• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenGhost21

Smash Cadet
Can you add Phantom Wings' File Replacer code?
I wanna have custom textures AND Brawl+!

P.S. THE BRAWL+ CODES DIDN'T WORK!
When I tried to load it with Gecko OS, it just froze!
WTF?!

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Can you add Phantom Wings' File Replacer code?
I wanna have custom textures AND Brawl+!

P.S. THE BRAWL+ CODES DIDN'T WORK!
When I tried to load it with Gecko OS, it just froze!
WTF?!
When it says that one gct goes in the regular codes folder and the other one (that actually has all the codes you'll be using) goes in a different folder, it isn't joking. Follow the directions and it will load just fine.

GreenGhost21

Smash Cadet
When it says that one gct goes in the regular codes folder and the other one (that actually has all the codes you'll be using) goes in a different folder, it isn't joking. Follow the directions and it will load just fine.
Umm, I did put them in the folders it said they went in. Please don't assume I'm a noob at this stuff, okay?!
BTW I'm just gonna use Gecko Brawl, if it's under 430 lines of code. Is it?
I hope it is.
Oh, and could someone make a .gct file with both Brawl+ and the texture swapper codes? I'd really appreciate it.

EDIT: Well, it went black, so I'm gonna use the Snapshot code.

EDIT 2: Does "Codeset GCT" refer to offline, online, or both?
It may just be problems with gecko os, so i'll try ocarina.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
I have a couple of questions...

Which GCT files have the codes that alters the game (like gravity, speed, etc.)? What does the other GCT file do?
Is there a way I can edit this codeset so I can remove some codes and add in the texture code?

Sukai

Smash Champion
At GreenGhost:
Delete the codes and put them back in.
I had a similar issue and the above instructions fixed it.
They will soon be re-releasing the codeset to include the texture hack codes, be patient.
Of course you can always do it yourself.

GreenGhost21

Smash Cadet
Well, I used ocarina, and it loaded, but no Brawl+. can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Also, what post is the "above instructions" in?

GreenGhost21

Smash Cadet
I don't know what did it, (It froze at the same screen it was at when it started loading sd codes before) but Brawl+ is up and running!
(oh, and sum1 should include the Ganondorf Sword code, it iz epic. :laugh:)

Gindler

Smash Champion
Well I searched for textures for like a recommendation thing and I think this may be one, not sure though. I just thought I'd suggest a professor chaos texture for like ness or something, just thought it'd be nifty.

Sr. P & R

Smash Apprentice
I was wondering what the buffer code actually does, and the exact relation between it and the handicap.

If there is an earlier post that explains it, please tell me the page.

Sukai

Smash Champion
I was wondering what the buffer code actually does, and the exact relation between it and the handicap.

If there is an earlier post that explains it, please tell me the page.

The handicap increases you buffering window from the Brawl+ default (2 frames) to the Brawl default (10 frames).

Dont.Forget.To.Smile

Smash Rookie
if, in an online match, im playing an opponent who is using the ONline.gct

and i am lazy and dont want to switch mine from the OFFline.gct

would just setting my handicap to 100 to give me a buffer window that is equal to theirs work without having to swap codesets?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
if, in an online match, im playing an opponent who is using the ONline.gct

and i am lazy and dont want to switch mine from the OFFline.gct

would just setting my handicap to 100 to give me a buffer window that is equal to theirs work without having to swap codesets?
No. Because online doesnt have the ignore handicap code for online play and offline does, so he'll see you at 100% and that will cause a desync.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
omg, again. Why did we get rid of wild pokes : (
QFT

seriously, having no-switch wild pokes and forced-switch pt was awesome - now we just have one PT with all the risks (cp'ing, managing pokes) stripped away and the options increased

wild pokes vs. pt made sense, but this...it's risk/reward vs an overpowered pt that does everything
Now, pt mains may like the concept of having all your options, but where's the negative aspect to counterbalance that?

EDIT@Neko below: we figured out that it was the hitbox mod code that messed with the CSS (why? we have no clue...CSSes dont necessarily have hitboxes lol)

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
To be quite honest, Wild Pokemon wins so hard.

So like unless they were the cause of the glitchy CSS, we should put them back in. :|

And for PT, make it so that Holding R/L on rebirth DOES NOT switch pokemon.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
"seriously, having no-switch wild pokes and forced-switch pt was awesome - now we just have one PT with all the risks (cp'ing, managing pokes) stripped away and the options increased"

This.

10char

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
I had some ideas for snake. What do you guys think?

Snake: I believe that opponents are not rewarded enough for when they successfully approach snake. His attacks are extremely powerful if you get too close, but the problem is that his power isn't balanced by his inability to move around; his mortar slide goes much too far. Therefore, I believe a pretty significant nerf to the motor slide is in order. Another problem with snake is that he's all the reward but little risk. He's very, VERY heavy, so suffering from a few blows isn't a big deal since he lives forever, his recovery is **** good, and his mortar slide is essentially a reset button since he can just slide away.

To give snake something back, an increase to the power of his stage control and edge guarding game would be cool. This will make snake extremely difficult to approach, and deadly near the edge. Snake needs to play more of a bait game, that frankly needs to be a bit more technical, so I have a few things which I think would compliment this play style.

Nerfs:
-(the already added third jab nerf)
-Weakened Uptilt
-Traction Modifier, make him less slidy so that his mortar slide doesn't go nearly as far.
-Weight Modifier, make him weigh as much link/ike.

Buffs:
-Sourspot fair no longer pops up, but sends a bit forward like DK's sourspot fair.
-Fair Speed up 1.1x
-Uptilt speed up 1.05x
-Mine planting (Down Smash) speed up 1.2x

Some fun suggestions:
-Randomize the effects of snake's neutral B, turning it into a bag tricks (which Snake basically is in his games) kinda like DDD, but more pronounce. Along with the grenades he already has (which he would pull out the most frequently), he could pull out things like a grenade which can cause a very quick stun (like a deku nut), or a smoke grenade, or food, or something like a Snake-specific super scope that can't charge.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Can someone help me out? I'm trying to figure out how to get the brawl+ and textures to work. The .gct file in the pf folder has the codes that made brawl+ right (gravity, sh, speed, etc. mods)? While the .gct file in the codes folder has the snapshot code? I would like to make my own .gct file that enables the snapshot code as well as textures if possible...

Sr. P & R

Smash Apprentice
I heard they're working on that, so I think you'll just have to wait it out.

Edit: sorry, just to be clear, that was @ Iamthemovie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom