• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxDeUh

Smash Journeyman
Define glide tossing back and forth. I can glide toss fine, but I can't dribble. "Dribbling" is when Diddy glide tosses the banana downwards and catches the banana. I tried doing it for a good 10 minutes, no go.

So I assumed something in Brawl+ changed Diddy's ability to perform this AT.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I finally got to play brawl + tonight with the plusery code set it nearly brought a tear to my eye, I don't think i'll ever play vBrawl again, Thank you all!
Haha. Good to hear. We've warned people about what might happen once you guys play Brawl+. It's affecting a lot of people, which is good. :)

kupo15

Smash Hero
Define glide tossing back and forth. I can glide toss fine, but I can't dribble. "Dribbling" is when Diddy glide tosses the banana downwards and catches the banana. I tried doing it for a good 10 minutes, no go.

No, nothing changed specifically to diddy, its the buffering code. Basically, instead of being able to perform your next action during the last 10 frames of the current action and having it done automatically for you, its now a 2 frame window. This means you have to be more precise and make your inputs closer to when diddy would actually dribble then just performing the entire sequence of inputs in a row. It takes some getting used to, but its not impossible :)

CountKaiser

Smash Lord

I'm sorry, I think I'm referring to double dribbling. Ignore me.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
Hey look, Brawl+ when hitstun first came out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjdgVmy1EU0&feature=related#t=2m15s

All lulz aside...

Yeah, I was thinking about that. Tweaking the moves with random effects.

Like, for Peach, every 10 turnips she pulls, she'd pull out a bomb-omb guaranteed.
Or, for Luigi, his misfire would only occur when you let go right before his over B would fully charge. (like a few frames before)

Things like these so as to take out more of the random elements present in the game.
That's actually a pretty interesting idea. Being able to control or plan for some of these things would actually add a new dimension to many character's games. It might have some adverse balancing effects though (as in Luigi having godly recover if the misfire could be mastered). We'd have to be mindful. But I'm all for tinkering with it if it's at all possible.

The only random aspects of the game are (correct me if I'm missing anything):

1) D3/Peach projectile
I like the above suggestion, though the number might have to be higher.

2) G&W hammer
Make it go in order? He'd have to use it 8 times to get to the 9, so as long as you keep the pressure on it'd be hard for him to abuse it. Spamming through the numbers after knockback/kills might make it too reliable though.

edit: forgot this!
3) Luigi misfire
Above suggestion once again.

4) moves that trip
Having moves trip only at the tip would be cool. Remember that the game keeps track of moves that barley skim the opponent (when the sparks come out)? Perhaps if we could find that in memory, we could have it trigger a trip on said moves.

Another idea would be to have tripping attacks only trip when the opponent was running. That might make short range trip moves too useless though.

Just throwing some ideas around.

5ive

Smash Champion
Some suggestions for future codes?
Maybe I'm late, just bare with me.

Bigger time window for teching input, and

Some sort of smash DI (Maybe Hold the c-stick along with control stick like in melee) as normal Brawl SDI won't work because of hitstun.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Hey look, Brawl+ when hitstun first came out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjdgVmy1EU0&feature=related#t=2m15s

All lulz aside...

That's actually a pretty interesting idea. Being able to control or plan for some of these things would actually add a new dimension to many character's games. It might have some adverse balancing effects though (as in Luigi having godly recover if the misfire could be mastered). We'd have to be mindful. But I'm all for tinkering with it if it's at all possible.

The only random aspects of the game are (correct me if I'm missing anything):

1) D3/Peach projectile
I like the above suggestion, though the number might have to be higher.

2) G&W hammer
Make it go in order? He'd have to use it 8 times to get to the 9, so as long as you keep the pressure on it'd be hard for him to abuse it. Spamming through the numbers after knockback/kills might make it too reliable though.

edit: forgot this!
3) Luigi misfire
Above suggestion once again.

4) moves that trip
Having moves trip only at the tip would be cool. Remember that the game keeps track of moves that barley skim the opponent (when the sparks come out)? Perhaps if we could find that in memory, we could have it trigger a trip on said moves.

Another idea would be to have tripping attacks only trip when the opponent was running. That might make short range trip moves too useless though.

Just throwing some ideas around.
Honestly, I'm against something of the sort. The reason why Peach's Bob-ombs are random is because of the low risk high reward the bomb gives. D3 spawning items only works when an item is set to on in the item select screen. If you turn all items to off and set frequency to none. He never spawns a capsule or an item.

GaW's judgement has no really good way to make it non-random and balanced, unless you want to go back to melee and have the judgement give a number based on a unit of time. if the elapsed time of teh match is 00:0x:00, whatever the x is, will give the corresponding hammer, but like in Melee, that could be timed and mastered. :/

Luigi's misfire is more sane, but eh. I prefer it to stay random. Having it on a set pattern will only buff his recovery in the hands of someone who kows what they're doing.

As for moves that trip...

This is not necessarily true, and I would argue that this is poor planning on the player if it is assumed to be the case. If I use Meta Knights Dtilt for example, I can use the out come to my advantage, regardless of what it may be, because I am using that move appropriately. If I plan on the trip however, and react improperly based on such, I can place myself in a vulnerable position. That is the fault of the player, not the move.
This....

Anndd...

If that is the case, that is poor reasoning to remove decay. I'm not going to argue that point though.

And if a move trips, that is an inherit property. It just isn't guaranteed. Whether or not it hits is up to the player, and it only trip if it does hit. It is both in the players ability to ensure the move hits, and to ensure they are prepared to capitalize/deal with the out come.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
Honestly, I'm against something of the sort. The reason why Peach's Bob-ombs are random is because of the low risk high reward the bomb gives. D3 spawning items only works when an item is set to on in the item select screen. If you turn all items to off and set frequency to none. He never spawns a capsule or an item.
D3 as in Gordos, not items.

I'm sure it might be suggested to remove bob-ombs and Gordos alltogether. Honestly, I don't think it would change the overall viability of D3 or Peach one bit if their random projectile was taken away, and would also reduce the desire to spam for a random projectile. As it stands, projectile spam for these characters is rewarded by a better chance at these powered up items. Are we ok with this? If not, the only alternative to removing them is to somehow integrate them as a strategic part of the game.

GaW's judgement has no really good way to make it non-random and balanced, unless you want to go back to melee and have the judgement give a number based on a unit of time. if the elapsed time of teh match is 00:0x:00, whatever the x is, will give the corresponding hammer, but like in Melee, that could be timed and mastered. :/
The timer mechanic is indeed a lot better than it being random IMO. Maybe we could make the hammer behave the same way Wario's fart does - on an set interval. The problem with G-dub is that you wouldn't know when it was ready, unless we could make some sort of queue.

Luigi's misfire is more sane, but eh. I prefer it to stay random. Having it on a set pattern will only buff his recovery in the hands of someone who kows what they're doing.
Agreed, it would be too much of a buff if it could be called on command. Perhaps the Wario idea can apply to this as well? At any rate, if the misfire in and of itself is broken, it makes sense to take it out. Leaving it random does no good for balance at all, it's a random reward for no player input whatsoever.

As for moves that trip...
That's basically just stating the obvious - that you should not play for the trip. What we are trying to do is actually make the trip something you can play for.

SGX

Smash Journeyman
I think all of these moves should be left as-is. IMO, none of them are the slightest bit unbalanced or seriously detract from the game.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
Just a funny little thing we fount tonight. Samus' pummels do no damage to bowser. It's pretty hilarious to watch her him and it not do ****.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Makes you wonder why Sakurai didn't think of something like this for Bowser in the first place. Making heavy characters balanced is always difficult, but this is perfect for Bowser.

Oh wait, he was too busy with tripping. :p

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
Don't blame Sakurai. Bowser was fine in VBrawl. He just fell way behind in Brawl+ because he can't combo at all. I still don't see why there's an opposition to reducing his general landing lag. Heck, even Falcon gets it. Reducing the lag by a bit more would make his down and neutral airs somewhat useful, and his back air less a pain to attempt.

As for people's interpretation of my previous post, I was referring to the somewhat random tripping caused by specific moves.

Leafgreen, I can see where you are coming from, but I guess I just don't think that it's so hard to keep up with a character or recognize when they do trip quick enough to react (a special tripping sound even plays). Maybe this could be something addressed when there's more codespace...but I hardly find it a priority.

I played plenty of Plus tonight with a friend. We tried with and without the tumbling modifier and no AD in tumble code. In my experiences this adds an unneeded fit of complexity to the game. You want to turn off a lot of people to Brawl+? This is a good way to do it. I understand you don't want airdodges and techs to get mixed up, but I've tried the new tech fix and that is no longer a problem. I did like the fastfall during tumble code a lot.

Falcon is a beast. I can see why people really want him to have more friction. Luigi is playing really well. Squirtle's up tilt is broken - probably needs fixing, it combos into itself too easily. Donkey Kong still has trouble recovering. As was said, he can do nothing against ROB. He has similar problems with Marth once he gets over the edge.

the_judge

Smash Journeyman
Most of the bowser players just want klaw hops, invincible fortress, and grab release shenanigans back.
1st off, every1 doesn't have to have combos, Ganon does ok w/o them. And 2nd I believe Bowser is just a few tones under being called solid. Why is the klaw hop glitch necessary, grab releases were an all-around fix and fortress still has monster priority.

matt4300

Smash Ace
Most of the bowser players just want klaw hops, invincible fortress, and grab release shenanigans back.
1st off, every1 doesn't have to have combos, Ganon does ok w/o them. And 2nd I believe Bowser is just a few tones under being called solid. Why is the klaw hop glitch necessary, grab releases were an all-around fix and fortress still has monster priority.
@_@? gannon has combos... like re/idiculous combos... where have you been? dtilt combos... you can stomp to: just about anything.... again what game are you playing lol... If you havent noticed combo chars dominate. It doesnt matter how bad they get comboed or how low the percent they die at is. Look at jiangs char rateings thread

BrutalBrutal

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure if this has been said already, but the PAL version freezes if you enable level freezing, it lags brawl (the frame rate is really low), and you get more momentum in your jumps when running to the left than when rnning to the right.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Why is the klaw hop glitch necessary
It screws with shieldgrabbing and gives Bowser a good aerial defense. Infinite jumping wasn't just a silly gimmick, it also made it very annoying for aerial based characters to aproach Bowser. (Like Peach and Wario.)

fortress still has monster priority
If it had monster knockback like it did in Melee, I'm sure no one would complain. ^^

The Cape

Smash Master
Bowser can still klaw hop its just much harder. Bowser has mindgames, fortress still *****, and Bowser is great at punishing and killing people.

The character plays WAY different than he did in vBrawl. Get over it.

Zodac

Smash Journeyman
noob questions:
1.where can i find prevouis change logs
2.where is the line(s) of code for character spefic changes like Lucas Standing Grab on the pal version

Revven

FrankerZ
So I just was playing Beta 3.3 and I had a few questions.

Is move decay back in and were infinite replays removed for space?
No Stale Moves is still in the set and infinite replays is now the 1 liner so, you don't see the "Press Z to save replay" button anymore, you can still save AFTER 3 minutes, the Z button just isn't there.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
I played plenty of Plus tonight with a friend. We tried with and without the tumbling modifier and no AD in tumble code. In my experiences this adds an unneeded fit of complexity to the game. You want to turn off a lot of people to Brawl+? This is a good way to do it. I understand you don't want airdodges and techs to get mixed up, but I've tried the new tech fix and that is no longer a problem. I did like the fastfall during tumble code a lot.
Kupo and DS want the No AD in tumble so that when the attacker predicts the AD, they get more of a reward from it. Apparently, the way it works now, eve if you perfectly predict the AD, the defender has put themselves in a better position, and thus the attacker gets less reward for punishing said AD.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
Kupo and DS want the No AD in tumble so that when the attacker predicts the AD, they get more of a reward from it.
Actually, no. The code doesn't enhance the reward for predicting an AD. It enhances the likelihood and penalty of mistiming the AD and thus makes it less reliable. If the AD is successful, the result is still the same whether the code is on or not.

Finns7

Smash Ace
I think we need a buffer/handicap code...It seems certain chars are harder to master with certain buffers, I mean its already easier mastering meta or falcon in brawl+ than say Bowser or ganon, so why add something technical to their bread and butter style... Id say make it 0-5 for handicap or something

MaxDeUh

Smash Journeyman
I played my friend in some Brawl+ today. He couldn't stand the hitstun. Though, I'm kind of disappointed that he didn't like it. :(

MaxDeUh

Smash Journeyman
He didn't like it because he "couldn't do anything when I attacked him." I looked at him and said, "Yeah, they're called combos."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom