• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

KrymsonSkyz

Smash Apprentice
What's the best way to fix a 'spacing' problem in Brawl, bcuz apparently I can't do that properly.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
What's the best way to fix a 'spacing' problem in Brawl, bcuz apparently I can't do that properly.
figure out the range and hitboxes for your chars moves, i remember a japanese player making youtube vids with a hack that put a glow around the hit box for each move(what i used to learn warios brokeness lol) if you cant track that down just go in training mode and learn it the old school way

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Well that's a good way to train spacing as Marth.

Joe's pretty much got it though.

Also just playing constantly and watching high-level matches can help, I actually learned just how much range Dedede's USmash has from watching 9B.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
It took me a whole second to realize by bumper you meant crappy-springy-gamecube-shoulder button.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
You can take the springs out if you really want. I haven't but I've used a shoulder button for jump for a while. It's the best way to do usmashes or up-b's out of shield if you play with tap jump off and it makes things like doing 2 thunderjolts in one (double) jump much easier.

KrymsonSkyz

Smash Apprentice
figure out the range and hitboxes for your chars moves, i remember a japanese player making youtube vids with a hack that put a glow around the hit box for each move(what i used to learn warios brokeness lol) if you cant track that down just go in training mode and learn it the old school way
Alright thanks Joe, btw I was at that tournament in sauga with you and Ambrose.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I use one of my shoulder buttons for attack sadly, but you guys are making me curious for it is a jump button instead. I might play around with it one day.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
My controls are

ZL - shield
L - Attack
ZR - Jump
R - Special
X - Jump
Y - Special
A - Attack
B - Grab
CStick - Smash