• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Gta+Niagara Brawl Power Rankings! (last updated 06/28. OMG RLY!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kozimoto

Smash Journeyman
Niagara Falls NY. US , Strasbourg, France
I saw most of these people play on the TorontoSmash youtube channel. you guys are too good. maybe ill get to play some of you if you come to the buffalo tournament on 8/1 or I might be able to go up to canada sometime this summer if there are anymore Ontario tournies.

Hype

Smash Lord
I saw most of these people play on the TorontoSmash youtube channel. you guys are too good. maybe ill get to play some of you if you come to the buffalo tournament on 8/1 or I might be able to go up to canada sometime this summer if there are anymore Ontario tournies.
Definitely come to Canada if you get the chance, we have lots of tourneys. Bring some other Americans too.

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
2-0 with fatal
wat

i swear we like never played a bracket match lol
just friendlies

EDIT: Maybe we should wait for Pownz on saturday for the next update? Its only a few days, and itll give us a more exact placing. Like if Doc is able to beat Ace and Ambrose again at Pownz, then thats guaranteed 100% no fukken doubt about it at least second place.

and if i get a good bracket for once ever in my tourney life, maybe ill be able to take JLs spot and be in 10th place.

I have the skill,
I just dont have the luck

D

Deleted member

i should be on the pr i beat mikey in doubles **** you all and i dont even play this game

KingAce

Smash Ace
Yeah that seems like a very good list, I can't argue with a single thing on that list. I would put pasta above gi though, thats about it otherwise nice job.

I like get along with all the panelists and they're potentially my " good friends " but I think they won't even put me above hype tbh cause' its mostly bias, like Percon not trying to get at you bro but you thought that just because at pastaboys you got 3rd that you should maintain your spot, But I kinda have a winning record against you, brose, hype, cam, minus, cyan, fool, mikey, fatal, everyone except ace, which is 2 - 1 against me now, I think I deserve to be # 2. Or even 3, but like EXTREMELY close to 2.

Oppinions people?
I believe im 3-1 against you :p
but anyways like nate said the update hasn't even happened yet but it will happen soon, then people can argue about the list lol

Hype

Smash Lord
and if i get a good bracket for once ever in my tourney life, maybe ill be able to take JLs spot and be in 10th place.

I have the skill,
I just dont have the luck
Your bracket is taken into consideration, it's not just what place you got. However, If you place really well you inevitably have to play good people. Basically don't worry if how you did looks bad in the results thread because they're gonna look at the bracket.

nasir123

Smash Ace
ALRIGHT WHY THE *** IS EVERY1 SAYING GI IS GETTIN GOOD PLACINGS I HAVE NOT SEEN 1 GOD **** GOOD PLACING FROM THIS KID

no offense gi i got nothing agaisnt u.... ur ma ***** :)

The_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Placing doesn't matter. If you saw him play at too poor you would know he deserves recognition for it.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Wow, did I ever say I'm pro nasir? I know I shouldn't be on the list, and I'm not, so don't cry.

This better not be Niko ranting about joe's or doc's post, Niko is a beast, I wonder how the hell that guy loses.

And one more thing, I'm not a kid buddy, I'm ****ing 21.

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
Your bracket is taken into consideration, it's not just what place you got. However, If you place really well you inevitably have to play good people. Basically don't worry if how you did looks bad in the results thread because they're gonna look at the bracket.
Not exactly since Im paired with the best players so early on the bracket, i dont have any opporunity to show my skill or beat other plays.

People can look through my tourney losses, theyve always been to Kingace/Ambrose/Doc which are all the top 3 players here, and im just unlucky enough to start getting paired with them at like the second round.

Im not saying I expect not to face them at all, Im saying i expect the bracket to be made properly so that I face them near the end, not the first friggin few rounds. Thats why I always end up with such a ****ty placing, and thats why I always make the U&C but never the PR, because Im put up against the best too early

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
^ Stop sandbagging in pools; you should get 1st seed if you're as good as you say you are, and if the bracket is made properly you won't face the other 1st seeds early.

Just remembered you had Phil in your pool which makes this look like a d*** post... Still with second seed the earliest you should ever face a 1st seed is 2nd round.

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
^ Stop sandbagging in pools; you should get 1st seed if you're as good as you say you are, and if the bracket is made properly you won't face the other 1st seeds early.

Just remembered you had Phil in your pool which makes this look like a d*** post... Still with second seed the earliest you should ever face a 1st seed is 2nd round.
I dont ever sandbag
I got first seed in my pool, even with Phil in my pool lol
I always get first seed, I think the only time I got second was when Holy was in my pool a while back

lol exactly see what i mean about bracket ****
sometimes its not even bad brackets, just my ****ty luck lol

Mikey7

Smash Lord
No mms, those prove nothing unless $10+

Once again let me explain the bracket system:

1st vs 4th

2nd vs 3rd

ideally: 1st vs 2nd -> then 1st vs 1st.

No matter what, when you fight the 2nd seed, you're going to be fighting someone amazing. You just have to win. In losers, by the time you're in 9th place, its basically also composed of 1st/2nd seeds.

Its not bad luck, its just how the system works. My past 2 tournies: I've lost to Ambrose in 2nd round, percon immediately after. Then Ambrose 2nd round again, then doc at 7th place bracket. No johns, you have to beat someone big to place well. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, I'm just saying how the system works, and I hope everyone (particularly Fatal) stays unoffended, and if you still are, then I'm sorry.

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
No mms, those prove nothing unless $10+

Once again let me explain the bracket system:

1st vs 4th

2nd vs 3rd

ideally: 1st vs 2nd -> then 1st vs 1st.

No matter what, when you fight the 2nd seed, you're going to be fighting someone amazing. You just have to win. In losers, by the time you're in 9th place, its basically also composed of 1st/2nd seeds.

Its not bad luck, its just how the system works. My past 2 tournies: I've lost to Ambrose in 2nd round, percon immediately after. Then Ambrose 2nd round again, then doc at 7th place bracket. No johns, you have to beat someone big to place well. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, I'm just saying how the system works, and I hope everyone (particularly Fatal) stays unoffended, and if you still are, then I'm sorry.
nah i get it, i hope i dont sound like im complaining, im not

just straightening **** out for my awful performance lol

plus its much worse for me, i bust my *** to reach tournies and this happens every time =P

i know i have to beat someone good to be on the PR, but i never get the chance to be paired up with anyone "good" i only get paired with the best. I know Im not Top 3, but I know I deserve to be somewhere on that PR, but Ill never get that recognition if i keep getting put up against the top players so early on

pastaboy

Smash Champion
wuts the point of being on the pr when it would be even more of a challenge for you to attend tournies to maintain your spot. it would just cause uneccesary drama and waste the panelists time. a good example is JTP.

i know its hard for you to attend tournies but constant attendance is a huge factor in pr placings. IMO attendance should have an even heavier weight towards the pr so we can get larger turnouts

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Iliad I remember you saying that percon outplaced me at pastas niagra, let me point something out in extra detail..

Every tournament I get 2nd in ( about 6 tournies now ) I always have a rough bracket, like REALLY rough bracket.

Ace, Cyan, Fatal, Ambrose, Mikey, Nickcam, Hype, Nikok, Percon himself, Fool, Pastaboy, etc....

The 2 tournaments that percon outplaced me in that i've attended ( yes only 2 ) He gets the EASIEST brackets ever, at jarreds he got buenob, ambrose, and minus to get third.

At Mikeys, i got pho, nikok, thatguy, cyan, ambrose, holy, ace and still got 4th with ally there. And on sunday I got 5ive, Nickcam, FatalX, Mikey, Cyan, Ambrose, Ace, and nearly beat holy in GF.

Not to mention at the pownz ally attended, I got TIPPR, Hype, Mikey, Fool, Minus, Ally. and still tied for 2nd with loads of competition.

With that said, I beat Ace, and no one has done that in GTAN for a LONG time, holy and ally don't count. I deserve 2nd, just because max beat ace in the past dosn't affect now. Opinions?

Gichan

Smash Champion
Doc, I don't know about second, but third seems very likely to happen.

Oh yeah, and the easiest bracket is buenob (didn't this mofo come 5th!), Ambrose (man, he's scrub, thrid on the PR and all), and minus (who has been rpping it up lately)???????? That seemed a bit weird to say, it still looks like a **** tough bracket.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
lol to PR drama. It sucks that If I place like in the top spots of a tourney, I wont make PR because of lack of attendance :(. There are too many good nintendo games to but (coming from the hardcore nintendo fan himself). All of these games, and all of these tourneys, and I work like 30 hrs a week and only get 25% of my money cause the rest has to go to university :(. Yes I'm johning, and I'm proud, still upset attandance is a major factor T_T

Dogg/Naoki/Suzaku

Smash Apprentice
lol to PR drama. It sucks that If I place like in the top spots of a tourney, I wont make PR because of lack of attendance :(. There are too many good nintendo games to but (coming from the hardcore nintendo fan himself). All of these games, and all of these tourneys, and I work like 30 hrs a week and only get 25% of my money cause the rest has to go to university :(. Yes I'm johning, and I'm proud, still upset attandance is a major factor T_T

Same here; the lack of attendance hurts me a lot =[ I have only been to three tourneys, so it makes sense. I was inactive for a while, because of school. I'll attend a few tourneys before summer ends. By that time, I hope I make the PR =] I also think I can beat a few people on the PR ._.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Doc, I don't know about second, but third seems very likely to happen.

Oh yeah, and the easiest bracket is buenob (didn't this mofo come 5th!), Ambrose (man, he's scrub, thrid on the PR and all), and minus (who has been rpping it up lately)???????? That seemed a bit weird to say, it still looks like a **** tough bracket.
My point is........ Percon placing higher than me in a 24 man tournament sholdn't mean dip ****, I outplace him in tournies with 50 +, give me a bit more credit here, its not like I get high placings fighting scrubs, if I thought that they would beg to differ.

Another thing I should point out, since the pr update I'm 2 - 0 against percon, 2 - 1 against brose, 1-1 against ace, 2-0 against nickcam, 1-0 against cyan, 1-0 against hype, 1-0 against mikey, 1-0 against fatalx, lets just say that I havn't had a losing record in sets as of the update, just a tie with phil, with that said. I deserve 2nd, and call it pr drama if you want I'm just sick of being over shadowed by the top 3 I am just as good if not better.

No beef, if there is please cook it :dizzy:

Oh and Ace, its 2-0 you beat me at mikeys and the last pownz, and I beat you at Gi's, thats 2-1 k thx lets do gamebattles after or before pownz bro, my mom is crazy busy making dough on the net.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
DOUBLE POST:

Says that doubles counts to right? I got 1st twice in doubles, 2nd 3 times since before update to now.

And 1 more thing before I gtg, when you guys do make this update, please change my characters to Diddy, ICS, and MK k thanks.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Yo doc, no beef here. Your posts aren't arrogant this time so I don't care, you are making good points. Thing is, you getting 2nd in a span of three months is crazy, and percon has been around since the beginning. He has a really **** strong consistency. He has only failed once, and that was at pownz. ONCE.

Thing is, you should be above Ambrose, I'll give you that, but I think just ONE mroe tourney for you to outplace or beat percon will get you 2nd.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Hey, I moved for the update. Ambrose and Phil didn't come through with the lists though so....

If there is time after pownz then yeah, we might just do it in person then.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Oh my bad ace yeah you're 3-1 against me, thanks for the reminder, and Nate, I just realized that you run away from fire :O but I think everyone does. :urg:

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Yo doc, no beef here. Your posts aren't arrogant this time so I don't care, you are making good points. Thing is, you getting 2nd in a span of three months is crazy, and percon has been around since the beginning. He has a really **** strong consistency. He has only failed once, and that was at pownz. ONCE.

Thing is, you should be above Ambrose, I'll give you that, but I think just ONE mroe tourney for you to outplace or beat percon will get you 2nd.
Understood, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom