• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The F-Zero Challenge. (UPDATE)

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
We need a fast-faller to be a random smasher. Falcon combos on Fox/Falco are sexy.
Truth.

LOL, who is this guy? i don't really care what you say, but i just thought that i would say your arrogance is kinda disgusting right there considering you've never played me. I've always said i was the worst smasher. Even when i did good. My old melee team, was called florida's worst team, even though we were placing really good every tourney. SO...............yeah, and i know for a fact that derf and harriet the guy would not just come in and easily beat me....trust me kid. they would be good matches. and honestly, i hate fighitng spacies sooo much, so you'd have a good chance with them, but dont think you'd just walk over me buddy. Your pretty cute though.

-hiro
When have you placed well? What place is well for you? You THINK derf and harriettheguy wouldn't easily beat you. That's laughable. Btw, I wouldn't be walking over you. I'd be curbstomping you, Miss Hiroshi.

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
Oi...why do I see an argument in the next page or the next few post...
anyways...ummm...

I'll be driving my Blue falcon to the F-0 grand prix o_o.

In 2D

Smash Cadet
OK guys let's stop the arguing here before the thread gets closed. Crispy has a (?) measure of skill. Hiroshi has a (?) measure of skill. Let's leave it at that. Please.

I agree with Synikal when he states that Gigs is not the defining factor for a player's skill, and he has been around before all of us. I also agree with Xyz, when he states that placing in a tournament determines that you have skill. If Derf is the best falcon, Sick is the best falcon, or Sighrax is the best Falcon, they should be here. If they don't come, I'm sure word of this little event will reach them somehow, and then they can be a part of the NEXT "Best Falcon in Florida Tournament".

I'm making this as serious as I can, but I can only do as much as the players themselves allow. They either participate, or pass up the chance to win a title. Suppose a golfer that has been golfing all his life, never takes part in a tournament. People know he's good, and some say he's better than Tiger Woods. If he never enters a tournament with Tiger, or any other huge names in it, how are we going to know who's better?

@ Harriett: I'm gonna bring my recording equipment. I wouldn't pass up this chance.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Haha, yeah Q's definitely been around longer than I.

And I think Sighrax has succumb to the false image that is Street Fighter 4. I'm gonna hit him up.

If I show him the earlier post, that might be enough to fire him up, lol.

-Kimo

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
OK guys let's stop the arguing here before the thread gets closed. Crispy has a (?) measure of skill. Hiroshi has a (?) measure of skill. Let's leave it at that. Please.

I agree with Synikal when he states that Gigs is not the defining factor for a player's skill, and he has been around before all of us. I also agree with Xyz, when he states that placing in a tournament determines that you have skill. If Derf is the best falcon, Sick is the best falcon, or Sighrax is the best Falcon, they should be here. If they don't come, I'm sure word of this little event will reach them somehow, and then they can be a part of the NEXT "Best Falcon in Florida Tournament".

I'm making this as serious as I can, but I can only do as much as the players themselves allow. They either participate, or pass up the chance to win a title. Suppose a golfer that has been golfing all his life, never takes part in a tournament. People know he's good, and some say he's better than Tiger Woods. If he never enters a tournament with Tiger, or any other huge names in it, how are we going to know who's better?

@ Harriett: I'm gonna bring my recording equipment. I wouldn't pass up this chance.
Sorry F-0. I'll refrain from posting uselessness in your thread.

Zoro

Smash Champion
This is funny because if you knew me irl, you would know that I rarely trash talk. I just had a strong opinion that hiroshi shouldn't be a random smasher. I'm done though with the "trash talking" now. Sorry if it disgusted you.
Then just say
i dont think hes good enough

no one would really think you were arrogant if you said that
but you compare yourself and make yourself look far superior than what you really are
maybe a super player like m2k could say 99.9% but not 100%, you especially cant make that claim when talking about mid lvl players which I consider to be most of the people out of top 10 that still play melee. I'm mid level hiroshi is mid level i know you are really good so you would have maybe a 70% against someone like me but 100% is not confidence but pure arrogance.

i know you are not trying to be arrogant and i know your really cool irl but statements like that make you look like something you arent.Hope to play you soon :)

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
Oh yea? You guys better watch out! I can scar jump to Falcon punch! >:/
Witch is hard as **** to pull out at yoshi's....

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
Then just say
i dont think hes good enough

no one would really think you were arrogant if you said that
but you compare yourself and make yourself look far superior than what you really are
maybe a super player like m2k could say 99.9% but not 100%, you especially cant make that claim when talking about mid lvl players which I consider to be most of the people out of top 10 that still play melee. I'm mid level hiroshi is mid level i know you are really good so you would have maybe a 70% against someone like me but 100% is not confidence but pure arrogance.

i know you are not trying to be arrogant and i know your really cool irl but statements like that make you look like something you arent.Hope to play you soon :)
Good points. If I did say that he's not good enough, the same thing would have occurred except the argument would be less dramatic.

Ok. I shouldn't have said 100%, but I'm confident that I could beat him in a set a good percentage of times.

Thanks for understanding where I'm coming from. Hopefully we can play soon so I can face that beastly link.

Laijin, exceptions to the rule always occur.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I've played and met Hiroshi many times at tournaments.
But for the past year of me living in Florida, I don't even remember once ever seeing a dude named Crispy or whatever.
I'm pretty sure being "good" and "known" requires you to show up to tournaments, right?

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
We need a fast-faller to be a random smasher. Falcon combos on Fox/Falco are sexy.
sheik IS A FAST FALLER!!!!!, F-0 does some pretty combos on me.

Truth.

When have you placed well? What place is well for you? You THINK derf and harriettheguy wouldn't easily beat you. That's laughable. Btw, I wouldn't be walking over you. I'd be curbstomping you, Miss Hiroshi.
well, when melee was in it's prime, i was placing top 10 every gigs. which was one of the biggest events every month. like 7th-9th. my best at gigs was 5th. and the people placing higher me were top ten'ers for the most part.

i've played and beat derf in tourney. the last time i played derf in friendlies, (like 5 games in row, i outdid him with my sheik.) harriettheguy is really good, he always picks fox against me, which i already stated i've always had massive problems with spacies. they both combo sheik very well. especially fox with that waveshining to grab to uthrow to uair. it wrecks sheik. but i still don't do too bad, and i know its beatable, so i def know i could go even with his falcon.

you wouldn't be curbstomping me. if you pick spacies, i would have a hard time. and have to be on point. so i can see my self struggling there. but def against your falcon and marth, i'd be making you work for that ish. trust me. even if you are better than me, your are EXTREMELY underestimating me, cuz of the way i post about my self.

and realy, your gonna take a stab at me cuz i play a female character with a female name. its roleplaying dude.

i really wanna play you. like i said, im not saying i'll own you or beat you. but your not gonna sit there and 3 stock me. i'm gonna make you work for that ish.

Good points. If I did say that he's not good enough, the same thing would have occurred except the argument would be less dramatic.

Ok. I shouldn't have said 100%, but I'm confident that I could beat him in a set a good percentage of times.

Thanks for understanding where I'm coming from. Hopefully we can play soon so I can face that beastly link.

Laijin, exceptions to the rule always occur.
so just curious, what are you basing my skill off of? why is it that you feel that way about my skill. what do you know about me that makes you feel your so much better. Just wondering, cuz i really dont know you or have ever seen you play, so i would never say anything like that towards you, without playing you first.

-hiro

Top Bottom