• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
It's also one of the two that are bad because of type immunities (Fissure's Ground type doesn't work on Flying, Horn Drill's Normal type doesn't work on Ghost).
aaaaaactually guillotine is also normal typed.

And since there are only 4 OHKO moves and 3 of them have an immunity, it really doesn't make sense to arbitrarily call 2 of the 4 "bad" . . . it's more like one of the 4 is best and the other 3 are standard.

Oh, and I guess ALL pokemon with "Sturdy" are immune to OHKOs too so, all of them are innefective in at least some situations so . . . yeah.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
One is usable and the other three are bad, then.
That's kinda like calling "earthquake" bad because it can't hit flying types, but it's actually one of the best moves in the game.

I mean NONE are usable in any real tournament because they are always banned (for good reason) but if you ARE using them, sheer cold is slightly better than the other 3..... but not to any measurable extent.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Earthquake is good because it's a 100 BP 100 accuracy attack in a good typing. It has nothing to do with the argument of OHKO moves because, unlike those, there are things like damage, accuracy, and physical/special that distinguish it from the rest of the movepool.

Fissure, Horn Drill, Sheer Cold, and Guillotine all have the exact same effect, but three of them are strictly worse simply due to typing. Besides, everyone knows that when discussing OHKO moves, you're doing so with the purpose of putting it on that No Guard Ninjask. ;)

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Earthquake is good because it's a 100 BP 100 accuracy attack in a good typing. It has nothing to do with the argument of OHKO moves because, unlike those, there are things like damage, accuracy, and physical/special that distinguish it from the rest of the movepool.

Fissure, Horn Drill, Sheer Cold, and Guillotine all have the exact same effect, but three of them are strictly worse simply due to typing. Besides, everyone knows that when discussing OHKO moves, you're doing so with the purpose of putting it on that No Guard Ninjask. ;)
might as well put it on no-guard deoxys-S

If you're gonna go broken, you might as well go big or go home.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
While Deoxys-S is, hilariously enough, in OU for 5th gen, I still think No Guard Ninjask has a better ring to it.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Don't worry, we're just talking about useless things like OHKO moves and Ninjasks anyway.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Step one: Qualify for the state gymnastics meet
Step two: Sprain my ankle the day before the meet
Step three: Commit seppuku

My plan is almost complete :3

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
so happy to be on summer break lol. now if i had a job and some money i would be almost near heaven lol
Good ole Summer. All I can think of is hitting the beach, running, relaxing. Sometimes I wish some of those days there wasn't humidity. I work too much so I make the best out of any day I ever get off. Good luck on getting a job and I can say it on this post since I hate typing through a mobile device, it's good to see you again! =)

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
so happy to be on summer break lol. now if i had a job and some money i would be almost near heaven lol
I really, really need a job this summer. Not so much for money, but mainly because I feel bad about being almost 18 and never having worked... :(

But before then I have A Level exams to worry about! :urg:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Tournament this weekend is a special one, so I'm gonna run my full character lineup instead of just Peach for it, I think. If anyone can help me fill in the blanks I'd much appreciate it :)

For reference, my characters, in terms of playing ability/experience, are:
:sheik: :marth: :peach: :falco: :zerosuitsamus: :zelda: :fox:

:metaknight: - :random:
:snake: - :sheik:
:diddy: - :sheik:
:falco: - :marth: (hilariously enough I'm terrible at using Sheik in this matchup)
:wario: - :peach:
:marth: - :sheik:
:popo: - :peach:
:olimar: - :peach:
:pikachu2: - :peach:
:dedede: - :zerosuitsamus:
:toonlink: - :marth:
:kirby2: - :random:
:fox: - :sheik:
:rob: - :random:
:pit: - :random:
:peach: - :roymelee:
:dk2: - :sheik:
:luigi2: - :peach:
:wolf: - :random:
:sheilda: - :peach:
:sonic: - :random:
:ike: - :sheik:
:sheik: - :peach:
:ness2: - :marth:
:pt: - :random:
:yoshi2: - :marth:
:lucas: - :marth:
:mario2: - :random:
:bowser2: - :random:
:falcon: - :random:
:samus2: - :random:
:jigglypuff: - :random:
:link2: - :sheik:
:zelda: - :sheik:
:ganondorf: - :mewtwo:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Tournament this weekend is a special one, so I'm gonna run my full character lineup instead of just Peach for it, I think. If anyone can help me fill in the blanks I'd much appreciate it :)

For reference, my characters, in terms of playing ability/experience, are:
:sheik: :marth: :peach: :falco: :zerosuitsamus: :zelda: :fox:

:metaknight: - :random: Use your best character for this
:snake: - :sheik:
:diddy: - :sheik:
:falco: - :marth: (hilariously enough I'm terrible at using Sheik in this matchup)
:wario: - :peach:
:marth: - :sheik:
:popo: - :peach:
:olimar: - :peach:
:pikachu2: - :peach:
:dedede: - :zerosuitsamus:
:toonlink: - :marth:
:kirby2: - :random: if you an space well, Go with ethier ZSS or Zelda. Its makes it hard for kirby to get in. Peach Vs Kirby is even so if you all lost, go Peach.
:fox: - :sheik:
:rob: - :random: if you can deal with his camping, Go Peach. That or ZSS.
:pit: - :random: Marth would be good to keep up with Pit. With is speed and pressure. Peach is a good choice too. Go with who you feel is better for you playing.
:peach: - :roymelee:
:dk2: - :sheik:
:luigi2: - :peach:
:wolf: - :random: Ether Falco or Marth.
:sheilda: - :peach:
:sonic: - :random: Peach or Falco.
:ike: - :sheik:
:sheik: - :peach:
:ness2: - :marth:
:pt: - :random: Peach takes out ivysaur and charizard. Squitle is a lil tricky. You have to wall squirtle. it makes it hard for him to get in. if you wanna be a tool wall him and wait till he gets tired. His moves wont be as gay.
:yoshi2: - :marth:
:lucas: - :marth:
:mario2: - :random: Peach,Marth
:bowser2: - :random: Take your Pick. Though Peach, Falo can be really gay on him.
:falcon: - :random: Take your pic.
:samus2: - :random: Falco, Peach
:jigglypuff: - :random:
:link2: - :sheik:
:zelda: - :sheik:
:ganondorf: - :mewtwo:
That should be it

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
just go Falco for almost every one of those matchups except Pikachu, Sheik, and Ice Climbers.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't think my Falco is legit enough to maindeck. Plus, I expect that everyone here has SK92 experience.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Understandable.

I pretty much agree with what Dark Pch. said.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
peach does not beat samus.

falco does though. BIG TIME
I know, Thats why I put falco first. Peach goes even withher. Wes in convinced that Peach wins by a lil. I keep telling him no. They both evenly do dumb **** to each other. And live for days.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
So, like this one time
and in this one place
it was really really far away
and this stuff happened.

*SWOOOSH*

Bwahahahahhahaha!

*CRASH*

LOUD NOISES

*BOOM*

OW, MY LEG!

You're the only one who can save us!

*Meow!*

:peach:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
What's wrong with Peach vs Kirby? D:
I mean, I used to use Sheik in the matchup, so maybe I'm a bit biased about how much easier it feels.

Top Bottom