tell about it so I feel like I'm doing the right thing.

Going back to my Ike... I use him every chance I can, and since the game's release have been playing wifi for all my time that I brawl, on a daily basis in fact. Slowly but surely my Ike has improved, and going to tourneys offline is something I'm sure will help my Ike. Wish me luck as I try to make my Ike known across Florida.

aaaaaaaaaaaand... I guess that's it! \_(-___-)_/ Thanks for reading? lol

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Who noticed my crooked nose? I didn't even realize it was so obvious in that picture. I broke it playing football a few years ago and even though I had to have surgery it's still pretty messy looking.

And dang, I may have to add a paragraph or two after seeing San and Ben's profiles, you guys managed to make them long but not quite tl;dr. Good ****.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Who noticed my crooked nose? I didn't even realize it was so obvious in that picture. I broke it playing football a few years ago and even though I had to have surgery it's still pretty messy looking.

And dang, I may have to add a paragraph or two after seeing San and Ben's profiles, you guys managed to make them long but not quite tl;dr. Good ****.

I tried to uh... idk make it worth writing and know when I was saying too much. I didn't notice your nose thing, though. D: Thanks for the compliment I guess! XD

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Breaking your nose while playing football is manly. Chicks dig that. They could care less if you did it for some Michael Jackson or Lindsay Lohan reason.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Do i count? :bee:

i mean come on I'm 6th most poster in Ashunera's Library:

Arturito_Burrito 485
Captain Palpi 481
Nidtendofreak 465
theeboredone 446
Teh Brettster 362
Ussi 335
comboking 302
Kirk 248
ilovekimchixD 244
san3711 230
Rykoshet 228
Nysyarc 204
-RedX- 197
metroid1117 190
Slaps 161
YagamiLight 143
Colaya 132
PentaSalia 123
Guilhe 100

benaji261!

Smash Ace

Arturito_Burrito 485
Captain Palpi 481
Nidtendofreak 465
theeboredone 446
Teh Brettster 362
Ussi 335
comboking 302
Kirk 248
ilovekimchixD 244
san3711 230
Rykoshet 228
Nysyarc 204
-RedX- 197
metroid1117 190
Slaps 161
YagamiLight 143
Colaya 132
PentaSalia 123
Guilhe 100
Guess I'm not important enough to be on the list? Thanks.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Mr. Doom
Wichita, KS
Catch phrase: The name's Mr. Doom! Get it right!

My name is Mr. Doom, but some people call me Doom (though I would appreciate it if people call me Mr. Doom). My real name is Micah, and I am 21. I'm 6'4" and weigh approximately 159 lbs, which is not a recommended weight for my height. I live about two hundred miles south the center of the United States of America, if you don't include Alaska and Hawaii.

I love playing puzzle games, and sometimes I'll go back to the older games and play them. The one game I'd definitely keep playing is Doom95 for windows. Hence the name Mr. Doom. I have created about 60 levels for the game Doom. You can check them out at my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/MrDoom8000

I'm currently studying in the field of mathematics with an emphasis in computer science at Wichita State University. My goal is to become a game designer for a big company like Microsoft, GameFreak, Square Enix, what have you. That's why I try to immerse myself into designing levels right now.

As for me maining Ike, I wanted to go Falco at first, but Wichita already had a decent Falco main. I switched to Ike, believing that he was my type of player. I decided to stay with him after I got two stage-spikes in one game off a well-known smasher in the area. I usually play in such a way that makes people wonder what goes through my mind when I make dumb things work.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Oh, what a neat idea metroid, once I get an up to date picture Id love to profile myself, maybe even participate in these boards XD.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yo, update my profile if you don't mind; I edited in a few paragraphs to my first post. After seeing all these ridiculously long ones I figured I might as well keep pace.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Why are you getting nervous to play in front of a camera that will only be watched by...

-Looks at all the piano players on the Ike board-

Niddo?
Nope, I'll watch it too :p.

Or once you main Ike? XD

EDIT: A vid of my playing. Nervous while being recorded and whatnot johns btw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV4adsUDpTo
You play well; it sounded nice. Do you take lessons? Also, do you mind if I add this link to your profile?

I dug up some videos of me playing piano from my YouTube channel: The Music of the Night and 600 A.D. (arr. by kLuTz). There's also a recording of Tempest from one of my piano recitals, but to be honest I thought I bombed it pretty badly.

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys
I've watched it too :p

Well done to both of you, maybe should I also upload videos of me playing piano ^^ I prefer classical music

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Look up:
Rachmaninoff: Etude Tableaux, opus 39, no. 5 in e flat minor.

That's what I've been playing this semester. At least, that's my toughest piece this semester. It's a BEAST. I just performed it today (I guess it's yesterday by now) at a recital as a guest performer as a buffer for playing it under pressure (my piano jury in on Tuesday =X).

Actually, here's a 1989 recording of a professional playing it.

Metroid, I've played The Music of the Night before... as well as All I Ask of You and others... I love The Phantom of the Opera.

You guys sound good on piano from what I could hear... unfortunately, my internet SUCKS at the moment so I couldn't load much and my computer volume is stuck on low and I'll probably need to restart my computer for that.
Perhaps sometime in the next few weeks, I'll record myself playing that etude... no promise of getting around to it, though. If I do, it will go on my profile for this thread.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Yea you can Metroid. I don't mind. And yes I've taken lessons, but my teacher moved and by that time I've graduated, so to speak, from lessons so I'm on my own playing whatever I feel like from here.

btw Brett, I'm currently working on two pieces by Rachmaninoff - two preludes. Op. 3 No. 2 and Op. 23 No. 5.

Op. 3 No. 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtuMVBLEWJU

Op. 23 No. 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-Qb7AS1yxg

The first one I can do better than the second one, mostly due to the tempo of the second piece and for some reason me having trouble memorizing notes from it. I'm still playing both a lot and hopefully I can get the second one down REALLY well. Back to the first one, the end gets me in a bind, due to the HUGE chords used by both hands throw me off a little... but as always practice makes perfect. :)

Kirk

Smash Champion
Kirk
Brawl, Brawl+, Brawl-(That's right, shameless plug) Tournament kind of guy.
Arlington Heights, IL

Adorable. Don't you wish you were that pillow?

Not known by many, but I have terrible vision. I HAVE to wear three pairs of glasses everywhere I go.

Some day, I aspire to be a model. But shhhh, it's a secret.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, hi. The name is Kirk. It's my real name, I don't go by another gamertag(though on MANY occasions people have called me Ike...and that I play Kirk...but that's another thing). Yes, I was lazy and didn't feel like coming up with a new name. Kirk seemed to fit anyhow. I'm 21 years old, about 6'4 and 120ish pounds. People hate me because I dwarf them in height and at the same time weigh less than them. Unhealthy? Perhaps, but I've made it this far just fine.

I was an avid track and cross country runner in my high school days. My personal bests are around 15:30 for a 3 mile race, 4:29 for a mile, 1:57 for half a mile, and 52 seconds for a quarter mile. I blame my weight on my love for running and my amazing ability to...not gain weight, which many have also hated me for. Unfortunately, I had to stop running competitively when I started college, as there just wasn't enough time in the day anymore.

I originally started my college career going into game design at the Rochester Institute of Technology. It took two years for me to figure out that it wasn't right for me, and for a number of reasons I moved back home to Illinois to start working and continue my education. So right now, I'm working full time and taking classes to help me get my Microsoft certifications in the field of Information Technology. All is going well in that venue, and I hope it will continue to do so.

So enough about life....kind of. I'm a big computer buff. Computers, technology, cool stuff, etc. are just about the only things I'm interested in. I couldn't see myself going into any other field other than something like information technology. My interest of video games fits nicely in with that as well. Sounds like a typical nerd right? Well, WRONG. I mean, right. I pretty much am. But I'm still cool and awesome. So you need not worry about that. I mean, look at those pictures. How AWESOME am I? Seriously.

Some of my favorite games: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Twilight Princess/The Wind Waker/Majora's Mask, Earthbound, Final Fantasy 7/8/9/10/10-2/11/12, Super Mario Galaxy, Uniracers, Elite Beat Agents, The World Ends With You, Kingdom Hearts 1/2/Chain of Memories, Diddy Kong Racing, Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney/Justice for All/Trials and Tribulations/Apollo Justice, Sonic Adventure 2, Megaman X/X2/X3, Taiko Drum Master, Dance Dance Revolution, Pikmin, Donkey Kong Country 1/2/3, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4: Turtles in Time, NBA Jam, Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, aaaaaaaaaannnndddd probably a lot more, but that should do.

Oh, and Smash. Who doesn't like that game? I didn't become "competitive" until around 3 years ago. Up until then I was just playing like a scrub with friends. In my melee days, I mained Captain Falcon and Bowser. I only ever went to one melee tournament, and that was close to Brawl's release. I was lucky enough to be super amazing and grab a Japanese version of the game, months before the American release. Some may remember my videos from WAY back when, which are still getting steady views for some strange reason. I guess you can say that's when I started to become somewhat known around the boards, though mainly in the Ike forum. Then there was that Gamestop national tournament. I won the first three rounds, having to drive about 6 hours for the third one, but I didn't qualify for the fourth and final round in California because of the lame way they scored things with KOs. But no matter, I eventually got around to going to local tournaments when the game got released in the States, and did very well for myself. I used Ike and Snake mostly, and in all my time there I never didn't place. But the past is boring...

Ike is a terrible character and you should feel bad for [playing him/losing to him]. It just seemed like no matter who else I played, I would never do as well as I did with Ike. All I can really say is...I'm happy that my experience, contributions, advice, findings, videos, and anything else has made an impact on the community and has (hopefully) done some good for a lot of people. Currently my focus has been in the hacking scene...making some cool stuff among other aspects. From this I've been able to do a lot of research and testing, and for me it is all quite fascinating. It's essentially kept this game alive for me, because lately things look grim otherwise...but that's not for this profile thing.

So that's basically it. Some other random stuff before I stop typing: I enjoy playing table tennis and ultimate frisbee, my birthday is exactly two weeks before Christmas, Disney is possibly my favorite channel of all time...not to mention the old school 2D movies are amazing, I was diagnosed with stage 4 Hodgkin's Disease when I was 10 years old, I have three computers in my room, my favorite music consists of video game soundtracks...though I'll listen to anything, I have a singing Big Mouth Billy Bass.

Ok, that's it for real.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Cool stuff Kirk. You kinda dwarf me in height. lolol

Can you let me know how to get brawl- though? I wanna play it bad :O

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Wow... I have way too much in common with you Kirk. Besides the fact that you're five inches taller than me and fifty pounds lighter... fatty.

Although seriously, I like almost all the video games you mentioned and I also ran track and cross country and enjoy playing ultimate frisbee... and main Ike. I also would have ranted as long as you did for my profile (I enjoy ranting) but my picture was too small, I didn't want it to be out of proportion.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Yea you can Metroid. I don't mind. And yes I've taken lessons, but my teacher moved and by that time I've graduated, so to speak, from lessons so I'm on my own playing whatever I feel like from here.

btw Brett, I'm currently working on two pieces by Rachmaninoff - two preludes. Op. 3 No. 2 and Op. 23 No. 5.

The first one I can do better than the second one, mostly due to the tempo of the second piece and for some reason me having trouble memorizing notes from it. I'm still playing both a lot and hopefully I can get the second one down REALLY well. Back to the first one, the end gets me in a bind, due to the HUGE chords used by both hands throw me off a little... but as always practice makes perfect. :)
I'm in class right now and I can't pull those videos up, but... those are the preludes in C# minor and G minor, correct (going by memory of opus and number)? I've played C# minor in the past... and it just stays with me. It's a good one to play when something has you pissed off. G minor, I haven't played, but I should really do it sometime. My list of pieces I want to play is just way too long and I keep forgetting about that prelude. It's a GREAT piece in many ways. If you can play it, though, props to you. I know for a fact that it requires a good deal of both technical ability and musical maturity. I'll watch your videos later when I'm not in class. =]

EDIT: I'm silly. Those aren't you. However, Gilels and Richter are two VERY good pianists to listen to, especially with Rachmaninoff-- meaning these are good recordings to have for musical ideas. I look up recordings of about every piece I play during the semester (if you count separate movements of one work, that makes 7 pieces this semester for me).

BTW Kirk I love you and you should post more. No homo.

Also, why is everybody 6'4"? I'm just shy of 5'8". ****, guys.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Kirk, you are too awesome. Do you use Ike in Brawl+?

Dude... I've played both of those within the past year :dizzy:. They're good/hard stuff; good luck with both of them.

Guilhe

Smash Ace

Arturito_Burrito 485
Captain Palpi 481
Nidtendofreak 465
theeboredone 446
Teh Brettster 362
Ussi 335
comboking 302
Kirk 248
ilovekimchixD 244
san3711 230
Rykoshet 228
Nysyarc 204
-RedX- 197
metroid1117 190
Slaps 161
YagamiLight 143
Colaya 132
PentaSalia 123
Guilhe 100
Wow, my post count is so low... I'm feeling bottom tier right now, where did you get that list?

benaji261!

Smash Ace
I'll keep practicing them Brett so when I can record me playing them I'm ready - btw lol yea those were just the songs so I could show you what they were, not me playing them. Also Metroid, how well can you play each piece as of now? I REALLY would want to see you play the Op. 23 No. 5 if you play it ON tempo. :O

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You guys suck, everybody knows it's all about the keyboard these days. You guys should hit it up and master some mad techno ****.

Top Bottom