• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big House 3! PP Hbox M2K Hax Scar SFAT PewPewU Cort Kage - October 12-13th, 2013 - Ann Arbor, MI

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Geographic Breakdown

State/Province | # of Attendees
MI | 79
OH | 36
IL | 21
ON | 11
CA | 10
IN | 10
WI | 10
PA | 9
MD | 6
NC | 5
NY | 4
AL | 3
AZ | 3
FL | 3
BC | 2
CT | 2
KY | 2
MN | 2
MO | 2
MA | 1
NJ | 1
QC | 1
TX | 1
VA | 1
WA | 1

Dopey

Smash Lord
LOLLL @ Rob

Well I remember my 3rd time on vaca...I was 18....took 21 more visits before I learned my lesson LOLLL

Just get good at spades darkatma and you'll eat good ^^

Engo

Smash Ace
My name at tourneys is Bernal.

Find me for $1-5 mm's! I wanna get a lot of experience/matchup practice this tourney.

I play Fox but may also be willing to do some mm's with IC's

clowsui

Smash Legend
This tournament will prove to the world, yet again, why Midwest TOs are the best in the business.

The torch passes on.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Hmm I wouldn't mind being dope in the sense of being best in the midwest for years, and beating the next best (drephen) for 12 tournies straight.

Edit: Oh yeah I have a hit list for all the people I lost to last year that are attending :p

luigi master tae

Smash Journeyman
LOLLL @ Rob

Well I remember my 3rd time on vaca...I was 18....took 21 more visits before I learned my lesson LOLLL

Just get good at spades darkatma and you'll eat good ^^
plan on me taking you to the town during down time lol

luigi master tae

Smash Journeyman
im new pm never played but im still down to mm especially since they put roy up in the shizzzzzzz

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Hey everyone,

The Big House 3 is coming up in just one week, on October 12-13! The TO staff would like to make a few reminders at this time. This message was sent in a mass email to all attendees this afternoon, but in case you didn't get it:

* Changing Teammates
You have until the end of October 5 to add your teammate(s) for Melee Doubles and/or Project M Doubles if you registered for either of these events. Please email michigansmash@gmail.com to do this, and check the attendees list to confirm. If you do not add your teammate(s), we will begin to pair unmatched doubles entrants with each other by random. If only one player on a team has added the other as their teammate, we will assume that is the final team unless told otherwise.

* Adding or Dropping Events
You may add or drop entry into Melee Doubles and/or Project M Doubles until October 5 as long as you have already registered as an official entrant. Please email michigansmash@gmail.com to do this. The deadline has passed to add or drop entry into Melee Singles and/or Project M Singles. Look for pools to be posted early next week.

* Spectator Policy
All spectators must be registered online beforehand to be allowed access into the venue. No transactions at the door -- use the spectator registration page. If anyone shows up at the door without registering beforehand, they will be told to leave. If anyone brings spectators along in their travel party and tries to sneak them into the venue, they will be DQ'd from the tourney. Please communicate this to everyone in your travel party.

* Committed Equipment (Setups)
For those who committed equipment during registration, you must follow through with that or else risk paying a $20 penalty charge during tournament check-in -- setups are the most essential piece to a tournament, and our numbers must be accurate for planning purposes. Check here to confirm whether you committed equipment or not during registration. If you can no longer commit to bringing equipment, you have until October 5 to email michigansmash@gmail.com with that information.

* Setup Discounts
In order to qualify for a setup discount, you must leave your equipment at the venue at all times until 7pm Sunday and meet all the initial requirements for a full setup as described in the sections below. It's a $10 discount if you bring your full setup to the venue by 11pm Friday, or a $5 discount if you bring your full setup to the venue by 10am Saturday. Your arrival time will be recorded during check-in, and your setup discount will be given at 7pm Sunday.

* Melee Setups
For those who committed Melee equipment during registration, a full Melee setup comprises of a 15+ inch TV across the diagonal, GameCube, Melee disc, and fully unlocked memory card. To avoid confusion and inconvenience, we cannot accept Wiis as part of a full Melee setup. Only GameCubes, please.

* Project M Setups
For those who committed Project M equipment during registration, a full Project M setup comprises of a 12+ inch TV across the diagonal, Wii, Brawl disc (or otherwise an ability to run Brawl), a method of starting your Wii (Sensor Bar + Wii Remote or a form of BootMii) and a 2.6b Full Set (Not WiFi!!) SD card. Additionally, you must place the Big House 3 menu file on your SD Card in order to be eligible for a venue fee discount. Check here for more information. Please avoid potentially distracting textures, music, sound effect and menu modifications. If they are deemed extreme, they will be overwritten or removed from you SD Card without any notice, and you may potentially not receive your setup discount as a result.

* Miscellaneous Requests
All questions and requests should be made as soon as possible and done though emailing michigansmash@gmail.com. As outlined above, these can include teammate changes, event changes, miscellaneous registration changes, or committed equipment changes. Please do not reach out to us through social media -- it's impossible to keep track of important information that way. Thanks for understanding!

Look for another email next week with more information about the schedule, check-in, and travel/housing, as well as Melee and Project M pools! For daily updates and discussion, join the tournament Facebook event.

Best,
Robin Harn, Adam Oliver, and The Big House 3 TO Staff

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Anyone need a teammate? I got an email saying I need a teammate by tomorrow.

Do you still need a teammate Kish? I also prefer teams to singles, plus I'm old as ****!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Maybe I'm senile, but I don't remember this restriction being placed when I signed up to bring a setup =/
Taken straight from the registration page from before:

---

Equipment You Can Provide (optional)

# of CRT TVs:​
Number of CRT TVs you can provide; must be at least 15 inches across the diagonal.

# of GameCubes with Melee:​
Number of GameCubes you can provide, including a Melee disc with a full memory card.

# of Wiis with Project M:​
Number of Wiis you can provide, including Project M essentials (Brawl disc, SD card, v2.6b, etc.)

Thank you for your contribution to this event! If you bring a full Melee setup or a full Project M setup, we will provide you with $10 in cash back on the weekend of the tournament. Keep in mind that your equipment, once checked in, will be operated and kept by our staff until the conclusion of the event (this means until Sunday night). Failure to bring committed equipment without a 10-day advance notice will result in a $20 penalty charge at the door for you to participate; setups are the most essential piece to the successful running of a tournament, and these numbers must be accurate while planning. Thank you for understanding.

Garzal

Smash Rookie
Thank you for your contribution to this event! If you bring a full Melee setup or a full Project M setup, we will provide you with $10 in cash back on the weekend of the tournament. Keep in mind that your equipment, once checked in, will be operated and kept by our staff until the conclusion of the event (this means until Sunday night). Failure to bring committed equipment without a 10-day advance notice will result in a $20 penalty charge at the door for you to participate; setups are the most essential piece to the successful running of a tournament, and these numbers must be accurate while planning. Thank you for understanding.

Well looks like my TV is going to be used for Project M then.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Sorry I disappeared until the last day.

Is that REALLY OLD MONTROSS?!?!?! Yayz. So I'm still waiting to hear back from Juggleguy on one point. If that point is resolved in one direction, I will not need a teammate. If it is resolved in the other direction, then I'm happy to team with Montross/Mundungu for one each of the games. Montross for Melee since WE PLAYED MELEE IN 2005 TOGETHER OH MAN.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
I want to face everyone at least once so I can experience over 150 different ways to get rekt.

j00t

Smash Champion
If M2K doesn't do dumb **** like play fox against jiggs then I predict he'll win as well

EDIT: NVM PP's going, I vote PP

oh **** Hax is going too

fuuuuuuuck

Hax let's play a lot

Top Bottom