• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
All I know is that with whatever changes were made in 4.1 (not sure if they are in 4.0) it was very very easy to send a recovering opponent incredibly far with it.

Edit: Crap your right. I forgot the most important rule of Smash. CPU = Moron

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Ness needs some special attention >_>

Cause while everyone else is getting buffed he's sitting idle and now its gotten to the point where he's pretty behind :I

But the only changes I agree on so far are nair tripping on the sourspot and uair comboing better at low percentages.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
All I know is that with whatever changes were made in 4.1 (not sure if they are in 4.0) it was very very easy to send a recovering opponent incredibly far with it.

Edit: Crap your right. I forgot the most important rule of Smash. CPU = Moron
GG.

Ness needs some special attention >_>

Cause while everyone else is getting buffed he's sitting idle and now its gotten to the point where he's pretty behind :I

But the only changes I agree on so far are nair tripping on the sourspot and uair comboing better at low percentages.
Characters who dont recieve changes != Not getting attention.

Snake has barely gotten any changes but he's perfectly fine.

When a character is BAD and has gotten barely any changes, there goes your platform to support well-thought buffs.

I'm just sayin, though.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Most of the general changes were nerfing Ness is what I meant. He needs some individual buffs to fix that O:<

Sukai

Smash Champion
Ness is a Frigg'n machine in Brawl+.
I honestly don't see why people are complaining about him. Just looks like groundless speculation to me.

Revven

FrankerZ
The thing is, Sage played Ness in an actual tournament environment (Brawl+ tourney actually, ChuDat's tourney to be more exact) so right now he has more Ness experience in actual serious matches than what most of us probably have.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
to the guy complaining about ness, maybe its just you. try using more characters. i was never good with jigglypuff and i started to second her in b+

Sorto

Smash Journeyman
As far as I know, the default buffering frames in brawl+ is like 2-3 frames. This gives it a more melee feel then brawl, since brawls buffering is like 10-11 frames. I know the buffering can be changed by altering the codes. But, I feel that perhaps the buffering system default frames should be closer to brawls numbers. SO that perhaps brawl+ tournaments may also follow suit.
It is my understanding that brawl+ is not melee 2.0, but is instead a combination of melee and brawl with some extra changes that aim to make all characters in brawl more playable. I felt the new buffering system was one of the new things that brawl introduced that was actually well recieved. Buffering allowed for minimalistic combos (even though hitsun counter acted much of it) and quicker chaining of moves. If anything, I feel it is competitively a good thing for a fighting game and made regular brawl move a lil faster then it would have other wise. As well, keeping this larger buffering window in brawl+ would help to keep alot of that "brawl feel" that everyone has become accustomed to in the last few months, while still allowing a faster paced game that includes comboing, l canceling, competitiveness and a lot of good melee attributes.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
The newest brawl+ codeset lets individuals choose the amount of frames of buffer they want. So if you want a larger buffer window but someone else wants a smaller one, you just set the handicap.

No need to alter codes or anything like that. =D

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
In the newest codeset you can just change your amount of handicap. Handicap should be on by default.

Basically 100% handicap is 10 frames of buffer, Brawls amount. 90% is 9 frames, 80% is 8 frames, and so on and so on. Brawl+ will set the amount of buffer for each person, and ignore the handicap when the match starts.

Sorto

Smash Journeyman
Thats really cool. Do you think that tournaments would allow players to set handicaps?

Sorto

Smash Journeyman
well u wudnt be allowed yto b4. but its sorta diff now hehhe... idk

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
It takes out the actual handicap effect. So all it changes is buffering. Also, it defaults so that handicap is on so there is no reason not to use it.

BEES

Smash Lord
I can't seem to notice a difference between 0% and 100% handicap. It all feels like 0 buffer. Maybe I'll try adding the code again.

Also, someone needs to add taunt canceling. It may only be cosmetic, but it's one of those cosmetic things that would add a lot.

SHOW ME SHOW ME SHOW ME SHOW ME YOUR MOVES

Metatitan

Smash Master
buffering will probly have a set number so that the game is consistent and exactly the same for everybody and totally non personal

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
buffering will probly have a set number so that the game is consistent and exactly the same for everybody and totally non personal
If tourneys let people make names to change their controls, why wouldnt B+ tourneys let you change your handicap?

>___>

By that logic, tourneys wouldnt let you create your own tags and controls. And would forbid you from using your OWN tag with your OWN controls on your OWN console at your OWN setup. <____>

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
*sigh* This thread has so much stupidity in it. Buffer customization being illegal in tournaments? Wow

Anyway...

Can someone PLEASE give me the text for the 4.1 gct file so that I can update it with the new file replacement code. I'm tired of this random freezing bullsh*t. Brought my Wii to school today and had some peeps play the game and it froze twice on me...f*cking TWICE. Most embarrassing thing ever...

Or if someone can give me a .gct with file replacement 2.0 and Brawl+ 4.1. already set that would be pretty cool.

alvicala

Smash Cadet
*sigh* This thread has so much stupidity in it. Buffer customization being illegal in tournaments? Wow

Anyway...

Can someone PLEASE give me the text for the 4.1 gct file so that I can update it with the new file replacement code. I'm tired of this random freezing bullsh*t. Brought my Wii to school today and had some peeps play the game and it froze twice on me...f*cking TWICE. Most embarrassing thing ever...

Or if someone can give me a .gct with file replacement 2.0 and Brawl+ 4.1. already set that would be pretty cool.
The latest 4.1 beta has the File Replacement 2.1a code in it.

I´ll PM it to you if you wish.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
>___>

By that logic, tourneys wouldnt let you create your own tags and controls. And would forbid you from using your OWN tag with your OWN controls on your OWN console at your OWN setup. <____>
official Nintendo-made Tournaments are like this...seriously

KAN

Smash Cadet
I love Brawl+! It's awesome!

However I have a slight problem:
The Luigi's mansion code doesn't work for me. It freezes the game when I select Luigi's mansion.
Does anybody know how to fix that?

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Am I the only one who think Fox has been nerfed badly in shanus' latest nightly build?
How so? His u-tilt wont combo into itself more then twice, the n-air should have more knockback, and drill has a little more landing lag, making it combo into u-smash later. Nerfed? Ya probably, but not anything major. But do tell us what you think.

shanus

Smash Hero
I dont get his logic. How do we have limited approach options both before and after the hit?

IC3R

Smash Lord
Hey shanus, what's this supposed to mean:
Brawl+ BETA 4.1 Changelist said:
-Falcon's Gentlemen was scale 50 10 base angle 70, now is scale 100 base 30 angle 30
Did the Gentleman just get Meleefied? D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom