• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I meant jump up and away lol. MK might be able to uair out, but I don't think it would hit Falcon or beat usmashe's disjoint for that matter.

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
Sup guys Ive been playing with falcon lately and been having a blast but I have been finding it hard to hit with FH Nair any suggestions? Also can anyone post some u-tube vids of some good falcons I have seen most of lord helmets vids and ally
the best way to pull off a knee is to be unexpected on ur approach thats it thats all but dont spam the knee then you will become to predictable just wait til u feel its ready the more you wait the better trust me i know here r my vids.

video 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qzz0AOl1bU
video 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-3ps9W-NUE

ps.subscribe and the others will be up later.xD

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
If MK can do that, he can also shuttle loop our B-hind.
No he can't, shuttle loop is too slow (for this) and doesn't have inv frames in the air.

And Lordy Uair works, I learnt it while playing the best french MK. Obviously not every MK knows that so it will work sometimes, but don't expect to land it on top MKs.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
If MK can do that, he can also shuttle loop our B-hind.
No he can't.

No he can't, shuttle loop is too slow (for this) and doesn't have inv frames in the air.

And Lordy Uair works, I learnt it while playing the best french MK. Obviously not every MK knows that so it will work sometimes, but don't expect to land it on top MKs.
I know that, I stated that uair works already.

i think you guys are just doing it wrong
The MKs you are playing are doing it wrong.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
The frames for Meta Knight to jump + air dodge is shorter than his up+B by a few frames. A lot of the stuff that's suppose to be guaranteed on MK after a grab release is garbage because he can avoid it with a jump -> air dodge.

Falcon's Uair is the only thing Falcon has that's guaranteed from my knowledge. The smashes work against MKs that just spam up+B like they can usually do to avoid ****, but it can be avoided.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
yo, i was just on smash wiki looking up on CF- i saw that the ganon matchup is 55:45 in ganon's favor

is that right? cuz i was like "wat"

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Your doin it wrong :p
It's 55:45 Falcon's Favor.
But a matchup that close just shows what Falcon is crap x___x

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
ppppppppppppfffffffffffffffffftttttttttt

i was @ school at the time i actually looked it up ;.;
they blocked smash boards so i went to smash wiki

D

Deleted member

so i asked this in the wrong thread, but are chain-grabs possible with falcon?

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
And on Meta Knight. If you don't buffer it properly Meta Knight's going to molest your face. Chances are, he'll still molest your face if he knows how to avoid it {and if you're even 2-3 frames off of your buffering}, but the grab comes out quicker than his attacks do if you buffer it correctly. So I'd say it's worth using.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
FThrow pseudo-CGs for heavy/fast falling characters up to like 15% but its not 100% safe
This is what i enjoy using.
No. Other than grab release>regrab on Squirtle
Gotta start doing that when i get a grab, which is hard to do on an aerial Squirtle.

And on Meta Knight. If you don't buffer it properly Meta Knight's going to molest your face. Chances are, he'll still molest your face if he knows how to avoid it {and if you're even 2-3 frames off of your buffering}, but the grab comes out quicker than his attacks do if you buffer it correctly. So I'd say it's worth using.
Lawlz, the buffering necessary is flat out difficult, but it's worth it.
Otherwise, i don't know what has the speedDsmash, But MK will get out it pretty easily if you mess up on the buffering by even a few frames.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Hey guys, I've been trying Grab release to pivot grab on Wario, and it seems like it's working... in training mode. Anyone can test it with a human player ?

Player-3

Smash Hero
most chars pivot grabs (ignoring tethers) are as fast (if not faster) as a standing grab, which is 6ish frames

falcon is around double that length.

pick falcon, and pivot grab

pick anyone else besides ZSS, and pivot grab

there is a very large difference

Player-3

Smash Hero
so is:

fox
falco
marth
sheik

well speaking of shiek zeldas grab is complete trash

ic
luigi
mario
etc
etc

snack

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=234915
Falcon's pivot grab is frame 16. And when air releasing anyone you have an advantage of 20 frames so technically it's possible.

Also the hitbox of pivot grab seems way higher than standing grab, so high it makes Wario teleport into your hand when you grab him from a GR.
So I'd want you to test it before saying it's impossible.

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
wow, our pivot grab sucks hard :ohwell:
frames are too wacky
Falcon = 16
ZSS = 16 (tether)
Ganon = 10 o.O

I've been trying to shove pivots into my playing style but they're only good for punishing lengthy moves while moving away (Falcon kicks, Luca's DAir) and they don't work more than twice

People are just too smart :bee:
/sarcasm

Top Bottom