• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Are there any wii games any of you would recommend playing? Now that im crippled, i wanna play some of the best the system has to offer... which as i know... isnt much.

Especially RPGs. Only one i played for wii is Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, and it wasnt that great to say the least.
Crippled?! Man, what happened?

Anyway, beyond the typical Zelda/Mario suggestions, I've heard that Little King's Story and Okami are pretty good. You should check those out.

PND

Smash Champion
Are there any wii games any of you would recommend playing? Now that im crippled, i wanna play some of the best the system has to offer... which as i know... isnt much.

Especially RPGs. Only one i played for wii is Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, and it wasnt that great to say the least.
Warioland Shake It!, Punchout! Wii, and if you haven't played any of them before, Metroid Prime Trilogy. Those games are fantastic, and have gotten more play than my most of my 360 games. (I don't have Trilogy yet, I'm just referring to Prime 1)

For an RPG, the only one I have is FF Fables: Chocobo's Story. It's got the single kiddiest presentation I have ever seen, but the gameplay is pretty rock solid. It's a random dungeon generator game, with randomized loot. It wasn't great, but good enough for a romp through IMO. If it sounds interesting to you, it should be pretty cheap to pick up -- tracking it down may be the hard part.

Gichan

Smash Champion
DAAYYUMMM. Carter play Little King's Story! That game is sooooo beast, I'm too lazy right now to give a long post about how that game will be one of the best you'll never play, but just try to take my advice, I watched Michelle play that game and still had sooo much fun. It is indeed a masterpiece and a great satire to life and the world today.

okami is BEAST from what I was shown, but it is not a Wii exclusive so you may have played that already on the PS2.

De Blob is a crrazzzyyy game, think Katamari but to a smaller scale. It has great platforming aspects and quirky, cute, and awesome enemies and characters. The game is crazy, I am playing it right now (since my 360 broke....again!!). I also really recommend that one.

Next games I'm going to try are Klonoa, Dawn of Discovery, Brave: The Story (or somethign like that, Southpeak games are fucing awesome), and dammit I can't remember the rest.

So Carter, I'll ask at York what the **** happened, but for now play; Little King's Story (hybrid of animal crossing visuals and pikmin/sims-gameplay) and De Blob (Katamari-esque, great visuals and cutscenes, cool multiplayer to), and if you haven't, play Okami.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
yeah what happened?story time with uncle carter at york today i guess:laugh:

i 2nd okami, game is fukkin pro....you could always get a GCN game which offer much better rpgs and such but yeah if you havent played okami get it =p

everyone reach york today for nate!

Gichan

Smash Champion
Wario Land Shake it! is BEAST, I'll admit, I love that game to. I got distracted from that game but since my 360 is broken I'm going to concentrate on beating those awesome wii games. cause once my 360 is fixed again, Gears and SF IV all dai, lol.

PND

Smash Champion
Honestly, people shouldn't be allowed to complain about the Wii's line up if they don't own Warioland. It should be an enforced law that everyone who owns a Wii needs to play through that game or shut the **** up about Wii having no good games.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
You could hack your Wii and play Ocarina of Time again (or for the first time like me )

Percon

Smash Lord
What happened, Carter? :(

DotNW was eh, but play the original if you haven't (GCN). Also play both Baten Kaitos games on Gamecube if you can... they're great.

Also, any DS owners, I implore to check out Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled. It's a 16-bit-style RPG that is a throwback to Chrono Trigger and other games of that era. While it's a little rough around the edges, it has a great story and a neat battle system that rewards strategy. (some say the encounter rate is high, I think it's manageable) Most importantly, however, it comes from a NEW CANADIAN DEVELOPER, Studio Archcraft, who are based in Montreal. As a future Canadian game developer, one who hopes to make RPGs, I HAD to support them.

EDIT 2:

Niko, there would be no better way for Minus to celebrate with us than by coming to my tournament and drinking with us! :D

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World.

Yes it's for the Wii; it's a followup of the game Tales of Symphonia for the GC XD

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Crippled is an exaggeration. I got a strained neck, sprained finger, patellar tendonitis on my left knee and a intense high ankle sprain a couple days before SNES. Still managed to drive the 20 + hours though lol. Sports related injury that are still healing.

i have okami for ps2 and wii lol. Played both Baten Kaitos. I already have little kings story. Im thinking of picking up Bully, Tomb raider anniversary, cursed mountain, muramasa, call of duty, skate it and/or star wars force unleashed.

And wii's catalogue does sucks. Warioland cant compete with ps3's batman, infamous, and Devil May Cry amongst other QUALITY games . Most Wii owners just lowered their standards. Bringing back a good GC/PS2 game and adding sensor compatibility satisfies them enough. Not me.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Yooooo, Bully is a ****ing aammaazzing game as well. Get that for sure.

And I was at Rogers Video yesterday, and I had a haaarrdd time figuring out what to rent (rip onto my usb hard drive, lolol). Wii's collection does indeed fail, but there are good games, just gotta look out. I rented Klonoa and Trauma Center: New Blood, but man, there is ****ing nothing...next is Super Punch Out.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Resident evil 4 ***** on wii : p

Wii is a pretty good system, but I have to agree with there being systems with better options out there............but I basically bought a wii just for smash rofl

The_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Does ne1 have a tri-wing screwdriver? The ones for opening up the stuff that nintendo makes... such as gamecube controllers.

The_Fool

Smash Apprentice
I got all my screwdriver problems sorted out... I don't know why nintendo feels the need to have such rediculous screws...

Percon

Smash Lord
Fool, I have a screwdriver over here that's not tri-wing, but can open controllers just fine (GC controllers anyway, they're the only ones I've tried). Next time I see you I suppose I can lend it to you.

The_Fool

Smash Apprentice
It's all good, I found a screwdriver that works, thanks for the offer though.
I got one of those sex white controllers, took the springs in the triggers out, took the rumble out, and them i realised that i could replace the rumble with an LED, so i did. Needless to say it's amazing.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Good **** silverdoc and grats, what did you win?

Is there a result thread?

If not can you give me top4-8.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Prize was garbo, 120 $.

Top 8 as follows.

1) doc

2) ace

3) nickcam

4) Wolfblade

5) Minus / Hype

7) Carter / random nub.

edit: Wolfblade is ****ing legit, its so awesome to see him at his true potential I'm proud Rob, get top 3 next time.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Prize was garbo, 120 $.

Top 8 as follows.

1) doc

2) ace

3) nickcam

4) Wolfblade

5) Minus / Hype

7) Carter / random nub.

edit: Wolfblade is ****ing legit, its so awesome to see him at his true potential I'm proud Rob, get top 3 next time.
Hey thanks Doc. Grats on 1st by the way son, good sh*t!

Sooooo close to 3rd... if it wasn't for that SD on frigate... SOOOOOOOOO CLOSE!

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Resident evil 4 ***** on wii : p

Wii is a pretty good system, but I have to agree with there being systems with better options out there............but I basically bought a wii just for smash rofl
Wii sucks mah balls. There's no great games on the console besides No More Heroes and TvC. Galaxy is okay and Brawl is mediocre. My Wii is usually used to play Melee or homebrew. And yes, my font is fabulous. And Canadian.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
[/COLOR]
Wii sucks mah balls. There's no great games on the console besides No More Heroes and TvC. Galaxy is okay and Brawl is mediocre. My Wii is usually used to play Melee or homebrew. And yes, my font is fabulous. And Canadian.

I tried to sugar coat it lol................yeah ok the Wii blows except for a couple games : ( lol

Top Bottom