• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The F-Zero Challenge. (UPDATE)

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
ill cut em up and upload them soon. D-torr you were busy playing brawl, as was rx and gmoney.

Josh got 2 wins on Hbox, and 1 on Darksonic i think, and had one more person left to play, so he had 3 wins. He could've tied with me or beat me, but i'm not sure. Next one will be more conclusive.

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
- I din't get anyh wins.
- I din't get the gay trainning (up-throw rest...or anything to rest) from h-box
- I haven't face uuaa or h-box
- I should have taken care of the score scheet for f-zer
- I think i know how to beat dark sonic now O.o;
- was parting till 3 am at a club on friday night and din't sleep and coul't focus johns.
- I had too much fun at Florida gaming <3
- Brian shiek would have trash all falcons >.>;

and.... that about it...

I hope that htere is a legit one where there only Mains only. I felt I was the only falcon there beside f-zero...not sure who else mains c. faclon >.> and too tired to go loo back at the pages

Finch

Smash Lord
We should do like a 'Falcon Main' challenge, and a 'I Play Falcon' Challenge. Clearly the pro players are better because they are just good players, not because of their character proficiency.
How are you going to measure "character proficiency?" The way you have it set up the best smash player is going to win regardless. This contest really doesn't prove anything that tournament results couldn't.

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
I agree with Finch on that one. I would say my opinion but I feel like I'd just be recycyling his post lol. In all seriousness I thought this was just some event to add some interest and hype to a tournament.

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
There is no reason to measure character proficiency. The better player will win. What I'm saying is having Falcon mains enter because if pro's who play falcon enter, they will have the better falcon because of their experience and knowledge of the game. It makes things more interesting to have people relatively unknown enter, as opposed to having anyone (including pro's) enter, because then the results are obvious. Everyone thought queen was going to get first, and he did, until shiz entered. Without queen or shiz, who would've come out on top? That's what I want to find out. And THEN, we'll know who's the top Falcon main.

I think it goes something like this:

1. Derf(If he wants to be considered)/Sighrax
2. Crispyone/Harriettheguy
3. Crispyone/Harriettheguy
4. SynikaL/F-Zero
5. SynikaL/F-Zero

As far as Falcon Mains go.

shalom

Smash Journeyman
the thing is is that some of those people don't really main captain falcon they are just beastly with him. Harriettheguy and Crispyone both main fox they just know how to play captain falcon pretty well. Crispyone was the real favorite to win the challenge had he gone. And when was the last time Sighrax played? he was never good to the point where he should be number one on that list. (Disregard that though if the list you put is not supposed to be in any order of skill)

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
I lost to Apollo and Raistlin 0-2 (u guyz got goot)

1-1 with darksonic (aggro fest)

2-0 against hungry's luigi (wtf luigi?)

uuaa and i tried to play but got separated by opposing riptides of bodies :(

Edit: stop saying I sandbag it takes away from the people beating me...im not isaiah status yet

i screw around to make people laugh or just to see their reaction but im always trying to win

shalom

Smash Journeyman
josh, screwing around to make people laugh is sandbagging even if there is a hint of you trying to win. At this point its not sandbagging though its actually how you play so I guess you are right, lol

Also you saying you screw around to make people laugh takes more away from their wins than someone else saying you sandbag ever could.

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
There is no reason to measure character proficiency. The better player will win. What I'm saying is having Falcon mains enter because if pro's who play falcon enter, they will have the better falcon because of their experience and knowledge of the game. It makes things more interesting to have people relatively unknown enter, as opposed to having anyone (including pro's) enter, because then the results are obvious. Everyone thought queen was going to get first, and he did, until shiz entered. Without queen or shiz, who would've come out on top? That's what I want to find out. And THEN, we'll know who's the top Falcon main.

I think it goes something like this:

1. Derf(If he wants to be considered)/Sighrax
2. Crispyone/Harriettheguy
3. Crispyone/Harriettheguy
4. SynikaL/F-Zero
5. SynikaL/F-Zero

As far as Falcon Mains go.
As Shalom has said, I don't MAIN falcon. He's definitely one of my best characters after fox and falco.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
josh, screwing around to make people laugh is sandbagging even if there is a hint of you trying to win. At this point its not sandbagging though its actually how you play so I guess you are right, lol

Also you saying you screw around to make people laugh takes more away from their wins than someone else saying you sandbag ever could.
youre right im gonna adopt chops' murder mentality

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
I've been missing tourneys since early 08 to late 08. If I had been consistently going, I might have been as good as hungrybox. He rose in skill above me when he started going to oos tournies. Now that I am going again, my skill is improving quickly. I'm surprised I could go toe-to-toe with Shiz at FG.

And yeah, I guess tubes was right after all. There are no good Falcon mains.

shalom

Smash Journeyman
I've been missing tourneys since early 08 to late 08. If I had been consistently going, I might have been as good as hungrybox. He rose in skill above me when he started going to oos tournies. Now that I am going again, my skill is improving quickly. I'm surprised I could go toe-to-toe with Shiz at FG.

And yeah, I guess tubes was right after all. There are no good Falcon mains.
I'm not sure where all that came from, but couldn't alot of people say they could be alot better if they went to more tourney's?

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
For somereason, I was watching H-box falcon the other day while doing teams. When me and Dx got next...someone my inner skills exploded out of the blue. Ask PB & J X3. I was cleaning house >.>;

I am going to call this hidden explosion: Gear Second....why? because I like One Piece, and two, the hidden skill doesn't last long :/.

Gear Second info:

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Gear_Second#Gear_Second

and for some reason, I get hungry after pulling all my stunt >.>;

Top Bottom