• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I think he means if someone hits the ground and you're able to hit them with the first hit of the Nair, then will it force get up?

I doubt it does, but I can't say for certain. I've never been able to make someone bounce and magically be in the air and within FH Nair distance to try it. Plus, it would be hard to time it properly since the hitbox doesn't stay out.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
No U

He was talking about if we hit a knocked down opponent with FHNair.
The answer is no, it doesn't.

Edit : ninja'd by Darky.

no i was talking about if i hit someone with another move and then if they didn't tech it could i use the first hit of nair to force a get up. All i need to know is if it has locking potential, sorry i wasn't really specific with my question

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Yeah, that's what we're saying.
I don't think it's possible, though.

A weak Bair has locking potential up until a certain percent, so that's much more reliable. Interesting question though, someone should look into it.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
thanks i would try it myself but i don't own a wii. And does falcon have a complete frame data guide
We have some frame data but by no means a complete guide.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260826[/url]

Edit: I don't remember where the other threads went but they had some data on his smash attacks :S if you're really needing to see them they're in my guide under the "Move Analysis".

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Falcon's dash attack doesn't have a sour spot that causes force get-up, does he? Majority of the roster does, but there's a few exceptions. Not sure if Falcon's one of 'em.

Punisher93

Smash Cadet
hey man,

is first hit nair < uair < jab... a combo at lower percents?
For example at Ganondorf, or maybe even all chars i dunno? :dizzy:
Can't test it on real player at the moment :laugh:

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
First hit nair -> UAIR -> jab? Uhhh... the Uair would knock them back too far and you'd be in the air, so getting a guaranteed jab? I don't see that being a possibility, regardless of the percentage.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Yeah, but you'd be auto-canceling the uair right at that moment that it hits. You'd have to use the uair while rising after the FH nair from what Punisher was implying. That'd give them a lot of reaction time.

Maybe another attack, but jab? Doubt that.

Punisher93

Smash Cadet
haven't tried it?
the uair really doesn't kick them that far away, so please try it one time.
and you get pretty quick back on the ground if you just fastfall
Or do CPUs really suck that hard?

Edit: wow you're fast man ;D
Player-3 know's that he knows everything that could been known and my english suck

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
CPUs just don't feel the need to avoid things that can otherwise be DI'd or shielded. Falcon has a lot of pseudo combos from a fast fall uair at lower percents, as well as with his bair, but uhhh...

FH Nair -> Uair -> Jab shouldn't work, even if they're at 0%.

Punisher93

Smash Cadet
yeah ok, but even if the jab doesn't work, is it even usefull to just firsthitnair < uair?
maybe near the ledge if the opponents has some high percents?

Player-3

Smash Hero
i would say it's useful in teams because you're alot safer after a uair than a utilt/up b/fsmash

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
It's incomplete. you can Uair a lot of chars (Lucas, Mario, Jiggs...) and you can even knee Ness. Maybe you can hyphen smash Lucas too but I'm not sure.

Definetely needs more testing.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Ok my bad.
Now you should try chars with an exploitable GR trajectory (aka Mario, Luigi, Lucas, Kirby, Ivy, maybe Pika, maybe Oli).

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I bet we can uair a lot of characters. And I think Ness can nair before we knee but they gotta know what you're trying to pull. Idk maybe my timing is just off.

If anyone wants to continue the GR thread be my guest. If you do I would suggest putting "strict timing" for things like kneeing Ness and regrabbing MK.

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
I bet we can uair a lot of characters. And I think Ness can nair before we knee but they gotta know what you're trying to pull. Idk maybe my timing is just off.

If anyone wants to continue the GR thread be my guest. If you do I would suggest putting "strict timing" for things like kneeing Ness and regrabbing MK.
buffered fair is guaranteed knee

ness cant do ****

Top Bottom