• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

Cohen

Smash Apprentice
Hi, i know this is a bit random, but could anyone tell me where/when the next open brawl, tourney will be held, it would help a lot...thanks.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I was actually thinking.

When I get my own place, I'll start hosting weekly casuals to get our scene back into shape.

Not sure about tournaments, though. It takes a lot of work, if somebody helped me smooth things over, I'm sure it'd be a great experience.

Gichan

Smash Champion
At this point you will get a huge attendance as long as you do both melee and brawl and work on advertising. Please consider, I'll help you host it, as in; sit on that ****ing chair, announce, move/arrange set-ups and hussle people to play matches.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Don't forget Brawl+!

That's the Brawl+ Toronto and Montreal community confirmed, and most of us join either Melee or Brawl along with Brawl+.

Tournament attendance would certainly increase.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I like the sound of that GI. Ill get in contact with la salle soon enough.

Also wow @ Brawl being on MLG. Where the hell have I been

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Christian <3

I'll host for serious if we can get an attendance worth coming for :)
ugh sorry niko, i cant hold my tongue on this

there is no point in you trying to host this tourney.

this is not a personal attack, im calling this out because i dont want everyone to get hyped up and happy for a tournament, just for a cancellation.

sorry niko, i was really gonna keep my mouth shut but i figured its best if everyone knows that this would most likely get cancelled if it actually took flight

im asking you to not host

in the even that you choose to ignore me now, and host...please community do NOT get your hopes up, and sauga will not be attending.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
At this point you will get a huge attendance as long as you do both melee and brawl and work on advertising. Please consider, I'll help you host it, as in; sit on that ****ing chair, announce, move/arrange set-ups and hussle people to play matches.
ur tourney had brawl & brawl + and it had 52 ppl. Jus saying, not hatin.

You guys should travel more.

Especially for b+
sweet, +1 bingo

Ouch...

Someone take a **** in your cornflakes mikey?
OMFG

:rotfl:

Niko_K

Smash Master
ugh sorry niko, i cant hold my tongue on this

there is no point in you trying to host this tourney.

this is not a personal attack, im calling this out because i dont want everyone to get hyped up and happy for a tournament, just for a cancellation.

sorry niko, i was really gonna keep my mouth shut but i figured its best if everyone knows that this would most likely get cancelled if it actually took flight

im asking you to not host

in the even that you choose to ignore me now, and host...please community do NOT get your hopes up, and sauga will not be attending.
You don't need to hold your tongue on anything.

I cancelled those tournaments because nobody confirmed their TV's and attendance and it would have been a disaster and I can't afford to pay for the venue myself.

Sorry mikey, you really should've kept your mouth shut but I figured you should know that you're terribly pessimistic and the smash scene doesn't revolve around sauga showing up or not.

I'll gladly represent sauga for you guys :)

I'll start contacting the venue and everyone should ignore Mikey's outburst of pessimism.

Tin Man

Smash Hero

I cancelled those tournaments because nobody confirmed their TV's and attendance and it would have been a disaster and I can't afford to pay for the venue myself.

Sorry mikey, you really should've kept your mouth shut but I figured you should know that you're terribly pessimistic and the smash scene doesn't revolve around sauga showing up or not.

I'll start contacting the venue and everyone should ignore Mikey's outburst of pessimism.
LOL so what happened to swine flu :p

Mikey7

Smash Lord
whatever, not tryign to be a **** to niko, but its for everyones benefit that no one get excited about his next tournament because there is a large chance that its going to be cancelled.

thats all

Mikey7

Smash Lord

double post for meaner:

cancelled the tournies becuase of attendance? LOL what we had like 60 people for at least 2 of them, then you MADE UP the fact that you had h1n1

by sauga not showing up i meant you do not have sauga's support on this tournament nothing more

pessimism maybe, but its very realistic. you cancelled 3 tournaments in a row. THAT IS UNHEARD OF. 3! wtf

figured no one would really believe me if i dindt make this mean post

sad because i really like u niko : (

but osrry doing this for everyone.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I'll gladly go to Montreal again :)

Also TinMan that's a dumb question, Swine doesn't last the rest of your life, I'm better now. LOL at people saying I made it up.

Third cancellation was a melee tournament anyways, only 2 brawl tourneys.

I'm still going to organize one and we'll get a good turnout with or without the ****hole of the universe known as Sauga.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Jer, when you said were having a tourney, you mean the one ally wants to host or another one O.o

Either way, swine flu legit john. Mikey, wow **** I don't know what to say. After club lasalle cancelled the other time, niko hosted the tourney at his house. Be more grateful sometimes.

Did mikey ever host a tourney? I'm curious.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Jer, when you said were having a tourney, you mean the one ally wants to host or another one O.o

Either way, swine flu legit john. Mikey, wow **** I don't know what to say. After club lasalle cancelled the other time, niko hosted the tourney at his house. Be more grateful sometimes.

Did mikey ever host a tourney? I'm curious.
lmao, fool

never heard of MICKEY'S TOURNEY?!

zaf

Smash Lord
its ok guys sg doesnt know anything outside of mtl
he only plays in his basement
hes kinda like a hermit

i have nothign against niko but when i saw him post about hosting i felt the same way as mikey.
i have to take off work to go to tournies so i would hate to lose work hours when there is no tourney.
and niko is the most consistent at canceling.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
this isnt about mikey vs niko, this is about a tourney that everyone gets their hopes up for, then gets cancelled. thats not cool at all.

ive spoken to many many poeple on msn, wont give names, and they ALL agree. a good 10 poeple or so

Gichan

Smash Champion
ok, big talk here. so it seems the venue owner was jizzing his pants at how much he got last time and now is telling me to have it $10 again, but there is no reason for it, simply that he wants more money.

so we think to ourselves, "no, **** it then".

but then, no one wants to host a tourney and this is the only venue i can consider right now. So do you guys want a tourney bad enough for a $10 venue fee or should we stay dry...

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
we had 10$ the other time to help him pay for the camera that was stolen,and now he wants to pull some **** like this to show his gratitude? but we shouldnt think of it that way,just look @ it as a regular tourney,we need this venue or else the scene is gonna die again..i say try and get it down to 5$ cause hes doing it strictly for profit,but 10$ is reasonable if he refuses

im not buying no hotdogs from that ***** either

Last edited:

nickcam

Smash Ace
Rofl. Ya no $10 venue fee for me. Im out, if $10 venue is gonna become standard then screw that

Mikey7

Smash Lord
ok, big talk here. so it seems the venue owner was jizzing his pants at how much he got last time and now is telling me to have it $10 again, but there is no reason for it, simply that he wants more money.

so we think to ourselves, "no, **** it then".

but then, no one wants to host a tourney and this is the only venue i can consider right now. So do you guys want a tourney bad enough for a $10 venue fee or should we stay dry...
I say we meet in the middle at 7, and 8 to the pot, 15 for singles altogether

then gradually lower him back down to 5

im def not a fan of 10 venue -_- but meh extra 2 bucks isnt too bad toward venue

KingAce

Smash Ace
**** the $10 venue fee, if we get like 50 or 60 ppl again thats $500-600. I can get venues for $300 range, the only problem is people never come to sauga for tournies lol

Niko_K

Smash Master
I can get an awesome tournament going at La Salle for $5 venue if you guys would drop the negative connotations and let the tournament grow....

....Or you can all sit here and bicker as if there's no solution.

Gichan

Smash Champion
phil if you know places for $300 then do it. Sauga can't use the excuse that no one goes there for tournies because that isn't true. If you advertise your tourney and actually notify people via email or pms it'll get people going. If you actually update your thread(s) regularly it'll also boost the overall morale of the tournament.

to any one who wishes to host; you can't just make a thread saying there is a tourney then never hussle for set-ups or put an attendance list and just hope for the best when the day comes, that's not how it works. The last Sauga tournies (although I heard were really ran well) had low attendance due to many not being notified. So Sauga should try one more time.

And Niko, do it regardless, remember that I'll be helping you hussle for set-ups and to run it the day of.

Top Bottom