• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
The secret is that you must have input the Dair right after the SH, and before Falcon leaves the ground.
You've got like 7 frames, so sliding your thumb like Slader said is the best solution.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
what the **** is with the smash community and abbreviating every ****ing technique

and okay, I do that **** anyway, so EAZY

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Auto-Canceled, but for some reason, i can't do it with the A-Button D: (C-stick johns)

Edit:Overlooked that question by a page, Darky beat me to it.

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
is not that hard to do with the A is actually harder with the C-stick, because it causes fast falling. But after you build the memory you will do it with ease :D

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
wait, i thought c-stick let you use aerials without changing your momentum?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
In Melee it did, but i find it easier with the C-Stick on AC aerials.
Must be accustomed to it:p

TKD

Smash Lord
I'll post here since there's no general discussion thread.
This board needs a new grab release thread for Falcon with every grab release possible vs every character including if they're forced air-breaks or not. I think Falcon has things like grab release full hop nair vs Mario and grab release sweet-spot fair (full hop as well) vs Ness and visited this character board to check but the information wasn't there.

Yung Mei

question, what is Gentleman useful for? i've been using it alot more in my gameplay, so far i've been able to set up Jab Strings that lead up to 15-20 damage. But most of the time it just gets me punished :\

lordhelmet

Smash Master
question, what is Gentleman useful for? i've been using it alot more in my gameplay, so far i've been able to set up Jab Strings that lead up to 15-20 damage. But most of the time it just gets me punished :\
It really depends on who you are playing... I sometimes use the Gentleman against heavy characters, and if it works the first time (they don't SDI it) then I'll use it again.

I just stick with jab>grab on lightweights and jab>jab>grab on heavies for the most part.

Yung Mei

It really depends on who you are playing... I sometimes use the Gentleman against heavy characters, and if it works the first time (they don't SDI it) then I'll use it again.

I just stick with jab>grab on lightweights and jab>jab>grab on heavies for the most part.
lol, i use jab cancel on heavy's because it does tons of damage lol

should i just mix it up then?

Yung Mei

question about canceling lag on dAir

i know that to do it i have to Jump and slide over to A

but do i have to hold the Jump button? or can i just press it quickly and dAir?

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Jump, then immediately dair, right at the beginning of the short hop.
Don't fast fall it and it should have enough frames to auto-cancel itself.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
uhhh so yeah, im kinda new at the falcon baords, but basically, i was doodling around in practice mode on wifi, and i figured out CF can do the ganon super jump......except its not taht super.... is the CF baords already known of this?

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
uhhh so yeah, im kinda new at the falcon baords, but basically, i was doodling around in practice mode on wifi, and i figured out CF can do the ganon super jump......except its not taht super.... is the CF baords already known of this?
Yes it's known.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
oh yeah, its situational, but like telling lordy, Uair>footstool>FK=ground combo, not aerial combo =_=

it racks at least 25%-28%

or u can read, u could knee or FP. meh

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Team Falcon
1.) Skittlez (3223 6863 0838)
2.) Darky-Sama (0602-6025-9237)
3.) The Nameless Wanderer (0388-5662-9269 ; Zolo)
4.) lordhelmet (3179-5733-4118)

Does anyone know who Nameless or Skittlez are? Supposedly Nameless is good but I'm pretty sure Skittlez is a random

Top Bottom