• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

Nicole

Smash Champion
Wow, we're still talking about Leon, eh?

Dude's good. I'd be incredibly curious to see how he does over here though. From what I saw from watching his vids, Europe doesn't camp much. That MK he was playing with Marth...I think he tornado-ed twice. And once it was just to recover. And Mr. R played very aggressively the whole match, even when he had the lead. Peach has a good defensive game, though Leon didn't use it too much (but he did when he absolutely needed to). Over here, you get punished hard for approaching, at least by our semi-top/top players. Our best players are extremely patient. If Leon didn't change his aggro style up when he got over here, I don't see him doing well at all. But, great players can adapt. So we'd just have to see. But best Peach in the world? That's way too generous.

edit: You guys are all forgetting how well KOS MOS used to do at big tournaments also. He got 7th out of 80 at a tournament (I was at it too) going all Peach. If he, like Leon, subbed a high tier (MK, like he chose to do later in his career), he might have won it too. I'm not knocking Leon's skill at all, I think it's great that a Peach main won a big tournament. But between Niko, Kos-mos, Excel, Edreese, and Dark...and now we have Kyon and KB placing high at their tournaments as well...I think there have been better solo Peach players, and there will continue to be better Peaches too.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Yeah I'm done talking about Leon, but before I stop, he ***** a top EuroDiddy-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umsrUPzYKJM&feature=related

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Ar-ma-da! Ar-ma-da!

edit: all this talk about Europe having the best Peach just reminds me :o

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
lol, i'm no exception. i suck now, trust me. my knowledge is still great though, which is why I post ^_^

Also dark doesn't excel still place well? What's he been up to
Excel does not play like that anymore. Pound 4 was his last tourny.

And I am a rust bucket too. I was talking back in the days when it was You me, Niko and excel playing well alot going solo Peach. That 2 month retirement hit me hard. Came back in december washed up. But I think I am slowly bringing it back.

I call us four the 'Peach legends" Cause we did damage back then and now don't do much anymore. But I am trying to bring it back. **** is hard. I think I might have or close to getting my "best EC Peach" title back. Now to get 1-3 best in the USA again and kick up old school like we use to do.

...I never excused anyone Dark.
What I ment was how would you all determine who is a top Peach or who is better than the other for the USA?

istudying

Smash Lord
Even so, Leon is like the only high-level player that has uses Peach along w/ a high tier character. There are ZERO high-profile players in the US that use a high tier along w/ Peach that place in the top 5 on a consistent basis. He has won and placed in the top 3 @ many of the European tournaments in the past. It's just that this tournament actually had a tournament page, and was brought into the spotlight(by me) :chuckle:.

None of us have even won a large tournament, so we really can't say anything except that Leon isn't up to our standards of the "Best Peach". The title of "Best Peach" should mean that the player is amazing no matter what character they use(IMO). I understand where everyone is coming from when they say he isn't the "Best Peach," but Leon is our "Best player that uses Peach."

BTW Leon has used Peach vs MK in past grand finals...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jldIjJyNszw

^^^^^

Also, Europe maybe coming to APEX, so all settlements based on Leon will be determined there.
Top 5 from Europe won't be at APEX due the big Paris tournament on 23 July, Ally will be there as well. We will probaly be there next year!

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
In other news.... Have any of you seen this killer dance by this group of seven year old girls?
I'm jealous of their talent, but the way they're dressed is inappropriate for their age.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19EmsCeYxHQ
I didn't even need to click that link to know what you're talking about, lol. Is it the "I'm a Single Lady" dance thingy? Because my sister already showed me last night and my Choir teacher complained about how bad our society is going after watching it. XD

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
has anyone else made the connection between Leon and RE4 Leon?
I'm now saying his name in my Ashley tone of voice......
Nope. RE2 Leon is where it's at. Old skool. :3

And in other news, I just put the RE2 self destruct alarm on my Frigate, as well as the second and third William Birkin, and MR X fight themes. OMG it's so perfect!

And I have the Legend of Legaia Battle theme on my Smashville with the pink tree texture. Sexxxxy.

Purple

Hi guys!
So, i just played my friend's fox with peach for the first time.

I have to say that was probably the most annoying gameplay I've done in a long while. I mean, even if I have the momentum, i can't kill him until so late :(.

This is such a tough ride -.-. I'm used to killing at 90% with snake lol.

Xyless

Smash Master
Yep, playing as Peach is a battle of patience. They're at 110? SAVE THE FAIR! At 125? SAVE THE FAIR! At 200? WHY ARE YOU NOT FAIRING?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't know what you're talking about. It's all about using fair all the time while keeping it fresh. Just ask Mikey.

Xyless

Smash Master
well to be honest i used to place very well at tournies, like top 8 nearly every time, but i don't bother posting results cuz nobody cares about iowa tournies lol. i just don't play as much as i used to XD
You should consider an MAS tourney or a Don't Blink. They're both lots of fun, especially Don't Blink, since it's at a nickel arcade, and has tons of room for setups (and lots of free arcade games).

Moozle

Smash Champion
You should consider an MAS tourney or a Don't Blink. They're both lots of fun, especially Don't Blink, since it's at a nickel arcade, and has tons of room for setups (and lots of free arcade games).
Yeah! And because I live less than a mile away from the venue!

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Oh, I just like it because it reminds me of one of my favorite Vocaloid songs is all. Wow, we totally changed subject here, but I have a feeling the Leon subject will continue on sooner or later since there sometimes ends up being 2 completely different conversations going on here at the same time, lol~

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
You made a fandub of Romeo and Cinderella? I've been listening to that so much lately, it's probably my favorite vocaloid song now haha. I'm addicted. If I had any singing voice, I'd sing it too haha. Can I see the demo? ;.; I bet it sounds adorable!

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Yep, playing as Peach is a battle of patience. They're at 110? SAVE THE FAIR! At 125? SAVE THE FAIR! At 200? WHY ARE YOU NOT FAIRING?
Er... no. If they're at 200%, you should be using Nair or Bair to kill, not Fair. They're much faster and easier to land. Fair is for, like, 150% or something.

Top Bottom