• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
You didn't post in the official thread, Willz. I'm hoping someone drops out though because we could really use you in it. I have no idea who the other two people are, though. I was hoping it would be Lord, me, you and YoshQ, but YoshQ dropped his rep for Luigi. lulz.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
What's better walking or running?
Depends on who you ask.

Darxmarth was a huge fan of walking, but he isn't around anymore. I don't know what other people think about walking, but I usually stick with running and fastfalling so people think I'm cool. I walk a little bit, it's fun to catch the enemy off-guard when they think you'll run but you walk.

On the pro side of walking, you can do any attack out of it, which is why Darx advocated it a lot. Just try it out yourself in friendlies and see what you can make out of walking... just don't walk vs anybody with a projectile.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Walk to intimidate. Run to stay in comfort zones.
Dash dance to mindgame. Down taunt to down taunt.
Jump Backward (Backflip) then move forward with it for extra manliness.

We could dub them manflips, but holy **** that sounds gay.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz

Dash dancing in brawl is plain stupid.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at

oh god, i lol'd at this post irl

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
P3 COMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I use knee though so I can..

WILLZ COMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Player-3

Smash Hero
rofl helmet combo doesn't even have a falcon punch
what a scrub

and, if you're doing that
you can do the Player-3 combo (not p3 combo) which is dthrow > hyphen smash when they airdodge + di away

works alllll the time

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
The Helmet Combo can have a Falcon Punch.
No one said the Falcon Punch had to hit though.

Downthrow -> Downsmash -> 360 Falcon Punch in place.

Yung Mei

i still remember the first time i did a 360 falcon punch

came everywhere

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
its name is stupid though

maybe if it was called the 2knee combo
Another combo is already named the 2knee combo.

And its name is less stupid than the gatling combo, for example.
Or, at least, it makes more sense. :bee:

Yung Mei

can anyone tell me the CF/Zelda matchup?

wanna know, mostly because i got butt ***** hella gay earlier today by a halfassed zelda >.>

****, i really have to stop playing aggressively >.<

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Zelda's an odd character. She can really abuse Falcon's fastfalling at lower percents and take advantage of him being forced to approach her.

Personally, what I do is keep close to Zelda while being defensive and shielding almost consistently. A lot of her attacks have range and lingering hitboxes, but it's possible to get within her comfort zone. Try to keep within distance where she won't have the time to cast a Din's Fire without being punished, that should be common knowledge. Try to bait attacks out of her and don't risk doing anything that could get you punished like Raptor Boost or Falcon Kick because she does have priority and options to punish.

Critical Heel is a lot like our Knee of Justice, except she's more floaty than us and it's a bit more predictable. Though, correct me if I'm wrong, she can buffer a Fair or Bair while short hopping next to us an it's possible to land a sweetspot before she even reaches the peak of her jump. I'm almost certain that it's been done to me in the past and that I've done it myself as Zelda, but against Falcon... I'm not certain. DK, Ganondorf, Bowser and ROB, I've done it on for a fact. So just watch out for that too.

Nair, Dtilt, Usmash, Dsmash and Nayru's Love are some of the other things you have to watch out for. Priority and range, eats through most approaches and attacks and can pressure you away. They're difficult to punish, too, so watch out for those and try to space with either aerials or utilt frequently. For aerials, I would say to use Bair or Uair more preferably. They auto-cancel immediately and can keep her knocked back.

Her recovery is where she fails. It's one of the easiest recoveries to punish next to Lucario. If you know where she's going to land or if you're on the ledge and she's force to recover on stage or in the airspace above the stage, you're almost guaranteed to punish her with a well timed Knee.

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Darky I play regularly a Zelda and Sheik. For Zelda you have to be aware that when you attack her shield she is able to hit you with a lighting kick, because she can buffer a fair or bair while jumping. Be cautious with your air approaches because her upsmash will hurt.

Zelda weakness is that she can't take pressure so jabs will work wonder and she is weak in the air. If you up throw her you can land some up air and knees. The only aerial that could interrupt the string is her dair but if you time it correctly Zelda will suffer a lot.

Major weakness is that she has slow attacks, can't take pressure, and her recovery is bad. If anyone wants I could invite ScaryLB59 to give his opinion. He is currently one of the best Zelda/Sheik and we play each other all the time.

Top Bottom