• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshis Story
-Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
-Lylat Cruise
-Delfino Plaza
-Frigate Orpheon
-Battleship Halberd
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar
-Pokemon Stadium
wtf?

10wtfs.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
lol, screw japes, why is brinstar still there? just another stage for MK to win on :(. And "laugh: at the King Ace tornado jokes

On another note, I'm gonna be on vacation for the next 2 weeks, and since I'm gonna be on a cruise ship, I probably wont have internet access because cruises can be cheap and expect ridiculous amounts per hour :ohwell:. I'm gonna have a lot of catching up to do but but before I go, I think Imma give a few shoutouts to the people i know the most from this community (If u didnt get a shoutout, I didn't know u well at my since my 1st tourney).

Nate I wont see u ever until next year, thanks for being there to answer my ****load of questions at my 1st tourney this june.

Ambrose thanks for driving me everytime

Doc u say ur a troll but i still think ur cool ****

AvariceX our matches are too ****ing good

Sauc3 for telling me about everyone, and who they main so I can counterpick appropriately in my 1st tourney

Joe I'm thinking of 2 words in my head, u fail if u dont know what they are.

Cyan u quit when I started -_-

Decoy I wanna see u in a bracket again ;)

yeah thats it, i'll be active again in 2 weeks, thanks for the exciting summer guys(T.T tears of joy (:p kidding)).

.Marik

is a social misfit
@ marik, u gheyyy.
Don't hate now. :bee:

Actually, the tornado in Vaughn Mills had nothing compared to the one in Durham, a small town situated up north. Roofs were torn off, houses destroyed. Crazy.

And lol, it wasn't "beautiful" if you got caught walking in that pissing thunderstorm. I did, and I was literally drenched in about 25 seconds. :dizzy:

I was like Wavedashing on the bus, my shoes were so wet.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
lol, screw japes, why is brinstar still there? just another stage for MK to win on :(. And "laugh: at the King Ace tornado jokes

On another note, I'm gonna be on vacation for the next 2 weeks, and since I'm gonna be on a cruise ship, I probably wont have internet access because cruises can be cheap and expect ridiculous amounts per hour :ohwell:. I'm gonna have a lot of catching up to do but but before I go, I think Imma give a few shoutouts to the people i know the most from this community (If u didnt get a shoutout, I didn't know u well at my since my 1st tourney).

Nate I wont see u ever until next year, thanks for being there to answer my ****load of questions at my 1st tourney this june.

Ambrose thanks for driving me everytime

Doc u say ur a troll but i still think ur cool ****

AvariceX our matches are too ****ing good

Sauc3 for telling me about everyone, and who they main so I can counterpick appropriately in my 1st tourney

Joe I'm thinking of 2 words in my head, u fail if u dont know what they are.

Cyan u quit when I started -_-

Decoy I wanna see u in a bracket again ;)

yeah thats it, i'll be active again in 2 weeks, thanks for the exciting summer guys(T.T tears of joy (:p kidding)).

see ya later.

thanks for shoutout :p

i'll play you in brawl someday, though. melee too, if ya want

Percon

Smash Lord
Ok guys, poolside smash will officially be happening next saturday (the 30th)... I'll make a thread tomorrow. Book it off!

EDIT: Maybe I'll make it later tonight. Everyone is welcome.

PND

Smash Champion
Dr. Doomknight v2.1
By PNDMike

Why did I do this? Because I couldn't find any green textures for MK I liked. Simple as that. :laugh: Want it? Click HERE

Please, pass on any suggestions you have for improvement. Barring that, please enjoy my first custom texture.

So, any critiques? Give some ideas to run with for the next update.

Percon

Smash Lord
haha, that's awesome. Is that character from a show or something? I don't recognize "Dr. Doom", but it's cool nonetheless.

Also, how do you make your own textures? I only know how to take other textures... I edited some Kirby targa files but I have no idea how to turn it all into a .pcs or whatever.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Kingace lost to sago.

Still no news of doubles placing and silverdoc/minus/percon in singles. GTA needs to step it up.

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
Aww, ****. I was hoping Ace would destroy people down there, hopefully the rest of the GTA is doing well.

Sword you need to go down and show those Americans who's boss. :bee:

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
You guys do not understand the skill gap, its not exactly as Mikey said, there are just no noobs here. Even avergae people can still make matches into coin tosses, the avegare MK level is waaaay higher. For the top players out here though, we do not have a representative outside of Ally who can really shine at their level.

In pools we absolutely *****, I only lost to Ksizzle and the first round was last stock high percent.
Kingace only lost to Lain in pools, and Culex got first in his pool outranking Ninjalink and Pierce.
In brackets I lost to Shadow (didn't matter, winner would fight m2k) and D.Ph (Shield stab fairs for the loss :()
Ended up 25th (lol broke the 33rd canada curse) but reaaaally got my name out there. And all with a ****ty controller that wasn't even mine.

I have a lot more to say about the tournament, our relative skill levels... facing pros like m2k, and so on. But its late as hell and I'm heading back to the room, I think we'll be leaving soon.

Oh also, in doubles ace suicided and we lost to an mk yoshi team (yoshi camps ledge and throws eggs mk approaches), then we barrelled through loser's untill we lost to Ninjalink and Wes, Zss+ Gaw is broken. We would be completely leading in percents and stocks and then BAM instant kill bucket.

Bottom line, I'd say its nowhere near as dramatic as Mikey put it, but there is a definite skill gap, its not really our fault though in some ways, considering the people out here get to play all these pros and go to large tournaments often. Large tournament experience = More than key.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Yeah I exaggerated alot for effect : P but I got ***** pretty bad not gonna lie lol

edit: yeah this just confirms that I'm not good at brawl lol

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
you guys still did considerably well so good ****,use it as a learning experience so we can prepare 4 pound4

swordgard

Smash Hero
Go Canada! Go GTA! Go Culex?

And WTF KingAce losing to a samus? It's ok I still love you.

From my point of view, while gta being really good playing a few chars, you guys have little to no matchup knowledge of the rest of the characters at the top of their game due to you guys hoping mostly in the MK bandwagon. This excludes online players though as you have to play vs everyone to be good online =.= .

Mikey7

Smash Lord
I thought about it, and I still wanna say the average skill level for MK is around Hype's skill level. 25th is a good placing, good stuff repping Canada :) The "anyone being able to beat anyone" thing is really what I was trying to get at...I meant that no match was easy, every match is a struggle.

Good stuff to Culex for taking out top players

Good stuff to Carter and Kingace also : ) everyone better start picking up Samus lolz

Who did you guys all lose to in brackets?

Hype

Smash Lord
Good job everyone at SNES!

On another note, what would you rather see in a combo video?

1) Someone getting *****...like me taking multiple stocks and barely getting hit in a short period of time.

OR

2) Unique stuff...like stuff most people have never seen or thought of before.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
2nd, unless the unique thing is really stupid lol

but if it's funny stupid or awesome stupid then put it in

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
does anyone here have paypal?i want to get my mom somethin for her bday off ebay but i cant lol, PM me if u can help me out thnks xD

PND

Smash Champion
Joe, I think there are a couple of sites, like ewallet or something like that, where you can pay with cheque or debit and they'll credit you with paypal bucks. I can't remember what they're called, but try searching for those if they might help at all.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
No worries. 1st thing you learn about ontario is that everyone who posts online from there is a troll. 2nd thing you learn is that they believe they are great at the game. 3rd is you understand that the only people who you should talk to from ontario dont bother posting that much.
Swordgard, you seriously need to stfu, I'm keeping this out of the snes thread cause that negativity has no place there.
I don't know who you think is actually behind you, but its no wonder that nobody likes you. Just seriously get a life. Why badmouth a region a bunch of people who just travelled to a hype tournament and had a great time/met a bunch of people with your nonsense. I only picture you talking this **** in person, because it would sound hilarious in your clown voice and you wouldn't even get to finish a sentence before people would be laughing at you.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Swordgard, you seriously need to stfu, I'm keeping this out of the snes thread cause that negativity has no place there.
I don't know who you think is actually behind you, but its no wonder that nobody likes you. Just seriously get a life. Why badmouth a region a bunch of people who just travelled to a hype tournament and had a great time/met a bunch of people with your nonsense. I only picture you talking this **** in person, because it would sound hilarious in your clown voice and you wouldn't even get to finish a sentence before people would be laughing at you.
Ow. I wasn't even that harsh in the SNES thread.

Jer

Smash Ace
Minus ilu, can we be friends?

Cyan_

Smash Lord
mmmmmmhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmm

Top Bottom