• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Happy Thread

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Last break I had we went to Maine. Doesn't sound like much, but given TX has had a constant 100 deg weather the past month and the HI in Maine is like 80... yeah :D

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The hottest it's been here has been in the 90's, maybe 100

It was pure torture since it's usually 80 at MAX (80 itself seems rare)

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I get to see my boyfriend tomorrow! I'm so excited because I hate this whole living in different states thing. <3 <3 <3

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I had grown distant from one my close friends, but after today I feel like I can really trust her again. It's nice.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I get to see my boyfriend tomorrow! I'm so excited because I hate this whole living in different states thing. <3 <3 <3
That's how it is for me. Wife had to stay in Louisiana while I move to Georgia. We are under a year until she can be here, but it sucks.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
shoutouts to GETTING THINGS DONE

paid for and registered for new semester classes today even when i thought i had passed deadlines. i gotta be more on top of these things ><

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm. ouch haha. i'm about to turn 22, and i'm a little bit behind in the career department, so i can't really imagine

i like that table flip user title a lot hahahaha.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I'm in the process of applying to graduate schools right now. Today I sent in a preapplication to my #1 school. The turn around time on the preapp is ~2 weeks; I got a response to mine in 2 hours! The program director and several other faculty remembered me from when I visited the school and they requested my full application ASAP. The applications aren't open until sept 15 so they sent me the application material early. I'm crazy excited and I'm definitely taking this as a good sign. I've been walking on sunshine all day long.

Palpi

Smash Hero
That's awesome takumaru. I just applied to kutztown university so hopefully I get to walk on sunshine sometime soon ;)

Tomorrow I'm visiting my brother in DC. We are going to a restaurant called bilbo baggins...it's lotr themed hahaha. I can't wait!

:phone:

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Had to make a sandwich but realized there was no milk, so I obv had to go get some at 2:30 am. Pretty much the funnest/best time to drive anywhere, there are no cars on the road and it is just phenomenal. The employee probably though I was a fricken weirdo though buying milk right now, aha. Even managed to find a 5 on the ground which paid for the milk.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Had to make a sandwich but realized there was no milk, so I obv had to go get some at 2:30 am. Pretty much the funnest/best time to drive anywhere, there are no cars on the road and it is just phenomenal. The employee probably though I was a fricken weirdo though buying milk right now, aha. Even managed to find a 5 on the ground which paid for the milk.
Lucky you. :bee:

Lol..I'm glad I don't have to deal with traffic rush anymore, it's so calm when your driving down an empty road most of the time, it's great but it makes me feel like a vampire since I tend to sleep most of the day when there's light. :evil:

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
So I'm happy that I'm kind of turning my life around, health wise. I've been working out for about a month and I've lost 20 lbs. Yeah it's nice.. Sucks I can't eat ice cream though, lol.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Lucky you. :bee:

Lol..I'm glad I don't have to deal with traffic rush anymore, it's so calm when your driving down an empty road most of the time, it's great but it makes me feel like a vampire since I tend to sleep most of the day when there's light. :evil:

Lol I was so out of it when I posted that. I really don't think I would mind working night shifts at all since I'm basically up all night, sleeping all day anyways.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Had a "communication skills" day yesterday where we had to practice breaking bad news to actors in groups. I was dreading the day and ended up with a horrible scenario. Had to tell a woman she had breast cancer, watch her cry, deal with the resulting psycho-social stuff, talk about death and handle the situation when she did not want to receive treatment.

It was exhausting. But it went really well. Or as well as breaking bad news can go lol. I've been doubting myself lately, but feel much better about this year now :)

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Went to Michigan with family friends today, hadn't seen them in a while and it was really fun! I also got this amazing knife at this art fair, might post a pick in Las Pictoras later.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Finished and polished a simple program I decided to write last week.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Just got through partying just now, it feels great since I haven't had a chance to socialize with my buddies for a long while, thank goodness for Labor Day weekend. :bee:

Strife

Banned via Warnings
So at my job they said that they'll extend my duration for at least another month and maybe up till the end of the year. This is fantastic because I now have a new phone(which I won't lose or break this time); and I'm ready and eager to start looking for a better job while I still have my old job. I'm grateful for how things turned out.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I helped my friend pack up his things for moving day. I'm happy for him moving out of here to San Diego. Really wasn't doing anything here but hopefully, he'll be able to find a job.

RATED

Smash Lord
Crap that just reminded me I have to pay my mortgage :(

Pro tip: don't buy a house when you turn 24.
I don't think I want to buy a house at least by some time, I'm about to graduate though. I want just an apartment that I can be happy though.

(I'm about to turn 22)

Even though that gives you the "edge" bcuz later the house will be yours without having to pay mortgage.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
After ''taking a break'' with one close friend, and talking about it with another. I think I understand how I can relate better to sensitive people. I should have less damaged friendships in mu future now :)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I feel pretty motivated right now. I think in the next month or two, I will start looking for freelance writing again to boost my resume. I have the money to do free work for a bit, and the time to just focus on other things.

Top Bottom