• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The F-Zero Challenge. (UPDATE)

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
Hahahah I love crispy's trash talk...reminds me of NeighborhoodP AKA VyseOwnz on youtube!!!

:colorful:
That sucks. I don't want to be compared to him. I didn't mean for it to be trash talk. I just didn't think hiroshi should be afraid of xyz's falcon. They were close matches which could have gone either way depending on a few moves of course.

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
Rock's Fox is still quite good. He's better than Uuaa. I can't put Uuaa in because I play him alot, I know his style. Also, I stated I wanted top tiers, and Ganon is not top tier.

I would also like to keep Hiroshi, but the same problem arises, I play against him and know his style. I'm sorry Brian, but I honestly think I need a replacement for you. I'm thinking Dop or Exarch, for a peach. Maybe another good shiek player.

Also guys, I got an official "out of retirement" video lol.
It's a fun watch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybqYwsSXvX4

lamugi

Smash Lord
I agree, i honestly think this shouldn't happen. People are either
A. going to get big headed thinking they're the best...or
B. Going to cry,get angry cause someone doesn't think they're good, or john.

Besides queen is prolly the best falcon... then green mario, then crispyone then f-0!

LadyLegion

Smash Ace
Random fox should be uuaa NOT hungrybox because he's super tech and actually MAINS him.
and Dop should be the peach needed (Sorry if this was already mentioned before but i didnt feel like reading everything lol) and if dop can't attend i'll try if I can go.

edit: I'll train a lot since it's in may.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well the main reason I said that, is there is no way to find random smashers that NONE of the falcon players have played somewhat often!!!

Here are all the players styles I know really well/have played often:

Garbanzo
Finch
Sheer
Rx-
Dop
Col Bol
Rockcrock
Zoro
Marin
Dark Sonic
Hozart (recently played him for like 4 hours straight)

Probably more...my point is I've played pretty much everyone in FL multiple times, so it'd be really tough to find a bunch of FL smashers that I don't know anything about their style!!!

So, basically what I'm saying is this challenge is ridiculous because there is no realistic way to do it by your criteria!!!

I still want to do it, I'm just saying you have to consider all the facts!!!

Laijin

Smash Hero
Uhh. I bet if North Florida came, no one here would know how to play against tahem cause their practically another state. lol(NFL don't show up to tournaments in FL).
I'm referring to Green Mario, Ram, etc etc.

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
I have not seen Rockcrock play Fox in literally like 3 years. And we all know how long ago that was. lol
I played against rock's fox in dittos right before RoM. I think that's what it was. It definitely is still very good, but his ganon knows how to play against falcons. If you're off the edge against his ganon, you're not getting back.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
I played against rock's fox in dittos right before RoM. I think that's what it was. It definitely is still very good, but his ganon knows how to play against falcons. If you're off the edge against his ganon, you're not getting back.
you don't crouch cancel falcon kick enough

F Zero have you played rock's ganon? character tiers are so 2003, player tiers are where it's at

and plus i just learned how to waveshine with falcon so consider this challenge harriet's!

("waveshine is hodda" lol)

Zoro

Smash Champion
your rules are so dumb nick

JUST FALCON DITTO!
"falcon ditto doesnt prove anyth..."
Shut up yes it does it proves everything

also i think my link does pretty well against falcon
so if i WANTED to be a random smasher would you not let me?

but no im the best falcon in florida people just dont know it yet because i mess around with him.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Queen, you don't play me that often.:p

It's not even once a month anymore. And last time we played was a Marth ditto. I mean not to john since you beat me pretty bad, but I have like zero Marth practice (I'm the only person in my crew who plays him). I have tons of Falcon practice though. Should be a fun set.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, but Dark Sonic I've beaten you with like ALL of my characters (each in different tourney sets)...so I'm pretty sure I know how you play well enough that by F-0's criteria it wouldn't be fair...

Oh and you act as if I have Marth experience...only Marth I ever play is ummmm...YOU when we play!!!

LOL

;)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah and why High Tiers? I agree with Harriet and Zoro, Player tiers is where its at!

SynikaL

Smash Lord
I actually liked the idea of it just being Falcon dittoes. More fun. That's actually what I thought this was when I first got involved.

No, I read nothing.

-Kimosabae

LadyLegion

Smash Ace
no there can only be 3 gtfo.
who is dop?
the weakest link must go!
o.o what a question >> And hes by far NOT the weakest link.

A Marth
A Fox
and a Falco or Peach
>> That is it

Yea High Tiers, but everyone knows they're the most difficult to approach.
And i don't feel like watching Jiggs x.x...boring.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Yeah, but Dark Sonic I've beaten you with like ALL of my characters (each in different tourney sets)...so I'm pretty sure I know how you play well enough that by F-0's criteria it wouldn't be fair...

Oh and you act as if I have Marth experience...only Marth I ever play is ummmm...YOU when we play!!!

LOL

;)

Well, that's really you just being a better player than me. You'd beat me regardless of how often we played, since you just play so much smarter.

The point is, of all the Falcon's participating I feel you're the only one that I can't beat (and I still think I could take a match of you in a set). The others I've either beaten before or simply don't know them. And even the people who I've beaten, that was a long time ago and it will be interesting to see the improvements everybody made.

It also feels like people are stretching his criteria beyond what it really states. He said that knowing the random smasher's play styles was a flaw...he didn't say that it could (or even should) be fixed or accounted for when selecting the smashers. He said that the character selection was a flaw too, but that could be interpreted many ways. To me, it seems more like it would be a problem of matchup experience, to which I say...the best Falcon is the one who knows the matchups better than all others.:p

Anyway, I certainly do like the theory behind it, but I'm not sure what level of random smashers would really be needed in order to pull this off. If the random smashers beat all of the challengers, then everyone is tied in wins and no progress was made. But to bring in players who you know will get beaten is also a flaw (kinda disqualifies me doesn't it?), since the benchmark could only be set based upon who we "feel" is the best of the challengers.

But really guys, it's a free event so what's with all the complaining? It's a fun idea and I'm sure we'll have a blast doing it, forget all these minor details.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
this can easily be set up at wherever we're playing and we can even do it at every event in place of some friendlies

everyone's got matchup/char experience and playstyle strengths thats why we're doing this in the first place to see what would happen

lets just fight

Top Bottom