• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
You can - it's just a matchup that takes a lot of practice and patience at high level to become good at. It's extremely hard to land the kill move most of the time, and it's also pretty annoying to get off strings.

If you're going to camp HARD you'll do fine. His bair outranges a lot of our approaches, so if you lose the lead it's going to feel like you are riding an uphill battle if he lands an early kill (which he can do very frequently).

Peach has her pros too, she can somewhat stick with him in the air do to her superb mobility, she can also glide toss turnips up to knock him out of camping us, and she can also just float to avoid his pretty obvious grounded kill moves - but if your not extremely confident in the matchup, I wouldn't go into it cold turkey.

Marth would be much better ;)

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Marth ***** Kirby.

Things to know, though.

Obviously, your Fair is like the bane of everything's existence. Space it well against him, and try to bait out his bair before he baits out you. When he does his Fthrow>Uair ect~ combos, you can Up B out of them. But be careful, because if they know the MU, they'll stop after the Fthrow, and you'll end up Up Bing for no reason, leaving yourself open once again.

Dancing blade is ****, as always. Especially on the ground against Kirby.

Hope that helps a slight bit. :3

:peach:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I have no experience in either of those matchups, but okay I'll try that.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I have no experience in either of those matchups, but okay I'll try that.
If you gonna go Peach on ROB, Limit the the time you are in the air. Cause ROBS would just Fair you. Just don't play the basic peach game on ROB .Cause you gonna fall for Fairs and lots of dsmashes. Along with his camping. What I usually do is get a turnip in my hand go near rob. But I don't really do anything. I usually wait for him to shoot off a gyro and/or a laser. then use that turnip to follow up. I also Fight with a turnip in hand. Like I would Dair his shield and space it. Land. then run the other way (To bait a shield drop of some sort) Then jump cancel throw behind me. Then follow up with something after. A pressure game really.

Space your moves though. Cause you will just be eating alot of dsmashes and grabs. You can be at a certain distance with ROB and keep craking him with turnips. pressure and get some hits. If you could not get any, just run away. ROB is not fast.

One other thing you an do on ROB that I love doing is Float to Dair his shield. Before the move ends, get behind him and Z drop the turnip as you fall. Then do an instant dash attak the other way. If rob was to side step, roll or Dsmash. You would hit him or the turnip. Rob has no quick moves behind him. Air wise. Some what of a blind spot. Ether way, Rom can't do anything about it.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
what do y'all generally ban when theres no obvious ban?
I hate Halberd. I get nightmares from Snake's utilt there

I actually have a ban for every single character xD

If idk what to ban, I usually either do Halberd, Pictochat, Lylat, or like PS2 or something

~Halberd has a low ceiling, which means early upward deaths
~I've just never gotten practice on Lylat. It used to be (might still be) a neutral in MD/VA, but I always struck it. And in ladder, PS1 replaced it. So I never play at Lylat
~Pictochat is like FD, but a big luck factor is incorporated into it
~I never play at PS2 either, but it got added into the unity ruleset, so it might be worth learning it

z00ted

about 90% of the time I ban Halberd, similar to lloD

I hate Lylat and Yoshi's.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace

Really? Yoshi's? I used to dislike it, but now it's my back up cp against mk just in case they ban PS1. Easy fair kills, I remember Excel did some crazy stuff on the ledge there, and I like it now. But we have different styles, so it makes sense

Llod, have I ever told you you are my favorite child?
I feel so special <3

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yea, before you was born. I got you at the first shot I got

Doctor: Ok, Push

Peach: nnnnnnrgaaaaaaaaah!

Me: .....man **** this I am taking action *pushes doc to the side* Move!

Doctor: Ey, what are you doing?

Me: Saving this kid! Peach keep your legs open.

Peach: WTF?

Me: *sticks head inside* What up lil *****! It's daddy. Now you listen. And you listen good. Don't come out here starting any **** ok? Don't you come out gay ether. Too many of those!

Peach: Hey, the hell are you doing

Me: shut up woman, Im being a parent!

Doctor: Sir you can't be

Me: GET YOUR FUKING HANDS OFF ME! *sticks head back in*
Don't come here starting any type of **** or I will kick your ***, you understand me. Don't my like your brothers, you got that. Com ere, get-g-get off the umbilical cord *grabs it and pulls baby closer* Dpnt piss me off and start crap! This world you are about to enter, I help you come into this world. And I got no problem taking your *** out. remember that lil *****!

Got to get them early. And look at what a fine young man llod turned out to be. I should have did this with the rest......

z00ted

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

vzxlcjvzckvjxckvzxcjk

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Sup Jiggly!
How've you been?
hi hi i've been depressed by school stress! D: but now that its break time im happier
Good ole Summer. All I can think of is hitting the beach, running, relaxing. Sometimes I wish some of those days there wasn't humidity. I work too much so I make the best out of any day I ever get off. Good luck on getting a job and I can say it on this post since I hate typing through a mobile device, it's good to see you again! =)
good to see you too lol
I really, really need a job this summer. Not so much for money, but mainly because I feel bad about being almost 18 and never having worked... :(

But before then I have A Level exams to worry about! :urg:
other than touching people coming into the browns stadium during the football season i still haven't had a real job and im 23. your fine MntT especially if your just in school until you graduate from college or something.

why Yoshi's? its awesome!

im usually the first to bad FD, mostly because of one a personal dislike of that stage and two im usually fighting campers. i'd rather be camped somewhere pretty or random like Pictochat than on blue, cold FD.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

vzxlcjvzckvjxckvzxcjk

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
lamsoopddfdffdkjfdnfbdfjkkrbfjrejf495954u864

-dead-

came back

-diedagain-

-sawllodcomeb ackas jesus-
djf
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ALLLLLLLL of this xDDDDDD

I lost soooooooo hard xD, I was trying so hard not to wake people up reading that ****

:rosalina:

stingers

Smash Obsessed
LMFAO @ dark pch
omg...there are no words

but umm yeah back to peach stuff, people seem to take me to frigate a lot on wifi, but it doesnt seem like that bad of a peach stage, shes just kinda easy to gimp with no ledge.

Top Bottom